Contrasting Leardership Styles: Uhuru Kenyatta v. Raila Odinga...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Africa bado kwa hizo analysis... Hatuna stable systems kihivyo

kebyatta is spending billions to psychoanalyse people. And dupe them in the name of leadership qualities assessments

TIMING Mutahi Ngunyi ni a very renown Kenyan social scientist na kaweka wazi kuwa raila akazane angalau aambulie nafasi ya pili vinginevyo hata hiyo nafasi there is no assurance........Mudavadi has the ethnic numbers to squeeze a second position.....and it will be sad for him; Amollo, if he sleepwalks and croons upon opinion polls.............which misleads him that he is ahead when his strongest zones were not registered and will not be allowed to vote.............I truly pity him for failing to motivate his tribesmen to register

Hizi campaigns za chuki ndio zinawafanya raila na kalonzo kupoteza umaarufu siku baada ya siku. Naona mudavadi and Peter kenneth's aliances zinapata zinanedelea. Raila na Kalonzo wangeweka tija na miundo msingi za nguvu kwenya campains zao taifa mzima, wangezidi kuwika na kupaa umaarufu. Mkuu unavosema wataendelea kupoteza umaarufu kuitarajia vyombo vya habari na kura za maoni kuwaletea tija.

Changa moto za wananchi wa kenya ni nyingi zaidi ya mashamba. kama elimu nk, na ingekuwa vyema kama ODM wangeshughulikia kusema mbinu za kutatua haya maswala.

TIMING Mutahi Ngunyi ni a very renown Kenyan social scientist na kaweka wazi kuwa raila akazane angalau aambulie nafasi ya pili vinginevyo hata hiyo nafasi there is no assurance........Mudavadi has the ethnic numbers to squeeze a second position.....and it will be sad for him; Amollo, if he sleepwalks and croons upon opinion polls.............which misleads him that he is ahead when his strongest zones were not registered and will not be allowed to vote.............I truly pity him for failing to motivate his tribesmen to register

I really do not pity him. I pity the people who have to wait for an MP to motivate them to register. Then vote for the same idiot and expect change. The problem with the current crop of 'Leaders' vying for leadership in Kenya is they all have been in government roles B4 and have nothing to show. With the the exception of Peter Kenneth (with his record to boot), nobody brings anything new to the table. Like i always say 'Same shit, different toilet'.

Dotke only Uhuru will strike the bull.........others are his cheerleaders............

Like i said, there are other candidates in the race. Kenya can not be held hostage by Uhuru and Raila.This is not the 60s & 70s. 50 years after independence and an economy that was at per with Malaysia, we have nothing to show.

kp06022013.jpg

I really do not pity him. I pity the people who have to wait for an MP to motivate them to register. Then vote for the same idiot and expect change. The problem with the current crop of 'Leaders' vying for leadership in Kenya is they all have been in government roles B4 and have nothing to show. With the the exception of Peter Kenneth (with his record to boot), nobody brings anything new to the table. Like i always say 'Same shit, different toilet'.

Dotke on campaign trail Peter Kenneth reveals nothing about his record being an assistant minister for al least five years.......the only mantra now synonymous with him is..."ni walewale ni walewale" as if himself is not part of the establishment...........................maybe you can share with me his record to begin with.

Like i said, there are other candidates in the race. Kenya can not be held hostage by Uhuru and Raila.This is not the 60s & 70s. 50 years after independence and an economy that was at per with Malaysia, we have nothing to show.

Dotke do you sincerely feel Amollo and Uhuru are behind the quagmire in Kenyan politics? Are the voters not the real problem not their fancy leaders?

As at now I am greatly appreciative of the country kenya and the strides economically it has made despite ridicule from some kenyans that are in the class of complainers and are not appreciative. Each established democracy in the world has had its fair history of tumult. the situation is not unique for Kenya, in the Americas there was the south carolina civil war. In the UK during the 18th century period a whole parliament building was set on flames. Kenya has never witnessed anything of such magnitudes and is relatively a young country with only its fourth president coming to the scene. May these doomsday prophets and prophetesess wth their prophecies give us a break!

As at now I am greatly appreciative of the country kenya and the strides economically it has made despite ridicule from some kenyans that are in the class of complainers and are not appreciative. Each established democracy in the world has had its fair history of tumult. the situation is not unique for Kenya, in the Americas there was the south carolina civil war. In the UK during the 18th century period a whole parliament building was set on flames. Kenya has never witnessed anything of such magnitudes and is relatively a young country with only its fourth president coming to the scene. May these doomsday prophets and prophetesess wth their prophecies give us a break!

Kabaridi ICC is a western neo-colonizing toll which will help jubilee............there is a genuine fear Amollo is a westernized puppet ready and more than willing to mortgage Kenya to the highest bidder...........

Kabaridi ICC is a western neo-colonizing toll which will help jubilee............there is a genuine fear Amollo is a westernized puppet ready and more than willing to mortgage Kenya to the highest bidder...........

To the contrary, the average Kenyan is more worried about buying a kilo of sugar at ksh. 1000, the HIV infected not being able to secure free ARVz, the competitive edge of Kenya being soiled due to embargoes and trade sanctions. Imagine what happens when tourists stop visiting Kenya, our agri-products being denied entry into EU because of two fellas. What gap will that do to our already bloated economy...

The deficit hole will be too great that the government might crumble. Assume the lifestyle of Kenyans living under a dollar...Uhurutos manifesto on security will mean nothing then. Insecurity will take center stage..before we know it a civil strife will be brewing. Will we be able to contain it? Will we recover? In ten years mayb. Ours will be the weakest economy if not military too...#overheard some people banking on oil as security.....this is a dream. To start with, the thing hasnt been mined n its likely it wont be touched if the US point the guns to us. That leaves us with nothing to bargain with...even China the devils favourite cant dare pull into such murky waters.

All this will only happen coz Uhuruto will pull a Bashir move once elected.

To the contrary, the average Kenyan is more worried about buying a kilo of sugar at ksh. 1000, the HIV infected not being able to secure free ARVz, the competitive edge of Kenya being soiled due to embargoes and trade sanctions. Imagine what happens when tourists stop visiting Kenya, our agri-products being denied entry into EU because of two fellas. What gap will that do to our already bloated economy...

The deficit hole will be too great that the government might crumble. Assume the lifestyle of Kenyans living under a dollar...Uhurutos manifesto on security will mean nothing then. Insecurity will take center stage..before we know it a civil strife will be brewing. Will we be able to contain it? Will we recover? In ten years maybe. Ours will be the weakest economy if not military too...#overheard some people banking on oil as security.....this is a dream. To start with, the thing hasnt been mined n its likely it wont be touched if the US point the guns to us. That leaves us with nothing to bargain with...even China the devils favourite cant dare pull into such murky waters.

All this will only happen coz Uhuruto will pull a Bashir move once elected.

Negative bro! Sudan is not the destination, right now there is an islamic re-unification with Iran and Egypt forming a marriage of convinience, which would ultimately mean Bashir this one time is off the ICC hook. And that is how the ICC is always; a jumpy affair.

If a kilo of sugar will rise up to 1000 kshs it means that the commodity is rear. We produce our own sugar for local consumption. by any means I think sugar prices will decrease, and those with frivolous activities like extortion-ism will disappear into thin air and I have no data whether we as a country export sugar, but we do import sugar. Don't also forget during moi's regime there was an economy barely on its knees growing at negative percentage, poor everything.

currently Kibaki is collecting trillions in taxes as opposed to moi who was collecting billions. both governments were corrupt............ but what if the money can be put to good use??

on the account of oil, they may put embargoes like what they did for IRan but we find that the same crude oil might find their way to areas like TZ. wahenga wanavosema usimsengenye ndovu lol!! So it is mission critical that other allies come on board other than those threatening embargoes

That is always the trouble we have with leaders who seek endorsement from diplomats and envoys as opposed to seeking the peoples mandate, they would opt for anything just to wield power.

Negative bro! Sudan is not the destination, right now there is an islamic re-unification with Iran and Egypt forming a marriage of convinience, which would ultimately mean Bashir this one time is off the ICC hook. And that is how the ICC is always; a jumpy affair.

If a kilo of sugar will rise up to 1000 kshs it means that the commodity is rear. We produce our own sugar for local consumption. by any means I think sugar prices will decrease, and those with frivolous activities like extortion-ism will disappear into thin air and I have no data whether we as a country export sugar, but we do import sugar. Don't also forget during moi's regime there was an economy barely on its knees growing at negative percentage, poor everything.

currently Kibaki is collecting trillions in taxes as opposed to moi who was collecting billions. both governments were corrupt............ but what if the money can be put to good use??

on the account of oil, they may put embargoes like what they did for IRan but we find that the same crude oil might find their way to areas like TZ. wahenga wanavosema usimsengenye ndovu lol!! So it is mission critical that other allies come on board other than those threatening embargoes

livefire Uhurutowataenda hague na kufutiwa mashtika yote kwa sababu hakuna ushahidi.....zilikuwa njama za Raila kujipatia madaraka kiulaini bila ya kutoa kijasho.................sasa kagundua boli haliendi hivyo...........

on the account of oil, they may put embargoes like what they did for IRan but we find that the same crude oil might find their way to areas like TZ. wahenga wanavosema usimsengenye ndovu lol!! So it is mission critical that other allies come on board other than those threatening embargoes Last edited by

Kabaridi Western nations will work with whoever emerges victorious this is why they are very frustrated

That is always the trouble we have with leaders who seek endorsement from diplomats and envoys as opposed to seeking the peoples mandate, they would opt for anything just to wield power.

