Why are we Surprised about Namibian port??

Nsunza

Jan 21, 2008
I think our government is forgetting about the fundamentals of economic development. Our port authority just realizes, JUST REALIZE, what competitors are doing, now; Just now? It is a shame, not only to the port authority, but to the government as a whole. It is within our National Security interest to know what other countries are doing economically so as we can compete. One thing they don’t know is, Namibia is just the beginning, this is just one country, there is more to this than they know. I knew what was happening since January of 2008, and they just found out? May be the question is, how did I find out about this? The answer is very simple news; we have to read my fellow Tanzanians. It was on the African Report magazine edition of January – July, 2008. This is what was said;
“Mozambique’s strategic Central and Northern ports of Beira and Nacala are about to undergo substantial upgrading at a cost of $900 million, according to the transportation minister Paulo Zucula. A tendering process is about to begin, and the project will be partly financed through concessions to modernize and manage the ports. Roads and railways linking the ports to the neighboring landlocked states of Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi, will also be upgraded as part of Mozambique’s ambition to be the transport hub for the SADC region. The government’s plan is to rehabilitate the transportation system linking Beira to coal mines and other mineral extraction sites. The anticipated investment is $500 million for Beira and $400 million for Nacala”
This shows how misinformed our leaders are. What do they read? What news are they listening to? What books do they read? Who is telling them what is happening around the world? Are they satisfied with their degrees and Phd’s they received years and years ago? Do they know that the world is constantly changing? Isn’t this the job of the so called “usalama wa taifa” people? Do they know this is threatening the economy of our country? May be they have a different structural organization and don’t deal with economy as CIA, KGB and others do. They find out what is happening in other countries inform their government, and the government makes policies. May be we need to clean it up a little bit. It is time to mandate our leaders to read or may be go back to school or something, because something is got to happen and happen soon. Look at the countries we are talking about, they have been fitting forever, we even help them gain independence and they are going to be developed faster than us. I think we need to wake up my fellow Tanzanians. Rwanda just got re-born in the late nineties, now is becoming a roll model for East African countries? I have a friend from Rwanda, graduated in Computers science and information system. Did his masters while working for IBM, Kagame personally called him, and ask him to come back home and got him to lead the Technology development of their country. We have people who are qualified and have the exposure to new things and new ideas.
I hope our President will know and act to these information, but again I wonder, what does he read? I rest may case for today. God bless Africa! God bless Tanzania!

sisi Majungu na Matumbo yetu tumeweka Mbele kuliko Maslahi ya Taifa...mapato tunayokosa ni makubwa kuliko tunayoingiza...
Port ya Mombasa ishatushinda...Djibout sasa Inatisha hata kuipata hatuwezi...Sisi tuna Bandari 3 au 4 za Uhakika za DSM, Bagamoyo, Tanga na Mtwara, lkn Bado vingozi wetu wamejawa na nini ktk VICHWA vyao maana Hata Kufikiri Hawawezi..2me..Viongozi wetu wamekuwa WALEVI ndio maana hata Muda wa kufikiri hawana tena...

I think our government is forgetting about the fundamentals of economic development. Our port authority just realizes, JUST REALIZE, what competitors are doing, now; Just now? It is a shame, not only to the port authority, but to the government as a whole. It is within our National Security interest to know what other countries are doing economically so as we can compete. One thing they don’t know is, Namibia is just the beginning, this is just one country, there is more to this than they know. I knew what was happening since January of 2008, and they just found out? May be the question is, how did I find out about this? The answer is very simple news; we have to read my fellow Tanzanians. It was on the African Report magazine edition of January – July, 2008. This is what was said;
“Mozambique’s strategic Central and Northern ports of Beira and Nacala are about to undergo substantial upgrading at a cost of $900 million, according to the transportation minister Paulo Zucula. A tendering process is about to begin, and the project will be partly financed through concessions to modernize and manage the ports. Roads and railways linking the ports to the neighboring landlocked states of Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi, will also be upgraded as part of Mozambique’s ambition to be the transport hub for the SADC region. The government’s plan is to rehabilitate the transportation system linking Beira to coal mines and other mineral extraction sites. The anticipated investment is $500 million for Beira and $400 million for Nacala”
This shows how misinformed our leaders are. What do they read? What news are they listening to? What books do they read? Who is telling them what is happening around the world? Are they satisfied with their degrees and Phd’s they received years and years ago? Do they know that the world is constantly changing? Isn’t this the job of the so called “usalama wa taifa” people? Do they know this is threatening the economy of our country? May be they have a different structural organization and don’t deal with economy as CIA, KGB and others do. They find out what is happening in other countries inform their government, and the government makes policies. May be we need to clean it up a little bit. It is time to mandate our leaders to read or may be go back to school or something, because something is got to happen and happen soon. Look at the countries we are talking about, they have been fitting forever, we even help them gain independence and they are going to be developed faster than us. I think we need to wake up my fellow Tanzanians. Rwanda just got re-born in the late nineties, now is becoming a roll model for East African countries? I have a friend from Rwanda, graduated in Computers science and information system. Did his masters while working for IBM, Kagame personally called him, and ask him to come back home and got him to lead the Technology development of their country. We have people who are qualified and have the exposure to new things and new ideas.
I hope our President will know and act to these information, but again I wonder, what does he read? I rest may case for today. God bless Africa! God bless Tanzania!

