African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Selekta 90cm dish cannot nab Eutelsat 16 in Nakuru. Satellite footprints shows that you require atleast 110cm offset satellite dish to nab it.
https://www.satbeams.com/footprints

Am receiving it in Embu using 120cm offset dish. Use tp 11024H Symbol rate 3330 to track it.
Happy hunting.

As a matter of fact am in Nakuru, receiving Eutelsat 16a all tps ie tvc news, 11295h45000 and french channels on 10804h30000. Dish size 90cm Eurostar.

For those on yahsat is it worth swinging my dish from 7w to yahsat? how is it with movies? Gem tv any good?

For those on yahsat is it worth swinging my dish from 7w to yahsat? how is it with movies? Gem tv any good?

Yahsat has the same (mbc & co.) and more, a member updated us that there are new channels on this sat. If you are able 'swing it' and keep us updated.

I learnt its not as easy to nab like Nilesat. You need a 130cm and above to get a stable signal but the goodies are worth the effort. If you have the right equipment "swing" like yesterday.

Which LNB are you using? Try a low noise LNB i had tried a EUROSTAR twin 0.5db but failed managed with Starlife 0.1db.
Actually, I am using a Eurostar 0.5dB LNB with 90cm dish to track it...perhaps will need to invest in the Inverto Ultra then try again. Thanks Giden.

As a matter of fact am in Nakuru, receiving Eutelsat 16a all tps ie tvc news, 11295h45000 and french channels on 10804h30000. Dish size 90cm Eurostar.

Thanks Katiklo for the info...will try that TP to track it.

Hey Kibet, that's great news! Does those french channels include boom*rang*, C**toon N**tw*rk, N*t Ge*o, the ones for See Afrika?

in a country like kenya, dstv is the only one with rights to broadcast live sport. so owning a bein decoder in Kenya is illegal. let alone using it to watch live sport. Mwisho was bein ni Sudan. It is legal there

Why is k24 airing live serie A match every weekend in Kenya and beyond for free if dstv has all the right in world to broadcast sport in Kenya? Just food for thought.

Why is k24 airing live serie A match every weekend in Kenya and beyond for free if dstv has all the right in world to broadcast sport in Kenya? Just food for thought.

Simply,dstv has no right to broadcast Bundesliga na Serie A this session!
They decided to drop may due to most Africans prefering Premier league and La liga

I think he just missed the right phrase English football rights are exclusive to Multichoice in Sub saharan Africa.

This is not a manual but more a starting base for theopenbox operation, and I will only cover certain sections. Please note that watchingencrypted channels without a valid subscription is illegal and this is only foreducational purposes.
First download the latest firmware by following this link http://freesat.cn/v.asp?big=32&small=59&id=58
Extract the firmware from the RAR File to Usb stick on yourcomputer, ?Please not that while busy upgrading do not to switch of your box orinterrupt the power supply
To upgrade your openbox open the front panel and insert the Usbstick into the Usb drive.
The decoder will detect the Usb stick and inform you?re viaa prompt message that the pen drive is active.
Press menu button on your remote Tools>Usb Upgrade andpress upgrade >press okay for the prompt and let the firmware burn an image.If the upgrade was successful your decoder will restart.
After restart you have to rescan all your channels. Yourdecoder will now have the latest firmware.
To use any of the Encryption keys (Please note that it is illegalto view pay channels without a valid subscription and this is only foreducational purposes) Goto Menu on your remote scroll to Tools and thenConditional Access, press okay and a new window Conditional Access will open.
Press 6666 on your remote and a hidden menu Key Edit willopen scroll to Key Edit and press okay on your remote.
You will then find all the different encryption modes.Google the latest softcam key file for Africa and extract it with WinRAR to yourUsb stick making sure it is in the form of a *TEXT* FILE FORMAT.
Insert the stick into your decoder and scroll to the typeoff encryption you want to add keys. To enter the keys Manually Go to theEncryption mode i.e., P*werv* press okay press the green button on your remote andenter your Keys Manually.
After you have highlighted the encryption you want press thered button on your remote, your box will then import the specific keys do thisfor all the other encryption, except Cryptoworks.
If you want to open the D+gi**tk channel you must edit thesoftcam key file on you PC by deleting all the other key file and only leavingthe 3 Cryptoworks keys for D+gi**tk import it by following the samemetode.Remove the Usb stick and format it reinsert it back into your Decorderopen Menu>Tools>Conditional Access>press 6666 Key Edit scroll to Cryptoworksand press the green button on your remote to export the Keys back to your UsbStick press restart your Decoder and follow all the steps to import the Cryptoworkskeys and it will open.
For CCCAM AND CARDSHARING Press menu Goto network windowpress 6666 on your remote,
A hidden feature CS Protocol will open. Scroll down to itand press open.
Protocol Type must be on the type of cline you want to entere.g. your Cline that you have is
C: Jamii.forum.com 12000 yaya you?.
You will enter it as follows Protocol Type press the rightarrow to CCCAM.
Scroll down to server setting and press Okay on your remote,make sure Server Active is on
Scroll to Server Address and press okay a keyboard would popup and type in using the remote
Jamii.forums.com pressing the yellow button on your remotewhen you finished to save it.
Scroll to port press okay and type in 12000
Press ID and type in yaya press yellow button
Press password and type you press yellow button and exitbutton and on the prompt scroll to yes using the arrow keys on your remote andpress okay. Scroll down to apply and on the prompt press yes .Press exit onyour remote.
Open Menu>Network>Network Config and press okay yournetwork Config window will open and setup the type of network you want toconfig.your decoder will now connect to the Internet and activate your Account.
To Stream movies and content from your smart phone installDNLA app on your phone Goto Network Scroll to Network Config open WIFI setup upyour decoder on your wifi network of your phone Set your Phone as wifi hotspot Gototo network App on your decoder press DNLA and on your smart phone open Dnla APPand stream your content to your Openbox.
To watch IPTV Channels Goto Menu>Channel List>IPTV andpress the channel you want to watch.
Thanks Spora for sharing what you know about OPENBOX.
Your info was very valuable to me. Thanks once again.

Hello, Was in Nairobi looking for STR 4920 And all major stockists Riwala, Alpha Sound, E. T. C :eek::eek::eek::eek: All claiming No Stock In Market At All. I have Strong. 4950h but I wanted to replace with Strong 4920. I noted that 4950h even after loading power Vu keys under Seca:confused::what::what: still can't open channels on Intelsat 20 68.5 e (Discovery India, Tlc, Animal Planet, E. T. C. At times channels open but no sound . If anyone has been successful with 4950h to view Intelsat 20 please call me 0720531131,:D Otherwise will just wait for a stable patch.

Hello, Was in Nairobi looking for STR 4920 And all major stockists Riwala, Alpha Sound, E. T. C :eek::eek::eek::eek: All claiming No Stock In Market At All. I have Strong. 4950h but I wanted to replace with Strong 4920. I noted that 4950h even after loading power Vu keys under Seca:confused::what::what: still can't open channels on Intelsat 20 68.5 e (Discovery India, Tlc, Animal Planet, E. T. C. At times channels open but no sound . If anyone has been successful with 4950h to view Intelsat 20 please call me 0720531131,:D Otherwise will just wait for a stable patch.

Also suffering from same problem thus Is20 appears unattractive to me😀. Only for that hiccup its a good box with a very sensitive tuner. All sellers promising stock on the way so lets be patient enough

I think someone here once posted that openbox z5 does good with pow** vu. If anyone can confirm, the boxes are all over the shops. stop suffering. is20 & apst 7

Back
Top Bottom