When was the last time you had this guy's experience?

KVM

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2011
It is all about our horrible transport system in Tanzania. It did not start today some of you might believe. It started in 1970s although the problems used to be periodic - when secondary schools open or close. In 1974 I was an A level student at Shinyanga Secondary School (ShyBush) as we used to call it. When the school closed in June I decided to go to Lushoto. All Secondary Schools in Tz used to close at the same time. Wehen we got to the train station at around midnight the train was already fully-packed with students from West Lake, Mwanza and Musoma. We managed to board the train but there was no room to wriggle inside. If you lifted you foot you could not put back as someone would have put his or hers. I travelled standing from Shinyanga to Ruvu, and from Ruvu to Mombo. When we arrived in Mombo we were welcomed by swarms of mosquitoes which fed on us as we slept on the pavement as if we were dead.<BR><BR>I will never forget that experience. I swore that I would never travel by train if I am the one who will pay for the fare. The last time I travelled by train was in June 1976 when I was in Nation Service being transferred from Dodoma to Mgulani.<BR><BR>

Now, read thsi Mzungu's experience as he travelled from Dar es Salaam to Songea:

<A href="http://www.wanderlust.co.uk/mywanderlust/members/eric-baldauf/experiences/bus-ride-from-hell-dar-es-salaam-to-madaba-songea_3732">http://www.wanderlust.co.uk/mywanderlust/members/eric-baldauf/experiences/bus-ride-from-hell-dar-es-salaam-to-madaba-songea_3732</A>

Mi ninachokumbuka ni wakati tukitoka Tabora, behewa likiwa limepambwa ubavuni na chata kibao za tabora boys.
Na kilichokuwa kinanipa raha zaidi ya treni ni mapaja ya kuku wa saranda. safari haikukamilika bila kuku wa saranda

kuku wa salanda,,,ningeweza kufunga macho safari nzima lakini likikaribia salanda lazima niamke,,kuku