My first time in Tanzania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnairobi

JF-Expert Member
Oct 27, 2007
Ok folks, so this december me and close family decided to take a tour of your lovely country and I must add i really enjoyed it. We decided to do it by road in order to get a real veiw of the country. We went in from nairobi to Arusha then to Dar and then to Zanzibar and back to Kenya through Mombasa.

First thing that struck me was the expanse of the country....wow, tracks and tracks of good arable land just sitting there idle...lool..sorry for being a kenyan but i just couldnt help but salivate. Arusha was a pleasant surprise...nice city, there was alot of similarities with nairobi.....the cool weather and the lush green gardens, the streets were a little narrow though. The night was really warm unlike nairobi (maybe it was just in the hotel we were in) . The food was grat and surprisingly cheap, we really get a raw deal here in Kenya.

The trip to Dar was amazing, really beautiful landscapes, great open spaces, very few people. I really enjoyed it. But the trip can be long ant tiresome. Another thing is buses go really fast there unlike Kenya. i guess they have to given the distances they have to cover.

Dar was ok, but damn, the town is soooo sleepy and slow, but i guess it was also the holiday season. i wonder how it feel like sometime in the middle of the year. The city also looked clean, which was nice. it wasnt as hot as i expected. Mombasa is certainly hotter. There seemed to be air conditioning everywhere even in the cheap hotels, made me wonder what the cost of electricity is there.

Zanzibar was the best place ever. The people for some reason seemed friendlier that those on the mainland, where we were called manyang'ua and wachafuzi wa nchi...etc.(but most people were ok) the food culture in Zanzibar is great, i loved it.

All in all i loved the country........cheers

karibu tena.....
na sio manyang'ua ni manyang'au.......

Haha...sawa sawa mkubwa, kwa kweli mkubwa, lazima nitarudi.....

The trip to Dar was amazing, really beautiful landscapes, great open spaces, very few people. I really enjoyed it. But the trip can be long ant tiresome. Another thing is buses go really fast there unlike Kenya. i guess they have to given the distances they have to cover.

Dar was ok, but damn, the town is soooo sleepy and slow, but i guess it was also the holiday season. i wonder how it feel like sometime in the middle of the year. The city also looked clean, which was nice. it wasnt as hot as i expected. Mombasa is certainly hotter. There seemed to be air conditioning everywhere even in the cheap hotels, made me wonder what the cost of electricity is there.

Zanzibar was the best place ever. The people for some reason seemed friendlier that those on the mainland, where we were called manyang'ua and wachafuzi wa nchi...etc.(but most people were ok) the food culture in Zanzibar is great, i loved it.

All in all i loved the country........cheers

Liar!!

Ndugu Mnairobi, ina maana ardhi ya Kenya iko occupied from North to South? Meaning if I drive all the way from North to South there won't be an inch of empty space?

As for sleepy Dar, karibu sasa, shangwe kila kona!

Ndugu Mnairobi, ina maana ardhi ya Kenya iko occupied from North to South? Meaning if I drive all the way from North to South there won't be an inch of empty space?

As for sleepy Dar, karibu sasa, shangwe kila kona!

There is certainly a lot of empty tracks of land in kenya, but the scale in TZ just seemed more, especially with regard to arable land.

• Thanks
Reactions: FJM
Haha...sawa sawa mkubwa, kwa kweli mkubwa, lazima nitarudi.....
karibu tena,and ukirudi jaribu kwenda mwanza pia,utaona ukubwa wa hii nchi na idle land isiyoelezeka
by the way,i met few kenyans kwenye x-mass in arusha,nikafurahi uwepo wao maana walikuwa wanakunywa sana bia,nazni ukiachilia cheap price per bottle,walikuwa hawana hofu juu ya usalama wao

NB:hao waliowaita manyang'au wao ndio manyang'au,isiwape tabu,coz tupo over 40 million hapa tz,so wenye matatizo ya akili pia ni wengi,

karibu tena,and ukirudi jaribu kwenda mwanza pia,utaona ukubwa wa hii nchi na idle land isiyoelezeka
by the way,i met few kenyans kwenye x-mass in arusha,nikafurahi uwepo wao maana walikuwa wanakunywa sana bia,nazni ukiachilia cheap price per bottle,walikuwa hawana hofu juu ya usalama wao

NB:hao waliowaita manyang'au wao ndio manyang'au,isiwape tabu,coz tupo over 40 million hapa tz,so wenye matatizo ya akili pia ni wengi,

NB: unajipendekeza kwa mkenya.

What happened to my country? Tanzanians have become so unfriendly towards foreigners, especially the Kenyans. Hiyo naithibitisha mimi mwenyewe kwani niliwahi kumchukua rafiki yangu Mkenya kuja Tanzania...maneno aliyokuwa akiambiwa anapojulikana ni Mkenya, sikuamini. Kuanzia kuitwa kila mara kwa kebehi...wee Mkenya, hadi kuulizwa: mnafuata nini huku?!
Kwa kweli huwezi kufahamu hayo mpaka uwe Mkenya au uongozane na Mkenya.
Katika analysis zangu Watanzania wamefikia katika hali hii kwa sababu zifuatazo:
1- Kuathiriwa na wanasiasa- si kificho kuwa wanasiasa wengi wa Tanzania wako dhidi ya Kenya, kiasi hata kama jambo ni dhidi ya manufaa ya nchi. Mfano kujitoa kwenye soko la COMESA, kuwekewa vikwazo wawekezaji wengi wa Kenya kiasi kwamba sasa wana prefer Rwanda, South Sudan na Uganda. Wanasiasa hawa mara kwa mara wanatoa matamshi ya kuhofisha kuwa Wakenya watafanya hivi na vile, lakini kwa kweli wanaficha hofu yao ya kuumbulika, kwa maana nyingine wanaficha their 'inferiority complex'
2- Ufinyo wa upeo wa mawazo
3- Chuki za miaka ya nyuma: ni kweli katika utawala wa Kenyatta na Moi Watanzania walinyanyaswa sana Kenya. Kulikuwa na kufukuzwa-fukuzwa kila mara. Kuna wakati wazazi wa Kitanzania walifukuzwa na kuwaacha watoto wao sshuleni!i
Binafsi nilikuwa nafanya kazi Nairobi na kila siku ya Mungu wafanyakazi wenzangu Wakenya walikuwa wakiniuliza wee m-TZ utaruddi lini Kwenu?
Lakini jamani, wakati umesonga mbele sana, mambo mengi yamebadilika. Na kwa kweli Kenya is a natural partner to Tanzania. Kuna mengi yanayojumuisha Tanganyika na Kenya hata kuliko Tanganyika na Zanzibar.
Tusahau yaliyopita kwani mavi ya kale hayanuki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom