9 Year Old Child Bride

X-PASTER

JF-Expert Member
Feb 12, 2007
9 year old child bride in Texas reminds us of life and love

The news out of Texas reminds us of life, how precious it is, and love, how giving it must be. A young couple is starting their lives together after an extravagant wedding.

The nine-year-old bride and seven-year-old groom, both cancer patients, were married Sunday. Jayla Cooper and Jose Griggs vowed to be friends forever.

"I love him, and it was just really important to me," said Jayla. "I had fun dancing with my dad and with him and my granny."

Home video shows Jerrod Cooper walking his daughter down the aisle. These are the moments he cherishes after being told she only has a few weeks to live.

"It's really hard," he said. "It's something you never wanna go through or imagine."

Jayla and Jose were both diagnosed with leukemia two years ago. They spent most of their days together at Children's Medical Hospital in Dallas, but Jose is actually recovering. He wants the same for Jayla.

"He knows where she's going, but he doesn't want her to go," said Charla Griggs, Jose's mother. "He's seven years old and he's having a hard time dealing with this."

Because of the time she has left, the family tries to enjoy every moment with Jayla, who is teaching others to live life to the fullest.

"She's only nine. All I can do is give her what she wants. I give and give, because I don't know what else to do," said Lisa Cooper, Jayla's mother.

The parents took Jose and Jayla to Great Wolf Lodge for their honeymoon.

With only a few weeks left of her life, 9-year-old Jayla Cooper fulfilled a dream as friends and family watched on in bittersweet delight.

Wedding bells rang this past Sunday for a rather uncommon bride and groom, 9-year-old Jayla and her now husband, 7-year-old Jose Griggs. But this union of children isn't due to some twisted religious rite.

Jayla cooper was diagnosed with leukemia two years ago and according to doctors, has come to the end of her path. Childhood leukemia, depending upon the type, has improved with treatment over the years but there is still a rate of recidivation either due to malignancies or later recurrences.

For two years, Jayla spent her home away from home at the Children's Medical Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders in Dallas, TX where she met her future husband and leukemia patient, Jose when he was 5. So after two years of sharing a bond that most people will never understand, the parents of both children gave Jayla her dying wish.

"I can't explain how I feel right now. I'm happy, but at the at same time I am sad because I know my child is going to go to heaven with the Lord."

Jayla's Mother

On the biggest day of her life, the little girl continued to show others how to live life to the fullest, smiling brightly as she walked beside her father, Jerrod Cooper, down the isle adorned in a lovely white gown. For the time, every person in the room seemed to have set aside any feeling other than joy for the couple, grasping tightly to the moments that remain.

As for the 7-year-old groom, his mother said in the article that "he's having a hard time dealing with this" because he is aware that she is dying and he doesn't want her to "go." Jose is recovering from his leukemia.

So in an effort to fulfill as much of her child's dreams as possible, Lisa Cooper continues to give her daughter all that she can so that her last days here on earth are more than hospital beds and distressed family members.

The happy couple spent their honey moon at Great Wolf Lodge, an indoor family waterpark in Grapevine, TX complete with waterslides, kiddie spa and arcade. A honeymooners paradise…for a couple of kids.

Source: the church of jesus christ

abcnews

associated content

Ni vizuri binaadam wakaelewa kuwa kila ndoa ina sababu zake

Woooooow....just wow. Islam has got to be the most backward god awful thing ever imagined. I dont call those guys taliban...those worthless pieces of shit are muslims. To call them Taliban might allow leftist libtards to go on about a political ideology...this is nothing of the sort. This is islamic retards, aka muslims, doing what they do...

Woooooow....just wow. Islam has got to be the most backward god awful thing ever imagined. I dont call those guys taliban...those worthless pieces of shit are muslims. To call them Taliban might allow leftist libtards to go on about a political ideology...this is nothing of the sort. This is islamic retards, aka muslims, doing what they do...

same guy with different name... lol!

...Hiyo Quote uliyoichukuwa ya Islamblowsass... ungechukuwa na chini yake Shukri pia!

lol! now go back to sleep...!

Sahih Bukhari

Narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234

Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13) Volume 8, Book 73, Number 151

Sahih Muslim

Chapter 10:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (, may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. Book 8, Number 3309.

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old. Book 8, Number 3310

As an older man of fifty-plus years, Muhammad married a mere child of six years old and co-habited with her when she was 9 years old. As quoted above, the most trusted collections of hadiths establish the authenticity of this Muhammadic tradition.

So, Muhammad's interest in young girls extended beyond Ai'sha ('Ayesha). Why would anyone think that Muhammad's sexual interest in babies be "the timeless expression of the Will of Allah?" How does such a prurient desire support Muhammad's claim to be a prophet of Allah? Such a desire by an old man is contrary to nature, and it is a perversion against the moral order of Allah's universe.

Yet, according to Islam, Muhammad is the perfection of humanity and the prototype of the most wonderful human conduct. He married a nine year-old and leaves an enduring legacy for old Muslim men to fulfill their carnal desires contrary to natural law and to the life-long devastation of young girls.

(Sirat Rasul Allah) by Ibn Ishaq, there is an account in which Muhammad expressed a marital interest in a crawling baby. This event seems to have occurred around the time of the Battle of of Badr which would have made Muhammad approximately 55 years old. He had married Ayesha two years earlier, when he was 53 years of age.

(Suhayli, ii. 79: In the riwaya of Yunus I. I. recorded that the apostle saw her (Ummu'lFadl) when she was a baby crawling before him and said, 'If she grows up and I am still alive I will marry her.' But he died before she grew up and Sufyan b. al-Aswad b. 'Abdu'l-Asad al-Makhzumi married her and she bore him Rizq and Lubab...1

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=504_1238691910"]LiveLeak.com - Taliban Lash 17 Year Old Girl[/ame]

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8f7_1187215211]LiveLeak.com - Alqaeda targeted kurdish sect - killing children and innocent civilians[/ame]

Back
Top Bottom