Msaada! Nawezaje kupata novel kama hii kwa ukamilifu bure pasipo kutumia App zao?

April Jr

JF-Expert Member
Mar 27, 2019
The Ultimate Heir System

FREE FREE FREE!

MegaNovel Sep 9 2023

The Anderson family mansion looked different tonight. The sound of applause filled the room as a woman and a man took turns putting on the rings.

Davis, on the other hand, smiled as he entered the room. This was the first time in his 25 years of attending a party. So he prepared his appearance as best as he could despite having to deplete his savings.

"Congratulations on your engagement, Ethan, Susan."

Davis suddenly froze when he heard the voice.

He saw two people he knew kissing on stage.

His happy smile vanished.

"What's going on here?" Davis said loud enough to get everyone's attention.

The crowd instantly split in two as he walked over.

All the Andersons smiled at the sight of Davis. They had long disliked the man as they considered him a useless nuisance. Tonight was his last night in their family.

"You've come at a good time, Davis," said Drake, the leader of the Anderson family, "Take those dirty dishes to the kitchen."

Davis clenched his fists tightly. "What's all this about?"

Drake walked over to Davis. "Didn't you hear what I just said? Take those dirty dishes to the kitchen right now!"

Davis didn’t respond to Drake's words. He was still surprised by Susan and Ethan who were holding hands on stage in matching outfits. "Did they two just get engaged?"

"As you can see, my daughter Susan just got engaged to Ethan. They are a perfect match in every way. Anyone would agree with me." Drake smiled broadly.

Davis looked at Susan and Ethan in turn. "But Grandpa said that I'm getting married to Susan in a month. I'm sure you and the rest of the Anderson family remember Grandpa’s word."

"What a fool! Who's going to marry you to Susan?" Drake yelled, approaching Davis with wide strides. "Take a look in the mirror to know who you are and where you stand! You're just a lucky piece of trash that my father brought into the Anderson family. Do you think I would be willing to marry Susan off to a useless and worthless man like you?"

Davis looked at everyone who was laughing and staring at him hatefully, except Susan who turned her head the other way. "I don't accept this engagement. I-"

Drake slapped Davis.

Everyone stifled their laughter at the sight, except Susan who remained silent.

"Do you ever think about who you are in this world? Ethan is so much better than you in every way. You don't even have wealth, position, or family. What my father said was nothing. Anyone knows that you are not worthy of my daughter Susan."

Davis was used to being humiliated and looked at with hatred. However, he could not accept this engagement.

Davis had loved Susan since he first met her fifteen years ago when he first came to the Anderson family as an adopted child. Susan was a woman who treated him well even though in recent months her attitude had changed considerably.

Davis turned to Ethan who was stifling a laugh. He had not known the man named Ethan for long. Ethan had visited the house several times and talked to Drake. However, Davis did not expect the man to have a relationship with Susan.

Davis tried to remember where he had seen Ethan besides in this house.

After thinking hard, he remembered that Ethan was the man who had beaten someone unconscious on the side of the road. Ethan was also the one who had gone into a bar with four women at once.

"Get out of this party immediately, Davis! You're just disrupting our happiness," said Emely, one of Susan's cousins.

"The only reason you're allowed to come to this party is because we want you to realize who you are and where you stand. You don't deserve Susan at all." Rebecca, Susan's other cousin, added.

"Leave before I kick you out, you fool!" threatened Romeo though he wasn't sure what he was saying since Davis was taller and bigger than him.

Davis approached the stage. "Ethan just wants to mess with Susan. I've seen him beat up someone on the side of the road. He also went with some women to the bar."

"What do you mean?" Ethan shouted, descending the stage with hurried steps. "Scum like you don't deserve to say anything about me at all."

"Susan, please believe me. Ethan just wants to play a trick on you. He's-"

"Son of a witch!" Ethan threw a punch, but Davis blocked his attack. He winced as Davis squeezed his wrist tightly. "Let go of my hand! You don't know who you're insulting!"

"Get your filthy hands off!" Drake slapped Davis again.

Romeo picked up a glass and poured the water on Davis. "Leave right now!"

Davis looked at Susan who didn't turn to him at all. His body received several throws of water. Davis released his grip on Ethan's hand, looked at each of the people who were throwing, and looked at him hatefully.

"You're going to pay for what you've done, scum!" Ethan prepared to hit Davis.

Davis parried Ethan's hand, pulling the man's shirt collar so hard that Ethan was lifted slightly. "What are you up to, Ethan? I know you just want to mess with Susan. Susan is a good woman who you shouldn't play with."

Everyone looked surprised, but no one dared to come closer.

Ethan could see the anger in Davis' eyes. "Get off me scum! You'll pay dearly for what you've done to me!"

