African Satellite World and Sat Gear

My neighbour is entering FTA with a scalar ring on a 90cm ku dish to fix on C - bands of Is 20 & 57°E. What good chance has that got?

Location is Kampala Ug.

Pic please

@68e

WP_20160524_13_00_16_Pro.jpg

@57e

WP_20160529_20_40_44_Pro.jpg

Hello, does anyone have any good ideas on limiting interference from Wimax etc on the C Band spectrum ?
Try find out how far the Wimax broadcast is, and which direction the Main signal is coming from, then
with a tight wire mesh cage, place it facing receiving direction of Wimax antenna so that would dispel the Wimax signal, like a sieve! or if you can afford get LNB Filter. Get more info at Filter and Components from 5Hz to 50GHz

Example : WiMAX - operating at 3700 MHz - causes interference at a C-band receive site (where the footprint is 3700-4200 MHz). A standard footprint BPF will pass all frequencies from 3700 4200 MHz (i.e. - including the interfering WiMAX signal).

Solution : Install an MFC model 7893D-3780/4200 bandpass filter that will provide 30 dB rejection at 3700 MHz and will pass all remaining C-band from (3780-4200) MHz.

Tolgos, thanks, already have a microwave BPF 13961 but does not seem to work, guess I need to confirm which range Wimax or LTE is operating on. Any spectrum analyzer expert here?

Hello everyone. Got a request to make. I have a vsat parabolic offset dish sold to me without arms. fabricated the arms but so far I have a challenge getting signal. The dish measurements are 196 x 181cm. Needed to know if anyone has a dish like that and the masurements of the arms. Alternatively, what is the angle position of the arm that holds the lnb and its length? If anyone can work out that math please let me know. Thanks

Hello everyone. Got a request to make. I have a vsat parabolic offset dish sold to me without arms. fabricated the arms but so far I have a challenge getting signal. The dish measurements are 196 x 181cm. Needed to know if anyone has a dish like that and the masurements of the arms. Alternatively, what is the angle position of the arm that holds the lnb and its length? If anyone can work out that math please let me know. Thanks

Hello Afrocentrix, I would like to reffer you to page 544 of this good forum, where FTA-Nash posted information regarding the Famed 2.4M Subbi Dishes.

There you'll find the fomula of calculating the arm lengths, Focal Length e.t.c

Back
Top Bottom