Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Wakuu,

East Africa and the Great Lakes Region is awash with guns and I was
wondering where are they coming from maana the numbers are just
too high nowadays.

There must be a 'merchant of death' lurking somewhere.Wakenya
wameamua kuchoma moto all illegal guns (whatever that means).

Meanwhile I was wondering why these Kenyan officials decided to
do this at Uhuru gardens which is in the City of Nairobi.The grass is too
dry from the pics and anything could happen.'Afu pia wanaletea
watu tafash za kujikinga na moshi right in the middle of the town.

gun2.jpg

A GSU officer guards illegal firearms set to be destroyed by the government at Uhuru Gardens in Nairobi on Tuesday. Provincial Administration assistant minister Simeon Lesirma officiated the destruction.

gun3.jpg

Provincial Administration assistant minister Simeon Lesirma officiated the burning of illegal fire arms at Uhuru Gardens in Nairobi on Tuesday. Also present was Police Commissioner Gen Hussein Ali.

gun4.jpg

A GSU officer looks at illegal firearms that were destroyed at Uhuru Gardens in Nairobi on Tuesday

meguns1703.jpg

Fire fighters on standby at Nairobi's Uhuru Gardens where illegal firearms were destroyed by the government on Tuesday.

DNnairobiarms1703c.jpg

A police fire brigade on stand by as some of the 2,490 illegal fire arms go up in flames during a destruction exercise at Uhuru Gardens on Tuesday.

gun1.jpg

Last edited:
First of all the location is Uhuru Gardens not Uhuru Park.The gardens are not in CBD but are are far off town along Langata road on your way to Nairobi National park.
Secondly i think i can see a fire engine and firemen in the background.
These are guns that cant be redeemed i doubt they would burn firearms that are in better conditions.

First of all the location is Uhuru Gardens not Uhuru Park.The gardens are not in CBD but are are far off town along Langata road on your way to Nairobi National park.
These are guns that cant be redeemed i doubt they would burn firearms that are in better conditions.

Sample these comments...

Submitted by SJ502
Posted March 18, 2009 06:50 AM

Its comforting to see three city Firemen alert and ready for action... hopefully that hose pipe has sufficient water. It's very dry around here and with Carnivore, Supermarket,Barracks and a busy airport close by...I would be very careful starting a gun bonfire and at noontime! Life happens...

Submitted by wapet
Posted March 18, 2009 10:02 AM

This is just but a another of a public show.there is absolutely no need of destroying the product while the process of production is done nothing about.The government should think of blocking the avenues through which the guns get into the wrong hands instead of just enjoying a scene of their destruction.

Submitted by SJ502
Posted March 18, 2009 07:05 AM

Why buy new and expensive arms from Ukraine again in these hard times? Clean and service these WMD...they must have been working the last time some crooks used them!​

Yale yale ya afande Tosi kwenda kwenye operations za majambazi na waandishi wa habari.

Sample these comments...

Submitted by SJ502
Posted March 18, 2009 06:50 AM

Its comforting to see three city Firemen alert and ready for action... hopefully that hose pipe has sufficient water. It's very dry around here and with Carnivore, Supermarket,Barracks and a busy airport close by...I would be very careful starting a gun bonfire and at noontime! Life happens...

Submitted by wapet
Posted March 18, 2009 10:02 AM

This is just but a another of a public show.there is absolutely no need of destroying the product while the process of production is done nothing about.The government should think of blocking the avenues through which the guns get into the wrong hands instead of just enjoying a scene of their destruction.

Submitted by SJ502
Posted March 18, 2009 07:05 AM

Why buy new and expensive arms from Ukraine again in these hard times? Clean and service these WMD...they must have been working the last time some crooks used them!​

AB- now you are posting comments from blogs and expect us to take them as the truth? Iam positive that the guns are obsolete, and cant be used.. and of course its a public show, we ve been doing it for years..

