Tanzania's diplomatic priorities

Sijali

JF-Expert Member
Sep 30, 2010
Let me say my jaw hit the floor when I learnt that president SS Hassan did not attend the just-ended US-Africa summit in Washington, choosing instead to stay at home; effectively giving it a two-fingers up.

The vapid schmucks at the Foreign Affairs Ministry have done it again! They failed to provide our mama with correct assessment of the Zeitgeist. It was a complete pig's ear!

Not that I am fond of most of these American African summits; but the timing this time could not have escaped a seasoned diplomat as how important was for mama to attend this one. USA has never been in need of Africa than she is now.

Therefore, it behoves a smart African politician to realise this opportunity with a view to exacting a pound of flesh, economically and diplomatically speaking, on the American administration whose back is on the wall. Alas! Another opportunity has slipped through Tanzanian fingers again, just as so many alike have, in the past.

Kenya has performed brilliantly and played up smart politics with a big dose of razmataz, persuasion and conviction. As such, I expect she will reap abundantly politically and economically (more than 100 Royal tours could!).

Kenya would rightly be designated as the leader and spokesperson of Africa. You mark my words! Good for them for, a sclerotic, amorphous and completely out of touch government should not expect to be rewarded by being dined at a big boys' club.

Infact, talking about development while major opportunities like these are lazily ignored and obscured, is, like playing Hamlet without the Prince!

Ngoja tuingie machimboni kuona ukweli wa habari hii nzito mno.

13 December 2022 Today, Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo met with President Samia Suluhu Hassan of the United Republic of Tanzania at the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit. During their meeting, Secretary Raimondo and President Samia shared progress and updates on a U.S.-Tanzania roadmap for cooperation that will help to create an enabling environment for increased two-way trade and investment between our countries. The Secretary informed President Samia that the Department of Commerce stands ready to work in close cooperation with the government of the United Republic of Tanzania to promote increased bilateral commercial engagement that advances the President’s objectives of inclusive growth and economic development.

The following is attributable to Spokesperson Ned Price:
15 December 2022
During a meeting with Tanzanian Foreign Minister Tax on the margins of the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit in Washington, D.C., Deputy Secretary Wendy Sherman congratulated Foreign Minister Tax on her recent appointment. They discussed our increasing cooperation on information and communications technology, trade, investment, and agriculture. Deputy Secretary Sherman commended Tanzania’s impressive COVID-19 vaccination rate and welcomed our strong bilateral health partnership. The Deputy Secretary and Foreign Minister discussed the importance of strong democratic governance
Source : Africa Leaders Summit - Page 2 of 9 - United States Department of State

2E50BA82-2B7E-4712-B4C4-CB906A929D0F.jpeg

President Samia Suluhu Hassan with US President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden at the White House in Washington on Wednesday. President Hassan was in Washington to attend the second US-Africa Summit. PHOTO | WHITE HOUSE U Sijali

Let me say my jaw hit the floor when I learnt that president SS Hassan did not attend the just-ended US-Africa summit in Washington, choosing instead to stay at home; effectively giving it a two-fingers up.
Dude, you need to get your facts right before you make sweeping statements like this. President SS Hassan attended the meeting and fully participated. This makes your post fake, illogical, and misleading.
Futa huu ujinga.

The vapid schmucks at the Foreign Affairs Ministry have done it again! They failed to provide our mama with correct assessment of the Zeitgeist. It was a complete pig's ear!

Not that I am fond of most of these American African summits; but the timing this time could not have escaped a seasoned diplomat as how important was for mama to attend this one. USA has never been in need of Africa than she is now.

Therefore, it behoves a smart African politician to realise this opportunity with a view to exacting a pound of flesh, economically and diplomatically speaking, on the American administration whose back is on the wall. Alas! Another opportunity has slipped through Tanzanian fingers again, just as so many alike have, in the past.

Kenya has performed brilliantly and played up smart politics with a big dose of razmataz, persuasion and conviction. As such, I expect she will reap abundantly politically and economically (more than 100 Royal tours could!).

Kenya would rightly be designated as the leader and spokesperson of Africa. You mark my words! Good for them for, a sclerotic, amorphous and completely out of touch government should not expect to be rewarded by being dined at a big boys' club.

Infact, talking about development while major opportunities like these are lazily ignored and obscured, is, like playing Hamlet without the Prince!
Haya ndiyo madhara ya kuvutia bangi chooni baada ya kula makande. Shenzi zako mtoa mada

Your post is false, She attended the meeting and fully participated, even taking a picture with President Biden. The photo was widely circulated on the internet for everyone to see. next time ensure your facts are correct before posting incorrect information

KABLA YA KUJIBU HII MADA PITIENI JAMII CHECK, UKASUKU UTAWATUMBUKIZA KORONGONI.

Sasa yule Mama aliyekuwa upande wa kulia mwisho katika picha ya pamoja na Raisi wa Marekani alikuwa nani....Jamii check please.

...hata hivyo alifanya Loyal tua.

Back
Top Bottom