"Stop it, Davis! You've gone too far!" Susan suddenly shouted, descending the stage with hurried steps.

David slowly released his grip, looking at Susan who gave him a cold stare. Just as he was about to speak, Susan suddenly slapped him.

"Susan," Davis muttered in disbelief. Compared to Drake's slap, Susan's slap was much more painful because it made his heart hurt. "Susan, I-"

"Davis, listen to me carefully." Susan let out a long breath. "Ethan and I are officially engaged and we're getting married in a month. I have no feelings for you whatsoever. I wouldn't marry you even if Grandpa asked me to. I don't hate you, but you're not the man of my choice. I have the right to choose the best man for me, and so do you. Davis, you've gone too far in accusing Ethan, but you can't prove your accusations at all."

Ethan smiled, taking Susan's hand. "Did you hear what my fiancée said? She doesn't like you at all. So, I hope you won't interfere with our relationship."

Davis looked down, clenching his hands into tight fists. All the images of his closeness to Susan instantly sprung up. Susan had never shown any interest in him. Susan just treated him better than the rest of the Andreson family.

"Susan, please believe me. Ethan is not a good man for you. He's-"

Susan turned her back on Davis. "Go away, Davis. I don't want to see you again."

"Susan, I ...." Davis found everyone who smiled at the sight of him crumbling. He turned around slowly, glanced at Susan.

Davis finally walked out of the room. The man didn't care about the sound of laughter and insults from people. He came with a happy smile but left with a wounded heart and pride. The woman he loved chose another man, and he could not do anything to stop it.

Davis stopped when he heard footsteps approaching. When he turned around, he found Drake standing in front of him.

"Listen to me, scum. Tonight is the last night you'll be a shrew in the Anderson family. I won't let you back into this family for good. You're lucky I didn't charge you a dime for your living expenses. If we meet again somewhere, never speak to me and my family. You only have half an hour to pack your things."

"Let me meet Grandpa as a farewell. I won't say anything about the matter. I only want to thank him." Davis looked down for a moment, turning to the other side.

Drake chuckled. "Don't take anything that belongs to my father or anyone else in this house. If you do, I'll drag you to jail until you rot there."

"I understand." Davis walked to his room at the back of the house.

"Scum like you deserve to live on the streets." Drake smiled mockingly, closing the door with a bang.

Davis entered his cramped room, grabbed a few pieces of clothing, and stuffed them into a bag. The man sat on the side of the bed, took a scrap of his childhood photo with Susan in the wallet, and kept it under the mattress.

Davis went upstairs, passing several checks until he stood in front of a door. He knocked slowly, entering the room after receiving permission.

"Davis, is that you?" asked Sebastian who was lying weakly on the bed. His eyes were closed, but his hands were trying to pull back the covers.

"Stay where you are, Grandpa." Davis adjusted the blanket, sitting on the side of the bed.

"Did they hurt you again, Davis?"

"No, they didn't. Everything's fine." David took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment. "Grandpa, I’ve decided to get out of the Anderson family and start an independent life out there. At 25 years old, I think I should do it."

"Did they kick you out of the house?" Sebastian opened his eyes, turning to Davis who was beside him. "They haven't changed."

"I made my decision without anyone's coercion. I thank you for helping me all these years. I won't forget your kindness forever. I also promise to repay all your kindness."

Sebastian looked up at the ceiling of the room. "I won't stop you from leaving if that's your decision, Davis. You have the right to make your life choices. But before that, I want to give you something. Take a box from the small brown cabinet."

Davis walked over to the small brown cabinet, picked up a small box at the lowest shelf, and sat back down next to Sebastian.

"Open the box," Sebastian pleaded.

Davis opened the box and found a silver ring.

"That ring is yours now. I'm sure that ring can help you."

Davis examined the ring carefully. He noticed the tiger pattern surrounding the ring. "This ring is mine?"

Davis wore the ring on his left finger. He had many questions in his mind about the ring.

Sebastian took Davis's hand, turning his head with a warm gaze. "Davis, please promise me. You never hurt Anderson family even if they always hurt you. "

Davis looked down. Protecting the Anderson family after they had hurt him all these years was a very difficult thing. "I'll try to do it, Grandpa."

Davis left Sebastian's room after saying goodbye. Once down the stairs, he found Susan, Ethan, Drake, Romeo, the Anderson family members, and two bodyguards already behind him.

"You son of a witch! I gave you a chance to say goodbye to my father, but you stole my precious watch!" Drake scolded.

"I didn't steal anything." Davis looked at the bag that Drake was holding. He knew that this was all their doing.

"Take him to the police station!" Drake ordered the two guards.

