Australian Prime Minister does it again!!

True and I was actually thinking the same thing. Most Aussies are not indigenous to that place. They (their ancestors, rather) too came from somewhere else. But I understand we live in a modern world and things are different as they were centuries ago. Otherwise it would be chaos if we all followed the argument you are alluding to (if it's the one I'm thinking it is).

You can read my mind I see.

You can read my mind I see.

Look, I sometimes argue with myself coz I can take a position and then disagree with myself. It's weird. So before you even wrote what you wrote I was already thinking about it...but I was like, I dig where the PM is coming from but does he really have room to talk? Maybe he does but certainly not his ancestors!

Look, I sometimes argue with myself coz I can take a position and then disagree with myself. It's weird. So before you even wrote what you wrote I was already thinking about it...but I was like, I dig where the PM is coming from but does he really have room to talk? Maybe he does but certainly not his ancestors!

I gues this is one of the reason the more politically correct Americans - discounting the fringe lconservatives- always emphasize their supposed "melting pot" nature than such blatant denunciation of immigration. But again the entire picture in the US is so different, from it's multiplicitous population to it's divergent immigrant communities. The Hispanics are talking about claiming back some parts of the south-western US though, by populating it and not learning English, risking their own economic prosperity in the process.

The backlash from US politicians is decidedly subdued, no one -Rush and Lou Dobbs do not count- can say something as boldly as the Aussie PM.

Bravo Australian Prime Minister.

If you want to migrate to a foreign country you have to adapt to live like them.
Why do these people want to impose their way of life to others, who told them that the rest of civilised humanity is interested to live like them? Ebooo!!!!

Hizi ndizo zinazoitwa Values katika nchi za dunia ya kwanza za kuangalia pembeni wakati mapadri wanafanya ufirauni wao. Dini pia inaingia kwenye values za nchi ya dunia ya kwanza na hatuwezi kamwe kujadili "Values" bila kuingiza dini.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Church-run schools in Ireland condoned decades of abuse: report

9-year process unlikely to lead to criminal charges

A nine-year investigation into Ireland's Roman Catholic-run institutions has ended with a report saying priests and nuns terrorized thousands of children in workhouse-style schools for decades - and government inspectors failed to stop the abuse.
High Court Justice Sean Ryan on Wednesday unveiled the 2,600-page final report of Ireland's Commission to Inquire Into Child Abuse, which is based on testimony from thousands of former students as well as retired officials from more than 250 church-run institutions.
The report is a chronicle of beatings, rapes and humiliation.
More than 30,000 children deemed to be petty thieves, truants or from dysfunctional families - a category that often included unmarried mothers - were sent to Ireland's austere network of industrial schools, reformatories, orphanages and hostels from the 1930s until the last church-run facilities shut in the 1990s.
The report found that molestation and rape were "endemic" in boys' facilities, chiefly run by the Christian Brothers order.
Girls supervised by orders of nuns, chiefly the Sisters of Mercy, suffered much less sexual abuse but experienced frequent assaults and humiliation designed to make them feel worthless.
"In some schools a high level of ritualized beating was routine …Girls were struck with implements designed to maximize pain and were struck on all parts of the body," the report said. "Personal and family denigration was widespread."
'Children lived with the daily terror of not knowing where the next beating was coming from.'-Final report of commission
"A climate of fear, created by pervasive, excessive and arbitrary punishment, permeated most of the institutions and all those run for boys. Children lived with the daily terror of not knowing where the next beating was coming from," the report concluded.
The Irish report is the latest chapter in a growing list of church-related abuse scandals across the globe, including US, UK, France, Australia and Canada.
In 2003, 81 victims of abuse at the former Mount Cashel Orphanage in Newfoundland were awarded nearly $16 million in compensation for the physical and sexual abuse they were subjected to by the Christian Brothers order that administered the facility.
The orphanage opened in 1875 to care for orphaned and needy boys. It closed in 1990 after charges were brought against brothers for sexually abusing or beating boys who lived in the orphanage in the 1960s and 1970s.
Subsequent police investigations were opened into claims of abuse dating as far back as the 1940s. The case ultimately expanded to include more than 450 victims of alleged sexual abuse over a period of nearly 50 years.
And In 2007, Canada's federal government formalized a $1.9-billion compensation package for more than 150,000 aboriginal, Inuit and Métis children were removed from their communities and forced to attend residential schools.
In the 19th and 20th century, the Anglican, Catholic, United and Presbyterian churches ran the country's residential schools, which aimed to remove aboriginal children from their homes and aggressively assimilating them into Canadian society.
In 1990, Phil Fontaine, then leader of the Association of Manitoba Chiefs and current Assembly of First Nations national chief, called for the churches involved to acknowledge the physical, emotional and sexual abuse endured by students at the schools.
On April 29, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI expressed his "sorrow" to a delegation from Canada's Assembly of First Nations for the abuse and "deplorable" treatment that aboriginal students suffered at Roman Catholic Church-run residential schools.
Other churches implicated in the abuse apologized throughout the 1990s.
21 recommendations, but no charges

The Irish report proposed 21 ways the government could recognize past wrongs, including building a permanent memorial, providing counselling and education to victims, and improving Ireland's current child protection services.
But its findings will not be used for criminal prosecutions - in part because the Christian Brothers successfully sued the commission in 2004 to keep the identities of all of its members, dead or alive, unnamed in the report. No real names, whether of victims or perpetrators, appear in the final document.
Irish church leaders and religious orders all declined to comment Wednesday, citing the need to read the massive document first. The Vatican also declined to comment.
The Irish government already has funded a parallel compensation system that has paid 12,000 abuse victims an average of 65,000 euros (just over $100,000 Cdn). About 2,000 claims remain outstanding.
Victims receive payouts only if they waive their rights to sue the state or church. That's in sharp contrast with settlements in cases elsewhere. The $1.9-billion settlement Ottawa agreed to in the residential schools case, for example, does not preclude recipients from pursuing a further claim for sexual or serious physical abuse against individuals or institutions.
In Ireland, hundreds have rejected that condition and taken their abusers and those church employers to court.
Nowhere to turn for help

Wednesday's report said children had no safe way to tell authorities about the assaults they were suffering, particularly the sexual aggression from church officials and older inmates in boys' institutions.
The report said Education Department inspectors visited infrequently, warned church authorities in advance they were coming and typically did not speak to any child residents.
"The management did not listen to or believe children when they complained," the commission found. "At best, the abusers were moved, but nothing was done about the harm done to the child. At worst, the child was blamed and seen as corrupted by the sexual activity, and was punished severely."
With files from The Associated Press

Bubu,

You are missing the picture. Hayo mambo yako universal.

Halafu,

Hata kama wanakula watu, ndiyo mambo ya kwao, sasa kama wabaya kwa nini mnataka kwenda kwao?

Dini pia ni moja ya mambo yaliyomo katika values za nchi yeyote na kamwe huwezi kujadili values za nchi husika bila kuingiza dini.

bravo Pm wa Australia if u want to live under islamic sharia's why don't u go to Islamic countries jamani..... namsuport Mr.Pm kabisa, kuna mtu aliwapeleka kwa nguvu huko? si walienda omba visa wao kwa heshima zote...kama unaboreka leave the place....simple like that....
..LOVE OR HATE IT....

Hebu muone huyu. Kuna values gani huko alikotoka?

21-01.jpg

Bubu,

You are missing the picture. Hayo mambo yako universal.

Halafu,

Hata kama wanakula watu, ndiyo mambo ya kwao, sasa kama wabaya kwa nini mnataka kwenda kwao?

Nakubaliana kabisa na wewe BR, lakini wakati huo huo kuna unafiki wa hali ya juu katika kutaka kukashifu tamaduni za wenzao kwamba ni za kishenzi lakini wao uchafu wao wanaangalia pembeni pamoja na kwamba wana sheria za kuweza kuwachukulia hatua wakosaji. "Rule of law" ni moja ya values katika hizi nchi za wenzetu kama haifuatwi kama ilivyokusudiwa basi kuna walakini mkubwa sana. Kama mtu wa kawaida ambaye amemlawiti mtoto anafungwa kwa miaka chungu nzima na kuwekwa kwenye list ya sex offenders inakuwaje sheria za nchi hazifuatwi ikiwa wakosaji ni mapadri!? Au rule of law haiko applicable kwao!?

Dini pia ni moja ya mambo yaliyomo katika values za nchi yeyote na kamwe huwezi kujadili values za nchi husika bila kuingiza dini.

Sasa hoja yako ni nini? Kwa sababu kama wahamiaji wanaenda huko down under wanaenda kwa hiari yao wenyewe. Huko wanakotoka ni wazi kuna kitu kinachowasukuma kuondoka (push factor) na huko wanakoenda ni wazi kuna kitu kinachowavuta/ vutia kwenda (pull factor). Sasa hakuna jamii isiyo mapungufu. Sasa sielewi kabisa hoja yako ni nini zaidi ya kuwa anti-western kwa sababu uzijuazo mwenyewe!

Nakubaliana kabisa na wewe BR, lakini wakati huo huo kuna unafiki wa hali ya juu katika kutaka kukashifu tamaduni za wenzao kwamba ni za kishenzi lakini wao uchafu wao wanaangalia pembeni pamoja na kwamba wana sheria za kuweza kuwachukulia hatua wakosaji. "Rule of law" ni moja ya values katika hizi nchi za wenzetu kama haifuatwi kama ilivyokusudiwa basi kuna walakini mkubwa sana. Kama mtu wa kawaida ambaye amemlawiti mtoto anafungwa kwa miaka chungu nzima na kuwekwa kwenye list ya sex offenders inakuwaje sheria za nchi hazifuatwi ikiwa wakosaji ni mapadri!? Au rule of law haiko applicable kwao!?

Katika alichosema PM sijaona kashfa yoyote ile kwa tamaduni za wengine. Alichosema yeye ni kwamba watu wanaotaka kuhamia kwenye taifa lake inabidi wa-assimilate na tamaduni za taifa hilo. Kashfa iko wapi hapo Bubu?

Ha ha ha ha eti anti western! :) Tukikosoa Africa na kuwaita Waafrika ndivyo walivyo ni sawa kabisa au nchi nyingine zozote zile lakini tukikosoa undumila kuwili wa western countries basi inakuwa ni anti western....LOL!

Have a great day :)

Ha ha ha ha eti anti western! :) Tukikosoa Africa na kuwaita Waafrika ndivyo walivyo ni sawa kabisa au nchi nyingine zozote zile lakini tukikosoa undumila kuwili wa western countries basi inakuwa ni anti western....LOL!

Have a great day :)

Waafrika ndivyo tulivyo ni dhana tofauti kabisa inayolenga katika kurekebisha practises ambazo zinarudisha nyuma maendeleo ya Waafrika kiujumla. Ukiitafakari kwa undani utaelewa kuwa lengo lake lina mwelekeo mwema kabisa. Inafikia wakati inabidi mtu atumie mbinu zilizo unconventional katika jitihada za kuleta mageuzi na mabadiliko ya kweli. Kwa hili nadhani the whole concept is above your head.

Tukirudi kwa PM, sioni uhusiano wowote wa alichokisema na unachokisema. Undumilakuwili uko kila sehemu. Mapungufu yako kila sehemu. Hata huko unakotoka wewe undumilakuwili upo. Unyanyasaji wa watoto upo. Kila mabaya yaliyopo kwenye nchi za magharibi / zilizoendelea pia yanapatikana sehemu zingine.

Kama mnasema nchi za West hazina values kwa nini uzifuate? Why in the world would you go to a place where you think there are no values? What does that say about your own values? That you are ready to give up on what you believe just for the chance to live in another country? Mr. Prime Minister is right. He called it as it is.

ukiona mtu kaongea hivi ujue aa hasira sana
waondoke kama hawataki kufata sheria za nchi
Saudia huwezi kujenga kanisa, Somalia pia, Pakistan wanachoma moto makanisa Khartom Sudan mambo yale yale , Zenji mambo yale yale hakuna mbunge hata mmoja kwenye baraza la wawakilishi mkristu sasa huyu kaongea watu wanamuona mmbaya acheni nae huyu waziri aongelee kuhusu nchi yake.

Mimi najua jibu la hili swali tunalouliza ambalo hawa waislam hawataki kutujibu.

Ukiuliza "Kama mnaona nchi za west hazina value kwa nini mnakwenda"

Waislam na watetezi wao hapa hawawezi kujibu, lakini ukweli ni kwamba uislamu ni dini ya conquest na kutafuta waumini hata kwa vita na ncha ya upanga.

Haya tunayoyaona ni jitihada tu za kufanya dunia nzima iwe ya kiislamu, kuwavamia watu makwao, kuwabadilisha maisha yao, kubadilisha values zao.

Modern day crusade. Nothing less.

Yes I said it.

Catholic Church Rules Alan Placa Not Guilty; Rudy Giuliani Defended, Employed Friend Accused of Molesting Boys
By AVNI PATEL
Dec. 7, 2009 —

Catholic sex-abuse victims' groups are decrying a Vatican decision to clear a former high-ranking Long Island priest, and longtime friend of former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, of sex-abuse allegations.

The Diocese of Rockville Centre announced on Friday that the Catholic Church had found Monsignor Alan Placa not guilty of molesting teenage boys, an allegation that first surfaced in a local grand jury investigation in 2002. The grand jury report concluded that Placa could not be prosecuted criminally because the statute of limitations had expired.

Victims' rights groups harshly criticized the Catholic Church's decision and the process of trying the accused priest.

"While not surprising, it's still heart-breaking to see that a victim deemed credible by virtually everyone else -- prosecutors, grand jurors, journalists, survivors, relatives and lay Catholics -- is deemed not credible by a couple of Vatican bureaucrats thousands of miles away," said David Clohessy, the national director of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.

Anne Barrett Doyle of BishopAccountablity.org, a group that tracks sex abuse allegations against Catholic priests, called the decision a "slap in the face to survivors and all Catholics who want to believe the Church can change its ways."

Placa was placed under investigation by the Church after he was identified as "Priest F" in a grand jury investigation in New York's Suffolk County. The grand jury heard testimony from three alleged victims, two students and an altar boy, who said that a "Priest F" had molested them in the 1970s.

Richard Tollner, the only accuser to come forward publicly, told ABC News in a 2007 interview that Placa was Priest F, and that Placa had repeatedly molested him in 1975 when he was a teenage student at an all-boys Catholic high school in Uniondale, N.Y.

Alan Placa's Past Reveals Abuse Allegations
Placa later served as a lawyer for the diocese in dealing with allegations of abuse against other priests. According to the grand jury report, Priest F became instrumental in a church policy that used "deception and intimidation" to keep the church scandal quiet. Priest F claimed he had saved the church hundreds of thousands of dollars in his handling of possible litigation.

When the allegations first surfaced, Placa was serving as the Vice Chancellor of the diocese. After Placa was placed under investigation, and told by the Church to stop performing his priestly duties, Giuliani hired him to work at his consulting firm, Giuliani Partners. Placa accompanied Giuliani and his wife Judith on a trip to Rome in January of 2007, around the time a canonical panel was trying him in Albany.

On Sunday, Tollner told ABC News.com that he stood by his testimony and was "astonished" by the Catholic Church's decision to absolve Placa.

"What upsets me most is that it sends a message that it is okay to be a sex abuser," said Tollner. "The Church will just ignore it, sweep it under the rug, and nobody is going to care."

Tollner says he was kept in the dark about the testimony presented at the proceedings and unsuccessfully sought information on its outcome for the past two and a half years. He did not learn about the "not guilty" ruling until a reporter called him about it on Friday.

"We do not know what the basis is for this decision" said Doyle of the Church process. "It's very secretive, that's why we can't put any stock in it."

Tollner told Good Morning America in 2007 that the sexual abuse started when he and Placa were making posters for a Right to Life march.

"As he started to explain how these posters should be done, I realized that something was rubbing my body," Tollner said. "After a minute or two, I realized that he's feeling me, feeling me in my genital area."

The grand jury report concluded that Priest F abused the boys sexually "again and again and again."

"Priest F was cautious, but relentless in his pursuit of victims. He fondled boys over their clothes, usually in his office," the report said.

Giuliani Defended, Employed Priest
Several former students from the same high school say they were asked by the "Giuliani organization" to contact ABC News and vouch for Placa.

"There was absolutely not a hint of rumor of a speculation or a whisper, in four years, or in decades after of any sexual predatoriness on the part of Rev. Placa," wrote Matthew Hogan in an e-mail to ABCNews.com.

Placa did not respond to a request for comment left at his office at Giuliani Partners, and a spokesperson for Giuliani did not respond to a request for comment. A spokesperson for the Diocese of Rockville Centre did not respond to a request for comment by press time. According to the Diocese's official announcement of Placa's not guilty ruling, "Msgr. Placa will not be given a diocesan assignment. Msgr. Placa will reside at St. Aloysius parish, Great Neck. Msgr. Placa's status is that of a retired priest in good standing."

In 2007, Giuliani said during a Wisconsin campaign appearance that he stood by Placa despite the accusations. "I know the man; I know who he is, so I support him," Giuliani said.

"We give some of the worst people in our society the presumption of innocence and benefit of the doubt," said Giuliani. "And, of course, I'm going to give that to one of my closest friends."

Placa has been friends with Giuliani since they both attended Bishop Loughlin High School in Brooklyn. They were in an opera club together and would sometimes double date. Giuliani and Placa later attended Manhattan College together, where they were also fraternity brothers.

Placa was ordained as a Catholic priest in May 1970. He was the best man at Giuliani's first marriage in 1968, then helped Giuliani get an annulment in 1982 so he could marry second wife Donna Hanover. Placa officiated at Hanover and Giuliani's 1984 wedding. He officiated at the funerals of Giuliani's father and mother and baptized both of Giuliani's children.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=9268719

Back
Top Bottom