Obama: Massachusetts has gone Republican !

PlanckScale

JF-Expert Member
Sep 28, 2008
In my 20 years or so, of following US politics, this one got to be the biggest upset, second only to Clinton’s reelection (an upset to Republicans after the obvious sexual scandal). To have a Republican filling the senate seat held by the late Kennedy, which he held for almost 50 years, is unthinkable.

Brown’s victory [the Republican winner] means the democrats will no longer hold the 60 seat majority to overcome any Republican filibusters. One wonders…if Massachusetts has been voting for a democratic candidate in the past 50 years, then why the change now?????

Even though the number of Republicans is far less than Democrats in that state, the independent voter outnumber the two groups substantially. So one can conclude that the Independent voters don't like Obama's policies (health reform, Job creation programs...). It sure going to be tough for Obama this year...

Your comments...

In my 20 years or so, of following US politics, this one got to be the biggest upset, second only to Clinton’s reelection (an upset to Republicans after the obvious sexual scandal). To have a Republican filling the senate seat held by the late Kennedy, which he held for almost 50 years, is unthinkable.

Brown’s victory [the Republican winner] means the democrats will no longer hold the 60 seat majority to overcome any Republican filibusters. One wonders…if Massachusetts has been voting for a democratic candidate in the past 50 years, then why the change now?????

Even though the number of Republicans is far less than Democrats in that state, the independent voter outnumber the two groups substantially. So one can conclude that the Independent voters don't like Obama's policies (health reform, Job creation programs...). It sure going to be tough for Obama this year...

Your comments...

My friend you have to do homework before starting a thread. Clinton's sexual scandal was after being re-elected, I mean it went public in 1997 after 1996 re-election when Paula Jones, was suing Clinton (The president) on sexual harassment charges.

My friend you have to do homework before starting a thread. Clinton's sexual scandal was after being re-elected, I mean it went public in 1997 after 1996 re-election when Paula Jones, was suing Clinton (The president) on sexual harassment charges.

Easy there Mr Authority.

I didn't specify which particular scandal that had an impact during the reelection bid (Lewinsky or Paula). Did I?
Are you trying to tell me that the sexual harassment scandal came to light only after the inauguration and had no impact during the campaign?

Let me juggle your memory a little bit; Do you know where and why they (the Clintons) sang "I will survive"?

I know why they sang the song, but I cannot seem to remember at which venue/forum they sang it at (the convention, inauguration, or at one of the campaign stops).
It was hilarious watching that on TV....and thereafter, talking about it at work. Yes, I was over there during Bush Senior, throughout the Clinton's era, to Bush junior's era;).

Anyway, thanks for making the thread colorful.

Abuu Titchaz vipi hapa huchangii? Lol

Mkuu Omega,

Heshima mbele. Naona mpaka niseme mie nd'o uridhike eti mtani wangu...:D

bado nakusanya data maana utani kando kuna kazi hapa. I will simply
fault the democrats for picking that lady to run against Scott maana
to an extent she was out of touch with the people of Mass. Some
comments she made threw her under the bus especially the one of
Kurt Schilling being a fan of the Yankees. That State loves the Red Sox
and hate the Yankees. Kurt is their hero and for this woman not to know
this, was unbelievable. Kisha she made another callous statement about
being outside Fenway Park shaking peoples hands in the cold. Ikiwa
wafuasi wako wapo nje, hata kama kuna nyesha ua kuna snow, you need
to be there to show solidarity.

Nasikia kuna watu shouting from the top of their voices eti hii loss ina
ashiria the end of the Obama Presidency. That is a premature judgement
call and the night is still young...infact very young. Politics is volatile and a
week can be seen as years maana anything can happen. Obama's
Presidency in my opinion is tagged on the economy. That's what Americans
care for. If he turns this thing around, I believe his Presidency is secure.

Kuhusu the voting pattern in Mass., jamaa walipiga kura to show their
dislike for Obama's health care reform plan. After all they (Mass) I believe
have the best universal healthcare plan na wanajua if the whole of
America were to get it like them, then that would mean higher subsidies
and taxes on them.

