South Sudan 'agrees to $8bn deal' with China

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
South Sudan 'agrees $8bn deal with China'

sud_oil.gif

Officials in South Sudan say China has agreed to loan it $8bn (£4.9bn) for major development projects.

A government spokesman said funds would be used to build roads, bridges and telecom networks, and to develop agriculture and hydro-electric power.

However, there was no mention of plans to build a new pipeline to export oil from the newly independent state.

News of the deal emerged after South Sudan's president returned from his first official trip to China.

His visit came amid a flare-up in the dispute between the two Sudans over the oil-rich Heglig border region.

China imports the bulk of oil output from the two countries.

It wants to maintain good relations both with Sudan - a long-time ally - and with the South, which acquired the lion's share of the region's oil production when it seceded in July 2011 after decades of conflict.

Since then, South Sudan's relations with Sudan have been tense - primarily over the division of oil reserves and the full definition of borders.

South Sudan Information Minister Barnaba Mariel Benjamin told the BBC's Focus on Africa programme that the Chinese wanted to help develop the country.

"There are no strings attached to it," he said.

"You know we are beginning from zero but we have enormous resources. At least [if] the resources are developed, I'm sure it will be for the benefit of the people of South Sudan, and the region and internationally."

The Chinese funding would be provided over the coming two years, and projects would be conducted by Chinese firms.

In January, South Sudan shut down oil production, which provides 98% of its revenue, after Khartoum impounded South Sudanese oil shipments amid a dispute over transit fees.

It currently relies on pipelines to seaports in Sudan to export the oil. It is proposing a new pipeline that would take oil to an Indian Ocean port rather than north to Sudan.

BBC News - South Sudan 'agrees $8bn deal with China'

What is a rationale of constructing a pipeline from Juba to Lamu while the crude is extracted from further North (around Heglig...?)

What is a rationale of constructing a pipeline from Juba to Lamu while the crude is extracted from further North (around Heglig...?)

brother seems you are not versed with geo politics. the pipeline to lamu is very vital since it serves as an alternative route should sudan block oil from the south they do not have to worry. i.e you can not put all eggs in one basket

brother seems you are not versed with geo politics. the pipeline to lamu is very vital since it serves as an alternative route should sudan block oil from the south they do not have to worry. i.e you can not put all eggs in one basket

Take a look again @ the picture below, why the proposed pipeline ends/begin in Juba (while the crude is extracted from far North)? does it take a geo-politician to spot a missing link?:amen:
sud_oil.gif

am afraid my good friend you do not get it my point is simple would you trust an enemy to safeguard your oil transport? that is why south has to find an alternative rout. surely you do not have to be very learned to see that. i respect your level of education though even if i studied in advanced kenya

am afraid my good friend you do not get it my point is simple would you trust an enemy to safeguard your oil transport? that is why south has to find an alternative rout. surely you do not have to be very learned to see that. i respect your level of education though even if i studied in advanced kenya

CURRENTLY THE ARAB WORLD ARE EXPLICITLY SUPPORTING THEIR NORTHEN SUDANESE FRIED to fight southern sudan. Why Kenya , Tanzania and Uganda are not supporting their southern sudanese brother who shared the same colour of skins? Should we abandon him and leave the arabs countries keep condemn them? That is not right, uh guys!

No one is questioning your level of education (advanced Kenya:A S shade:), no one is here to argue just for the sake of it, let objectivity rein the discussion.

My question is, how will crude be transported from the fields up in the North to Juba....? (the missing link)....
sud_oil.gif

No one is questioning your level of education (advanced Kenya:A S shade:), no one is here to argue just for the sake of it, let objectivity rein the discussion.

My question is, how will crude be transported from the fields up in the North to Juba....? (the missing link)....
sud_oil.gif

brother do not correct my typos and do not worry that oil will be transported by tankers to juba bantu you have a sense of pride of a std. seven teacher

sud_oil.gif

bantugbro said:
brother do not correct my typos and do not worry that oil will be transported by tankers to juba bantu you have a sense of pride of a std. seven teacher

That is a very poor rationale....

Stop exposing your lack of proper education by attacking and insulting others for NO reason!, you must learn the art of discussing issues maturely and objectively..this is JF (we have tolerated your ilk for some time now).:amen:

sud_oil.gif

That is a very poor rationale....

Stop exposing your lack of proper education by attacking and insulting others for NO reason!, you must learn the art of discussing issues maturely and objectively..this is JF (we have tolerated your ilk for some time now).:amen:

why the anger whats wrong with being a seventh grader teacher and stop trying to intimidate me read my signature duh! i like you though you post sense alot

why the anger whats wrong with being a seventh grader teacher and stop trying to intimidate me read my signature duh! i like you though you post sense alot

Nairobery,

Please stop trolling this thread with your childish posts, step-up your game and start to be objective we are discussing S. Sudanese loan and their crude NOT people.

Rookies will never learn.:hat:

Nairobery,

Please stop trolling this thread with your childish posts, step-up your game and start to be objective we are discussing S. Sudanese loan and their crude NOT people.

Rookies will never learn.:hat:

sawa kiongozi kamanda bottom line south sudan oil will pass thru kenya the only reason you are asking all these is you are jealous about kenya gain

South Sudan 'agrees $8bn deal with China'

sud_oil.gif

Officials in South Sudan say China has agreed to loan it $8bn (£4.9bn) for major development projects.

A government spokesman said funds would be used to build roads, bridges and telecom networks, and to develop agriculture and hydro-electric power.

However, there was no mention of plans to build a new pipeline to export oil from the newly independent state.

News of the deal emerged after South Sudan's president returned from his first official trip to China.

His visit came amid a flare-up in the dispute between the two Sudans over the oil-rich Heglig border region.

It wants to maintain good relations both with Sudan - a long-time ally - and with the South, which acquired the lion's share of the region's oil production when it seceded in July 2011 after decades of conflict.

Since then, South Sudan's relations with Sudan have been tense - primarily over the division of oil reserves and the full definition of borders.

South Sudan Information Minister Barnaba Mariel Benjamin told the BBC's Focus on Africa programme that the Chinese wanted to help develop the country.

"There are no strings attached to it," he said.

"You know we are beginning from zero but we have enormous resources. At least [if] the resources are developed, I'm sure it will be for the benefit of the people of South Sudan, and the region and internationally."

The Chinese funding would be provided over the coming two years, and projects would be conducted by Chinese firms.

In January, South Sudan shut down oil production, which provides 98% of its revenue, after Khartoum impounded South Sudanese oil shipments amid a dispute over transit fees.

It currently relies on pipelines to seaports in Sudan to export the oil. It is proposing a new pipeline that would take oil to an Indian Ocean port rather than north to Sudan.

BBC News - South Sudan 'agrees $8bn deal with China'

China inaanza kufanana na wale wanaume wa Mombasa. Ukipewa "lunch" lazima ulipie....

CURRENTLY THE ARAB WORLD ARE EXPLICITLY SUPPORTING THEIR NORTHEN SUDANESE FRIED to fight southern sudan. Why Kenya , Tanzania and Uganda are not supporting their southern sudanese brother who shared the same colour of skins? Should we abandon him and leave the arabs countries keep condemn them? That is not right, uh guys!

You are totally mistaken, more Arabs are of dark skinned color, An Arab is identified lingual and not by his skin color. Have you watched Today's soccer match between Simba and Ahly Shandy? those are Arabs from Sudan, have you seen a light skinned one among them?

You may just put it simply by saying your brothers in belief.

Yaani we acha tu, kwa hiyo China wanakula kotekote (North na South?)

Ndo maana yake. Kwao kitu muhimu ni mafuta na siyo matatizo yenu ya kujitakia. by the way China inaweza ikawauzia wote silaha ili wapigane vizuri. Mwisho wa siku anatoka na mafuta na biashara yenye neema ya silaha.

Ndo maana yake. Kwao kitu muhimu ni mafuta na siyo matatizo yenu ya kujitakia. by the way China inaweza ikawauzia wote silaha ili wapigane vizuri. Mwisho wa siku anatoka na mafuta na biashara yenye neema ya silaha.

Hawa jamaa zetu wa South ndio wako vulnerable zaidi, sasa hebu nielimishe hayo mafuta yanachimbwa kule Kaskazini kabisa na bomba wanalotaka kujenga linaanzia Juba kuelekea Lamu, je hapo katikati mafuta yatasafirishwaje?

sud_oil.gif

sawa kiongozi kamanda bottom line south sudan oil will pass thru kenya the only reason you are asking all these is you are jealous about kenya gain

keep dreaming the Chinese have told Kiir to forget a thing about LAPSSET! that US$ 8 bio. has kept him quiet

keep dreaming the Chinese have told Kiir to forget a thing about LAPSSET! that US$ 8 bio. has kept him quiet
China hawataki kuharibu uhusiano wao na North kwa hiyo hiyo pesa ni kama kipooza jasho kwa jamaa wa South ili mambo yaendelee kama zamani...

Hawa jamaa zetu wa South ndio wako vulnerable zaidi, sasa hebu nielimishe hayo mafuta yanachimbwa kule Kaskazini kabisa na bomba wanalotaka kujenga linaanzia Juba kuelekea Lamu, je hapo katikati mafuta yatasafirishwaje?

sud_oil.gif
Bantugbro,

Mkuu unapoint japo huyu Nairoberry haoni unachouuliza.

What I believe will happen ni kwamba hii construction itakua mara mbili. Lazima kutatengezwa bomba
kutoka huko Heglig hadi Juba afu pia kutakua na hio ya Juba hadi Lamu.

Geza Ulole, has raised an interesting point about the chinese trying to be hash hash with this construction thing.
I have no idea why. Kisha pia tukumbuke kua Mchina anataka afaidi kotekote na hii dili ya mafuta na kuuza
silaha.

Kazi ipo!

Back
Top Bottom