Sorry, it is still a PC world !

PlanckScale

JF-Expert Member
Sep 28, 2008
Time to time when I am researching for new gadget to buy, I always read the lowest ranking opinions that people post about a device. Many times these negative comments come from MAC users as they experience incompatibility or just extra steps to make things work in their environment.

With the increase of MAC PDAs and laptops usage, these new entrants are finding their "world" to be incompatible to the real (PC) world. This is the reality; most applications and device drivers are still predominantly PC biased. Furthermore, the MAC industry still insist on staying proprietary, which make the MAC world even more isolated. But, I must admit the new MAC gadgets look good. I almost a Mini Mac for audio playback!

Your opinion, please.....

just what are you talking about?

Just trying to create a discussion on the increasing use of MAC computers and the compatibility issue they face since many mainstream applications are not yet MAC friendly. Recently, I have been looking to buy a laser color printer and was reading negative opinion of some users only to realize their complaints were mainly MAC {compatibility] related such as driver not working ans so forth. I use a PC, so that was a non issue.

As I said, the Mini MAC PC is pretty good for audio playback (low noise, and less EMF), but I am still on the face when it comes to Apple gadgets...

Back
Top Bottom