Al-Shabab Threatens Terrorist Attack Against Nairobi Skyscrapers

Do people, who having posted, ever read these shallow and near-juvenile exchanges?

How do we educate each other in a storm of these churlish insults?

Has the subject of this thread been aired at all? Is it clearer now than at the beginning of it?

Can one use the material posted here to argue a thesis in a class of intelligent peers?

Eeeeiiiish!! Jamani.

Do people, who having posted, ever read these shallow and near-juvenile exchanges?

How do we educate each other in a storm of these churlish insults?

Has the subject of this thread been aired at all? Is it clearer now than at the beginning of it?

Can one use the material posted here to argue a thesis in a class of intelligent peers?

Eeeeiiiish!! Jamani.

Ndugu TON, you are a Kenyan, like I am. When you've been on this forum for a few more months and have experienced the full range of anti-Kenyan hatred (and it is pure, malicious hatred, not the gentle sibling rivalry kind of ribbing that we have with UG) that we have...maybe you'll begin understanding why we react the way that we do sometimes. The OP on this thread is one of the major drivers of this, several times he has expressed a wish to see Kenya ikisambaratika. Him and his pose (you'll get to know them with time) are also gleefully awaiting our next election because they are convinced that that's when Kenya will fall...

Maybe I shouldn't have reacted the way I did but I just couldn't keep quiet and let him off with the fake concern he is expressing when I know he's desperately hoping that something like this does happen!

Ndugu TON, you are a Kenyan, like I am. When you've been on this forum for a few more months and have experienced the full range of anti-Kenyan hatred (and it is pure, malicious hatred, not the gentle sibling rivalry kind of ribbing that we have with UG) that we have...maybe you'll begin understanding why we react the way that we do sometimes. The OP on this thread is one of the major drivers of this, several times he has expressed a wish to see Kenya ikisambaratika. Him and his pose (you'll get to know them with time) are also gleefully awaiting our next election because they are convinced that that's when Kenya will fall...

Maybe I shouldn't have reacted the way I did but I just couldn't keep quiet and let him off with the fake concern he is expressing when I know he's desperately hoping that something like this does happen!

if they show hate just ignore them.the more you reply to their antikenyan hatred the more you fuel it.SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER.

What do you care...didn't you once say on this very forum that ungependa kuona miji ya Kenya ikisambaratika. I can find that post if you want. This is what you wanted to see so stop with the crocodile tears, you ain't fooling anyone!

Calm down Mr. Kshaka,
I think it was a bad joke didn't mean any harm hopefully - please forgive him; he knows for certain that even TANZANIA might be the next target, sooner than we THINK - cha umuhimu hapa nikuwa macho wote Kenya,Uganda na TANZANIA, huu siyo wakati tena wa kutaniana mambo yako SERIOUS - these guys are deadly bedfellow, don't you underrate Al-Shabab and Al-Queda mixed grill.

But that is hopelessly ludicrous, akin to a pig wallowing blithely unconcerned how unclean.

This superiority complex may have been justified during the Old Man Nyerere who exposed Kenya's hallow social contract, but the paradigm shifted a long time. Now it is defeatist, shallow, and artificial.

I thought this manifestation was exclusive with the unsophisticated populace, like it would in any society, but to find it permeating even supposedly intellectual forums of exchange such as Jamii, is truly shocking.

Oh, Ndugu Kshaka, don't 'backtrack' me. My call-sign is as indicated above - Delta4. Tafadhali.

Guys,my take is ,we should stay focus..I believe there a lot of things one can do.Lets not die on being right or wrong!!
The difference between a successful and an unsuccessful man is how they spend their free time.
There is a nice forum on investment that has helped me quite alot that JF is not a nice forum but guys have turned it into a hate forum.
ONE MORE CAUTION!DONT EVER REJOICE ON THE CALAMITY OF SOMEONE.This is an abomination to God. Actually ni sawa na Uchawi
Engage in positive arguments and have a positive attitude always.
me,i will maintain the positive attitude i always had before i came here.
Leave everything to God..for those who wish their fellow africans and neighbours a bad election year,i will always remind them of proverbs 17:5 "[SUP]5 [/SUP]Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished."
Yes,and we will keep praying and wishing for peace for Kenya's Elections.Because man will never know about what tomorrow holds.
For me,i keep praying for Tanzania that they should NOT know about the pain of violence and hunger their neighbours (KE,UG,RW,BU and DRC) have gone through.
And a last reminder,al shabaab is al Qaeda..and like terrorism it is cancer.It spreads slowly and before you realise it,it has eaten into your very self.
When Uganda was fighting the Al shabaab,we never knew it would eat into us.

What do you care...didn't you once say on this very forum that ungependa kuona miji ya Kenya ikisambaratika. I can find that post if you want. This is what you wanted to see so stop with the crocodile tears, you ain't fooling anyone!

Mr. Kshaka, please read calmly the post and the link attached therein by one Mr.Askari Kanzu - Just go through his posts with an open mind, I can assure you that what this guy has done is highly commendable - see, he had a choice: Could have read the article and kept mum without informing you of the impending catastrophe towards your high rise buildings; but he didn't - or did HE?

If I were you, knowing what Al-Qeada are capable of doing, I should have taken his warnings seriously instead of unfairly accusing him of entertaining an idea of wishing to see your beloved city blown into smithereens by a misguided zealots.

Mr. Kshaka, please read calmly the post and the link attached therein by one Mr.Askari Kanzu - Just go through his posts with an open mind, I can assure you that what this guy has done is highly commendable - see, he had a choice: Could have read the article and kept mum without informing you of the impending catastrophe towards your high rise buildings; but he didn't - or did HE?

If I were you, knowing what Al-Qeada are capable of doing, I should have taken his warnings seriously instead of unfairly accusing him of entertaining an idea of wishing to see your beloved city blown into smithereens by a misguided zealots.
Bukyanagandi, it seems like this kshaka has stuffed his ears with cotton wool lest he hears the truth. And the truth is, Al Shaabab have issued a threat against Nairobi's skyscrapers, as reported by several media outlets!

Guys,my take is ,we should stay focus..I believe there a lot of things one can do.Lets not die on being right or wrong!!
The difference between a successful and an unsuccessful man is how they spend their free time.
There is a nice forum on investment that has helped me quite alot that JF is not a nice forum but guys have turned it into a hate forum.
ONE MORE CAUTION!DONT EVER REJOICE ON THE CALAMITY OF SOMEONE.This is an abomination to God. Actually ni sawa na Uchawi
Engage in positive arguments and have a positive attitude always.
me,i will maintain the positive attitude i always had before i came here.
Leave everything to God..for those who wish their fellow africans and neighbours a bad election year,i will always remind them of proverbs 17:5 "[SUP]5 [/SUP]Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished."
Yes,and we will keep praying and wishing for peace for Kenya's Elections.Because man will never know about what tomorrow holds.
For me,i keep praying for Tanzania that they should NOT know about the pain of violence and hunger their neighbours (KE,UG,RW,BU and DRC) have gone through.
And a last reminder,al shabaab is al Qaeda..and like terrorism it is cancer.It spreads slowly and before you realise it,it has eaten into your very self.
When Uganda was fighting the Al shabaab,we never knew it would eat into us.

Nyie vipi jamani? kwani nani anawatakai mabaya - who knows who will be the next victim, these guys knows no boundary they can ROVE in any country and cause a mayhem. We may have our differences here and there, but that doesn't mean we are sworn enemies! Tunacho takiwa kwa wakati huu mgumu ni ku-burry tofauti zetu na kusaidiana siyo kuleta tena mambo ya chuki chuki! Tukipoteza muda kwenye marumbano Al-Qeada watatumaliza kwa ujinga wetu, mwenye kujuwa mbinu za kujikinga na watu hawa amwambie mwenzake afanye nini kujilinda - msitegemee POLISI na watu wa Usalama na jeshi kwamba ndiyo pekee wa kuwa hakikishia usalama wa Kenya,Tanzania na Uganda - raia vile vile wana-play a big role, mtu hawezi kutoka Somalia akaingia Kenya kichwa kichwa bila ya kuwa na sleeper cells ndani ya nchi yenu - msipuuzie raia katika hilo, CCTV haziwezi kuzuhia a determined terrorist, human intelligence ndio cha muhimu, kuwahi kuzuia mahafa kabla hayatokea, mimi sina hakika kama Kenya imewahi kuzungumza na Uganda ili wapewe mbinu za kuwadhibiti watu hawa - naona Uganda imefanikiwa katika hilo, learn from them lakini mkijifanya kuwadhalau wezenu mtapata wakati mgumu - huo ni ushauri wangu wa bure.

