Tanzania: Stewart Hall Named Zanzibar Heroes Coach

Oxlade-Chamberlain

JF-Expert Member
May 26, 2009
Dar Es Salaam — ENGLISH coach Stewart Hall has been appointed as new Zanzibar Heroes coach on a five-year contract.
He was unveiled to the media on Wednesday in Zanzibar in a brief ceremony attended by various Zanzibar Football Association (ZFA) officials. ZFA president Ali Ferej Tamim said his association managed to hire the services of Hall following close co-peration from Global Scouting Bureau (GSB) under Jack Pemba and Future Century Limited (FCL).

"We have always depended on the government to help the association hire the foreign coach, but this time around we are pleased that GSB and FCL came in to offer assistance," said Tamim.
He was not ready to reveal the package involved in hiring the high profile tactician. UEFA Instructor Stewart, showed his affection to Taifa Stars of Tanzania, and was tipped to be one of the hot contenders to replace the outgoing Brazilian, Marcio Maximo's post but could not make it to the final shortlist and the post eventually went to Danish Jan Borge Poulsen (64).
A former national coach of Trinidad & Tobago and St. Vincent & The Grenades, Hall is the coach of coaches respected by Roy Keane, Gareth Southgate, Steve Staunton and Tony Adams. He is the man who trained millionaire professional, Fulham's Andrew Johnson and Craig Fagan of Hull City
In 2007, Stewart was in Tanzania for coaching interview but lady luck was on Maximo. Then he came back along with John Barnes, Warren Barton and Les Ferdinand for Tanzania's football development charity game.
"I love new challenges, this is why I came here. It's a long term programme because I'll not deal with coaching alone. I'll also use my expertise to help impart knowledge to local coaches. I'll also work to unearth new talents and see to it that they prosper to the top level," he said.
Before joining Zanzibar Heroes, Hall guided India side Pune FC to top division but they parted ways last year. Tamim said Hall will be as local coaches -- Hemed Suleiman 'Morocco' and Ally Kidi who will work on voluntary basis.

Tanzania Daily News

hivi hawa Zanzibar Fifa si wawatambue tu nakuwapa nafasi kama wales wanavyopewa na wenzake?

Back
Top Bottom