Uchaguzi 2020 Tundu Lissu is not Presidential Material

Nyani Ngabu

Platinum Member
May 15, 2006
Now that Tundu Lissu has made some progress in his convalescence, it is of no surprise that he has decided to get back into the fray.

He has done several interviews with both foreign and domestic media outlets, he has penned a letter from a Nairobi hospital bed, and lastly held a presser In Nairobi right before his voyage to Belgium. I wonder if we’ll also get a ‘letter from a rehab room in Brussels or wherever he’s at in Belgium. We shall see.

Having done all that, he is also now fair game. It’s now okay to respond to him, to attack him [not physically], to criticize him, etc.

Because he has basically picked up where he left off, I’m starting to hear some folks in certain quarters float his name as a potential 2020 presidential candidate. Perhaps these folks think he has shown he has what it takes to take on JPM in the next presidential contest. That’s fine. Nothing wrong with that. If I were him I’d probably try to parlay the notoriety I’ve gained over these past two years into something bigger, like the presidency.

But I’ve said it so many times, right here and elsewhere, that he is not a presidential material. He is, at best, a political gadfly, and maybe, at worst, a rabble-rouser.

A presidential material, he is not.

Just my two cents from a distance. I wish you all a happy Sunday!

NB: HICHO KICHWA CHA MADA SIYO CHANGU. NI CHA KWAO JAMIIFORUMS. WAMENIBADILISHIA. SIKUBALIANI NA KITENDO CHAO.

Now that Tundu Lissu has made some progress in his convalescence, it is of no surprise that he has decided to get back into the fray.

He has done several interviews with both foreign and domestic media outlets, he has penned a letter from a Nairobi hospital bed, and lastly held a presser In Nairobi right before his voyage to Belgium. I wonder if we’ll also get a ‘letter from a rehab room in Brussels or wherever he’s at in Belgium. We shall see.

Having done all that, he is also now fair game. It’s now okay to respond to him, to attack him [not physically], to criticize him, etc.

Because he has basically picked up where he left off, I’m starting to hear some folks in certain quarters float his name as a potential 2020 presidential candidate. Perhaps these folks think he has shown he has what it takes to take on the JPM in the next presidential contest. That’s fine. Nothing wrong with that. If I were him I’d probably try to parlay the notoriety I’ve gained over these past two years into something bigger, like the presidency.

But I’ve said it so many times, right here and elsewhere, that he is not a presidential material. He is, at best, a political gadfly, and maybe, at worst, a rabble-rouser.

Socrates as the “gadfly” of the state (4thC BC)

Plato in his Apology for the life of Socrates reminds us that all societies need a “gadfly” to sting the “steed” of state into acknowledging its proper duties and obligations:

I am the gadfly of the Athenian people, given to them by God, and they will never have another, if they kill me. And now, Athenians, I am not going to argue for my own sake, as you may think, but for yours, that you may not sin against the God by condemning me, who am his gift to you. For if you kill me you will not easily find a successor to me, who, if I may use such a ludicrous figure of speech, am a sort of gadfly, given to the state by God; and the state is a great and noble steed who is tardy in his motions owing to his very size, and requires to be stirred into life. I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long 1and in all places am always fastening upon you, arousing and persuading and reproaching you. You will not easily find another like me, and therefore I would advise you to spare me.

Full Quote

About this Quotation:

According to the words put into his mouth by Plato, Socrates believed that he had been sent by the gods to act as a “gadfly” to the Athenian state. He saw the state as “a great and noble steed” which had to be reminded of its proper duties. Socrates believed he did this by stinging the steed of state “all day long and in all places”. No wonder it wanted to get rid of him by forcing him to commit suicide!

A stupid reason let rest on stupidity, you haven’t expressed a single reason as to why he shouldn’t be a president but rather expressed your personal feelings and hate towards the man, degrading him, name calling that’s all you are up to and good at !

I’m rightly so to call it stupidity at best!

Listen to former President to thwart your feelings, do you know why he said those words ??

A stupid reason let rest on stupidity, you haven’t expressed a single reason as to why he shouldn’t be a president but rather expressed your personal feelings and hate towards the man, degrading him, name calling that’s all you are up to and good at !

Listen to former President to thwart your feelings, do you know why he said those words ??

Asante Mushi, umeanika vizuri sana. Huyu ni advocate wa hate speech!
Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express “the thought that we hate.” United States v. Schwimmer, 279 U. S. 644, 655 (1929) (Holmes, J., dissenting).[9]

Because he has basically picked up where he left off, I’m starting to hear some folks in certain quarters float his name as a potential 2020 presidential candidate. Perhaps these folks think he has shown he has what it takes to take on the JPM in the next presidential contest. That’s fine. Nothing wrong with that. If I were him I’d probably try to parlay the notoriety I’ve gained over these past two years into something bigger, like the presidency.

dogo. Lissu Yuko Brussels anakutana na delegation ya EU. pia atakutana UN, IMF na Word Bank

kwa heshima aliyonayo ni zaidi ya uraisi wenu wa pale ferry kwenye harufu mbaya.

we pamoja na kuwa mtumwa wa kingereza uchwara, huwezi pata hiyo nafasi ya kukutana viongozi wa dunia.
hata bwanako magu hana ubavu sa kuzungumza na dunia

what are you to judge, nigger??

besides, your argument is starkly devoid of substance.
all what I read above is cheap insults which has all along been typical of you - I mean typical of you few brainless "fugitives" who stupidly think that thing between their ears is better than anyone else's.

rudi kwa Mtogole ujifunze!

Mmmmmm; we forget what we write! Also we forget what others say:
Recall In 2005 you were upbeat, and adamantly that Barack Obama will loose, with your many songsfor John McCain Barack triumphed

Barack himself, in 2016 pointed out arrogantly that Trump would not even smell the POTUS, Donald won it.

Your brother attempted to assainate a politician, violent assassination by WMD is criminal by nature. He was supposed to protect him. That is what the constitution says. Remember that Nyerere could have assassinated a lot but either jailed them or kept them in dentation.

For Lisu this is a starting point, he will not be the URT president today, but your brother in an unlikely event of political turnaround he is going to be jailed

Happy New Year Mr. Ngabu!

Is Magufuli a presidential material, right now in Jan. 2018?

Never mind these couple of years after usurping the throne, factually he is not a presidential material, STILL. And ironically, he himself had admitted it severally, unwittingly!

So for a start Ngabu, currently Tanzania doesn't have a president who is a presidential material.....and boy she do suffer!

Is the current president a presidential material.?

Recall In 2005 you were upbeat, and adamantly that Barack Obama will loose, with your many songsfor John McCain Barack triumphed

Barack himself, in 2016 pointed out arrogantly that Trump would not even smell the POTUS, Donald won it.

Your brother attempted to assainate a politician, violent assassination by WMD is criminal by nature. He was supposed to protect him. That is what the constitution says. Remember that Nyerere could have assassinated a lot but either jailed them or kept them in dentation.

For Lisu this is a starting point, he will not be the URT president today, but your brother in an unlikely event of political turnaround he is going to be jailed
What legacy will "your Brother" leave behind, Nyani Ngabu? Assassinations to his opponents!

Thk u Brother.

Nyani acha utoto, kuwa rais Tanzania hakuhitaji kuongoza kwa ubora, bali kutoa maagizo yoyote utakayo hata bila kujali yanafuata sheria, yanaleta ubora ama mabadiliko yoyote, ili mradi yanatekelezwa basi. Ingekuwa kuna mtihani unafanya ili kupata kipimo cha kuwa rais wangalau ningekuelewa. Hakuna mtanzania yoyote mwenye akili timamu atashindwa kuwa rais, kwani sio kazi ya ujuzi hata kidogo. Sifa kubwa ya kuwa rais Tanzania ni kujua kusoma na kuandika kiswahili. Kiingereza sio lazima. Baada ya kuwa rais ni ww tu kuongoza kutokana na tabia zako binafsi kwani uko juu ya sheria.

dogo. Lissu Yuko Brussels anakutana na delegation ya EU. pia atakutana UN, IMF na Word Bank

kwa heshima aliyonayo ni zaidi ya uraisi wenu wa pale ferry kwenye harufu mbaya.

we pamoja na kuwa mtumwa wa kingereza uchwara, huwezi pata hiyo nafasi ya kukutana viongozi wa dunia.
hata bwanako magu hana ubavu sa kuzungumza na dunia

Hata akienda Vatican akutane na Papa, so what? I won’t change a doggone thing.

He could even live in the Oval Office or the Lincoln bedroom and not a thing would change.

2005 and Barack Obama running for president? I rest my case! You are too stupid.

Happy New Year Mr. Ngabu!

Is Magufuli a presidential material, right now in Jan. 2018?

Never mind these couple of years after usurping the throne, factually he is not a presidential material STILL. And ironically, he himself had admitted it severally, unwittingly!

So for a start Ngabu, currently Tanzania doesn't have a president who is a presidential material.....and boy she do suffer!

Wow....your English is hard! Teh teh teh

Back
Top Bottom