"We can check the CCTV to prove it." Davis pushed the two guards. "I'm totally-"

"Mr. Sebastian's condition suddenly deteriorated," said one of the guards at the top of the stairs, "I found him lying unconscious on the floor. According to the CCTV footage, Mr. Sebastian was pushed by Davis."

"What have you done to my father, you ungrateful fool! Is this how you repay my father for bringing you into this family and protecting you all these years? I'll finish you if my father has anything bad happen to him!" Drake slapped Davis for the third time tonight. He deliberately bumped Davis' shoulder, walking hurriedly upstairs. "Get that trash out of this house right now!"

"You'll rot in jail forever," Romeo snapped as he bumped Davis' shoulder, walking up the stairs quickly.

Emely gave a hateful look. He and the rest of the Anderson family soon caught up with Drake and Romeo.

Davis rushed up, but he was quickly restrained by two guards. "I didn't do what you're accusing me of. I couldn't possibly-"

"Davis, that's enough!" screamed Susan with a face full of anger, "You’d better get out of this house! I'll get over the fact that you stole my father's watch, but I won't forgive you if you dare to harm Grandpa."

Susan hurried up the stairs.

Ethan smiled with satisfaction as he watched Davis begin to be pulled out of the house. "You piece of trash. I won't let you reveal my true identity.”

Davis tried to break free, but he was now being held back by six guards at once. "I've never stolen anything. I never harmed Grandpa either. I haven't done any of the things you're accusing me of!"

"Shut up!" Snapped one of the guards as he pulled Davis with full force.

"I never did ..." Davis fell silent when he realized no one was defending him. Instead, he saw the hateful stares and heard the insults and curses directed at him from the guests.

Davis closed his eyes to keep from crying. Just because he had no family and no wealth, everyone treated him like trash. "I never harmed Grandpa or stole anything! You can check the CCTV now! I beg you to please listen to me this time. I-"

Davis felt his body fly for a moment, and one second later landed quite hard on the floor below. The rain was suddenly pouring down heavily.

One of the guards picked up the call, then spoke, "Mr. Drake asked us to leave the trash outside. We don't need to take it to the police station."

Davis slowly stood up, staring at Sebastian's room. Fifteen years ago he had been so happy when he came to this house as an adopted child, but now he was being sent away on a heinous charge without being able to prove his innocence.

Davis hopped on his electric bike, exiting the gate of the house with an occasional glance back. No one bids him farewell and no one mourns his departure, including Susan who once greeted him warmly.

Davis passed through the city park, which is deserted by vehicles. The image of Susan kissing Ethan made him hurt. However, what torments him was being accused of Sebastian's crime. Tonight was a night he would never forget for the rest of his life.

Davis looked back when he saw a blinding light in the rearview mirror. He was shocked to find a car speeding towards him. Before he could act, the car had already slammed into him, sending him flying forward.

Davis flew through the air for some time. His body hit the road quite hard, rolling around until he finally lay bleeding in the middle of the road. His whole body was immobilized. His vision began to blur and his hearing buzzed very loudly.

Davis felt the world was unfair to him. The tears he had been holding back finally came. He had nothing and no one by his side all this time. After losing the woman he loved and being kicked out of the Anderson family on a heinous charge, he had an accident that took his life. Should he die tonight?

"I don't want to die. I still want to live. I still have a lot of things I want to achieve. I will not die easily. I will live."

Davis closed his eyes. All the moments of his life suddenly popped into his mind. When he felt that he could no longer survive, he seemed to hear the sound of something.

[Ding]

[Conditions fulfilled]

[Initiate system installation]

[10%, 30%, 50%, 70%, 90%, 95%, 100%]

[System installed successfully]

[System merges with host]

[Heir Status activated]

[Warning!]

[Host in an emergency. Rescue system activated immediately]

[Initiate healing process using available MP]

Davis' body was suddenly enveloped in green light for nearly two minutes. The ring on his hand glowed green during the healing process. His body returned to normal after the healing was completed as if he had never experienced any accident.

[The healing process is complete]

Davis began to open his eyes, blinking a few times until his vision became clear. "Am I dead?"

Davis sat on the road, observing his body, pressing it a few times. He found traces of blood on most of his clothes, but strangely he didn't feel any pain.

Davis scanned the surroundings. "I'm still at the scene of the accident. Am I dead now?"

Davis stood up, surveying the surroundings again. "I don't see my body lying in this place. Did someone take my body to the hospital? If so, why is this place so deserted? Shouldn't there be police lines and such?"

David suddenly fell silent. "I should have realized that my existence is completely unimportant. I'm nothing more than-"

[Welcome, Host]

[Congratulations You have successfully qualified to activate the Ultimate Heir System. From today onwards, the system will be your companion]

Davis was so shocked that he jumped back. "Who was talking to me just now? Is it possible that a ghost is going to be my companion in this place?"