Thats my take.

Meanwhile huyu ndiye Scott Brown wa Republicans akiwa na watoto wake wa kike. Alisema "they are available" katika victory speech yake....whatever that means::D:confused:

Kina Yebo Yebo na Chrispin tender hio basi.Nguvu yako mwenyewe na akili mukichwa.

2010-01-20-scottbrown1.jpg

Last June, the Senator from Washington was voted the hottest on the hill...but there's a new guy in town who might change all that: Scott Brown. The newly-elected Senator from Massachusetts is certainly a silver fox...but did you know that he was once even posed nude for a Cosmo centerfold? That's right, in June 1982, when Brown was a 22-year-old law student at Boston College, he won Cosmopolitan's "America's Sexiest Man" contest.

2010-01-20-ScottBrownnew3.jpeg

Glenn Beck naye katoa hii kali...

Glenn Beck's radio show is the Wild West compared to the relative tameness of his Fox News television program.

Beck humorously, but harshly, slammed Scott Brown, Republican winner of the race for Ted Kennedy's old Senate seat in Massachusetts, for proclaiming on national television, during his victory speech, that his two daughters were "available."

Beck launched into a long rant about how Brown had just put his daughters up for grabs on a "meat market" and how shocked he was that anyone could say something like that on national television. Then came that moment that differentiates Beck on the radio from Beck on the TV: he started comparing Brown to Gary Condit.
I want a chastity belt on this man. I want his every move watched in Washington. I don't trust this guy. This one could end with a dead intern. I'm just saying. It could end with a dead intern.
Glenn Beck does not pull punches.

Mkuu Omega,

Heshima mbele. Naona mpaka niseme mie nd'o uridhike eti mtani wangu...:D

bado nakusanya data maana utani kando kuna kazi hapa. I will simply
fault the democrats for picking that lady to run against Scott maana
to an extent she was out of touch with the people of Mass. Some
comments she made threw her under the bus especially the one of
Kurt Schilling being a fan of the Yankees. That State loves the Red Sox
and hate the Yankees. Kurt is their hero and for this woman not to know
this, was unbelievable. Kisha she made another callous statement about
being outside Fenway Park shaking peoples hands in the cold. Ikiwa
wafuasi wako wapo nje, hata kama kuna nyesha ua kuna snow, you need
to be there to show solidarity.

Nasikia kuna watu shouting from the top of their voices eti hii loss ina
ashiria the end of the Obama Presidency. That is a premature judgement
call and the night is still young...infact very young. Politics is volatile and a
week can be seen as years maana anything can happen. Obama's
Presidency in my opinion is tagged on the economy. That's what Americans
care for. If he turns this thing around, I believe his Presidency is secure.

Kuhusu the voting pattern in Mass., jamaa walipiga kura to show their
dislike for Obama's health care reform plan. After all they (Mass) I believe
have the best universal healthcare plan na wanajua if the whole of
America were to get it like them, then that would mean higher subsidies
and taxes on them.

Thats my take.

Meanwhile huyu ndiye Scott Brown wa Republicans akiwa na watoto wake wa kike. Alisema "they are available" katika victory speech yake....whatever that means::D:confused:

Kina Yebo Yebo na Crispin tender hio basi.Nguvu yako mwenyewe na akili mukichwa.

2010-01-20-scottbrown1.jpg

But Ab, there is something bigger that is going on here. Dems have lost two solid blue states and one purple state. The incumbent New Jersey gov. was defeated even though Obama campaigned for him. The democratic candidate for governor in VA lost even though Obama campaigned for him. Now Martha Coakley has lost in the bluest of blue states where Obama was over there this past weekend to campaign for her. And the GOP is poised to win even more seats in both the senate and the house this coming November. Harry Reid is toast for sure. He ain't coming back. And I won't be surprised if there is a new speaker of the house come november. Something is happening my friend.

The people of Mass really did not have a choice, in term of the people running.

Between kile kibibi ki lazy ki closet confederate na huyu malaya wa kiume anayeuza binti zake wazi wazi sijui nani afadhali.