Bukyanagandi, it seems like this kshaka has stuffed his ears with cotton wool lest he hears the truth. And the truth is, Al Shaabab have issued a threat against Nairobi's skyscrapers, as reported by several media outlets!

Heshima yako mkuu, nimekuelewa sana unacho zungumza-kuna ushauri nimewapa sasa hivi wa maana sana lakini sina hakika kama watauchukulia seriously-unajua tena! Tatizo ni kwamba hawajuhi kwamba watu wanaowapa ushauri wanawatakia mema, si hilo tu hawajuhi kwamba kuna Watanzania weledi wanao weza kuwapa mbinu za kujihakikishia usalama ingawa not by 100% lakini madhala yanaweza kupungua kwa asilimia kubwa-mwenzangu naona tuachie hapo. Haya lete habari majuu kuna nini cha zaidi?

Bukyanagandi - Have you ever been to Kenya? Or Uganda? Recently? Have you a Military or Police background? Or Intelligence, civilian or military? Do you have professional or social contacts with persons in these fields?

Bukyanagandi - Have you ever been to Kenya? Or Uganda? Recently? Have you a Military or Police background? Or Intelligence, civilian or military? Do you have professional or social contacts with persons in these fields?

Sitaki kumjibia Bukyanagandi, ila kwa kukumbusha watanzania wengi walipitia National Service.

...Haya lete habari majuu kuna nini cha zaidi?
How Al-Shabaab Plans to Bomb Nairobi, The Bomb Strategy
June 1 | Posted by David Goldman

An Improvised Explosive Device detonated at Assanads building in the busy Moi Avenue of Nairobi was identified as petrol-fertilizer bomb’, created by Al-Shabaab. After deploying such ruthless terror besides interviewing victims and survivors of the blast, Al-Shabaab has made a new terror threat on Nairobi, promising to bring down Kenya’s towering sky-crappers.

In their message, Al-s-Shabaab said, “something big is coming, within the next two weeks and Kenyans shall watch their towers coming down; Two weeks from now you will weep.” So far, the bombs and grenades deployed by Al-Shabaab have failed to cause significant destruction and deaths to manifest the kind of terror Al-Qaeda affiliated Al-Shabaab hopes to inflict on Kenya.

However, the new ‘petrol-fertilizer’ bomb and its success in destroying the build and causing mayhem in the capital is indicative of the presence of an expert bomb maker operating in Nairobi, hence reinventing Al-Shabaab’s hope of inflicting a deadly blow to Kenya.

The warning issued by Al-Shabaab on 31st May reveals the bomb makers instructions, that he should continue to develop a more effective explosive device since his success in the previous one defines his proficiency further increases his chances of success.

Analysis

In 1998 embassy bombings, the bombing was a revenge for American for extradition and torture of four members of Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ). The looming Al-Shabaab attack is a revenge against Kenya’s military incursion in Somalia, which so far has renewed hope of rebuilding Somalia. Al-Qaeda used suicide bombers in trucks loaded with explosives parked outside the embassies.

Al-Shabaab has very effective communication and coordination capabilities. In Thursday 31st May 2012, Al-Shabaab coordinated two relatively effective military attacks on AMISOM troops in Afgoye and Mogadishu. Al-Qaeda coordinated the 1998 Nairobi and Dar-le-salaam bombings simultaneously. September 11 2001 US bombing were simultaneous and very well coordinated.

The simultaneous and coordination aspect of terror is primary in their evolving strategy. We also identify the type of strategy and bomb used in each of the three incidents to identify correlation and possible re-use or redefining of either strategy in the looming attack.

The Nairobi 1998 bomb was made of 500 cylinders of TNT, aluminum nitrate, aluminum powder, and detonating cord. The Dar bomb was made of TNT attached to fifteen oxygen tanks and gas canisters, and was surrounded with four bags of ammonium nitrate fertilizer.

The mode of deployment was trucks, cars, and a suicide unit to complete the deployment and detonation. The Nairobi bomb was effectively deployed and the results were deadly. But it is the Dar-Le-Salaam bomb structure that resembles the May 2012 bomb deployed in Moi Avenue in Nairobi.