[I am the system. We are already connected]

"Show me who you are. Come out and don't hide!" Davis twisted his body as his gaze scanned the surroundings. Surprisingly, he did not find anyone nearby. He only found his electric bicycle burning on the side of the road.

[Currently, the system has no form yet, but the system can talk to the Host through the Host's mind]

"Stop playing with me! Hurry up and get out!" Davis froze when he saw the ring on his finger emitting blue light. "What happened to this ring?"

[The ring you are wearing is our current link. You can say "open" to unlock your status]

"It's weird, but I'll give it a try. Open."

A holographic screen instantly appeared in front of Davis coming from his ring. The screen showed Davis' personal information.

[1. Personal Information]

[Name: Davis]

[Family: Miller]

[Place, date of Birth: Oaktown, August 25, 1998]

[Age: 25 years old]

[Blood Type: O]

[Father: Information not yet available*]

[Mother: Information not yet available*]

[Status]

[Heir status: Level 1 (10/100)]

[Health Point: 20/20]

[Strength: 12 | Defense: 13 | Intelligence: 13 | Agility: 12]

[Money Power: $999,000,000]

[Note: $1,000,000 has already been used for your healing process from your recent accident]

Davis was so shocked that he fell. He touched the holographic screen and found his hand going through it. "What is this all about? It's like I'm seeing player status in a game I've seen before. Is all this real?"

[You can simplify the display by pressing the "minimize" button]

Davis pressed the "minimize" button. The information screen changed to be simpler than before.

[Host Name: Davis]

[Heir Status: Level 1 (10/100)]

Davis observed the writing on the screen carefully. "The information I see now is not much different from the player characters in a game I've seen, except for MP which usually means Mana Points or Magic Points."

Davis paused when he saw the family name "Miller". He touched the words and a small screen suddenly appeared accompanied by a system sound.

[Miller family information will be unlocked when the Heir Status reaches level 40]

"The Miller family? I've never heard of the Miller family before. Is it true that Miller is my family name?"

Davis smiled despite his confusion. He suddenly fell silent when he saw that the information about his father and mother was still not available. When he touched the words "information not yet available", a small screen appeared and the system spoke again.

[Your parents' information will be unlocked when the Heir Status reaches level 60]

Davis scratched his hair in increasing confusion. "Heir Status? What does that mean? In the description on the screen, my heir status is still level 1. How can I increase my status?"

[Heir status is a status that indicates your current status within the Miller family. It can increase or decrease depending on your success or failure in completing quests from the system. If you complete the quests, you will earn MP (Money Power) and EXP (experience points) to increase your Heir Status. The amount of MP and EXP earned is adjusted to the difficulty level of the quest. But if you fail to complete the quest, your MP and EXP will be reduced according to the level of the quest you are running]

[Each time your Heir Status increases, your Health Point, Strength, Intelligence Defense, and Agility will also increase]

Davis massaged his increasingly dizzy head. "If this system was really real, it should have appeared when I was alive. I definitely wouldn't have suffered like the life I've been living."

[Warning!]

[A truck is speeding towards you!]

[Dodge immediately before you get into an accident that causes your MP to decrease again]

Davis suddenly turned around when he saw two points of light approaching from the end of the road.

[Warning!]

[Warning!]

Davis was surprised to see that a truck was already quite close to him.

"Hey idiot, what are you doing in the middle of the road?" A truck driver thrust half of his body through the window. "Get lost before I hit you!"

"He saw me?" Davis pondered. "I'm still alive?"

"Get out of the way!" The driver was forced to brake the truck to a stop in front of Davis. He rushed down, pulling Davis' shirt collar tightly. "Do you want to die? If you want to die, don't make it hard for others!"

Davis was silent for a while. "Can you see me?"

"Of course I see you, TSK! If I didn't, I would've driven to the end of the road!"

"So, I'm alive now?"

"TSK! Don't test my patience! Get out of the way!"

"But I just had an accident. Look at the way I look now and my electric bike burning on the side of the road! I've died and become a ghost."

"You fool!" The truck driver prepared to hit Davis.

[Warning!]

[Truck driver preparing to hit you]

Davis chose to ignore the warning, but the blow was blocked by his reflexively moving hand. "My hand managed to catch that guy's hand."

"TSK!" The truck driver was annoyed that his punch was stopped. "I'm more afraid of not having money than seeing ghosts! Get yourself checked by a doctor if you want to know if you're alive or not!"

The trucker rushed up the truck, honking the horn while Davis was still standing in the middle of the road. "Get out of the way!"

Davis finally moved to the side of the road, watching the departure of the truck that was traveling quite fast. "So, I'm still alive after that accident."

