We can talk the talk but not walk the walk

From the way I perceive that phrase i,e " walk the talk" it implies planning something and actually going out to implement it. For example when the university students are aggrieved about something they issue an ultimatum to the University Administration and if the administration is not forthcoming they actually go ahead and strike come what may. Walking the talk requires determination, courage, sincerity and perseverance, etc. Short of these attributes it remains just hot air. For example, how many colleagues at here at JF are pissed off with what is going in this country and swearing and cursing? But how many of us are prepared to stand out and be counted when push comes to shove? Your guess is a good as mine. Likewise our politicians are good at making promises but come delivery time they are start skirting around issues and always trying to postpone things to a later date or hiding their heads in the sand like a proverbial ostrich.

What can be done in Tanzania to get this nation out this straightjacket? In my view, it is by and large changing our mindset. If we determine that from now we as Tanzanians, will no more tolerate unserious-ness, laize faire kind of attitude in all respects and resolve that we will collectively from now take people to account on what they say vis a vis what they actually do, I think we can start seeing some shift in way we do our things. For example, It will be mind boggling to see someone who promised even on earth in form of ‘Maisha Bora kwa kila Mtanzania" winning the 2010 national elections hands down when we all know that after all this promise was just a take in for the votes. Ndiyo imetoka. Talk about walking the talk!

Learn from the best:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbzMsIcp6fI[/ame]
listen to the lyrics...am starting with the man in the mirror....

It is until we start taking matters on our own hands and act responsibly and be accountable to what we do, that is the start of the 'walk'. As most of us keep complaining and whining behind our computers, it doesn't help anyone except the ruling class- who are out of sync of what we complain about.

Let us start valuing our decisions and consequences that come from our votes. Let us make our leaders (wabunge and et al) be accountable. Let us start make them pay for not delivering...If we can't make them accountable then we should stop complaining....'cause no one, ever will come to our rescue.

We dream of change, but change begins with us. The just ended elections of local govt has put the ruling party back in power at a land slide. Yet same people keep complaining about the ruling party..weird, ain't it ? To add salt to injury, behind all the scandals, the big fishes are left untouched and at the expense of tax payers money. Have we ever imagined that it our money that paid for all the committee crap that end up forming another committee? Imagine this, US$ 35mn paid to briefcase company, not a single kilowatt came out. Yet another sum of about half a million dollars went for the committee that investigated the US$ 35 mn. Do we know how many wooden desks would made for half a million USD? Rough it is over 3000 desks for pr.schools. Yet today, an even 'bigger' committee says everything is fine......Yet we still complain with our sane mind about the way things are going ? Shame on us! If we all think with our sane minds and know what is right and wrong then why don't we act ?

I am not advocating for any party (alternatively) but i think there are very capable people, very abound actually who can steer this country ahead.

If the problem lies in the process of bringing out such talents then let us all fight to change the process.....

Otherwise we should keep at peace.....with whatever that comes along because we are the reason.

Act now. Muwajibishe mbunge wako otherwise forever hold your peace.

Back
Top Bottom