Open Source softwate in advertisment marketplace

kotinkarwak

JF-Expert Member
Aug 5, 2010
For our budding 3D artists and advertisement professionals, please see what can be achieved using zero cost software.Red Color | BlenderNationCompany writes: Made with Blender 2.6, GIMP and Inkscape on Ubuntu GNU/Linux.Beyond need for artistic creativity, reading the comments posted for the video highlights the need for collaboration of the experts to achieve such a well worked out campaign in a couple of weeks.

As for Blender, it is principally as equally powerful as other commercial 3D animation softwares like Maya, Cinema 4D, Houdini etc. And for sure you can achieve almost the same effects with any of the professional level softwares. This kills the argument as for which software is the best. As far as I am concerned I have found Blender difficult to learn. I tried Maya and could not quickly achieve the level I wanted. Gave 3ds Max a try.... yeah at least I started doing something.. After trying Maxon Cinema 4D I could not go back to Maya and his friends though I am still a beginner. There is extremely much to learn when it comes to 3D world.

I gave up on that... May be I will go back in a while!

I spent sometime on sidefx's Houdini PLE, tied up my mind in all the networks required to achieve a given effect, but I assume, It was my mindset having played with Blender and a bit with cinema4D, I was not getting the logic required to work with Houdini.I stumbled upon Blender when it was at its infancy, and over the years can see that it has developed much faster (features) than the commercial offerings and believe will in a couple of years be a true contender in the 3D pipeline of even the major film houses.

HT:

Don't give up... Look it over one more time and hopefully things will fall into place. I am a beginner as well and the fascination on how 3D assets can be created and used in live footage is what I am striving to learn.

As for the video example given, I can simply assume that, there is a market to spruce up the adverts shown in the local media (TV) and also juzz up the web adverts that appear in the many blogs targeting TZ market.

3D. As the name suggests, I think you ar nuts about 3D, and hope to see some fruit of your toil soon...

• Thanks
Reactions: 3D.
I will give it a go again once I have some time. 3D i will be excited to see them but now I'm in mobile!

• Thanks
3D:

That's an amazing portfolio given that you just started your journey in the 3D world. It sure is more than what I can say I have done so far and it gives me the push to make my way around this exciting world. Maybe we can explore some learning/education ideas I had in mind as small projects to get things started.

Thank's too for the mention of your youtube channel, duly bookmarked!!!!

Just watched "cycles" new features in blender from a blenderguru last night and was like. "I am in the wrong industry, need to refocus my attention to 3D".

HT: Make time, and increase the number of 3d artists in our region. You might need some graphic assets for your mobile front end's and maybe a game too... All the best anyway...

KK,
What inspired me to try Blender was an animation "Elephants Dream"
[video=vimeo;1132937]http://vimeo.com/1132937[/video]
which I found very interesting. The advantage of Open Source software like Blender is that there are so many technical contributors hence the software gets frequent updates and improvements. I know Blender society is trying hard to make the software easy to use.

@HT
Give it a second chance. I almost gave up before I changed my mind. Will give Blender a try sometime later.

would you recommend tutorial you found easiest yet fun to follow? I have big project and I have small small small(i wonder if I'm still writing english) time but if it is funny it is worthy another try!

try vimeo.com, and search for blender 3D.
One chap who delivers concise videos is Oliver Villar Diz on Vimeo. Great tutorials.
blenderguru.com also has great ones but his pace sometimes assumes prior knowledge of blender.
On vimeo, I even challenge myself to sit through those made in Russian or French just to confirm for myself what are the steps the tut is covering.
Other notable ones are
KOPILOT on Vimeo
and blender.org own tutorials.

• Thanks
would you recommend tutorial you found easiest yet fun to follow? I have big project and I have small small small(i wonder if I'm still writing english) time but if it is funny it is worthy another try!

There are so many tutorials on YouTube and Vimeo.com for almost all 3D programs. For Cinema 4D check on Greyscalegorilla.com, motionworks.com.au, c4dcafe.com and from these you will get many more other links. However, I may need to point one thing.. you need to give it enough time (not when you are tired!) to learn & practice. Best wishes.

1. Here I was trying to simulate simple curtain movement

I don't understand most of what you guys are saying hapa.... BUT the Great thing is that I do know of 3D and it's technology for the first time had astounded me...... Thus kind of interested.... Of all your trials the above is the one I have liked more'

I have read something of a cinema 4D... What exactly is that? A newer version of 3D or something completely dependent?

3D No wonder you have been lost for sometime hapa at JF, with such results.... Great and impressive work and it makes me proud that we too as a nation have a promising future in the field of young intelligent and hard working guys out there. Curious thou were you able to complete that project (you mentioned 3/4 months ago); Was really looking forward to the feed back.

Last edited by a moderator:
AshaDii,

MAXON CINEMA 4D.

Cinema 4D is a 3D modelling and animation software developed by a German company Maxon Gmbh. The 4D in its name has nothing to do with "Fourth Dimension" and has no technological implication as far as the software is concerned. Likewise, the word Cinema in its name has no any particular relation with cinema/film/movie, it's simply a name (If you get confused and buy it - thinking it is more advanced - then that is good to their business!!). Maxon may have a reason to call it Cinema 4D but those reasons, as far as I know, do not make it more advanced than other 3D softwares that like Maya, Lightwave 3D, Blender 3D, Autodesk Maya etc. And for real Autodesk Maya it judged as the most advanced 3D animation software and most of the best selling movies' 3D effects are created using Maya. But it's relatively difficult to learn.

3D vs 3D STEREOSCOPY

Ikiwa umetazama sinema kama Shrek, Finding Nemo, SharkTale etc (nazungumzia sinema za katuni za 3D) katika DVD au TV ya kawaida basi hiyo ni 3D na si 3D Stereoscopy. 3D stereoscopy ni teknolojia mpya (si mpya kiviiile..well ni mpya) katika sinema ambapo watazamaji huvaa miwani maalum ili waweze kuona vizuri kwa namna iliyokusudiwa. Teknolojia hii hufanya characters/objects katika sinema zionekane kuwa na spaces/gaps kati yao kwa muonekano unaokaribia kuwa kama macho ya kawaida yaonavyo. Ukitazama sinema hizi vitu vilivyo mbali huonekana kuwa mbali kweli na vilivyo karibu huonekana kuwa karibu sana kiasi kwamba unaweza ukadhani hutazami sinema bali unaona dunia ya kweli. Gari likiwa linakuja unaweza ukashawishika kulikwepa ukidhani unagongwa. Mlimani City huonesha sinema hizi mara kadhaa (Nadhani karibu kila wiki). Binafsi naamini hata umaarufu wa Avatar ya James Cameron umekuzwa sana na muonekano mzuri katika 3D stereoscopy. Sipati picha ile milima inayoning'inia inaonekanaje? Itakuwa poa sana.

Titanic inatoka mwaka huu (kama sijakosea) katika IMAX 3D (3D Stereoscopy). Hivyo 3D stereoscopy ni namna ya kupresent visuals na inaapply kwa sinema zilizofanywa kwa 3D animation au 2D ya kawaida kama ya kushoot kwa camera. Hata hivyo kuna namna maalum ya kuandaa sinema za kushoot kama kutumia camera mbili at one time zikiwa zimewekwa katika special distance between then au kutumia kamera zenye lenzi/apecha (aperture) mbili. Kubadilisha sinema iliyokwisharekodiwa kama Titanic kuwa katika 3D stereoscopy inahitaji utaalamu maalum wa kutenganisha.......sitazungumzia hili kwa sasa kwa kuwa sina details za kutosha.

HATA HIVYO ukisikia akina James Cameron wanasema sinema itakuwa katika 3D ujue wanazungumzia 3D Stereoscopy na si 3D animation (Nani asiyeijua 3D animation hadi waizungumzie?).

FOURTH DIMENSION (4D)
Watu fulani huzungumzia 4D kama physical effects ambazo hufanywa katika kumbi za sinema ili kufanya watazamaji waweze kupata picha halisi ya kilicho katika sinema. Kwa mfano kama katika movie kuna moto unawaka na kitu cha rubber kinaungua basi kunafanywa spray ya harufu ya rubber, kama bomu limelipuka basi viti vya watazamaji hutikiswa na systems maalum ili kuwapa angalau hisi ya kishindo cha bomu. That's what I so far know of 4D.

MY PROJECT

Well I could not go on with that project.. so many things come here in between. Kuna wakati nakuwa na mambo mengi hivyo nashindwa kushughulikia baadhi ya yale nayotamani kufanya.

[video=vimeo;34504824]http://vimeo.com/34504824[/video]
I think there is a market for the taking in advancing the story telling of the folklore type stories that conjures up mythical beings and the like. See what this guy has done...
Maybe Kanumba and co can benefit from such input..

• Thanks
[video=vimeo;34504824]http://vimeo.com/34504824[/video]
I think there is a market for the taking in advancing the story telling of the folklore type stories that conjures up mythical beings and the like. See what this guy has done...
Maybe Kanumba and co can benefit from such input..

Fantastic!! Kanumba and co do like these kind of things for sure, they only lack technical know-how... but who will help?... It's people like you. With 3D one could achieve effects that were once a dream.

aksanteni sana wataalam wa graphics.