AB- now you are posting comments from blogs and expect us to take them as the truth? Iam positive that the guns are obsolete, and cant be used.. and of course its a public show, we ve been doing it for years..

Smatta,

No I don't expect you to take them as the truth. Those
are postings by fellow Kenyans expressing their opinion
in the Daily Nation.

I doubt if those guns were obsolete as they had been
redeemed from criminals so to speak.And you are not
wrong to say Kenya mumezoea hizi 'shows'..serikali ya
usanii!

Meanwhile the question remains, where are these guns
coming from? Shouldn't the authorities be more concerned
about how to stop the channels through which they come
through other than these shows you are talking about?

Smatta,

in the Daily Nation.

usanii!

coming from?
Shouldn't the authorities be more concerned
Sijui sana lakini unajua wakati wa ile kasheshe ya uchaguzi wa Kenya hata hapa US kuna wa-Kenya ambao walikuwa wanawatumia ndugu zao hela ili wanunue silaha kutoka Somalia (Maana jamaa ni Mkikuyu na alikuwa anasema kwamba lazima waue wa-jaluo woote kwa sababu hii ni zamu yao na wao wamenyanyaswa sana) whatever that means. Kwa hiyo nadhani baadhi ya hizo silaha ziliingia wakati wa machafuko ya uchaguzi maana kuna watu walisema lazima wajilinde.

coming from?
Shouldn't the authorities be more concerned

Ab-Tichaz,

They are flowing IN from Somalia
! And knowing that there so many Somalis who are well connected with Kenya's Security Agencies, there is no doubt that it is as easy as ABC to get the weapons down to Kenya!

Smatta,

in the Daily Nation.

usanii!

coming from? Shouldn't the authorities be more concerned

If a Kenyan hustler can cross the border to tanzania with a G-3, an AK 47 rifle, and grenades, to commit a bank robbery, what makes Kenya an exception.. We are sarrounded by warring countries, so getting a gun is not a hard task, and I also know that if I want to purchase a gun in TZ, it will be equally easy..
If there is a will, there is definitely a way..

hellfire20,

1. This is the message of the day! You have started my day well..it is a good observation!

2. Our region is full of amunitions..from Rwanda genocode, from Burundi Crisis, from FDLR of DRC, from Southern Sudan ..from Koni in Uganda and of course from Somalia. Then pirates from Somalia get so much money to buy modern weapons for piracy activities..the same guns get in Kenya and in other countries in AE!

3.If such arms are obselete..I dont know. Do you remember the battle in Arusha involving majambazi from Kenya with such sophiscated weapons.. Tz police had to run away and call the Army as thiers could not match the majambazi's? The battle lasted for about 5 hours until hwen the army threatened to demolish the house when the majambazi gave in??

Ab-Tichaz,

They are flowing IN from Somalia
! And knowing that there so many Somalis who are well connected with Kenya's Security Agencies, there is no doubt that it is as easy as ABC to get the weapons down to Kenya!

Baba_Enock,

Nakubaliana nawe kabisa kuhusu hio point.There was a time it
was safe to walk in the city of Nairobi lakini siku hizi noma.Kila
mtu ana bastola uadhani wild wild west.Wasomali wamejaa Kenya
kama wakimbizi na walikuja na silaha ambazo kwamba wanauza bei
rahisi kinoma.Kisha the Kenyan security agencies have been
compromised kama ulivyosema....na mafisadi tele.

If a Kenyan hustler can cross the border to tanzania with a G-3, an AK 47 rifle, and grenades, to commit a bank robbery, what makes Kenya an exception..

What is the purpose of this statement?Hebu clarify mawazo yako.

What is the purpose of this statement?Hebu clarify mawazo yako.

What am saying is that the problem is not endemic Kenya only, I can access a gun in Bongo with as much ease as i can access the same in Kenya. Believe it or not, if you had a media with as much zeal as the ones we have in Kenya, am sure you wouldn't be screaming your lungs out.

Back
Top Bottom