Democrats wanahitaji kufanya some overhaul katika health plan yao, hata kama itabidi kuitekeleza in piecemeal, ama sivyo hawa independents watawamaliza katika mid term elections na Obama atakuwa a one term president.

But Ab, there is something bigger that is going on here. Dems have lost two solid blue states and one purple state. The incumbent New Jersey gov. was defeated even though Obama campaigned for him. The democratic candidate for governor in VA lost even though Obama campaigned for him. Now Martha Coakley has lost in the bluest of blue states where Obama was over there this past weekend to campaign for her. And the GOP is poised to win even more seats in both the senate and the house this coming November. Harry Reid is toast for sure. He ain't coming back. And I won't be surprised if there is a new speaker of the house come november. Something is happening my friend.

Mkuu Omega,

I agree but no need to panic thats politics.

Just a point of notation, the Dems have lost just one Senate seat...hii ya
Mass. Zile zengine ni za u-Governor and they knew they were toast
even before the Presidential elections especially the New Jersey one.
Obama went to campaign just to show solidarity with his party. Imagine
if he had not? Si nd'o ma-haters wangepiga kelele mtindo mmoja?

Nimeonahapo juu umesema Mass voters were racists...:D Si unaona
umepata jibu? The health care reform thing is a noble and just cause
lakini Republicans and most white folks walijitokeza kupinga the thing
solely because of the publilc option. Main reason being ingeua Insurance
companies ambazo kwa kiwango kikubwa are the major funders of the
Republicans. Secondly kuna wale walokua wanaona hii kitu kama safety net
kwa watu weusi ambao a big chunk of them have no health insurance.
To them Obama would be robbing them of their benefits to share with
black folks and thats not the reason they voted for him.Wale jamaa
wa tea party walitumiwa sana kusambaza huo uongo na ukashika.

The irony of this thing looking from outside ni kwamba nawasikitikia sana
wote maana they are all Americans. If the guy next door doesnt have
medical insurance, be they black or white, they are Americans. Mimi niko
katika jimbo ambalo limeumia sana na mambo ya unemployment and the
subsequent loss of medical insurance. People are literally going bankrupt
coz of medical bills and they just cant get the care they need. Hata
wakienda emergency, they are simply stabilised and let go.

Ngoja nikupe an example closer to home.Mke wangu ni mmarekani na
alipoteza kazi sometime last year. At that time nisingeweza kumweka
kwenye insurance yangu maana the thing is done every year. Ikabid aka-apply
for Medicare/Medicaid na wakamnyima lakini wakawapa watoto wetu
wawili. Now herein lies the irony, mimi mwafrika ngozi ngumu natamba
ndani ya nchi yao fully covered medically lakini yeye mmarekani hana
insurance...angepata ajali ama ugonjwa ambao ingembidi aende hospitali
ingekua mbaya mbovu. Thank God things turned out better at the
beginning at the beginning of the year alipopata ajira.

So, for these people to use the Health Care thing to victimise the
Democrats is just stupid maana ni ubaguzi tu. The bill for this thing is way
less than the Iraq war which George Bush catapulted them into without
thinking. Bill Clinton alijaribu na wakaiua vivyo hivyo... because it looked
like it would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. So long as the white folks, who
are the majority, see it from that perspective and not seeing the President
trying to help Americans then they are doomed.

Ndivyo ilivyo.

Kwa nini wewe na mkeo mna bima tofauti?

Halafu hakuna mtu ambaye hataki healthcare reform. Wasichokubaliana ni vilivyomo kwenye hiyo iliyopendekezwa na Obama ambayo itasababisha deni la taifa kuongezeka. Ila kwa sasa mimi naona hii habari ya healthcare ni kwishnei

He's had a super majority in both the senate and the house for a year and he has done nothing but dilly-dally. He should have capitalized on that advantage. But now that super majority is gone and come november it's gonna shrink even further.

Kwa nini wewe na mkeo mna bima tofauti?

Halafu hakuna mtu ambaye hataki healthcare reform. Wasichokubaliana ni vilivyomo kwenye hiyo iliyopendekezwa na Obama ambayo itasababisha deni la taifa kuongezeka. Ila kwa sasa mimi naona hii habari ya healthcare ni kwishnei

He's had a super majority in both the senate and the house for a year and he has done nothing but dilly-dally. He should have capitalized on that advantage. But now that super majority is gone and come november it's gonna shrink even further.

Mkuu,

tulipooana kila mtu alikua anafanya kazi na alikua na bima yake. Kwa hivyo
we kept it that way. Kumbuka nimekuambia hii kitu unaweza kubadilisha
annually only. Kwa mfano kama kazini mnabadili January na mkiona February,
you will have to wait till next year to make changes.

Hio ishu yakusema deni la nchi litaongezeka mbona hatukuisikia wakati
Bush was advocating for a war with Iraq which had no basis? People new
it was going to cost trillions of dollars but wakauchuna tu.

Meanwhile cut Obama some slack please. Unasema walikua na majority ya
viti sitini na hakufanya kitu....what did you expect him to do with it?
Mambo ya kupiga kura bungeni yanafuata mkondo f'lani na kura zinapigwa
kulingana na kanuni zilizopo. He cant just come and say lets vote for this
thing today. It has to go through stages and the like. Meanwhile we are
human beings and anything can happen...ikiwemo kifo. Kumbuka during
the debates kuna Republican aliyeomba Mungu kua mmojapo wa hawa
Dem senators afe...akimaanisha Senator Byrd. So that majority thing is nothing
until it lasts through time. Only the short sighted people walikua
wanashangilia kila kukicha lakini mtu kama mimi nilikua najua itakua
a short lived celebration bearing in mind Ted Kennedy's health na huyu
Senator Byrd ambaye najua hivi karibuni atafleti tu na kuelekea nursing
home.

Kama usemavyo Health reform kwishnei lakini nimesikia tetesi kua there
is way of getting it in but not as it is currently.President Obama said this
today:

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is telling Democrats not to "jam" a health care overhaul bill through Congress, instead urging them to coalesce around popular parts of the bill.

In an interview with ABC News, Obama said Wednesday that Congress must wait for newly elected Massachusetts Republican Scott Brown to be sworn into office before lawmakers move forward.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/20/obama-to-dems-dont-jam-th_n_430134.html

Obama, Dems consider pared-back health care bill

Sijui wewe mwenzangu unafanyia wapi kazi lakini pale ninapobebea mimi maboksi ukipata life changing event (including marriage) basi unaruhusiwa kufanya mabadiliko kwenye kuchagua bima yako.

Kitu kingine kinachowaudhi watu ni kwamba Obama alitoa ahadi za waziwazi nyingi sana. Ahadi hizi ziliwafanya watu (not me) wawe na matumaini mengi sana kuwa kweli sasa kutakuwa na mabadiliko. Kwa mfano alitoa ahadi mara kibao kuwa mazungumzo na majadiliano ya healthcare yatakuwa wazi na yataoneshwa kwenye kituo cha CSPAN. Mpaka sasa hakuna hiyo ahadi haijatimizwa. Ni mambo kama haya yanayowakera watu na kuona kumbe wewe ni fiksi tu na uko kama wanasiasa wengine. Hii hadi CEO wa CSPAN alimaindi. Hata Jack Cafferty ambaye yupo (labda sasa alikuwa) kwenye tank ya Obama alimaindi.

Kwa ujumla mimi nimefurahi na huu ndio mwanzo wa mwisho wa Obama na liberal democrats wenzake. I can't wait for 2012.

Sijui wewe mwenzangu unafanyia wapi kazi lakini pale ninapobebea mimi maboksi ukipata life changing event (including marriage) basi unaruhusiwa kufanya mabadiliko kwenye kuchagua bima yako.

Kitu kingine kinachowaudhi watu ni kwamba Obama alitoa ahadi za waziwazi nyingi sana. Ahadi hizi ziliwafanya watu (not me) wawe na matumaini mengi sana kuwa kweli sasa kutakuwa na mabadiliko. Kwa mfano alitoa ahadi mara kibao kuwa mazungumzo na majadiliano ya healthcare yatakuwa wazi na yataoneshwa kwenye kituo cha CSPAN. Mpaka sasa hakuna hiyo ahadi haijatimizwa. Ni mambo kama haya yanayowakera watu na kuona kumbe wewe ni fiksi tu na uko kama wanasiasa wengine. Hii hadi CEO wa CSPAN alimaindi. Hata Jack Cafferty ambaye yupo (labda sasa alikuwa) kwenye tank ya Obama alimaindi.

Kwa ujumla mimi nimefurahi na huu ndio mwanzo wa mwisho wa Obama na liberal democrats wenzake. I can't wait for 2012.

Mkuu,

hapa kwangu thats how it is. Hata kama uki-divorce watakuambia usubiri
mwaka. It doesnt make any sense lakini it is what it is.

Hio ahadi ya Obama on C-SPAN came back to haunt him in a big way
maana ilionyeshwa katika channel zote mpaka hata comedians kama
Jon Stewart had a field day with it.He blundered big time.

Hio statement yako ya mwisho nilio-bold speaks volumes. Umekua Sheikh
Yahya mkuu? you must have a crytal ball unachungulia eti...:D

The people of Mass really did not have a choice, in term of the people running.

Between kile kibibi ki lazy ki closet confederate na huyu malaya wa kiume anayeuza binti zake wazi wazi sijui nani afadhali.

Democrats wanahitaji kufanya some overhaul katika health plan yao, hata kama itabidi kuitekeleza in piecemeal, ama sivyo hawa independents watawamaliza katika mid term elections na Obama atakuwa a one term president.

To me the loss of that senate seat in a true blue democratic state like MA portends danger for the Dems in the coming 2010 congressional elections and the 2012 general election.

To me the loss of that senate seat in a true blue democratic state like MA portends danger for the Dems in the coming 2010 congressional elections and the 2012 general election.

Couldn't agree less dude! Heard on BBC radio yesterday that Democrats outnumber Republican voters 3:1 in Massachussets. What does that tell you? Basically, it sends a strong message to Obama that White Folks still rule America and that he better watch his Black ass come 2012...

Kwa mwendo huu, Dems wajiandae kuwa opposition come 2012. Wala hapa Dems faithful wasisingizie yule mama aliyegombea au chochote. People couldnt buy dems arguments anymore. The man promised too much than he could probably deliver. With Afghanistan, Iran, Russia breathing under his neck, I doubt kama Dems will have anything to really show come 2012. I only wish him well. Lakini ukweli ni kwamba hata China na Iraq wameshajua weakness ya US. They know US cant afford any major conflict with anybody bila external support.

Unajua I am not a fun of Republicans.Lakini they always stand on what they believe. Dems wana sway na upepo uliopo. ....s long as wanaleta kura. In politics thats a different ballgame.

In all I wish them well. Maana kuwa na reps pale nyumba nyeupe...is another story altogether.

Actually hili ni pigo kwa Obama na inaweza kuleta athari hata kwa wale wanaomsapoti ndani na nje ya nchi yake. But i still believe that Obama can do something to the world

We may be witnessing the beginning of another "Republican Revolution" and dog I hope I am wrong (Not that it make any difference to us folks in Bongo, anyway). But there is no doubt that the voters in Massachusetts were venting over what they see as the making of a big government. In their eyes, the ObamaCare represents a move to extreme left. Obama may be setting himself on a path similar to the first black president, 17 years ago.

Back then, Clinton made the same campaigned promise on reforming the health care system. The outcome was not pretty; the conservatives and their powerful allies - the health care insurance industry, went on a rampage. And when the dust cleared, not only did the "HillaryCare" plan died, but the Democrats went down with it. They got hammered badly on the followup mid-term election. The failure of the HillaryCare helped to created the the Republican revolution with Newt Gingrich at the helm (aaahh that name still brings chills in my spine…)

Well the conservatives have now taken the Democrats' backyard, domestic spending is reaching the sky, the mid-term election are in-line ….are we about to witness the second Republican Revolution? I hope not. I will hate to see a brother [Obama] going down in history like that.

Democrats wana kazi kweli!

Back
Top Bottom