Resources, Strategy, Scenarios, and Expertise
In Mogadishu, suicide bombers proving lethal and effective strategies to rain terror on Somali people have deployed car bombs. The suicide policy is a difficult one but the yields of its success are what make it an effective strategy. Since 1998, there has never been a successful suicide terror mission in Nairobi even in the recent past. Mogadishu-Kismayo proximity to Nairobi provides the right infrastructure leeway for a low profile suicide mission and this begs the question, could the Al-Shabaab terror threat be a car-suicide bomber strategy?

While we acknowledge the presence of the expert bomb maker, in Nairobi, it’s the availability of a suicide bomber that is nascent. He may be available indeed and already doing the last touches on the mission. The militant’s media friends broadcast previous Al-Shabaab attack threats before the actual time of attack. This further adds to the list of possibilities, that the resources to launch the attack are in place.

As such, Al-Shabaab’s threat to bring down a sky crapper in Nairobi is surreal. The resources to mobilize such an attack are available, and the bomb and the bomber have already been identified, besides, the operation is already on schedule (2-weeks). As such within this period, the target will be locked and destroyed.

Perspective and Strategic Intelligence Counter Intelligence Measures/Advisory
The perspective of terror intends to inflict psychological fear that outweighs the physical devastation. Al-Shabaab got a maximum gain after the May 2012 bombing of a building in a Nairobi after mobs milled the scene. Strategic Intelligence went through previous terror planning process to predict the event and the plans mentioned above.

A suicide bomber is likely to be used in the terror attack. The initial planning of the attack took place early in May and the smaller version of the bomb deployed on May 28th 2012 to test the effectiveness of the weapon. As such, the terrorists will use an ammonium nitrate fertilizer bomb which might have a touch of TNT to improve magnitude of the effect.

The terrorists will target a famous sky-crapper. We have identified only a number of -sky-crappers in the Capital Nairobi (Times Tower [New Central Bank Complex], Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC), Social Security House, View Park Towers, Nyayo House, M Building/Tower&Lornho House, I).

We narrow target probability depending on security accorded to each. Times tower, Nyayo House, and KICC are well-guarded making them difficult targets based on security provided both on basement parking and on the entry points. The prime targets are Social Security House, View Park Towers, I&M Building, and Lornho House. The prime targets between these four are I&M Building and View Park Towers.

View Park is located next to the Central Park where Nairobi people and tourists in the capital take daytime rest and enjoy picnics. The parking lot is dark and at times congested. This makes this sky crapper a prime target. If a powerful bomb detonates and brings down the building, those inside and nearby would be buried under the rubble (demystifying the threat that ‘Two weeks from now you will weep”).

I&M Building is a prime target for its location at the heart of the Nairobi central business district. It houses a Safaricom outlet besides other important firms including I&M Bank itself.

The terrorists will adopt suicide bombers, TNT-Ammonium nitrate bombs or Aluminum-Nitrate-bombs with petrol to eradicate ammonia detection deployed on a salon vehicle to deter detection, or a vehicle will be parked inside a basement with a either a self detonating bomb or a remote controlled bomb.

This is an early warning analysis. We ask relevant security and intelligence service to deploy effective measures to ensure this threat is preempted successfully to save both lives and the integrity of the Republic of Kenya.

Strategic Intelligence News

Please PM me for a candid discussion, 'am very much concern na mambo yanavyo kwenda huko - naweza kusaidia kwa mawazo, please husiulize maswali mengi kwenye public, all I can say 'am an engineer. Nimepitia National service, nimewahi kuishi na mwanafunzi mwenzangu mu-IRISH, nadhani hiyo inatosha kwa sasa.

Ndugu, we get that there is a threat...we don't need AK to inform us and hopefully, it will be dealt with. What I was pointing out is that AK's concern is false. He has said on this forum that he would like to see Nairobi being blown into smithereens (as you put it), more than once in fact so it's not an unfair accusation at all. His own words condemn him. If you have spent any amount of time in this section of the forum, you would know that AK and his two acolytes (they've gone strangely silent of late) have nothing but hate for Kenya. You can't say that mtu anatutakia mema wakati mwenyewe amekuwa akisema eti angependa kuona vifo vya wanajeshi wa Kenya huko Somalia na miji ya Kenya ikisambaratishwa. It seems that you're too biased to see the truth in front of your eyes!

Back
Top Bottom