Uhuru says he'll defy Ocampo orders.....................

Rutashubanyuma

JF-Expert Member
Sep 24, 2010
Uhuru says he'll defy Ocampo orders

Updated 21 hr(s) 32 min(s) ago
Related Stories

Uhuru: Ocampo order for the 'wanted six' unrealistic

Rivals gang up to stop Raila

A million-signature drive to back ICC

Why UN will grant Kenya's appeal

We must learn to embrace tolerance

KKK alliance gave Raila a lifeline that he should run away with

By Moses Njagih
Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta says he will ignore an order by International Criminal Court Chief Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo barring the six suspects he has named from holding meetings and consulting.
Mr Uhuru said he could not adhere to the rule that Moreno-Ocampo had imposed on the persons he has named as his post-election violence suspects to face trial at the Hague, as they were unrealistic.
He said it was not possible for him not to hold consultations or interact with those named on the ICC list, as they were people that he constantly associates with.
"How for example does Ocampo expect me not to talk to Francis Muthaura who is the PS in the office of my boss, the President? I am still a minister and I have my duties to do and if they involve the Office of the President, then I will definitely talk to the PS," said Uhuru.
Added the Deputy Prime Minister: "As much as I know, I am not sacked as a minister in the Government, I will have to continue working and talking to those that come within my line of work."
Balanced team
Uhuru was speaking on Tuesday during a radio talk show.
He reiterated his earlier sentiments that politics played a bigger role in Moreno-Ocampo’s decision on who should be in his list, saying it was not a coincidence that the prosecutor opted for three people from each side of the Coalition Government.
"The prosecutor betrayed his actions as mere politics the moment he declared that he would prosecute three people from each side. It begs the question, whether he was looking for a balanced team similar to a football or volleyball one," he said.
On politics, Uhuru declared that he would vie for the presidency in the next General Election. However, he said will be ready to first face off in a nomination with other "like-minded" candidates.
The Finance minister said he was working to unite residents of Central Kenya, saying that only after that can the region’s leaders can reach out to other communities.
He extended an olive branch to Gichugu MP Martha Karua to join other leaders under the PNU coalition, where they will conduct a joint nomination for a presidential candidate.

PHP:
"The prosecutor betrayed his actions as mere politics the moment he declared that he would prosecute three people from each side. It begs the question, whether he was looking for a balanced team similar to a football or volleyball one," he said.

Huu ndyo ukweli wa Ocampo.......................anacheza siasa na maisha ya watu..............................

I have a problem with the whole thing of international justice. But again do we have an alternative? You guessed right!

Miafrika unataka ifanyweje? Iache peke yake uone itakavyochinjana. Africans don't learn from history.

Back
Top Bottom