Davis looked at the hologram screen again. His finger pointed at the MP usage record of $1,000,000 used for his recovery process from the accident. A video feed suddenly appeared.

Davis saw footage of his body being slammed and rolled around by a car hit from behind. He was shocked when his body was enveloped in green light and woke up again in the same confusion as he had a few minutes ago.

"If I did have an accident and had to be hospitalized until I recovered, it would probably cost me the equivalent of $1,000,000."

Davis smiled as he looked at his ring. "Is it because of this ring? This system came into being when I was wearing this ring."

[Ding]

[Main Quest has been created]

[Difficulty level: Easy]

[Quest: Look Like an High-Class Family]

[Quest duration: 60 minutes]

[Reward: 50 EXP + $500,000]

Davis was surprised when he saw the information on the holographic screen, reading carefully. "The first quest has appeared and it's an easy one. I just have to dress like a high-class family. But I don't have the money to buy luxury items. I kept my wallet under the seat of my electric bike. My wallet might have been burnt."

[You can use your Money Power to buy the things you need]

"I have $999,000,000 Money Power in the system. If I can use money power, I am very rich now. I'm probably richer than anyone else in this city." Davis smiled. "But how do I use Money Power?"

[Say "print" if you want the system to print your special card]

"That easy?" Davis still didn't believe this fully. "There's no harm in trying. Print."

A white light suddenly appeared in front of Davis. As the light disappeared, a black card that read World Exclusive Bank in gold ink appeared.

Davis accepted the card, touching each section. When he turned the card over, he found the name "Davis Miller" written in gold ink. "This card looks great. Can I use it?"

[You used $10,000 of Money Power to print your special card. You have $998.990.000 Money Power left now]

[Main Quest completion time: 58 minutes 15 seconds]

"I have a lot of questions in my head right now, but I have no other choice but to follow the quests given by the system. I want to know if this system is real or not."

Davis surveyed the surroundings. "I have no choice but to walk. I'm lucky that this place isn't too far from the city center."

The rain was pouring down again when Davis started running towards the city center. When he entered the city, Davis observed one by one the shops on the left and right sides of the street.

[Main Quest completion time: 50 minutes]

The rain slowly stopped. Davis ran on the sidewalk as he scanned the buildings one by one. He didn't care about the disgusted stares from people.

Davis stopped in front of a luxurious building. Heaven Hall was the most famous place in the city of Leaventown. It had complete facilities ranging from clothing and accessories outlets, salons, entertainment, and sports facilities to lodging. He had heard Heaven Hall mentioned several times by the Anderson family.

"This is the most suitable place." Davis walked toward the entrance, but a guard suddenly blocked his way.

"This place doesn't accept beggars like you. Stay away before I get rough with you," The guard said in a cold voice.

"I didn't come to beg. I came to buy some clothes and shoes inside. Let me in."

"Stop bragging! I often hear the same words from beggars who barge in. After being let in, they just make a mess inside."

"I already said that I'm not a beggar. I have enough money to enter Heaven Hall."

"It’d take you years just to buy the cheapest piece of clothing in Heaven Hall. Leave now!"

Some pedestrians began to stop, watching Davis and the guard's feud. They started whispering, looking at Davis in disgust.

"Look at how you look now! You're even worse than the beggar who came last week. Your coming to Heaven Hall will only disturb the other visitors. If you take one step forward, I'll kick you and haul you off to jail."

Davis saw his appearance in the window. He was soaking wet with an appearance not much different from a beggar. "I have-"

[Warning!]

[Guard prepares to hit you]

Davis moved to the side as the guard threw a punch. The guard was surprised because he didn't expect his attack to be dodged.

‘This is amazing’, Davis thought.

Three other guards approached the entrance. With the instruction of the first guard, they began to surround Davis. Some passersby started making videos.

[Main Quest completion time remaining: 45 minutes]

Davis observed the guards one by one. He was a self-taught martial artist because he has been practicing since he was a teenager. He had also been involved in several fights with thugs on the streets. However, facing four well-trained guards would not be easy.

[Ding]

[Sub Quest has been created]

[Quest: Defeat the Four Guards within Two Minutes]

[Quest duration: 2 minutes]

[Reward: 5 EXP + $50,000]

Davis was surprised to see a holographic screen suddenly appear in front of him. He thought about making a plan to defeat the four guards.

"I want to make a bet. If I can knock you guys out in two minutes, you have to let me in. But if I lose, I'll leave and never come back. Do you agree?"

"Alright." One of the guards spoke.

"But I want ...."

The four guards suddenly attacked without wanting to wait for Davis to finish speaking.

Davis jumped up, kicking two of the guards in the face until they were pushed back and collapsed. The pedestrians were shocked when they saw Davis' action.

[Two guards have been defeated]

[Sub Quest: Defeat All Four Guards within Two Minutes: 2/4]

[Sub Quest completion time: 1 minute 50 seconds]

[Main Quest completion time: 44 minutes]

Davis moved to the side to avoid the ambush of the other two guards. He exchanged punches and kicks with both guards for a while. Davis managed to keep up with the guards even though he was pushed to the side of the road.

Davis almost fell because he failed to block the kick of one guard.

As another guard was about to ambush him, he moved to the side, throwing a flowerpot. When the guard caught the flowerpot, he quickly kicked the flowerpot until the guard who caught it fell.

[One guard defeated]

[Sub Quest: Defeat All Four Guards within Two Minutes: 3/4]

[Sub Quest completion time: 1 minute 20 seconds]

[Main Quest completion time: 43 minutes 30 seconds]

Davis was pushed forward when the last guard kicked him in the back. When he turned around, the guard was ready with a punch. Davis managed to dodge and retreat to keep his distance.

Davis and the guard engaged in punches and kicks for nearly a minute. More and more pedestrians came to watch the fight, including people near the entrance of Heaven Hall.

[Warning!]

[Sub Quest completion time: 20 seconds]

[Main Quest completion time: 42 minutes 30 seconds]

Davis was silent for a moment as he looked back at the holographic screen. His guard was down until the last guard managed to land a kick to his stomach. Davis endured the pain, quickly catching the guard's leg. Unfortunately, he was kicked hard again.

[Warning!]

[Sub Quest completion time: 10 seconds]

[Main Quest completion time: 43 minutes 20 seconds]

[Start counting down Sub Quest completion time: 10, 9, ...]

The Ultimate Heir System

FREE FREE FREE!

MegaNovel Sep 9 2023

The Anderson family mansion looked different tonight. The sound of applause filled the room as a woman and a man took turns putting on the rings.

Davis, on the other hand, smiled as he entered the room. This was the first time in his 25 years of attending a party. So he prepared his appearance as best as he could despite having to deplete his savings.

"Congratulations on your engagement, Ethan, Susan."

Davis suddenly froze when he heard the voice.

He saw two people he knew kissing on stage.

His happy smile vanished.

"What's going on here?" Davis said loud enough to get everyone's attention.

The crowd instantly split in two as he walked over.

All the Andersons smiled at the sight of Davis. They had long disliked the man as they considered him a useless nuisance. Tonight was his last night in their family.

"You've come at a good time, Davis," said Drake, the leader of the Anderson family, "Take those dirty dishes to the kitchen."

Davis clenched his fists tightly. "What's all this about?"

Drake walked over to Davis. "Didn't you hear what I just said? Take those dirty dishes to the kitchen right now!"

Davis didn’t respond to Drake's words. He was still surprised by Susan and Ethan who were holding hands on stage in matching outfits. "Did they two just get engaged?"

"As you can see, my daughter Susan just got engaged to Ethan. They are a perfect match in every way. Anyone would agree with me." Drake smiled broadly.

Davis looked at Susan and Ethan in turn. "But Grandpa said that I'm getting married to Susan in a month. I'm sure you and the rest of the Anderson family remember Grandpa’s word."

"What a fool! Who's going to marry you to Susan?" Drake yelled, approaching Davis with wide strides. "Take a look in the mirror to know who you are and where you stand! You're just a lucky piece of trash that my father brought into the Anderson family. Do you think I would be willing to marry Susan off to a useless and worthless man like you?"

Davis looked at everyone who was laughing and staring at him hatefully, except Susan who turned her head the other way. "I don't accept this engagement. I-"

Drake slapped Davis.

Everyone stifled their laughter at the sight, except Susan who remained silent.

"Do you ever think about who you are in this world? Ethan is so much better than you in every way. You don't even have wealth, position, or family. What my father said was nothing. Anyone knows that you are not worthy of my daughter Susan."

Davis was used to being humiliated and looked at with hatred. However, he could not accept this engagement.

Davis had loved Susan since he first met her fifteen years ago when he first came to the Anderson family as an adopted child. Susan was a woman who treated him well even though in recent months her attitude had changed considerably.

Davis turned to Ethan who was stifling a laugh. He had not known the man named Ethan for long. Ethan had visited the house several times and talked to Drake. However, Davis did not expect the man to have a relationship with Susan.

Davis tried to remember where he had seen Ethan besides in this house.

After thinking hard, he remembered that Ethan was the man who had beaten someone unconscious on the side of the road. Ethan was also the one who had gone into a bar with four women at once.

"Get out of this party immediately, Davis! You're just disrupting our happiness," said Emely, one of Susan's cousins.

"The only reason you're allowed to come to this party is because we want you to realize who you are and where you stand. You don't deserve Susan at all." Rebecca, Susan's other cousin, added.

"Leave before I kick you out, you fool!" threatened Romeo though he wasn't sure what he was saying since Davis was taller and bigger than him.

Davis approached the stage. "Ethan just wants to mess with Susan. I've seen him beat up someone on the side of the road. He also went with some women to the bar."

"What do you mean?" Ethan shouted, descending the stage with hurried steps. "Scum like you don't deserve to say anything about me at all."

"Susan, please believe me. Ethan just wants to play a trick on you. He's-"

"Son of a witch!" Ethan threw a punch, but Davis blocked his attack. He winced as Davis squeezed his wrist tightly. "Let go of my hand! You don't know who you're insulting!"

"Get your filthy hands off!" Drake slapped Davis again.

Romeo picked up a glass and poured the water on Davis. "Leave right now!"

Davis looked at Susan who didn't turn to him at all. His body received several throws of water. Davis released his grip on Ethan's hand, looked at each of the people who were throwing, and looked at him hatefully.

"You're going to pay for what you've done, scum!" Ethan prepared to hit Davis.

Davis parried Ethan's hand, pulling the man's shirt collar so hard that Ethan was lifted slightly. "What are you up to, Ethan? I know you just want to mess with Susan. Susan is a good woman who you shouldn't play with."

Everyone looked surprised, but no one dared to come closer.

Ethan could see the anger in Davis' eyes. "Get off me scum! You'll pay dearly for what you've done to me!"

"Stop it, Davis! You've gone too far!" Susan suddenly shouted, descending the stage with hurried steps.

David slowly released his grip, looking at Susan who gave him a cold stare. Just as he was about to speak, Susan suddenly slapped him.

"Susan," Davis muttered in disbelief. Compared to Drake's slap, Susan's slap was much more painful because it made his heart hurt. "Susan, I-"

"Davis, listen to me carefully." Susan let out a long breath. "Ethan and I are officially engaged and we're getting married in a month. I have no feelings for you whatsoever. I wouldn't marry you even if Grandpa asked me to. I don't hate you, but you're not the man of my choice. I have the right to choose the best man for me, and so do you. Davis, you've gone too far in accusing Ethan, but you can't prove your accusations at all."

Ethan smiled, taking Susan's hand. "Did you hear what my fiancée said? She doesn't like you at all. So, I hope you won't interfere with our relationship."

Davis looked down, clenching his hands into tight fists. All the images of his closeness to Susan instantly sprung up. Susan had never shown any interest in him. Susan just treated him better than the rest of the Andreson family.

"Susan, please believe me. Ethan is not a good man for you. He's-"

Susan turned her back on Davis. "Go away, Davis. I don't want to see you again."

"Susan, I ...." Davis found everyone who smiled at the sight of him crumbling. He turned around slowly, glanced at Susan.

Davis finally walked out of the room. The man didn't care about the sound of laughter and insults from people. He came with a happy smile but left with a wounded heart and pride. The woman he loved chose another man, and he could not do anything to stop it.

Davis stopped when he heard footsteps approaching. When he turned around, he found Drake standing in front of him.

"Listen to me, scum. Tonight is the last night you'll be a shrew in the Anderson family. I won't let you back into this family for good. You're lucky I didn't charge you a dime for your living expenses. If we meet again somewhere, never speak to me and my family. You only have half an hour to pack your things."

"Let me meet Grandpa as a farewell. I won't say anything about the matter. I only want to thank him." Davis looked down for a moment, turning to the other side.

Drake chuckled. "Don't take anything that belongs to my father or anyone else in this house. If you do, I'll drag you to jail until you rot there."

"I understand." Davis walked to his room at the back of the house.

"Scum like you deserve to live on the streets." Drake smiled mockingly, closing the door with a bang.

Davis entered his cramped room, grabbed a few pieces of clothing, and stuffed them into a bag. The man sat on the side of the bed, took a scrap of his childhood photo with Susan in the wallet, and kept it under the mattress.

Davis went upstairs, passing several checks until he stood in front of a door. He knocked slowly, entering the room after receiving permission.

"Davis, is that you?" asked Sebastian who was lying weakly on the bed. His eyes were closed, but his hands were trying to pull back the covers.

"Stay where you are, Grandpa." Davis adjusted the blanket, sitting on the side of the bed.

"Did they hurt you again, Davis?"

"No, they didn't. Everything's fine." David took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment. "Grandpa, I’ve decided to get out of the Anderson family and start an independent life out there. At 25 years old, I think I should do it."

"Did they kick you out of the house?" Sebastian opened his eyes, turning to Davis who was beside him. "They haven't changed."

