Real Madrid (‎Los Blancos) | Special Thread

Our 20-man squad for the trip to Barcelona to face RCD Espanyol

Dx6CZZrWwAES_M4.jpg

MARCA: From Dani Carvajal to Alvaro Odriozola and back again, if Real Madrid have got something right this season, it is covering the right flank with the addition of the ex-Real Sociedad man.

Santiago Solari has two right-back players good enough to start and it allows him to rotate without concern, he can do so without fear and knows that both will make an impact.

Carvajal will return to the starting line-up against Espanyol and his position as first choice is undisputed after an injury hit start to the season, starting in both LaLiga Santander and the Champions League, though he knows Odriozola will be waiting for his opportunity.

Dx4nNpeVAAAAYmj.jpg

Real Madrid’s locker-room doesn’t hesitate to point out Vinicius as one of the keys to how the team has changed positively. He’s viewed by his teammates as a future superstar. Apart from his talent, the club and his teammates appreciate how humble he is. [MARCA]

51240519_1841336195978609_8209575569621254144_n.jpg

Santiago Solari's Pre-Match Presser:

"Right from the off, we'll need to perform just as we have done in our last two games: with the utmost focus and concentration to keep our performance levels up."

"It's the most important game of the season because it's our next one. Espanyol have got real pace up top and they've got some players who aren't available for this one."

Vinicius Jr
"We're delighted that he plays the way he does, each player has their own strengths".
"With the support of the more experienced players, he's able to go out and showcase his talent in every game. We have to continue to look after him and make sure that his progress isn't halted".
"Karim Benzema has been around a long time and has had a lot of highs throughout his career. He's in great form and is having a brilliant season. The way he understands the game and the effort he puts in make him a very generous player."
"The players are committed, focused and are working every single day with a smile on their faces. It's not easy when you've got a big squad and all of them want to play every game."
Gareth Bale recovery
"The players that are recovering are working their way back to fitness and we want them to be at 100%. He's a fantastic footballer and we're delighted to have him back".
Team's fitness levels
"The players' heart and soul is at the centre of each project and there are a lot of factors that determine whether you're in good form: fitness, tactics and the emotional side of things".

50875297_1841571199288442_4985361590657220608_n.jpg

Real Madrid squad vs. Espanyol. - Players OUT:

• Keylor Navas (injured)
• Alvaro Odriozola (tactical)
• Fede Valverde (tactical)
• Jesus Vallejo (injured)
• Marco Asensio (injured)
• Mariano (injured)

Bale called up. My guess is Vinicius & Vazquez start on the wings. Bale to come on in the 2nd half to replace one of them. Can’t see Solari just slotting in Bale from the start as he’s only just come back from injury. Good to see players starting to come back.

Alvaro Morata on signing for Atletico Madrid: “I’m happy to be in Madrid. I started playing at Atletico. The people who know where I come from know my history. They know what this means to me.”

Dx7e3UaVsAAZz8E.jpg

2018/2019 Man of the Match Awards:

• Vinicius Jr - 4
• Courtois - 3
• Benzema - 3
• Modric - 2
• Llorente - 2
• Bale - 2
• Asensio - 2
• Kroos - 1
• Carvajal - 1
• Marcelo - 1
• Ramos - 1

MARCA: Bale returned to training on Saturday with his teammates and proved to be fully recovered but Solari will not rush him as he sees a potential Copa semi-final and the Champions League clash with Ajax as a greater priority.

AS: Real Madrid will offer Sergio Reguilon a new contract with a pay-raise as a reward for his brilliant work this season.

Dx7rYdGUUAEcdgD.jpg

Real Madrid XI 🆚 Espanyol.

Courtois

Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Reguilón.

Casemiro, Modric, Kroos.

Lucas Vázquez, VInícius Júnior, Benzema.

REAL MADRID BENCH:

• Luca Zidane
• Nacho
• Bale
• Marcelo
• Llorente
• Isco
• Ceballos

Back
Top Bottom