Tanzania: The Personal Data Protection Commission's Board should be independent from any interference - Minister

Roving Journalist

JF Roving Journalist
Apr 18, 2017
Snapinsta.app_419536894_280484974701055_3944591058807001307_n_1080.jpg

Hon. Nape Nnauye

"The Minister of Information, Communication and Information Technology, Hon. Nape Nnauye, has officially launched the Board of the Personal Data Protection Commission, urging it to perform its duties in accordance with the law, regulations, and guidelines set, and not based on the desires and will of certain individuals.

Hon. Nape expressed his desire to see the newly formed commission operate independently and without any interference, as the law and guidelines are clear.

Speaking at the launch event held at the TCRA Hall in Dodoma on January 19, 2024, Nape said, 'I wish the commission ensures that it starts to execute its duties by considering the law, regulations, and various guidelines that have been set.

“If there is any commission (in Tanzania), we want to be free from any interference while performing its duties, it is this one; I want this Commission to be independent, protect that. Let's not interfere with it and don't accept interference, be protected by the law - we have enacted them, they exist with regulations. If there is a problem somewhere, it's better to amend the laws and regulations, but do not be driven by the desires and will of people, let's operate according to the law.”

Snapinsta.app_419766178_327111526965614_6385735360174570483_n_1080.jpg

Snapinsta.app_419540884_393870619703052_6641231005312064566_n_1080.jpg

He added, 'You have been trusted, you were not given favoritism, the process was extensive, you have the blessings and trust of Tanzanians, we have entrusted you with the responsibility of protecting our information, work confidently.'

He asked the members of the new Board to continue and write history that will create a civilized society through the establishment of this Commission.

He further stated that the process began with the enactment of the law, which led to the creation of the Commission and later the Board, with the main goal being to ensure the protection of Personal Data."

"He stated that this new commission has the responsibility of protecting dignity, rights, and human values by ensuring that personal data of Tanzanians and even foreigners is collected and processed with respect for rights, dignity, and human values, so that the country (Tanzania) is seen as safe for digital services.

“This commission is new; our counterparts in other countries have already started. That's why here in Tanzania, President Dr. Samia Suluhu Hassan decided to establish it and has done so with conviction,” he said, adding:

“My call to you is to protect the trust our President has placed in you, as the process to select you and establish this commission was extensive. Truly from the heart, I wish to hear one day that this Personal Data Protection Commission in the country is better than any other commission in the world,” said Hon. Nape.

Naomba kufahamu kama hii kamisheni ishaanza kazi na wapi tunaweza kupata maelezo ya ziada?

Kampuni yetu iko na Makao Makuu China na information za wafanyakazi zinahifadhiwa huko pia. Je, kuna ulazima wa kampuni yetu kuwa registered na hii kamisheni?

Ahsante

Naomba kufahamu kama hii kamisheni ishaanza kazi na wapi tunaweza kupata maelezo ya ziada?

Kampuni yetu iko na Makao Makuu China na information za wafanyakazi zinahifadhiwa huko pia. Je, kuna ulazima wa kampuni yetu kuwa registered na hii kamisheni?

Ahsante
I also agree with Hon.Nape's suggestions simply because making it independent i will enable the commission to operate smoothly with no any interruptions. The significance of making the commission free from interruptions of individual's will is one that's relevant and fantamental ingredient for it to implement it's day to day activities easier.

Back
Top Bottom