Two plead guilty to Kampala WC bomb charges

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
KAMPALA

Day Two of plea-taking at the International Crimes Division of the High Court yesterday saw surprises when two suspects pleaded guilty to terrorism and conspiracy to commit terrorism acts, respectively.

Edris Nsubuga and Muhamoud Mugisha are part of 14 suspects facing 92 counts in connection with last year’s Kampala bomb attacks that claimed at least 76 lives and left scores injured.

Nsubuga pleaded guilty to three charges of terrorism but denied counts of murder and attempted murder before Justice Alphonse Owiny-Dolo. He was part of 12 people, including his two brothers, facing 89 charges of terrorism, murder and attempted murder.

Nsubuga, alias Eddy, was charged with his brother Isa Ahmed Luyima, while Muzafar Luyima is facing two counts of being an accessory to terrorism and murder.

The suspect amused court when he raised his hand and asked to speak. He then revealed that he was intimidated by his co-accused on Monday as he sought to plead guilty. “But I was threatened; my friends looked at me and I immediately changed my plea to deny the charges,” Nsubuga told the court.

Muhamoud Mugisha pleaded guilty to the only charge of conspiracy to commit acts of terrorism he faced alone. Justice Owiny-Dolo adjourned the case to today to enable the state prepare the brief facts to allow court determine the fate of the accused persons.

Back
Top Bottom