Nadhani cha kwanza "commitment to the country" ni muhimu, sidhani katika viongozi na wananchi kwa ujumla wangapi tuna commitment to our country.

Kwa issue ya Namibia, sisi si tuna mabalozi kwenye nchi nyingi Afrika na kwingineko, kama tungetaka kujua tungejua Namibia wanafanya nini, na sio Namibia tu nchi zote za kiafrika tulizo na balozi tunaweza kutumia balozi zetu kwa ajili ya "economic intelligence" kwa manufaa yetu.

I'm telling you if the Somalians stopped fighting today in a year or two they would have over taken us.

Ok i'm exagerating but the fact is our so called leaders are pathetic. 40 years after independence and the country is still in a pathetic state despite all the natural wealth. Yet we keep electing the same idiots and somehow expect different results.

Wake up Tanzania

Serikali ya Tanzania ni watalii wa kudumu, kazi kupnda mali waksema kufa kwaja!

Rwanda wanaijenga Reli yao upya na kutuomba tuunganishe pale Kigoma, soon utasikia Wazambia wanaachana na Tazara!

Serikali haina dira, upeo wala maono! kazi kutumbua!

Hizi bandari za Tanzania hasa Tanga,Dar na Mtwara zinaweza kabisa kuteka mataifa ambayo ni landlocked kama Uganda,Rwanda Burundi na hata DRC.

Hapo competitors wetu ni kenya.

Pia tunaweza kuziteka Malawi,Zimbabwe na hata Zambia ukizingatia tunayo tena Tazra na hapo competitors wetu ni Mozambique na South.Tanzania ingetenga bajeti kubwa kwenye infrastructure.Ndiyo maana nilipinga Tanzania kupunguza ule utegemezi wa wahisani kwani wangeendelea nao strategically for 5 years wakainvest kwenye imfrustructure na kujenga viwanda vya ndani

One thing they don’t know is, Namibia is just the beginning, this is just one country, there is more to this than they know

Mkuu heshima mbele sana, mkuu wa hiyo port ni kijana mmoja mbongo niliwahi kusoma naye shule ya meli Dar, na Antwerpen Belgium,

Ni kijana kichwa sana, lakini bongo eti walimfanya Mwalimu tu wa marine, Namibia wakampa bonge la hiyo post, life yake sasa hivi huko ni paradise na vitu anavyovifanya huko ndio hivi unavyovisema.

Mkuu heshima mbele sana, mkuu wa hiyo port ni kijana mmoja mbongo niliwahi kusoma naye shule ya meli Dar, na Antwerpen Belgium,

Ni kijana kichwa sana, lakini bongo eti walimfanya Mwalimu tu wa marine, Namibia wakampa bonge la hiyo post, life yake sasa hivi huko ni paradise na vitu anavyovifanya huko ndio hivi unavyovisema.

Naona wenzetu (Namibia Port Authority) wana mpaka BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER kama sehemu ya management team.

Bofya hapa (Namibian Port Authority - Namport - Management Team)

Business intelligence
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business intelligence (BI) refers to technologies, applications and practices for the collection, integration, analysis, and presentation of business information and sometimes to the information itself. The purpose of business intelligence--a term that dates at least to 1958--is to support better business decision making.[1] Thus, BI is also described as a decision support system (DSS):[2]

BI is sometimes used interchangeably with briefing books, report and query tools and executive information systems. In general, business intelligence systems are data-driven DSS.

BI systems provide historical, current, and predictive views of business operations, most often using data that has been gathered into a data warehouse or a data mart and occasionally working from operational data. Software elements support the use of this information by assisting in the extraction, analysis, and reporting of information. Applications tackle sales, production, financial, and many other sources of business data for purposes that include, notably, business performance management. Information may be gathered on comparable companies to produce benchmarks.

Hivi jamani hivi tangu TICS wachukue hiyo bandari yetu mapato yameongezeka au yameshuka ?
Na kama yameongezeka ni kwa asilimia ngapi ? au ndio yamemuongezea mtu utajiri wake !

ukitaka kujua jinsi serikali yetu isipokuwa na vipaumbele wala mipango una jinsi suala la elimu linavyochezewa. Mitihani imevuja nani atawajibika?

Ona hakuna hata idara maalumu ya kushughulikia mipango achilia mbali RnD ina budget kiasa gani katika idara zetu za kiserikali.

Poor wee....

