Browser war!

BinMgen

JF-Expert Member
Jun 18, 2008
Dah! mzee wa IE amekula glue! mzee chrome anammaliza fox! browser-2bwar-2bcopy.jpg

daah mi napenda opera manake ina opera turbo nkieka kisimu changu na pc suite wanaboost network na browse freesh, pia opera ina save memory sababu ina high compression kama huamini download leo mb 10 tuuuuuuuuuuu

is it very secured compared to Firefox or IE or what.????? By the why what are factors to look for in browser security?
Without a doubt, Google Chrome is more secured than both Firefox and IE. I like how they have built Chrome using a sandboxing technique that prevents unwanted software installing itself on your machine and stops what happens on one tab affecting what happens on another. Even hackers have hard time breaking into Chrome!!

tumia mozila alafu ulinganishe hata na speed ya ufungukaji wa site mbalimbali pia
Mozillafirefox ilikuwa zamani nzuri wakati kulikuwa hakuna google chrome. mozillafirefox inakula sana memory nimesha wahi kutumia Mozillafirefox zaidi ya miaka 10 iliyopita sasa hivi mozillafirefox imepitwa na wakati, Safari web Browser ipo Safe huna wasiwasi na virus Spyware haina mambo ya Pop Up iko nzuri

sana safari na haichukuu memory nyingi za Ram, inayofuatia ni Google chrome nayo pia nzuri sana kwa mawzo yangu hayo . Mozillafirefox mimi ninaweza kufananisha kama ni Anti-Virus ni AVG inakula sana Memory kwenye Computer yako. Angalia hapa bonyeza why mozillafirefox is take too much memory - Google Search

How To Reduce High Firefox CPU And MemoryUsage Easily By Asad
on Sep 19 2008

Editor’s Notes: These tips are for those users who are very new to Firefox. These are some basic tips and not the advanced ones.
Is your Firefox loading slowly? Or it just keep freezing up everytime you use heavy extensions or open multiple tabs? If yes, then you have come to the right place. In my case it can sometimes take up to 500MB of RAM when I open around 16 tabs and use a good number of extensions(yeah I am that geeky).Memory hogging is caused by the caching of pages and images for faster browsing. Now, Mozilla is working on fixing this memory hog in their next update. Hopefully, the next Firefox would have bettermemory management. Until then follow these simple steps to save memory.
Note: This tutorial is a bit outdated and does not show the real solution, however using “Fix Firefox Slow Start Problem

” trick has proved to work for many.[h=3]Reduce Number Of Extensions[/h]Cut down on the number of extensions used. More specifically, try to remove those extensions which access internet to update information for each site. If you want to know which add-ons are useful then check out our post on Best 5 Firefox plugins.

ext.png
[h=3]Disable Java Plugin[/h]Disable the Java plugin, by going to Tools > Options > Content tab and unchecking Enable Java. Most sites do not use Java. So, you end up wasting CPU resources for a plugin that you do not use.
java.png
[h=3]Open Fewer Tabs[/h]Open fewer tabs. By this, I mean that you should not open more than 10 tabs. The more tabs you have, the more memory Firefox consumes. Experiment with the number and come up with an optimal number for your PC.
tabs.png
By following these simple basic steps, Firefox will help you save some memory
How To Reduce High Firefox CPU And Memory Usage Easily

Without a doubt, Google Chrome is more secured than both Firefox and IE. I like how they have built Chrome using a sandboxing technique that prevents unwanted software installing itself on your machine and stops what happens on one tab affecting what happens on another. Even hackers have hard time breaking into Chrome!!
aminia ********* wa ukweli

nilikua natumia firefox 4 ila sasa nimedowload firefox 5, sasa google tool bar yangu ambayo huwa na sarve mambo meng imepotea baada ya ku upgrade hi 5.0, any help plz?

Five Best Web Browsers

Jason Fitzpatrick
—Full size

hivefivebrowsers1_01.jpg

It's probably the most important and debated piece of software on the modern computer. See how your fellow readers get around the net, and vote for your favorite web browser, in this week's Hive Five
.Picture background created with WEB2DNA Art Project

The only proper way to follow up on the passionate flurry of voting that last week's Hive FiveBest Linux Distributions

created was to ask you about your favorite web browser
. You didn't disappoint—Lifehacker readers came out in force, logging nearly a thousand votes to support their favorite browsers. We've tallied up the votes and we're here to share the top five browsers.[h=3]Chrome
[/h]Full size

2009-03-21_134426.png

Windows only (for practical purposes, but soon on Mac and Linux, if we're lucky): Some browsers have roots going back to the early 1990s—Chrome, on the other hand, is the new kid on the block. Although Chrome has a distant relationship to Konqueror and is a cousin to the Safari web browser—both share the speedy WebKit rendering engine—Google's browser is less than a year old. Despite its youth, it's already garnered praise for its minimalist interface and snappy page rendering. Chrome also handles site errors and quirks well, and each individual tab is a unique process, so a crash or lag in one shouldn't pull down or crash the others. In general, though, Chrome has caught attention for running a performance-focused JavaScript engine in a lightweight GUI. Also worth noting, Chrome has been holding its own in the recentPwn2Own security challenge
, with the distinction of being the only browser left standing after the first day of security exploits and attacks. For a closer look at Chrome, check out ourscreenshot tour
.[h=3]Opera
[/h]Full size

2009-03-21_133830.png

Windows/Mac/Linux: Opera is a rock-solidbrowser with roots stretching back to 1994. Many of the features baked right into Opera are either not implemented in other browsers, or require multiple extensions at the cost of system resources—navigation by mouse gestures is one of the flashier examples. Despite being feature-packed, Opera has a fairly small market share, due largely in part to being trialware up until 2000 and advertisement-supported until 2005—many people were turned off by the expense, if not the ads. Still, Opera proponents have long claimed that Opera beats Internet Explorer
and Firefox when it comes to speedy rendering. Another selling point for Opera is the quality of the built-in tools. For many users, the built-in RSS reader, email client, and BitTorrent client do their jobs admirably, cutting down on the number applications they need running at once. Opera is extensible, but the pool of available extensions is radically smaller than that available for Firefox. More screenshots and details on Opera's features are available here
.[h=3]Firefox
[/h]Full size

2009-03-21_133503.png

Windows/Mac/Linux: Firefox is the grandchild of the venerable Mosaic browserand free-roaming son of Netscape. Although Firefox has a myriad of user-friendly, forward-thinking features, a decently secure framework, and an open-source ideology, its most prominent is extensibility. When convincing a Firefox user to abandon Firefox for anything else, even temporarily, you won't have to fight them over giving up the AwesomeBar or about:config tweaks—you'll hear a common, understandable refrain: "What about my extensions?" The repository of extensions maintained by Mozilla currently has over 6,000 entries, covering everything from blocking advertisements, to managing your clipboard, to allowing you to further customize your browsing experience with scripts a la Greasemonkey (here's 10 of our must-have picks
). Combine the passion people have for extensions and the ability to sync those extensions across multiple computers and portable installations
, and you've got a force to be contended with. For a closer look at Firefox, make sure to check out our power user's guide to Firefox 3
and the top 10 Firefox 3 features
.[h=3]Internet Explorer
[/h]Full size

2009-03-21_175551.png

Windows only: Internet Explorer still commands a healthy chunk of the browsermarket, mostly because it ships with the most popular operating system on Earth and fits, if not exactly elegantly, into corporate computer plans. While many or most IE users stick with it for lack of wanting to try something else, Lifehacker readers definitely don't fall into that crowd—the majority of readers who voted in favor of Internet Explorer are sporting Internet Explorer 8. By contrast, nearly 20 percent of those surfing the web right now are using Internet Explorer 6, which had its initial release in 2001. Version 8 could mark a resurgence for the brand, though. It's the first version of Internet Explorer to have a strong focus on web standards compliance, as well as increasing rendering speed. And like Chrome, Internet Explorer 8 maintains a separate process for each tab to increase stability and security. Internet Explorer 8 has also beefed up its security measures from previous versions, including active filtering against malicious cross-site scripting and ActiveX isolation from the core of the browser. For more information about what's new in Internet Explorer 8 check out our screenshot tour and overview
.[h=3]Safari
[/h]Full size

2009-03-21_141949.png

Windows/Mac: Safari is Apple's contribution to the web browsing
world, built originally to fit snugly inside OS X. Like Chrome, Safari runs the speedy WebKit rendering engine for snappy page loads. In addition to its WebKit core, Safari also has the Nitro JavaScript engine, which lays claim to radically faster JavaScript execution than Internet Explorer and Firefox (in its own testing reports, anyways). Safari sports Apple's Cover Flow browserfor perusing your history and bookmarks and an eye-catching display of the top 24 sites you've visited as the default page when Safari is loaded. For more features, check out ourscreenshot tour
.You've seen the top contenders. Now it's time to log your vote for the best browser:

