[h=2]Stat by stat.[/h]

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Agriculture stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Agriculture stats[/h]
Agricultural growth 108 101

Ranked 77th. 7% more than Tanzania Ranked 98th.

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Agriculture stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Crime stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Crime stats[/h]
Prisoners > Per capita 111.0 per 100,000 people 116.0 per 100,000 people

Ranked 78th. Ranked 75th. 5% more than Kenya
Prisoners 35,278 prisoners 43,244 prisoners

Ranked 36th. Ranked 30th. 23% more than Kenya

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Crime stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Economy stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Economy stats[/h]
GDP $41,480,000,000.00 $29,640,000,000.00

Ranked 91st in 2006. 40% more than Tanzania Ranked 101st in 2006.
GDP (per capita) $1,180.31 per capita $750.82 per capita

Ranked 165th in 2006. 57% more than Tanzania Ranked 177th in 2006.
GDP > PPP $34,504,000,000.00 $24,181,000,000.00

Ranked 82nd. 43% more than Tanzania Ranked 95th.

Human Development Index 0.474 0.418

Ranked 155th. 13% more than Tanzania Ranked 165th.

Economic freedom 1.9 1.65

Ranked 89th. 15% more than Tanzania Ranked 110th.
Gross National Income $10,657,900,000.00 $9,410,930,000.00

Ranked 75th. 13% more than Tanzania Ranked 79th.

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Economy stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Education stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Education stats[/h]
Average years of schooling of adults 4.2 2.7

Ranked 73rd. 56% more than Tanzania Ranked 86th.

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Education stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Energy stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Energy stats[/h]
Gasoline prices 1.16 1.23

Ranked 48th. Ranked 40th. 6% more than Kenya

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Energy stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Environment stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Environment stats[/h]
CO2 Emissions 10,191 2,695.2

Ranked 87th. 3 times more than Tanzania Ranked 118th.

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Environment stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Government stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Government stats[/h]
Corruption

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Government stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Language stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Language stats[/h]
English speakers 0 0

Ranked 47th. Ranked 48th.

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Language stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Media stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Media stats[/h]
Televisions 730,000 103,000

Ranked 92nd. 6 times more than Tanzania Ranked 132nd.

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Media stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan Military stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian Military stats[/h]
Expenditures > Dollar figure (per capita) $5.29 per capita $0.55 per capita

Ranked 68th in 2004. 9 times more than Tanzania Ranked 85th in 2004.
Expenditures > Dollar figure $177,100,000.00 $20,600,000.00

Ranked 37th in 2004. 8 times more than Tanzania Ranked 72nd in 2004.

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all Military stats

[h=3]
thumb.php
Kenyan People stats[/h]
[h=3]
thumb.php
Tanzanian People stats[/h]
Population in 2015 44,194 45,598

Ranked 30th. Ranked 28th. 3% more than Kenya

Compare Kenya and Tanzania for all People stats

[h=4]COMPARE Kenya TO:[/h] [h=4]COMPARE Tanzania TO:[/h]

Jamani Katiba mpya ya Kenya wameruhusu DUAL CITIZENSHIP?

Mimi naenda Kenya kuomba Uraia niachane na UJINGA wa Wadanganyika.

Kwaherini Wadanganyika niliipenda Tanganyika lakini Nimeipenda ZAIDI Kenya.

ROFL hahahha! Wadanganyika!!! Thats a nice one!

Mko juu aisee! mmeendelea sana kumbe,mko kama south africa sasa na watu wanamaisha mazuri sana kuliko Tz,mna heri sana kila kitu kizuri nyie ndiyo mnacho. mko juu isipokua vile vibaya Tanzania ndiyo tuko juu! wakenya watu wazuri sana wala siyo watu wa kujisifu kabisa aisee! du safi sanaaa kenya oyeeeee! nyie ndiyo wenyewe east africa hapa!

Ukijaribu kuangalia hizi statistics, tofauti inyojitokeza ni ndogo sana, kiasi kwamba wote tunakua katika hali moja tu ya maisha hakuna tofauti kubwa ya kuanza kujisifia nani ni bora kuliko mwenzake..

Background (or 'Why did you make this site?')

The idea for NationMaster arose as I was surfing around the CIA World Factbook. It's a great read but I felt the individual figures (like number of TV's, or kilometres of coastline) didn't mean much on their own. They'd be more illuminating if they were placed alongside other countries and shown relative to population.

So I decided to put together a website that allowed users to generate graphs based on numerical data extracted from the Factbook. The next (rather obvious) realisation was that there's no reason I couldn't take in data from other sources. Why shouldn't the net have a central location that allows you to compare countries on any statistic you like?

But why did I do it? To promote education and understanding about the world. To make it easy to engage with the indicators that shape global commerce, health, politics and ecology. To make the facts easily accessible and meaningful. To bring the works of academics, public agencies and private researchers to a wider audience.

One intended use for this site is, during debates in discussion groups, people link to comparisons of specific countries. I hope students, educators and librarians will find the site a useful teaching aide. More generally, I hope the figures will spark people's interest and they'll want to read more.

-- Luke Metcalfe, Manager / Developer

About Us

This website was created by Rapid Intelligence, a web technology company based in Sydney, Australia. We produce original sites that provide people with unique views of content.

All statistics on this site are cited. If you are concerned about authenticity and authorship, please view the "Source:" field, found below each graph. Or when viewing country statistics, click the "View with citations" link below the bottom of the page.

If you have any comments or queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

For a review of NationMaster, go to the Reviews Page, or click on the links below:

Nielsen//NetRatings Top 10 Fastest Growing Educational Reference Sites.
(Note: this is a PDF file. If you do not have a PDF Reader, please click here for a free download.)

NationMaster's review from the American Library Association.

NationMaster acknowledged by Canada's Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade as one of their Internet Gems.

Harvard Business School's review of NationMaster.

One of AskMen.com's Best & Coolest Sites Around.

Dry Facts Transformed into Entertainment, a review by the Christian Science Monitor.

Top100Science.com names NationMaster as the 60th Best Science Site on the Net.

J-Net's Best Websites for Journalists: NationMaster, Pick of the Week.

What People are Saying

NationMaster has been reviewed by several major media outlets, including the New York Times, CNN, and The Christian Science Monitor. We have recently been given the nod by Nielsen/NetRatings as one of the fastest growing educational sites on the web, and rated by Top100Science.com as the 60th best science site on the net.

Go to our Reviews Page to see what more people are saying about NationMaster.
NationMaster - Mission Statement

Anaye-quote nationmaster lazma anapumuliwa mgongoni kwa kuwa na akili mbovu za kuacha credible sources kama IMF na WB

Kumbe si Kenya si Tanzania hatuongei kidhungu?
Sasa kwanini tunatishiana vilugha vyao hivyo???
Tuongee zetu kiswahili. English yenyewe hatuijui
Na hata tukidhani tunaijua, huko wanaona sio...

Big up Kenyans.
Tanzania needs to borrow a leaf or two from Kenya on economic advancement.

nilivyoingia Kenya Politics there's this line that caught my eye: Serious discussions on Kenyan Politics
waiting to be immeasurably impressed by my kenyan counterparts, am shocked that the very first thread I've come across is a stat for kenyas and tanzanians stats. not how these two countries are fighting, naay, combating the very evils that threaten to purge us into darkness but rather a machoistic d**k swinging match. "my d**k is bigger than urs" aye, it might be bigger but then again, its not the biggest in the world, is it? so, why the comparison? what the dickens does the rate of robbery in kenya and tanzania do for anyone? pray do tell me why we need stats that compare prisoners per capita? it would have made for a more interesting read (and more educational btw) if you'd talked about the reforms going on in the prisons of both aforementioned countries. are u proud that ur country is ranked a wee bit higher than ur neighbours that u so wistfully neglet to notice that its not such a proud position to be at in the first place? is it enough that u are much better than your neighbours such that it doesnt really matter where you are currently @?
if this is what constitutes Kenyan Politics, I must say chaps, you've still got quite the way to go in maturity
leh

nilivyoingia Kenya Politics there's this line that caught my eye: Serious discussions on Kenyan Politics
waiting to be immeasurably impressed by my kenyan counterparts, am shocked that the very first thread I've come across is a stat for kenyas and tanzanians stats. not how these two countries are fighting, naay, combating the very evils that threaten to purge us into darkness but rather a machoistic d**k swinging match. "my d**k is bigger than urs" aye, it might be bigger but then again, its not the biggest in the world, is it? so, why the comparison? what the dickens does the rate of robbery in kenya and tanzania do for anyone? pray do tell me why we need stats that compare prisoners per capita? it would have made for a more interesting read (and more educational btw) if you'd talked about the reforms going on in the prisons of both aforementioned countries. are u proud that ur country is ranked a wee bit higher than ur neighbours that u so wistfully neglet to notice that its not such a proud position to be at in the first place? is it enough that u are much better than your neighbours such that it doesnt really matter where you are currently @?
if this is what constitutes Kenyan Politics, I must say chaps, you've still got quite the way to go in maturity
leh

erm...the thread starter (and most of the contributers to this thread) is a Tanzanian so I don't think this thread really say anything about the maturity (or lack of) of Kenyan politics...in fact it doesn't say anything about Kenyan politics except some Tanzanian's perceptions of Kenya/ns. Your rant is misplaced!

P.S. It is virtually impossible to have a "serious discussion" on anything Kenyan on this forum. Try it and see what happens!

• Thanks
Reactions: leh
kshaka I am not ranting about the politics but rather the thread starter and his accomplices.

I like your *Post Script*, its not just in this forum that a lack of seriousness is lacking, its widespread all over the whole site, which is why I've been only hitting this one forum Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum helping as much as I can. today, with nowt better to do I decide to explore the 'seemingly' more serious forums around thus you can imagine my dissapointment when this here thread was what welcomed me.

I have alot of respect for all kenyans, that they are way level-headed and mature than my fellow countrymen (yes I think tanzanians with the exception of a few elites like me :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: are really immature) and not to mention industrious makes me like them. am not here to sing kenyans praises lol, but yes I hold you lot in the highest regard (again without the few that are just as immature as can be).

My rant was therefore not against the forum nor against kenyans but against the thread starter. shame, and again I say shame to him

c uende ukaolewe na Mkenya? Hapo vp?

Nenda tu si hapo karibu unafika hata kwa miguu? ni kawaida kupishana mipakani we unaenda wenzio wanakuja

Back
Top Bottom