@3D
nimepata interest na mambo ya graphics miezi michache ya nyuma. Najaribu jaribu kujifunza lakini duh si mchezo kila fani ina wenyewe. Vipi Adobe Premiere Pro? ina fit vipi kweye hizo

Kingine nilikuwa ninapenda nitengeneze animation ya lile shairi la sungura na sizitaki mbichi hizi.( Nadhani unalijua)

Je utakubali kutoa dasara za hatua na taratibu kwa lugha nyepesi ninazotakiwa takiwa kufuata kufanikisha just simple animation ya ya hili shairi

@3D
nimepata interest na mambo ya graphics miezi michache ya nyuma. Najaribu jaribu kujifunza lakini duh si mchezo kila fani ina wenyewe. Vipi Adobe Premiere Pro? ina fit vipi kweye hizo

Kingine nilikuwa ninapenda nitengeneze animation ya lile shairi la sungura na sizitaki mbichi hizi.( Nadhani unalijua)

Je utakubali kutoa dasara za hatua na taratibu kwa lugha nyepesi ninazotakiwa takiwa kufuata kufanikisha just simple animation ya ya hili shairi

ADOBE PREMIERE PRO
Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid ni professional editing software ambazo kwa kawaida hutumika kuedit (kukata vipande, kuvipanga, kuboresha rangi na mwanga etc) wa video ambazo zimerekodiwa location ama kutengenezwa na programu zingine kama za 3D etc.

Ukienda location kushoot video (sinema, muziki, tangazo) huwa kuna vipande visivyohitajika au vilivyorekodiwa vibaya ambazo itabidi viondolewe... hapo ndipo Premiere na wenzake huingia. Katika video za muziki, ukiwa location inabidi uu-play wimbo husika na msanii huigiza kuuimba lakini location huwa kuna kelele za upepo, magari, watu, ndege etc hivyo ukirudi kwenye kompyuta inabidi uoanishe flow ya uigizaji wa msanii kutokana na wimbo uliopigwa location na wimbo halisi wa kwenye CD ambapo baadaye sauti ya location huondolewa. Hapo ndipo Premiere na wenzake hutakiwa.

Program za 3D animation na nyingine za compositing kama Adobe AfterEffects, Apple Shake, The Foundry Nuke, Autodesk Combustion etc hutumika kutengeneza vipande vifupi ambavyo huchanganywa na vipande virefu vya video ama sinema kwa kutumia Premiere na wenzake. Program nyingine za editing ambazo si high end ni kama Pinnacle Studio, Ulead Video Studio, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Adobe Premiere Elements, Windows Movie Maker etc. Hizi programs ambazo si high end huwa na templates kibao (Pinnacle Studio huwa na transitions zinazotumika sana katika video za harusi - usipoziweka watu watadhani hujui editing!) ambazo beginners huvutiwa nazo. Hata hivyo for simple editing, software za category ya Pinnacle Studio zinafanya vizuri tu.

VIJANA WENGI WANAOTENGENEZA VIDEO ZA MUZIKI (NAZUNGUMZIA TZ) HUTUMIA SANA ADOBE PREMIERE NA SONY VEGAS. AFTER EFFECTS INATUMIKA KIDOGO JAPO NI MORE POWERFUL NA IKO EQUIPPED KUFANYA EFFECTS AMBAZO NI MORE ADVANCED - INAHITAJI MUDA ZAIDI KUJIFUNZA KULIKO PROGRAMS ZA EDITING KAMA PREMIERE.

SIZITAKI MBICHI HIZI
Sijaelewa vizuri aina ya darasa nalotakiwa kulitoa. Kwa harakaharaka naomba niseme mapema "Sizitaki mbichi hizi"! Well, kutengeneza katuni pamoja na viumbe hai wengine huitwa character modelling/animation. Hadi dakika hii naandika hapa sijaweza kufanya character animation pamoja na kujaribu mara kadhaa. Hata hivyo najua what it takes to model and animate a character, japo kwa vitendo majaribio yangu hayajafanikiwa. Achilia mbali kuhuisha (animating) hata kuumba tu (modelling) ya character bado sijaweza, my wish however "By December 2012 I must be able to model and animate a character."

Shairi za Sungura sizitaki mbichi hizi nalifahamu. Kwa majibu ya jumla ni kuwa ni lazima uandae sketches ambazo zitakuwa zinaambatana na hatua mbalimbali za shairi hilo. Sketches hizi humsaidia mhuishaji kujua poses, movements na views mbalimbali bila ulazima wa wewe kumsimamia au kumuelekeza kila hatua. Sketches hizi huitwa Storyboard. Hivyo hatua ya kwanza ni storyboard then modelling and animation. Mwisho ni compositing (After Effects, Shake, Nuke etc) kama kuweka sauti na effects zingine kama upepo, radi, mvua etc. Baadhi ya software za 3D kama Blender na Maya zina uwezo fulani wa kufanya compositing.

Ila kama concern yako ni kutengeneza wewe mwenyewe.... naomba niongee lugha rahisi (kama ulivyosema) ni lazima ujifunze basics za 3D na uchague software moja ya 3D among several (I would recommend Cinema 4D as I personally consider it easy to learn) but 3ds Max may be a good option too because it has so many tutorials on the web probably more than any other 3D software (Kotinkarwak may recommend Blender 3D) ili ujifunze hiyo. Generally, it is impossible kuanza directly kuanimate SUNGURA ikiwa hujui software husika ya 3D inafanyaje kazi kwa ujumla wake. Kumbuka mnyama kama sungura ana macho, ana masikio ambayo hucheza separately na mwili (itabidi ujue kumodel na kuanimate masikio), ana miguu, ana nywele ana mkia (ambao nao hutikisika separately). Vitu kama nywele tu huhitaji kujifunza specifically kwa kuwa kuna vitu kadhaa vya ku-consider. Usipojifunza haya utajikuta unatengeza kituko... mwenyewe utadhani umetengeneza sungura lakini watakuja watoto wa jirani halafu watakwambia "Umetengeza puto zuri"!

Kwa ujumla ni vigumu (almost impossible) kumwambia mtu ambaye hana idea na 3D generally na specifically software fulani eg Cinema 4D "Ili kutengeza masikio extrude polygons mara tatu then select the lowest edge then bevel it halafu the whole model ifanye iwe child ya hypernub (meshsooth)". YOU'LL FIRST NEED TO GO THROUGH THE BASICS.

Othwerwise, 3D is generally interesting. Whether it is difficult or not..depends much on the level you want to attain na pia personal skills. Lakini pia bidii ya kutosha na kutokata tamaa husaidia. Start with simple things like modelling mobile phones, remote controls, chairs, tvs, bottles etc then go for more complex things like animals, humans and etc.

EXTRA
Nilinunua kitabu cha Adili na Nduguze cha Shaaban Robert kwa nia ya kukitengenezea sinema.. sijakata tamaa lakini kuna mambo kadhaa katika hadithi hiyo ambayo hadi sasa sijayaweza. Mfano kuna wakati Adili alinyakuliwa na tai mkubwa toka baharini alikotupwa na nduguze... kasheshe ni kumtengeneza huyo tai halafu kumfanya aonekane kambeba Adili (aliyezimia) juu juu huku akipiga mabawa naturally kama ndege arukavyo kwa kiwango kitachofanya watazamaji (including wewe Mtazamaji) wastaajabu wakidhani ni kweli na si "katuni tu." Mambo bado aisee. But one day yes kwa sababu "Nazitaka mbivu hizi"!

Naamini nimejibu suala/swali lako.

AshaDii,

MAXON CINEMA 4D.

Cinema 4D is a 3D modelling and animation software developed by a German company Maxon Gmbh. The 4D in its name has nothing to do with "Fourth Dimension" and has no technological implication as far as the software is concerned. Likewise, the word Cinema in its name has no any particular relation with cinema/film/movie, it's simply a name (If you get confused and buy it - thinking it is more advanced - then that is good to their business!!). Maxon may have a reason to call it Cinema 4D but those reasons, as far as I know, do not make it more advanced than other 3D softwares that like Maya, Lightwave 3D, Blender 3D, Autodesk Maya etc. And for real Autodesk Maya it judged as the most advanced 3D animation software and most of the best selling movies' 3D effects are created using Maya. But it's relatively difficult to learn.
FOURTH DIMENSION (4D)
Watu fulani huzungumzia 4D kama physical effects ambazo hufanywa katika kumbi za sinema ili kufanya watazamaji waweze kupata picha halisi ya kilicho katika sinema. Kwa mfano kama katika movie kuna moto unawaka na kitu cha rubber kinaungua basi kunafanywa spray ya harufu ya rubber, kama bomu limelipuka basi viti vya watazamaji hutikiswa na systems maalum ili kuwapa angalau hisi ya kishindo cha bomu. That's what I so far know of 4D.

MY PROJECT

Well I could not go on with that project.. so many things come here in between. Kuna wakati nakuwa na mambo mengi hivyo nashindwa kushughulikia baadhi ya yale nayotamani kufanya.

3D this is Impressive!!!! Is the second paragraph of the edited qoute for real?? Really.... Yaani smell of rubber?

Back
Top Bottom