You can't believe you're the only one still using Lynx? You're not sure why everyone abandoned Gopher for this new-fangled world wide web? Sound off in the comments below.

nilikua natumia firefox 4 ila sasa nimedowload firefox 5, sasa google tool bar yangu ambayo huwa na sarve mambo meng imepotea baada ya ku upgrade hi 5.0, any help plz?
Hayo ndio matatizo ya mozillafirefox google toolbar for Firefox kwa sasa bado haija Updates subiri mpaka hao Google toolbar wai Updates iwe inafanana na hiyo firefox 5 mkuu tumia hichi kitu Safari web Browser au tumia google chrome achana na mozillafirefox imeshapitwa na wakati .

SCREENSHOT TOUR

A Hands On Look at Safari 4’s (Crashy) Eye Candy

Gina Trapani
—
safarib4-header.png
If Apple knows how to do anything, it's take tech you've already seen and make it flashier and more fun to use. The new Safari 4 public beta
is no exception.

Apple says Safari 4's 150 features

are "leading the way with innovation," but in reality they're all things we've used before in other browsers—with Cupertino's magic aesthetic touch thrown in. Let's take a look at Safari's headliner features, what other browsers already have them, and how Safari's offering differentiates itself. (To follow along, download the public Safari 4 beta for Mac or Windows
. Since most publications are testing the Mac version, I used the Windows version to do my review and take screenshots.)[h=3]Top Sites[/h]Fans of Opera's Speed Dial and Google Chrome will say that Safari 4's "Top Sites" page looks awfully familiar. Like Chrome, Top Sites shows a thumbnail grid of web sites you've visited based on frequency, which changes as your browser history does over time.

Safari's implementation of this been-there-done-that feature brings some flash and additional customization options to the table. First, when you click on a thumbnail, it zooms forward and fills the screen with a cool animated effect. Second, pages which have new content since the last time you visited them contain a blue star in the corner. (See the top right thumbnail in the screenshot above as an example. The concept is a neat, the implementation, for me, was a bit buggy.) Visuals aside, you can customize Top Sites in a few ways. To do so, click on the Edit button on the lower left hand side.

When you're in edit mode, use the X's to remove a site and the pins to fix a site to a permanent position. On the lower right hand side, use the Small, Medium, and Large buttons to set how many thumbnails you see at once (and their size).
safarib4-thumbdrag.png
You can also drag and drop thumbnails in the Top Sites view to appear where you want; watch all the others in the grid move aside to make room for the new positioning all smooth and musical-chair-like.

[h=3]Cover Flow View[/h]The one thing Safari 4 has that no other browser does (by default at least) is something Mac users are used to: Cover Flow view, which now displays web page previews instead of just album art (iTunes) or file previews (like in Finder). Go into bookmark view (hit the bookmarks button next to the Top Sites grid button on your toolbar) to flip through your history, bookmarks, or search results Cover Flow style. Still, Firefox users can get a very similar interface with the previously mentioned FoxTab extension

[h=3]Tabs on Top[/h]Another page stolen from Chrome's playbook is Safari's new tabs style, which puts tabs at the very top of the window. If you aren't used to Chrome, you'll probably find this change pretty disconcerting

at first, but the similarity between the two browsers is striking from tabs to toolbar.
safari4b-toolbarvschrome.png
With Chrome in the background and Safari up front on the left, check out how the buttons on the right side of the address bar look almost exactly the same. Safari changes things up slightly in two ways: the close tab button is on the left side of the tab, and that grippy handle on the right is a visual indicator that you can grab a tab and drag it to a new window, into another, or just into another position (also like Chrome).

Here's what dragging a tab out of a window in Safari looks like; this is the one visual effect where Chrome (which offers a larger page preview during the drag action) actually does a nicer job.[h=3]Get Mac Fonts on Windows with Safari 4 (SQUEEE!)[/h]Windows users who miss the Mac's gorgeous typography when they're surfing on the PC will want Safari 4, which now offers Mac fonts in its Windows version. As someone who just launched a site on which the fonts look like hell on Windows XP and beautiful on the Mac, this is the Safari feature that got me positively giggly. Sadly it's not turned on by default in the Safari 4 beta. But take a look at the difference—it's subtle, but powerful.
safari4b-fontsmoothing.png
The top version is Safari's default font rendering, which looks just like Firefox or Chrome (a bit pixelly around the edges). On the bottom I've turned on Safari's font smoothing and the results are like butter.

safarib4-fontoptions.png
To turn on font-smoothing, in Safari 4's preferences dialog (Ctrl+, to get there), go to the Appearance tab and choose the appropriate option from the drop-down, as shown.

[h=3]Safari 4 Is Not Ready for Everyday Usage[/h]All the good-lookin' features aside, in my one day of testing, Safari 4 reminded me several times that it's not kidding about that "beta" label. Safari 4 is still super-crashy, so while it's certainly worth a test drive, it's got a long way to go in the stability department.
safari4b-crashmsg2.png

[h=3]But Is It Faster?[/h]The big question about Safari 4 is whether or not it's truly leads the pack in terms of speed and performance with its new JavaScript engine Nitro and HTML rendering. I'm going to leave the definitive answer to that question to our resident speed-testing guru Kevin, who will regale you with charts and graphs later. One set of tests from the trusty Webware site

do indicate Safari 4 is fast, but not the fastest kid on the block. My subjective experience is that it does feel snappy, but not necessarily speedier than Chrome.[h=3]Tweaks and Keyboard Shortcuts to Know[/h]Finally, if you're diving into Safari 4, a couple of non-obvious things to know.
Keyboard shortcuts: In general Safari feels light on keyboard shortcuts, but there are a couple to try. First, hit the Alt key to toggle the menu bar. Second, use Firefox's Ctrl+Tab (Cmd+Tab for Mac users) to switch tabs. The Cover Flow view is pretty navigable using your keyboard, too—use Tab to move between elements and your arrow keys to move up and down your site list.
safarib4-customizetoolbar.png
Customize your toolbar: To get rid of that "Report bug" button or add the handy Zoom or AutoFill buttons, you can customize your Safari toolbar in the same fashion you do Firefox. From the settings menu (that "Cog" button on the right), choose "Customize toolbar." From there, drag and drop the buttons you want onto and off the toolbar.

All in all, it's nice to see Safari 4 raising the bar a mite higher in the visuals department and give Chrome a little competition in the light-mean-and-lean browser market. Have you given Safari 4 a test drive? Think it's all flash and no substance? Any happy (or sad) discoveries? Let us know what you think in the comments.
Gina Trapani
, Lifehacker's founding editor, likes a good-looking, promising beta. Her weekly feature, Smarterware
, appears every Wednesday on Lifehacker. Subscribe to theSmarterware tag feed
to get new installments in your newsreader.
A Hands On Look at Safari 4's (Crashy) Eye Candy

Raha tupu kwa Safari Achana na Mozilla Firefox inakula sana Ram Download hapa Safari bonyeza hapa Safari 5.0

Safari ipo slow sana!
Safari ipi ipo slow? umeshawahi kutumia Safari? Google chrome wakati mwengine unapotaka kutafuta kitu kwa kupitia Google Search engine inakuwa hai Respond web Browser inakukataa kukipata hicho kitu unachokitaka au inaweza kukatika internet Connection lakini safari haina mpango huo hata mara moja uliza kitu itakujibu ipo Safe Safari kwa kila kitu.

Maskini Opera! ndio hivyo tena kubali matokeo. webbrowserwars.jpg
Management To Blame

operaceo.jpg

Oh boy, here we go.
Opera founder, Jon S. von Tetzchner, has sent a message to Opera employees, announcing his departure from the company.
According to the email, the Board and Management no longer share the same values and opinions as Jon and therefore, he resigns.
Dear All,
It is with a heavy heart that I send this message. Next week will be my last at Opera. It has become clear that The Board, Management and I do not share the same values and we do not have the same opinions on how to keep evolving Opera. As a result I have come to an agreement with the Board to end my time at Opera. I feel the Board and Management is more quarterly focused than me. I have always worked to build the company for the future. I believe the foundation we have is very solid to build further upon.
I do believe strongly in Opera as a company, and in all of you working here. Our products actually make a difference for a lot of people in the world, and I wish you all the best of luck moving forward. I will be following the company closely and rooting for you all.
Yours truly,
Jon.
Although Jon has resigned from the CEO position back in 2010, he still worked as Opera's strategic advisor.
Whether it's for better or worse, remains to be seen.

Opera ana utamu wake!!!! wehe.....Halafu bado ni pekee inayoweza fungua WAP SITES aka .wml wengi wamebase kwenye .html na kuendelea...tena ana TURBO ni balaaaaa

Back
Top Bottom