Kama ningelikuwa na madhifa au uwezo ktk serikali hii, ningefunga kabisa Bandari ya Dar-es-Salaam kwa meli kubwa za mizigo na kufungua mpya nje ya mji ama kuendeleza zile za Tanga na Mtwara..
Nasema hivi kutokana na mazingira tuliyopo, na tumejaribu sana kuboresha bandari hiyo lakini tumeshindwa kuelewa kwamba haiwezi kupanuliwa wala kuboreshwa huduma zake. Sababu kubwa ni kwamba bandari hiyo ina kinywa kidogo sana (Kivukoni hadi Kigamboni) ambacho kinachoweza kupitisha meli moja ama mbili tu kwa wakati mmoja. Utakuta meli nyingi zimefunga nje hadi mwezi mzima wakisubiri upakuzi wa meli iliyotangulia kiasi kwamba tunapoteza muda na uhakika kwa mashirika ya meli ambayo husafiri kwa kufuata ratiba...

Kufunga kwa bandari hiyo kutatuwezesha sisi kuzitumia bandari za Tanga na Mtwara zaidi na pengine bandari hiyo ya Dar kutumika kwa meli ndogo za usafiri wa abiria na Utalii - Cruiseline kama miji mingine kikubwa duniani... Kisha kiuchumi sehemu yote ile ya Kurasini ni uchumi tuliokulia kwani kama leo hii viwanja Kariakoo vimefikia thamani ya USd millioni 1, hii sehemu inaweza kuchangia gharama kubwa ya ujenzi ama upanuzi wa bandari nyinginezo...Bila shaka ningewaruhusu wale jamaa wa bandari za Dubai wenye vifaa vya kisasa kuwekesha nchini ktk upakuzi wa bandari zetu badala ya shirika ushara kama TICS...

Acha mji wa Dar ubakie kama mji mkuu wenye kuvutia watalii na cruise ships, Yatch na kadhalika...badala ya kuzidi kuharibu maji na mazingira wakati hakuna sababu kabisa kuboresha bandari hiyo ikiwa haiwezi kupokea meli nyingi na kubwa kwa wakati mmoja...

Tusiwe na haraka. Wanataka kujenga bandari mbili mpya Bagamoyo na Mwambani,Tanga.

Kama ningelikuwa na madhifa au uwezo ktk serikali hii, ningefunga kabisa Bandari ya Dar-es-Salaam kwa meli kubwa za mizigo na kufungua mpya nje ya mji ama kuendeleza zile za Tanga na Mtwara..
Nasema hivi kutokana na mazingira tuliyopo, na tumejaribu sana kuboresha bandari hiyo lakini tumeshindwa kuelewa kwamba haiwezi kupanuliwa wala kuboreshwa huduma zake. Sababu kubwa ni kwamba bandari hiyo ina kinywa kidogo sana (Kivukoni hadi Kigamboni) ambacho kinachoweza kupitisha meli moja ama mbili tu kwa wakati mmoja. Utakuta meli nyingi zimefunga nje hadi mwezi mzima wakisubiri upakuzi wa meli iliyotangulia kiasi kwamba tunapoteza muda na uhakika kwa mashirika ya meli ambayo husafiri kwa kufuata ratiba...

Kufunga kwa bandari hiyo kutatuwezesha sisi kuzitumia bandari za Tanga na Mtwara zaidi na pengine bandari hiyo ya Dar kutumika kwa meli ndogo za usafiri wa abiria na Utalii - Cruiseline kama miji mingine kikubwa duniani... Kisha kiuchumi sehemu yote ile ya Kurasini ni uchumi tuliokulia kwani kama leo hii viwanja Kariakoo vimefikia thamani ya USd millioni 1, hii sehemu inaweza kuchangia gharama kubwa ya ujenzi ama upanuzi wa bandari nyinginezo...Bila shaka ningewaruhusu wale jamaa wa bandari za Dubai wenye vifaa vya kisasa kuwekesha nchini ktk upakuzi wa bandari zetu badala ya shirika ushara kama TICS...

Acha mji wa Dar ubakie kama mji mkuu wenye kuvutia watalii na cruise ships, Yatch na kadhalika...badala ya kuzidi kuharibu maji na mazingira wakati hakuna sababu kabisa kuboresha bandari hiyo ikiwa haiwezi kupokea meli nyingi na kubwa kwa wakati mmoja...

Mkuu Mkandara umeongea pointi.....mimi ningeongezea zaidi kuwa ile mikonga ya "fibre optic" EASSY, SEACOM & FLAG NGN System 2 iwe na landing points kila mmoja Dar, Mtwara & Tanga kurahisisha mawasiliano na kuwa na "redundancy" badala ya yote kuwa na "landing point" Dar.

Lingine ningehakikisha tunakuwa na umeme wa uhakika hydro, gesi, coal, wind na kadhalika, vile vile hizo bandari na miji (Mtwara, Tanga, Dar) ziwe na reli nzuri na ya uhakika inayounganisha na nchi nyingine kurahisisha usafirishaji.

Bandari ya Tanga of recent inafanya vizuri sana na wenye meli wengi wanakimbilia huko hakuna outer anchorage ukifika unafunga, unashusha ngoma juu....

Tics has made a lot of people rich while we were sleeping. Remember do not ask what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country.

Mabalozi wetu nchi za nje karibu wote wamekaribia kustaafu. What do you expect from such persons?

Back
Top Bottom