What's wrong with mobile phone companies Tanzania?

Greentech360

Jul 1, 2012
The core reason of having a mobile phone company in the first place is to connect people and provide means of communication between people by using the cellular network provided by the mobile phone company. First thing first we realize although the service providers have to make profit out of this but the main aim still is to connect people no matter what ways you attain your profit but people must still be connected all the time and in most efficient way.
There are two things here the profit that the company has to make and the service that the company has to provide which led us to our main topic what’s wrong with mobile phone companies in Tanzania. While other mobile phone companies are fighting to provide good consumer services others are fighting to attain more profit out of their consumers while not even providing proper services.
During the early days of mobile companies the days of Mobitel and the likes the main focus first was to reach people first in the most efficient way and to ensure proper interactivity between the consumer and the service provider. There is nothing wrong for the company trying to make profit out of their services but the point still stand does they provide proper services with respect to the money we are spending on them. for example if you have to call the person three times before getting a channel to talk to him just because the company is not able to control on air mobile traffic or you cannot recharge your phone account because the server is low it has been overpowered by the number of users.
We like the competition that we are seeing wright now having the mobile phone giants companies such as Vodacom, Tigo, Airtel, Zantel and others competing to win the hearts of consumers but really what we need is good service first and other things can follow later.
The other thing is that the companies should find a proper way of collecting the money and surviving in the competition instead of charging extra cost for the user when makes phone call to the rival company. If I can talk peacefully when am calling Vodacom to Vodacom expect to have the same conversation with a person from the rival mobile company such as Airtel, Zantel or Tigo. I don’t care how you make your money that’s why you have financial officers let them crack their heads on how to get the money while the consumers enjoy their talk time If it is through advertisement or increasing number of people in your network that is for you to decide but please provide us with proper services.

It reaches a point now one person is having four handheld devices just to be able to call people from other mobile companies why should it be that way? Does it mean that we are not creative enough to think in any other why to reduce the talk time cost when the consumer is calling another company? This is not true why it is possible in other countries but not here. That is the challenge we left to you the mobile phone companies service providers it is enough of this suffering. The knowledge on how to overcome this situation can be studied in other developing countries such as India in which to some extent they have been able to overcome.

Jumanne Mtambalike
GreenTech360

• Thanks
Reactions: 1px
it's my copyrighted article kuna tatizo kuweka jina langu na link yake kwani kuna mtu nimemuibia may be nipo nyuma na Tanzanian Cyber Laws nieleweshe........

They are too powerful (particularly in TZ) simply because they're corporations (corporations own govts!). Haven't you noticed how articles (this one included!) published to lament horrible service or rates are never specific about which carrier it is. I mean I haven't read any articles in the papers criticizing Tigo or Vodacom or Airtel for some poor service or other (if you come across one pass it to me *grin*). Tigo, for example, have had some of their subscribers complaining (I am one of them) about network connection turning on and off.

If you took it upon yourself to write and an article criticizing Tigo and tried to have it published at Mwananchi do you think they would ran it? I doubt, seriously. The corporate world works like this: The editor would quickly call some fatcat at Tigo detailing him the contents of the article. Then the fatcat would instruct a junior to write out a check in favor of "a consultant". The rest as they say would be history. You'll not have the article published, but Tigo will issue some PR statement in relation to "network overload" or something.

ishakua mchezo wa kuigiza ss hii mitandao, ndio nyumbani siwezi kimbia

Back
Top Bottom