Cyber crimes and our laws

moshingi

JF-Expert Member
Nov 15, 2011
Dear members,

Let us discuss about this mess, cyber crimes and our laws...we are already in digital era, but is our law prepared to curb the possible harms that may comes together with the computer revolutions?

Among the harm that citizens may suffer are;

• Theft from their accounts through mobile phones (NMB MOBILE FACILITY, M-PESA,TIGO PESA,etc),(Our Penal Code does not recognize money in form of data as property capable of being stolen, also there is no specific legislation authorized communication companies to conduct banking business)
  • Contracts entered through computer, eg. buying cars from Japan through internet, how extent the buyer is protected, in case of default which court has jurisdiction to entertain the matter?
  • Piracy, and or infringements against intellectual properties

How far the citizens' right to privacy is protected in course of cyber crime investigations? (The Electronic and Postal Communications Act,2010 gives inadequate protection to subscribers privacy)

Just think other stuffs like defamation done through various forums like this one, how innocent persons are protected and how easy to apprehend a culprit? How could these challenges be addressed without prejudice the freedom of speech...

I hereby submit!

Yeeah,very interesting topic!

I think its good sometime to discuss about other things for our daily lives, rather than politics.Despite that politics it has power which governed our country but most of it end up in worse!

I agreed with you on the issue of cyber crimes,on my view I think the very important things is knowledge (EDUCATION) about Cyber Space. I know by introduce this some of us will regret,but its possible. Let's see on the issue of HIV test, as I know before you undergo on test they gave you a short seminar on how...and after the test. So, I think even the other institution may do like, when they introduce the new technology!

On Cyber Crimes Investigation as I know the privacy it has been applied as far as the investigation concernrd and depends on the knowledge of investigator! The Laws and other regulations are on the Bills now, but the authority concerned they conduct investigation and the court, it happened to be difficult to the court to run the case accordingly as I said before, because of lack of knowledge about cyber space!

I hereby submit .....chance for others!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom