Apple big news!

Koba

JF-Expert Member
Jul 3, 2007
Mzee mzima Steve job wa apple anaongea kesho 10am PTwednesday-US)....seems anakuja na kitu cha uhakika na hakuna mwenye uhakika lakini media ya hapa states sasa wako all over hii kitu.

That tablet is a useless gadget, nothing new, no innovation at all, just a money grabber. Take it from a gadget lover who snatched em all.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/26/AR2010012603202.html

McGraw-Hill CEO Confirms What Everybody Knows: The Apple Tablet Is Coming Tomorrow

Greg Kumparak
TechCrunch.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

McGraw-Hill. Ever heard of them? If you've picked up any textbook written in the last hundred years or so, chances are they published it. Well, its CEO just spilled the beans on Apple's not-so-secret surprise on live TV.Going beyond confirming that it's the much-fabled Tablet, Terry McGraw confirms that they have worked with Apple for quite a while on this so unless this guy has gone on a crazy binge, it's pretty likely he knows what hes talking about. He goes on to matter-of-factly state that the tablet will be based on the 'iPhone operating system'. The words, straight out of McGraw's mouth

Mzee mzima Steve job wa apple anaongea kesho 10am PTwednesday-US)....seems anakuja na kitu cha uhakika na hakuna mwenye uhakika lakini media ya hapa states sasa wako all over hii kitu.

Hivi nyie (baadhi) mlioko USA, huwa hamfahamu kuwa US ni kubwa? Unapotoa time bila kuweka ni time ya states zipi, unategemea watu watakuelewa? Ndiyo maana wengine huwa wanaweka kwa saa za Tanzania, Centre Europe au GMT. Walau uweke kuwa ni time za New York au Oregon au LA.

Ngoja tusubiri changa la macho jingije huyu Myahudi atupe kitu kipya (ahh, si Uyahudi unatoka kwa mama? Ndiyo maana Hitler alikuwa Myahudi).

Hivi nyie (baadhi) mlioko USA, huwa hamfahamu kuwa US ni kubwa? Unapotoa time bila kuweka ni time ya states zipi, unategemea watu watakuelewa? Ndiyo maana wengine huwa wanaweka kwa saa za Tanzania, Centre Europe au GMT. Walau uweke kuwa ni time za New York au Oregon au LA.

Ngoja tusubiri changa la macho jingije huyu Myahudi atupe kitu kipya (ahh, si Uyahudi unatoka kwa mama? Ndiyo maana Hitler alikuwa Myahudi).

...nimekuandikia 10am PT,PT or pacific time ni time inayotumika west coast sehemu kama california ni one of the time zones kama ET,CT,GMT etc na inakubalika,sasa shida iko wapi?ulitaka nikupe time ya Dar wakati mimi naishi california...jielimishe kabla ya kuleta ukilaza wako humu.

Worst product ever! NO MULTITASKING, NO FLASH SUPPORT, no USB port, no memory card slot. But its an Apple, Im sure there are ****** lining up to buy this piece of crap.

Worst product ever! NO MULTITASKING, NO FLASH SUPPORT, no USB port, no memory card slot. But its an Apple, Im sure there are ****** lining up to buy this piece of crap.

You talk like a customer who have used the product in the first place!!too bad you haven't.
why would anyone need a USB port while the thing is tied in Apple closed circle?people will be syncing this with itunes not windows media player.lack of USB in no way decrease the usability of this device it just defines Apple as a company.

Flash primary use was to display content,then some smart developer discovered that ou could embed video in it!there are millions of alternatives to flash(cant deny it's usability though).

BUT if you have ever worked with optimization of pages you would agree that FLASH content is one f the heaviest most troublesome content to handle,it just doesn't translate in portable devices.

Putting Flash in this thing would lead to an ultra slow device.this would be a kill switch for it's demographic which is certainly going to be people who do not need a laptop,netbook,e-book in one bag,but would prefer to carry one device that do the light functions of the above devices.this is a type of a person who will definitely not need flash(except for a few website he will have to live with).

the fact that Youtube,one thing that single handedly made flash a mainstream plugin is supported through a special application makes the iPad even more of an attractive choice for video mongers.

It has 64GB memory and it's a portable device,250GB hard drive would have been a very bad choice for a first time device(a.k.a prototype),since we are talking about a squeezing a lot of hard disk space into a 1GHz processor,not good.hard disk size and proccessor speed is a very important factor in getting perfomance out a portable device,jobs and team know this very well(a reason they waited until they had a new faster proccesor to release a 32GB iphone).

the perfomance issue is the reason Jobs cancelled multitasking in a certainly capable of multitasking proccessor,he want's people to be wowed by the fluidity and easy usability of the device before he starts to answer to critics through simple software upgrades,the fact that this came with a minor software iteration SDK 3.2.says that the best of this tablet will be found in the SDK 4.0 update likely to be released in june together with the 4th generation of the iPhone.

Again performance optimization is the reason the tablet with the 3G chip comes almost a month late after the WIFI only version hit the market.why?because they want people to experience the device first before they bring the "prone to problems" version.

If you have ever worked with any simple engineering design you would be aware with a very simple principle known as Point of failures reduction.if you are designing a product you might as well try to make it stable.and that is what apple is doing,that is exactly what they are the best in design,they keep it simple and clean.

Your last sentence makes a lot of sense though..,it's apple!!people will buy this thing,in millions of units,not because it has the best feature set,no!it's because it is apple.

BUT what is apple?apple is an ultra ego super liberal company that has made it's name redefining cool.everyman and his dog want's to be cool.it is in every one's ultra ego to have the next cool thing in the block.mind you this is what people call mindshare.it's bigger and more effective than any form of marketing.with such mindshare apple is able to translate it's ideas to millions of willing customers just because they are willing to buy.who thought an iPhone could be a game changer?i remember Balmer(microsoft CEO) calling it a toy with no real threat to Microsoft market or plans,next year MICROSOFT will be releasing it's own windows phone,which will most certainly follow iPhone industrial design.

lastly, i would like to say,the iPad might not be the best feature wise product to hit the market this year,BUT it sure is the best presentation of simplicity and design.

as any geek i would like to see apple stretching and making an all time feature centric device,BUT again i come to realize that would be an HTC device not apple.then i remember who has a $50Billion revenue?it's apple...,they must be doing something right.

In the Innovations side,i can only say it is an innovative product,just wait until you can be able to see what people will be able to do with the SDK 4.0 in this thing you would be amazed.

Ground breaking innovative?no!that was the iPhone 1.0,a step in the right direction hell yes!

BUT this is a pure Business decision Product,it is the one product that will sweep waves across the consumer product.3 years later come back and read this post you will agree with this post,

3 years later you will have a dream iPad,you will have technology Giants like Nokia,Microsoft,Google playing catchup(i really wish they do not waste time as they did during iPhone era-for i truly believe competition will benefit consumers).
3 years later 10-30 million units of these iPads would be sold all over the world and apple will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Location,Location,Location people in real estate usually say that..,in consumer electronics it is

DEMOGRAPHICS,DEMOGRAPHICS,DEMOGRAPHICS!!

the irony is that by demographics apple are targeting the undecided consumer here and not guys who knows exactly what they want,and mind you undecided demographic is increasingly large in the market flooded with junk products that try so hard and fail so hard.

if you are an editor and you get paid to read content,stick with the kindle,nook or whatever in Pete's sake that ebook name is.

if you are a serious graphics designer stick with the Mackbook Pro,or iMac,if you are an engineer,a modern business man requiring power on the go,then a Thinkpad,a blackberry and windows mobile phones are about you only good choices,BUT what about the rest of them?people who do not fall into those demographics?there are millions of people not lucky enough to be designers,engineers,sales executives,marketing honchos etc.these people need something that can do just the jobs, in simple way.surfing the net,watch movies,play music,facebooking,tweetering,you name it..,

You talk like a customer who have used the product in the first place!!too bad you haven't.
why would anyone need a USB port while the thing is tied in Apple closed circle?people will be syncing this with itunes not windows media player.lack of USB in no way decrease the usability of this device it just defines Apple as a company.

Flash primary use was to display content,then some smart developer discovered that ou could embed video in it!there are millions of alternatives to flash(cant deny it's usability though).

BUT if you have ever worked with optimization of pages you would agree that FLASH content is one f the heaviest most troublesome content to handle,it just doesn't translate in portable devices.

Putting Flash in this thing would lead to an ultra slow device.this would be a kill switch for it's demographic which is certainly going to be people who do not need a laptop,netbook,e-book in one bag,but would prefer to carry one device that do the light functions of the above devices.this is a type of a person who will definitely not need flash(except for a few website he will have to live with).

the fact that Youtube,one thing that single handedly made flash a mainstream plugin is supported through a special application makes the iPad even more of an attractive choice for video mongers.

It has 64GB memory and it's a portable device,250GB hard drive would have been a very bad choice for a first time device(a.k.a prototype),since we are talking about a squeezing a lot of hard disk space into a 1GHz processor,not good.hard disk size and proccessor speed is a very important factor in getting perfomance out a portable device,jobs and team know this very well(a reason they waited until they had a new faster proccesor to release a 32GB iphone).

the perfomance issue is the reason Jobs cancelled multitasking in a certainly capable of multitasking proccessor,he want's people to be wowed by the fluidity and easy usability of the device before he starts to answer to critics through simple software upgrades,the fact that this came with a minor software iteration SDK 3.2.says that the best of this tablet will be found in the SDK 4.0 update likely to be released in june together with the 4th generation of the iPhone.

Again performance optimization is the reason the tablet with the 3G chip comes almost a month late after the WIFI only version hit the market.why?because they want people to experience the device first before they bring the "prone to problems" version.

If you have ever worked with any simple engineering design you would be aware with a very simple principle known as Point of failures reduction.if you are designing a product you might as well try to make it stable.and that is what apple is doing,that is exactly what they are the best in design,they keep it simple and clean.

Your last sentence makes a lot of sense though..,it's apple!!people will buy this thing,in millions of units,not because it has the best feature set,no!it's because it is apple.

BUT what is apple?apple is an ultra ego super liberal company that has made it's name redefining cool.everyman and his dog want's to be cool.it is in every one's ultra ego to have the next cool thing in the block.mind you this is what people call mindshare.it's bigger and more effective than any form of marketing.with such mindshare apple is able to translate it's ideas to millions of willing customers just because they are willing to buy.who thought an iPhone could be a game changer?i remember Balmer(microsoft CEO) calling it a toy with no real threat to Microsoft market or plans,next year MICROSOFT will be releasing it's own windows phone,which will most certainly follow iPhone industrial design.

lastly, i would like to say,the iPad might not be the best feature wise product to hit the market this year,BUT it sure is the best presentation of simplicity and design.

as any geek i would like to see apple stretching and making an all time feature centric device,BUT again i come to realize that would be an HTC device not apple.then i remember who has a $50Billion revenue?it's apple...,they must be doing something right.

In the Innovations side,i can only say it is an innovative product,just wait until you can be able to see what people will be able to do with the SDK 4.0 in this thing you would be amazed.

Ground breaking innovative?no!that was the iPhone 1.0,a step in the right direction hell yes!

BUT this is a pure Business decision Product,it is the one product that will sweep waves across the consumer product.3 years later come back and read this post you will agree with this post,

3 years later you will have a dream iPad,you will have technology Giants like Nokia,Microsoft,Google playing catchup(i really wish they do not waste time as they did during iPhone era-for i truly believe competition will benefit consumers).
3 years later 10-30 million units of these iPads would be sold all over the world and apple will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Location,Location,Location people in real estate usually say that..,in consumer electronics it is

the irony is that by demographics apple are targeting the undecided consumer here and not guys who knows exactly what they want,and mind you undecided demographic is increasingly large in the market flooded with junk products that try so hard and fail so hard.

if you are an editor and you get paid to read content,stick with the kindle,nook or whatever in Pete's sake that ebook name is.

if you are a serious graphics designer stick with the Mackbook Pro,or iMac,if you are an engineer,a modern business man requiring power on the go,then a Thinkpad,a blackberry and windows mobile phones are about you only good choices,BUT what about the rest of them?people who do not fall into those demographics?there are millions of people not lucky enough to be designers,engineers,sales executives,marketing honchos etc.these people need something that can do just the jobs, in simple way.surfing the net,watch movies,play music,facebooking,tweetering,you name it..,

you are spsd 2b one gd marketer!! ill buy one (with 3g ofcz!)

...nimekuandikia 10am PT,PT or pacific time ni time inayotumika west coast sehemu kama california ni one of the time zones kama ET,CT,GMT etc na inakubalika,sasa shida iko wapi?ulitaka nikupe time ya Dar wakati mimi naishi california...jielimishe kabla ya kuleta ukilaza wako humu.

Nilisoma harakaharaka bila kuiona PT, unafahamu tena mtu husomi kila kitu.

Sasa ukilaza hapa unatoka wapi? Wanasema siku zote hamna Swali la kijinga ila lipo JIBU la kijinga. Ilitosha tu kuandika kuwa uliandika tayari PT na ingelitosha. Sasa kuanza kulalama na wapi unaishi hiyo inakuhusu wewe na mie hainisaidii kitu na wala sitaki kufahamu unaishi wapi.

Umefahamu vipi kuwa mie ni kilaza? Ngoja nikuwindie Dada yako ndiyo ufahamu ukilaza wangu...................

Ahhh, nilikuwa naandika kwa kutania tu, munkari wa nini? Nilitegemea kama unaishi USA basi ni mtu unayeweza kufahamu jamaa anaandika akiwa na elements za utani hivi. Ujifunze kusoma kati ya mistari. Koba weee!!!!!

Oh so you have used it then?? So let me get this straight, if I have a camera and I want to transfer pictures to this thing what do I do? I have to connect the camera to my Mac and then Sync to this thing? Fail!

If I want to connect a keyboard, a USB stick etc what do I do?

Try turning off flash and surfing the web for a few days, its nearly impossible. Flash is the current web video and animation standard, whatever alternatives there are they are not widely deployed, hence Apple have released a useless device.

So what happens when i want to go to DailyMotion or Hulu.com? I have to get an app for every website now. Sounds very restrictive to me, and against the spirit of the internet.

Plus now flash powered websites like Grooveshark are totally broken, not good.

This is not a prototype, it is the final product, 16GB for a Multimedia device is simply a shame, and no SD card slot? Why?

So they rushed a product to market which wasn't ready then, not good. Who uses a computer without Multitasking? So if I want to check my email I have to close my browser first, open my email, then close my email and open my browser. This is a joke.

Simplicity because it cant do anything is false simplicity.

What have they innovated exactly? They have made a product which doesnt do anything particularly well. There is nothing new its the same old Windows tablets with restrictive Apple design because they want you to buy more of their crap. Any well informed consumer would not buy this thing, but alas people want a shiny status symbol rather than an actual useful device, good for them.

How exactly do you watch movies on this thing? Do you hold it in your hands for 3 hours?

How to do you type on this thing? Do you balance it in your lap while typing with both hands? Do you hold it with one hand and type with the other? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Please explain how exactly it is better then a Netbook? A netbook has more power, more storage space, CAN play flash, CAN multitask, not only has USB ports but also has HDMI so you can pump out HD Video to your TV. Has Wifi, has Bluetooth, Oh has a keyboard. How is the iPad better than that? At least the Kindle has an eInk screen so it reads like a book.

I cant be fooled by fancy marketing, this device is absolutely useless.

And come on iPad? That's the best the Geniuses of marketing at Apple could come up with? It sounds like a feminine hygiene product!

They completely dropped the ball on this, and now its Microsoft's and Google's chance to come out with a much better device, which wont be hard, they just need to add a USB port.

Nilisoma harakaharaka bila kuiona PT, unafahamu tena mtu husomi kila kitu.

Sasa ukilaza hapa unatoka wapi? Wanasema siku zote hamna Swali la kijinga ila lipo JIBU la kijinga. Ilitosha tu kuandika kuwa uliandika tayari PT na ingelitosha. Sasa kuanza kulalama na wapi unaishi hiyo inakuhusu wewe na mie hainisaidii kitu na wala sitaki kufahamu unaishi wapi.

Umefahamu vipi kuwa mie ni kilaza? Ngoja nikuwindie Dada yako ndiyo ufahamu ukilaza wangu...................

Ahhh, nilikuwa naandika kwa kutania tu, munkari wa nini? Nilitegemea kama unaishi USA basi ni mtu unayeweza kufahamu jamaa anaandika akiwa na elements za utani hivi. Ujifunze kusoma kati ya mistari. Koba weee!!!!!

...busted then unajifanya was just a joke,anyway yamekwisha sasa tuendelee na IPAD talk!

...busted then unajifanya was just a joke,anyway yamekwisha sasa tuendelee na IPAD talk!

Ha haaa haaaaaaaaa..................... nilijuwa tu utatokea huko.

By the way, hiki kiPAD kinaizidi nini Netbook ambayo hata unapoibeba inafunga screen na keyboard? Hawajanifurahisha sana ingawa wanasema siku zote shatani yuko kwenye details.

Hawa Apple wana mpango gani wa kuanza kwenda 3D?

Nilifikiri huyu Mwaarabu (steven Job) atatushangaza tena kwa kuja na screen ya kiajabu ajabu. Ngoja tuendelee kusubiri..........

I am afraid I have to concurr.

...kang acha kutumia talking points za ant Apple,tumeziona sana all over the net,kubali tuu Apple wako kwenye league ya peke yao kuanzia Mac,Iphone,Ipod etc hakuna comparison hapo sijui kama una experience na product zao nina uhakika ukitumia computer zao hutatoka tena,na kumbuka hii itakuwa first generation Ipad kwa hiyo upgrade na improvements zitafuata tuu,na nani anahitaji flash or USB nilichoona kina miss labda ni multitasking lakini sio big deal maana still naweza kutumia itune na mengine yanaendelea

...kang acha kutumia talking points za ant Apple,tumeziona sana all over the net,kubali tuu Apple wako kwenye league ya peke yao kuanzia Mac,Iphone,Ipod etc hakuna comparison hapo sijui kama una experience na product zao nina uhakika ukitumia computer zao hutatoka tena,na kumbuka hii itakuwa first generation Ipad kwa hiyo upgrade na improvements zitafuata tuu,na nani anahitaji flash or USB nilichoona kina miss labda ni multitasking lakini sio big deal maana still naweza kutumia itune na mengine yanaendelea

No USB?

Hivi watu hawaoni kwamba wanakuwa locked up kununua vitu vya Apple tu? Na pengine popote wanapotaka Apple?

I am afraid USB is a dealkiller, no flash is a deal killer, no card is a deal killer.

And there is nothing this no good pad can do that my existing Kindle/Netbook combo cannot do anyway.

At a far cheaper price, more efficiently.

Ha haaa haaaaaaaaa..................... nilijuwa tu utatokea huko.

By the way, hiki kiPAD kinaizidi nini Netbook ambayo hata unapoibeba inafunga screen na keyboard? Hawajanifurahisha sana ingawa wanasema siku zote shatani yuko kwenye details.

Hawa Apple wana mpango gani wa kuanza kwenda 3D?

Nilifikiri huyu Mwaarabu (steven Job) atatushangaza tena kwa kuja na screen ya kiajabu ajabu. Ngoja tuendelee kusubiri..........

....netbook?ha ahaha ahaha naona unafanya comparison ya RangeRover na KIA ....go back to windows mambo ya mac tuachie sisi who know how to appreciate fine things in life!

....netbook?ha ahaha ahaha naona unafanya comparison ya RangeRover na KIA ....go back to windows mambo ya mac tuachie sisi who know how to appreciate fine things in life!

Usivyojua mambo ushaona netbook = windows, pole sana, jielimishe kabla ya kubwabwaja.

Different people have different priorities.

Mimi naweza kusema wewe ni sucker wa Jobs tu utakayenunua hata ushuzi wake akiuweka kwenye chupa na kuuita iFrag.

Hizo bei kwa kidude ambacho hakifanyi chochote kipya ni wizi tu.

Niambie iPad inafanya kipi kipya? Sana sana anatuharibia bei za vitabu kwenye Kindle tu.

Kwani tayari ipo kwenye market hata mukazungumzia uwezo wake? Au mumeanza kuponda tu?

Si lazima iwepo kwenye market, unaweza kusoma specs tu ukaona hii nyanya.

Ukiambiwa gari lina mlango mmoja kama wewe unataka gari lenye milango mitano utajua ni nyanya tu kwa mahitaji yako, huhitaji kusubiri liingie kwenye market ili kujua hili.

Usivyojua mambo ushaona netbook = windows, pole sana, jielimishe kabla ya kubwabwaja.

Different people have different priorities.

Mimi naweza kusema wewe ni sucker wa Jobs tu utakayenunua hata ushuzi wake akiuweka kwenye chupa na kuuita iFrag.

Hizo bei kwa kidude ambacho hakifanyi chochote kipya ni wizi tu.

Niambie iPad inafanya kipi kipya? Sana sana anatuharibia bei za vitabu kwenye Kindle tu.

Koba, nafikiri Kiranga amelielezea zaidi.

Tuseme mie ambaye nahitaji screen kubwa katika kutumia programs za CAD kama Microstation, na hapohapo nahitaji Graphic card nzuri na RAM nyingi na mengine haya huwa si muhimu saana. Ukija watu wa programing, wanahitaji zaidi Processor. DJ anahitaji tu system iwe stable na mengine si muhimu sana.

Hivyo inawezekana kwako hiyo IPAD ni solution nzuri ila kuna wengine hata hatutaki kuiona. Pia wengine tu wazembe wa kutunza, sasa ukinipa hii pad itakuwa matatizo. Netbook naweza kuifunga na kila kitu ndani kinakuwa safe.

Pia kumbuka mfano huu wanaosema, ukiwa jangwani, hata kama una BMW au Maibach la aina gani, unaweza kukwama kulibadilisha na NGAMIA.

Back
Top Bottom