What are you currently reading?

Give a description of the book too, if you don't mind.

I am currently reading,
The Struggle for the Holy Land: Arabs, Jews, and the Emergence of Israel
51CA1DFH1ZL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Basically, the author analyses 2,000 years of Middle East history (begins with Biblical times,through WWII, the Holocaust and the creation of Israel to the Persian Gulf War).

Qur-ani, with it's Translation by Abdulla Yusuf Ali. I really recommend you to read it. When you get one, go first to it's list of chapters (contents) to choose a chapter to start reading or to it's comprehensive index to choose any topic or name as subject to look for. Of course you don't have to read the Arabic text, you can not, can you? Read the translation.

I recommend you to start with a chapter No. 19 called Maryam (meaning Mary, the mother of Jesus) that is a chapter named after her.

Isn't this amazing that this person, Muhammad chose to dedicate the whole chapter, with 98 verses to the mother of his enemy? if at all his enemy? Why not name any one chapter out of 114 chapters after his mother, wife or daughter. None of them, why??? Obviously was not his choice, was it???

Try the book, I really recommend it.

Nyerere on Education (book II), this guy was visionary bana.

Unfortunately a visionary need not be a realist, to his detriment. V.I Lenin was a visionary, but not a realist. We needed a realistic visionary, a rare breed indeed.

Qur-ani, with it's Translation by Abdulla Yusuf Ali. I really recommend you to read it. When you get one, go first to it's list of chapters (contents) to choose a chapter to start reading or to it's comprehensive index to choose any topic or name as subject to look for. Of course you don't have to read the Arabic text, you can not, can you? Read the translation.

Try the book, I really recommend it.

I believe you are Joking!!!

I know what I am NOT reading (or never again)...Obama's ''romantic'' books.
And yeah,Thomas Ricks's retarded pages.

Next on the list will be ""Caveman Logic: The Persistence of Primitive Thinking in a Modern World"

Some of us need to pick this up.

I believe you are Joking!!!

My simple reply???!!! "No" I'm not joking. Give it a try and don't hinder yourself with prejudices, the same approach you would take when you start any other new novel/book like for example "Struggle for the Holly Land" by William Hare.

All the best if you will

I am reading DEAD AID by a Zambian intellectual called DAMBISA MOYO

The book shows how Foreign AID that has poured into Sub Saharan Africa for decades has not helped in alleviating poverty of its people ; but has made them worse off. The suggestion she comes up with is to do away with foreign AID as a means of creating a basis for self reliance and sustainnable economic growth. The reading is inspirational, I wish Jakaya had time to read it may be his mind set would change!

Nasoma mashairi ya SAADAN hapa ni matamu kweli kweli na yananipa busara sana

I am re reading Maisha yangu na baada ya miaka hamsini by Shaaban Robert. This is the fourth time I am reading this book. My standard six teacher used to make us memorize utenzi wa hati na utenzi wa Adili na baadhi ya mashairi especially Amina Umejitenga. Halafu form three na four kilikuwa ni moja ya vitabu vya fasihi ya kiswahili. Huyu jamaa alikuwa mbele ya wakati ukitilia mkazo uelewa wa watu wa rika lake kwa wakati ule.

I am reading DEAD AID by a Zambian intellectual called DAMBISA MOYO

The book shows how Foreign AID that has poured into Sub Saharan Africa for decades has not helped in alleviating poverty of its people ; but has made them worse off. The suggestion she comes up with is to do away with foreign AID as a means of creating a basis for self reliance and sustainnable economic growth. The reading is inspirational, I wish Jakaya had time to read it may be his mind set would change!

I have not read this book, but have heard it being reviewd in various radio programs, once by BBC and The Tavis Smiley show. It sounds very provocative, and worthy of having a discussion on. I have heard before this argument of stopping Economic Aid to African countries. Ms. Moyo also I think feels that only emergency Aid should remain.

THE POWER OF ISREAL LOBBY-AIPAC............By Messmer &
Intereting book by two Jewish authrs describing how AIPAC -the Israeli lobbyists in Washington have shaped the foreign policy of USA....

Very intereting to read a small comunity can take the world to ransom.................thru US policy!

I am reading "Uhasidi wa Marekani katika Mapinduzi ya Zanzibar" by Amrita Wilson

Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Objective by Eric Van Lustbader.
ref=dp_image_0
51aM3WPCSJL._SS500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom