NewCastle United Special Thread

Newcastle United plays Manchester City at the Manchester Stadium today, lunchtime kick off. Both sides have had recent wins over Chelsea, game ni kali sana sasa ni half time 1-1, we equalized through Johas net buster after Tevez penalty goal. I think we need t bring on Andy Carol for Shola ameobi who seems to struggle upfront and hope we will walk away with something from this game...

According to the TV peeps, some replays have been held back from broadcast as they are rather upsetting. I fear that means a broken leg for Hatem Ben Arfa. Heartbreak. On comes Wayne Routledge as his replacement, but what a horrid way to start proceedings. De Jong is very lucky not to have been given the red card for this awful challenge.

We are 2-1 down, the referee is not on our side it was a clear penalty when Lescott fouled Ameobi inside the penalty box, anyways we still have 15min to salvage this one

Full time score Man City 2-1 Newcastle United 1 to be fair we deserve to be awarded at least 1 penalty but the referee denied us, and Andy Johnson goal was so superb that you wonder why Mancini is not using him as first choice striker ahead of Silver. Meanwhile wazee wa bwawa la maini washalowesha kimoko na Blackpool duh kweli ligi ya Uingereza ngumu

Hatem Ben Arfa suffers double leg break

Hatem-Ben-Arfa-006.jpg

Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa suffered a broken tibia and fibula in Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Manchester City, the Tyneside club have confirmed.

Ben Arfa, 23, went down under a strong Nigel De Jong challenge after four minutes of the match, before being stretchered off and taken to hospital.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton suspected the news, claiming it was "a challenge that didn't need to be made."

A Newcastle club statement said: "He will undergo surgery [Monday] morning."

"Everyone connected with the club sends Hatem their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"At this stage no time limit has been put on his expected return date."

Ben Arfa, on loan from Marseille, was playing in only his third Magpies game.

He scored a spectacular long-range winner on his debut against Everton but is now set for a lengthy absence.

"It's a solemn changing room in there," added Hughton, who also lost centre-back Fabricio Coloccini to a groin injury nine minutes before half-time.

"We've had a couple of real downers, but we've a spirited dressing room and these things make everybody a bit closer."

ningekua na uwezo ningemtoa kibusha refa wa jana kati yetu na man city..... katuua sana... !!!!!!!

In truth, the visitors emerged from this game with more credit. Theirs was a brave and ambitious away performance whereas City were a little scratchy.

'This is what the Premier League is like,' said City assistant manager Brian Kidd. 'Sometimes you have to dig out a result and grind. Sometimes you have to win ugly. To compete for a trophy you have to win when things are difficult and you need a little luck at times.'

The argument over the legality of Nigel de Jong's challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa, which broke the Frenchman's leg and put him out for the season, will go on for a while.

Only the Holland midfielder will know if there was any malice intended as he dived in early in the game.

The two penalty incidents that shaped this match were both called incorrectly by referee Martin Atkinson, however.

article-1317340-0B756DCC000005DC-319_634x464.jpg
Ouch! Newcastle United's Hatem Ben Arfa is carried off with a nasty injury

Newcastle defender Mike Williamson seemed to touch the ball away with his outstretched foot in the 17th minute as Carlos Tevez ran through. A minute later, however, Tevez drilled his penalty high into the net to give City the lead.

Williamson said: 'I was sure I got the ball. Even Tevez said afterwards that it wasn't a penalty.'

Later on, Atkinson erred again as, with the game sitting at 2-1 to City, he failed to see a trip by Joleon Lescott on Newcastle forward Shola Ameobi.

Hughton said: 'The referee has made two horrendous decisions. On a day that was going to be difficult anyway - coming to face a team of world-class players - you have to have the right decisions.

'I have a team that I can be proud of but we have unjustly ended up with the wrong result.'

City's main problem - and it is something boss Roberto Mancini and his staff privately acknowledge - is that they are far too reliant on Tevez.

In the absence of a reliable strike partner for the Argentine, they struggle to break down teams who are prepared to sit and absorb pressure.

Mancini hopes things will change when Mario Balotelli recovers from injury, or if and when Emmanuel Adebayor shows some consistent form.

article-1317340-0B7589CC000005DC-703_634x398.jpg
On target: Carlos Tevez hits City's opening goal form the spot

What worries City's manager a little is that his team do not create enough chances for a group of talented players who have aspirations of winning the title.

Yesterday, for example, Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul made only two genuine saves. The first came with his leg in the first half as the breaking Gareth Barry tried to square a pass to Tevez 12 yards from goal, while the second was a parry from Tevez as the striker advanced in the 55th minute.

City played some decent football. Barry and James Milner were impressive at times while Spaniard David Silva looks capable of coping with the physical side.

article-1317340-0B758D81000005DC-17_634x535.jpg
Up we go: Jerome Boateng (R) challenges Jonas Gutierrez - Newcastle's goalscorer

However, City were not consistently fluent and once Newcastle's impressive winger Jonas Gutierrez had slammed an equaliser past Joe Hart in the 25th minute, the home team laboured until Adam Johnson's superb winning goal 15 minutes from the end.

Johnson had responded to calls for a greater contribution by scoring the equaliser against Juventus but this goal was much more memorable, only three minutes after he came on as a substitute.

Receiving the ball on the right from Milner, Joh

Bert Van Marwijk has done football a great service by dropping Manchester City midfield enforcer Nigel De Jong after his terrible leg-breaking challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa.
Van Marwijk said with refreshing honesty: 'I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit.'

article-1317658-0B758605000005DC-12_468x286.jpg
X-rated: Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa suffered a broken leg after this tackle from Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong

The challenge was typical of the midfielder, delivered with excessive force while airborne and unable to pull out of it when it became clear that the ball had gone.
Even when the ball is played, there is often a follow through which appears intended to 'leave a mark' on an opponent, either physical or psychological.

article-1317658-052CF7990000044D-1000_468x286.jpg
Right call: Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk's decision to overlook tough tackling De Jong deserves praise

De Jong famously left his mark on Spain's Xabi Alonso in the World Cup final, a challenge which England's No 1 referee, Howard Webb, failed to detect correctly.
The fact that none of the match officials saw the offence despite being very close should allow the FA to charge De Jong and add to his 'rest'.

Newcastle United 2 Wigan Athletic 2: Captain Fabricio Coloccini saves the day as Magpies steal a point at the death

Wigan were only seconds from maintaining their record of being the only Premier League side not to concede a goal from a setpiece this season when Fabricio Coloccini headed home following a corner.

The goal, in the fourth minute of added time, provided a double celebration for the Argentina international, handed the captain's armband before the match by manager Chris Hughton.

article-1321105-0BA37CAA000005DC-113_634x419.jpg

Make mine a double: CharlesN'Zogbia is swamped by Wigan team-mates after notching his second of the game

It also prevented a third successive defeat at a time when distress signals were already being raised on Tyneside with barely a third of the season gone.
And it provided a harsh lesson for Wigan manager Roberto Martinez, who saw three points whipped from under his nose with a smashand- grab raid.

article-1321105-0BA3C58C000005DC-95_634x433.jpg

Late show: Newcastle United's Shola Ameobi (right) celebrates his goal with Andy Carroll

'The game can be very cruel and this was a clear example. It was a painful lesson for us,' he said. 'We let ourselves down in not being able to defend a set-play. We were well in control.'

article-1321105-0BA3FA91000005DC-471_306x423.jpg

Just Fab! Coloccini wheels away after bagging Newcastle's leveller

Wigan took what seemed a commanding a two-goal lead when it was 'Zog on the Tyne' time once again.
Only yesterday, the chorus once sang with gusto by a Toon Army celebrating the skills of Charles N'Zogbia got stuck in their throats.

He returned to his former club and struck twice in a minute. He climbed above James Perch and Mike Williamson to head his side into the lead.
A minute later his superb left-foot volley looked to have put the visitors well on the way to their first win at Newcastle.
N'Zogbia was the last signing by the late Sir Bobby Robson, who once said of the young Frenchman: 'He can go to the very top with the right coaching and motivation - I hope it is with Newcastle.'

After spending five years on Tyneside, he was sacrificed on the back of some disastrous assetstripping by United, who sold him to Wigan for £6million in January last year.

'N'Zogbia has been working extremely hard,' observed Martinez. 'Last season was very good for him and he's gone to a different level this season. I thought he was a real threat and was difficult to handle.

'He has real pace and real talent. I thought the second goal was outstanding.' Chris Hughton's men never gave up the battle, especially after substitute Shola Ameobi halved the Wigan advantage, stooping to head in a Jonas Gutierrez cross.

Time and opportunities were running out when Coloccini struck the equaliser. Hughton said: 'We showed great spirit and determination. We have great character.'

Carroll Signs New Five-Year Contract

0,,10278%7E9031378,00.jpg

Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll has signed a new five-year contract with his boyhood team.

The Gateshead-born forward, who has progressed through the club's Academy to wear the hallowed number nine shirt this season and has helped himself to four goals so far, has committed himself to the club until 2015.

England under-21 international Carroll has supported the club since he was a child and said he was delighted to agree new terms.

He told www.nufc.co.uk: "All I have ever wanted to do is play for Newcastle United. That's been the case since I was a teenager, playing for the juniors and Reserves, and it's still the same now.

"Every time I pull on the black and white shirt - and even more so now that I have number nine on my back - it means the world to me so to be able to do that for at least the next five years is brilliant."

Newcastle United's Managing Director Derek Llambias added: "We're dedicated to bringing exciting young players through our youth academy to play for the club.

"Andy Carroll certainly fits that bill, having graduated through the ranks here, and we're extremely pleased to have agreed with him a new long-term deal.

"Players like Andy are the future of this club and we have spent a long time putting together a deal that is right for both him and Newcastle United."

Arsenal 0 Newcastle 1: Carroll the rising star delivers Gunners another big problem

Didier Drogba has tormented Arsenal for years with his physical prowess. On Sunday, the Gunners were hit by the Geordie version - and it wasn't as if Arsene Wenger had not seen it coming.
In his programme notes, the Arsenal manager wrote: 'Andy Carroll has stature, charisma and quality. He is good in the air, strong and can pass the ball well.' Ninety minutes later and his assessment was more succinct.
article-1327448-0BF3C913000005DC-465_634x424.jpg

Heads up: Toon striker Carroll rises to nod Newcastle into a surprise lead against the Gunners

'Andy Carroll is a handful,' said the beaten boss after watching the 21-year-old score the only goal of the game, a header from a majestic leap above goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski just before half-time.
Fabio Capello was there to savour it and, as long as the England manager is not deterred by front-page headlines revealing Carroll's off-field antics, it is difficult to envisage how he can overlook him when he names the squad for next week's friendly against France.
Wenger believes the centre forward, an inspiration for Newcastle since their return to the Barclays Premier League, is good enough for international football. Few who were at the Emirates on Sunday would argue.
It wasn't only the goal. Carroll chased and battled for every ball as he led the line. Sometimes his touch abandoned him but he never stopped working. He is not refined but plays with honesty and, just like Drogba, was in the right place to win a series of headers inside his own area and clear the danger from set pieces as the visitors fought to defend their lead in the second half.
article-1327448-0BF3D728000005DC-685_634x364.jpg

Flying: Carroll leads his Magpies team-mates in celebration after breaking the deadlock against Arsenal

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton said: 'Apart from having a prowess in the air, as we saw, there are other aspects of his game that he is developing. He gives us a mobility that can stretch defenders. He has a fair way to go but he is working and going in the right direction. Mentally, he is very strong.'
Hughton never considered dropping Carroll, despite more revelations yesterday about the social activities of the striker who is on bail charged with assaulting a former girlfriend.
MATCH FACTS

ARSENAL (4-2-3-1): Fabianski 6; Sagna 6, Squillaci 6, Koscielny 6, Clichy 6; Song 5, Wilshere 7 (Bendtner 72, 5); Walcott 6, Fabregas 6, Nasri 7 (Arshavin 56, 6); Chamakh 5 (Van Persie 57, 5). Subs not used: Szczesny, Djourou, Eboue, Rosicky. Booked: Clichy, Fabregas. Sent off: Koscielny.

NEWCASTLE UNITE D (4-1-3-2): Krul 7; Simpson 7, Williamson 8, Coloccini 7, Enrique 7; Tiote 9; Barton 7, Nolan 7, Gutierrez 7; Carroll 8, Ameobi 7 (Ranger 82). Subs not used: Soderberg, Campbell, Taylor, Smith, Routledge, Lovenkrands. Booked: Tiote.

Man of the match: Cheik Tiote.

Referee: Mike Dean.

The Newcastle boss even felt comfortable including Steven Taylor in the squad for the first time since his punch-up with Carroll on the training ground in March.
'I made a selection based on the continuity we have had in the last couple of games,' he said. 'I decided to play two strikers as we've done in the last couple of games. I just felt the same group of players deserved an opportunity to have another go.
'This is a team who have worked hard to get promotion into this division. They know where they want to play their football and this performance showed what it meant to all of them.'
Despite Arsenal's frailties at home, Hughton, a former Spurs player and coach, can be as proud of this win as he was of the 5-1 thrashing of Sunderland seven days earlier.
With Cheik Tiote outstanding in midfield, his team deserved the points, even shading possession, quite an accomplishment against Arsenal.
Central defenders Mike Williamson and Fabricio Coloccini shackled Marouane Chamakh, and Tim Krul kept a clean sheet, making one wonderful save in the first half from Samir Nasri, the pick of Arsenal's players.
Nasri's right footer from the edge of the area, struck first time from a Cesc Fabregas pass, appeared to be swerving into the top corner until the Dutch keeper unfurled his long frame and clawed it away with his right hand.
article-1327448-0BF3A4A9000005DC-251_634x402.jpg

Double team: Walcott tries to get away from Newcastle defenders Enrique (left) and Coloccini eary on at the Emirates Stadium

Twice the woodwork saved Krul. First a Fabregas free-kick took a deflection which whipped it over his head and on to the bar. Theo Walcott also rattled the bar after the break. It was as close as Arsenal would come.
Fabregas planted a diving header straight at Krul and Andrey Arshavin, dropped from the starting line-up for the first time this season, went close after Carroll had been caught in possession deep in his half.
Wenger's frustrations were complete when referee Mike Dean produced his first red card of the season to dismiss Laurent Koscielny in stoppage time. Nile Ranger beat Koscielny to the ball, wriggled around him and fell as the defender tried to haul him back. To decide it was a clear goalscoring opportunity seemed unfair but this was not Arsenal's day.

article-1327448-0BF45D7C000005DC-871_634x430.jpg

Dismissed: Koscielny compounds Arsenal's misery by fouling Ranger and earning a red card as time ran out

'We've bust a few coupons today,' said Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton. 'But I was always confident we could come here and win. We came with a plan and I knew everything we have in our arsenal they wouldn't like. We planned to suck the keeper out and a few times it didn't come off but the one time it did we got a goal.'
Barton supplied the deep free-kick for the goal and Carroll (below with skipper Kevin Nolan) ran straight to manager Hughton after scoring to give him a hug.
It was further evidence of the impressive work this understated coach-turned-manager has done to rebuild a broken club and it is an insult that the owners refuse to open talks to extend and improve a contract which expires at the end of the season.
Sportsmail's Jamie Redknapp said on TV the manager should resign if a deal does not follow Newcastle's first win at Arsenal in nine years.
'That's nice of Jamie,' said Hughton. 'All I can do is win as many matches as we can.' He will not encourage his players to celebrate this one. 'We've got a game on Wednesday. Come 9am the focus has to be on Wednesday's game.'

Hongereni the Toon kwa ushindi ila kwa upande mwingine mmeniliza maana mie ni Toon and Arse-nal as well

EL-TORO,u has brought supporting a club to a hitherto unknown level-how can one be a toon and a gunner at the same time-this is the first time i am hearing this.

EL-TORO,u has brought supporting a club to a hitherto unknown level-how can one be a toon and a gunner at the same time-this is the first time i am hearing this.
Kwani kuna shida gani mbona kuna mtu anasupport Madrid na Barcelona sidhani kama ushabiki una limitation kaka that is me I support both the toons and the gunners kama hutaki pole sana

Kwani kuna shida gani mbona kuna mtu anasupport Madrid na Barcelona sidhani kama ushabiki una limitation kaka that is me I support both the toons and the gunners kama hutaki pole sana
hata mimi nimechukua kadi ya uanachama wa Sunderland wazee wa light stadium jana pale darajani!

Newcastle 3 Liverpool 1: Bubbly Barton closes Hughton chapter

He hasn't touched a drop for almost two years but when he was informed the man of the match bubbly was his on Saturday night, Joey Barton grabbed the bottle with all the enthusiasm of a hard-up student on freshers week and waved it triumphantly at the camera.
'This is for Chris and PB (Paul Barron)', he said. 'Thanks to them for everything they have done for us. We appreciate it.'

article-0-0C723CE3000005DC-920_634x607.jpg

Obscene: Barton gestures towards Torres on Saturday

Newcastle players have to move on now, they have no choice, despite their clear affection for Chris Hughton and his goalkeeping coach after their sackings last week. Barton's gesture was closure. But another gesture, an obscene one towards Fernando Torres, may land the midfielder in hot water. The FA are waiting for referee Lee Mason's report before deciding whether to take action.
article-0-0C723476000005DC-476_306x443.jpg

Well in: Pardew and Barton

The eventual 3-1 demolition of Liverpool was proof that new boss Alan Pardew has inherited a group who are taking their survival battle seriously.

The players have said their bit, made their feelings known to owner Mike Ashley and his sidekick Derek Llambiasbut know it will make no difference. The same could be said of the fans who gathered in their thousands outside St James' Park before and after the game to demand Ashley's exit before concentrating their efforts on supporting the players.

'The supporters were great,' said captain Kevin Nolan. 'You wondered whether they would be spending the time just hammering them but they didn't and hats off to them for that. With their support we believe we can be a very good Premier League side.'

Ashley and Llambias are either oblivious to the stick, or thrive on it and they hugged anyone within hugging distance, including their minders, as Newcastle's goals rained in. In their world, they were right to sack Hughton and appoint Pardew, and no one will ever persuade them otherwise. And this win proved it.

Captain Nolan has been very vocal in the last week but the talking stops now and he will be trying to ensure Hughton's endeavours have not been wasted.
Nolan said: 'What happened to Chris was very disappointing. We had a few days to get over it, but life goes on and the show must go on.

article-0-0C71D0E0000005DC-507_634x346.jpg

Beaming: Ashley smiles

'What we have built with Chris should not be allowed to change. We all have our own opinions on what happened but the owners have the final say at this club and we have to respect that. Any talk of any revolt towards Alan is nonsense. He is our gaffer and we have to work under him.'

Lifelong Liverpool fan Nolan opened the scoring for Newcastle after Andy Carroll headed down Barton's free-kick. Fellow Scouser Barton got the second 10 minutes from time before Carroll lashed home the third in injury-time.
Dirk Kuyt's fortunate goal off Steven Taylor's toe pul led Liverpool level after the break but Torres shooting straight at Tim Krul with only the keeper to beat, perhaps summed up Roy Hodgson's side's wretched season.

article-1338026-0C75DF11000005DC-307_634x1111.jpg

Ukiona mtu anashabikia Madrid na FC Barcelona basi huyo ni au mwongo,au hajui kwa nini yupo hivyo!