Kabaridi western nations are forcing neo-colonialism and their agent in Kenya is Amollo and none else so you can sense their frustrations of not getting their man............

Assuming Uhuruto wins and economic sanctions follow, how different will it be with Moi's time when we went a whole decade without foreign aid yet the cost of living was more than affordable? Talking of aids what in terms of real cash has U.S of A given Kenya?

Assuming Uhuruto wins and economic sanctions follow, how different will it be with Moi's time when we went a whole decade without foreign aid yet the cost of living was more than affordable? Talking of aids what in terms of real cash has U.S of A given Kenya?

2 things;

1. There's a difference between not receiving foreign aid and being placed under economic sanctions...a major major difference.

2. You seriously think that the cost of living in kenya was "more than affordable" during Moi's time? Really? Seriously? Dude, what kenya were you living in? I'm not even going to go the anecdotal route, just check the stats on poverty, unemployment, malnutrition, maternal death etc etc...that is a ridiculous thing to say!

2 things;

1. There's a difference between not receiving foreign aid and being placed under economic sanctions...a major major difference.

2. You seriously think that the cost of living in kenya was "more than affordable" during Moi's time? Really? Seriously? Dude, what kenya were you living in? I'm not even going to go the anecdotal route, just check the stats on poverty, unemployment, malnutrition, maternal death etc etc...that is a ridiculous thing to say!

I get you and agree with you on the first one.
On the second one though i don't think, i know the cost of living was cheaper then because i experienced it first hand.

I get you and agree with you on the first one.
On the second one though i don't think, i know the cost of living was cheaper then because i experienced it first hand.

and so because YOUR life was ok, then life in kenya generally was ok? As I said, let's not out-anecdote each other, just check the stats on all quality of life indicators & UN MDG's...it's a fact, borne by empirical data, that life in kenya was far worse for the average Kenyan under Moi than it is now...even if it was ok for certain people

and so because YOUR life was ok, then life in kenya generally was ok? As I said, let's not out-anecdote each other, just check the stats on all quality of life indicators & UN MDG's...it's a fact, borne by empirical data, that life in kenya was far worse for the average Kenyan under Moi than it is now...even if it was ok for certain people

kshaka From my recollection of yesterday's debate graft went up as infrastructural commitments went up in Kibaki in comparison during the years of donor fatigue under Moi........

Last night presidential debate has opened new avenues that need to be analyzed concerning the contrasting leadership qualities between Uhuru Muigai kenyatta and his closest nemesis in Raila Amollo Odinga.......................here is my view:-

1) On Governance

a) How to tackle tribalism in Kenya?

Uhuru's take:-

Uhuru said it is a cancer in Kenya espousing conflict over meager resources control leading to death, destruction of property among other social ills. His solution is deploying a new constitution to address massive regional inequalities that are perpetuating tribalism as last stand of ethnic insecurities which politicians tend to cash in on them.

Raila's take:-

It is the disease of the elites. Tribalism begun after independence. Nyerere tackled tribalism in Tanzania while post-colonial Kenya did not!

My Take:-

First round was easily won by Uhuru and the reason is Raila does not know the history of his own country. And this is very shameful and disappointingly so! It was naive of him (Raila) to claim tribalism in Kenya was non-existent before independence while tribalism defined warfare even before the adventurism of colonial subjugation.

Second, Raila failed to grasp that tribalism is a struggle over control over resources as Uhuru had emphatically stated. Politicians are mere paws to advance a community goal and in fact I would insinuate that politicians and the rest of tribal elitists are mere enslaved in tribal cocoons and their own survival and relevance in the community is dependent on assuaging this debilitating need of furthering community interests shrouded in tribal discrimination.

Third, Raila was not telling the truth by apportioning too much credit to Nyerere for abolishing tribalism in Tanzania. The level and extent of tribalism between Kenya and Tanzania have so many endemic differences that a keen observer will desists from making such significant comparisons. Also, Tanzania is not yet free from tribalism and even during Nyerere's era tribalism was still a burning topic as Nyerere's own testimony was leading to 1995 electoral speeches attested. Nyerere bemoaned over blossoming of tribalism and religious factions in Tanzania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom