Suspected Masaka adulterer beheaded

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
By Ali Mambule

RESIDENTS of Mabaale LCI Kiragga parish in Masaka district were yesterday morning shocked when they found the body of one of their fellow villager with the neck slit and private parts cut off.

The area LCI chairman, Joseph Nkulire, identified the deceased as Peter Kiwanuka, 35.

His body was found abandoned in a thicket near a community centre.

The Masaka deputy CID chief, Stephen Etyang, said he suspected the man to have been killed while committing adultery.

“We have recovered knickers and a half-petty belonging to an unidentified woman. I think the deceased was making love with that woman and someone killed him in the process,” Etyang explained to The New Vision.

He suspected the woman managed to escape from the assailants when they got hold of Kiwanuka.

The victim was half-dressed with his trousers and underpants around the knees.

His assailants tied a piece of cloth around his eyes and mouth and used a sharp object to cut his throat, right hand and other parts of his body.

Wilson Lugobya, who resides near the community centre, said he came across Kiwanuka’s body on Wednesday morning as he was taking his cows to graze.

“When I saw someone lying by the community centre building, I decided to go and find out what he was doing there so early,” he said.

“I was shocked when I realised that his neck had been cut and the private parts had been chopped off,” he said.

He immediately made an alarm that attracted other residents who in turn called the officer in charge of Lwabenge Police post, James Nandu.

A Police sniffer dog was taken to the scene but failed to trace the suspects since residents had already tampered with the trail.

Nandu told The New Vision that Kiwanuka was last seen by his relatives at about 8:30pm when he went back home to check on his sick wife, Madrine Twongyere. He left for Kiragga trading centre shortly afterwards.

Kiwanuka’s body was carried to Masaka Hospital for a postmortem examination.

"...Ndoa na iheshimiwe na watu wote..."
Aziniye na mwanamke hana akili kabisa!

Back
Top Bottom