"I made my decision without anyone's coercion. I thank you for helping me all these years. I won't forget your kindness forever. I also promise to repay all your kindness."

Sebastian looked up at the ceiling of the room. "I won't stop you from leaving if that's your decision, Davis. You have the right to make your life choices. But before that, I want to give you something. Take a box from the small brown cabinet."

Davis walked over to the small brown cabinet, picked up a small box at the lowest shelf, and sat back down next to Sebastian.

"Open the box," Sebastian pleaded.

Davis opened the box and found a silver ring.

"That ring is yours now. I'm sure that ring can help you."

Davis examined the ring carefully. He noticed the tiger pattern surrounding the ring. "This ring is mine?"

Davis wore the ring on his left finger. He had many questions in his mind about the ring.

Sebastian took Davis's hand, turning his head with a warm gaze. "Davis, please promise me. You never hurt Anderson family even if they always hurt you. "

Davis looked down. Protecting the Anderson family after they had hurt him all these years was a very difficult thing. "I'll try to do it, Grandpa."

Davis left Sebastian's room after saying goodbye. Once down the stairs, he found Susan, Ethan, Drake, Romeo, the Anderson family members, and two bodyguards already behind him.

"You son of a witch! I gave you a chance to say goodbye to my father, but you stole my precious watch!" Drake scolded.

"I didn't steal anything." Davis looked at the bag that Drake was holding. He knew that this was all their doing.

"Take him to the police station!" Drake ordered the two guards.

"We can check the CCTV to prove it." Davis pushed the two guards. "I'm totally-"

"Mr. Sebastian's condition suddenly deteriorated," said one of the guards at the top of the stairs, "I found him lying unconscious on the floor. According to the CCTV footage, Mr. Sebastian was pushed by Davis."

"What have you done to my father, you ungrateful fool! Is this how you repay my father for bringing you into this family and protecting you all these years? I'll finish you if my father has anything bad happen to him!" Drake slapped Davis for the third time tonight. He deliberately bumped Davis' shoulder, walking hurriedly upstairs. "Get that trash out of this house right now!"

"You'll rot in jail forever," Romeo snapped as he bumped Davis' shoulder, walking up the stairs quickly.

Emely gave a hateful look. He and the rest of the Anderson family soon caught up with Drake and Romeo.

Davis rushed up, but he was quickly restrained by two guards. "I didn't do what you're accusing me of. I couldn't possibly-"

"Davis, that's enough!" screamed Susan with a face full of anger, "You’d better get out of this house! I'll get over the fact that you stole my father's watch, but I won't forgive you if you dare to harm Grandpa."

Susan hurried up the stairs.

Ethan smiled with satisfaction as he watched Davis begin to be pulled out of the house. "You piece of trash. I won't let you reveal my true identity.”

Davis tried to break free, but he was now being held back by six guards at once. "I've never stolen anything. I never harmed Grandpa either. I haven't done any of the things you're accusing me of!"

"Shut up!" Snapped one of the guards as he pulled Davis with full force.

"I never did ..." Davis fell silent when he realized no one was defending him. Instead, he saw the hateful stares and heard the insults and curses directed at him from the guests.

Davis closed his eyes to keep from crying. Just because he had no family and no wealth, everyone treated him like trash. "I never harmed Grandpa or stole anything! You can check the CCTV now! I beg you to please listen to me this time. I-"

Davis felt his body fly for a moment, and one second later landed quite hard on the floor below. The rain was suddenly pouring down heavily.

One of the guards picked up the call, then spoke, "Mr. Drake asked us to leave the trash outside. We don't need to take it to the police station."

Davis slowly stood up, staring at Sebastian's room. Fifteen years ago he had been so happy when he came to this house as an adopted child, but now he was being sent away on a heinous charge without being able to prove his innocence.

Davis hopped on his electric bike, exiting the gate of the house with an occasional glance back. No one bids him farewell and no one mourns his departure, including Susan who once greeted him warmly.

Davis passed through the city park, which is deserted by vehicles. The image of Susan kissing Ethan made him hurt. However, what torments him was being accused of Sebastian's crime. Tonight was a night he would never forget for the rest of his life.

Davis looked back when he saw a blinding light in the rearview mirror. He was shocked to find a car speeding towards him. Before he could act, the car had already slammed into him, sending him flying forward.

Davis flew through the air for some time. His body hit the road quite hard, rolling around until he finally lay bleeding in the middle of the road. His whole body was immobilized. His vision began to blur and his hearing buzzed very loudly.

Davis felt the world was unfair to him. The tears he had been holding back finally came. He had nothing and no one by his side all this time. After losing the woman he loved and being kicked out of the Anderson family on a heinous charge, he had an accident that took his life. Should he die tonight?

"I don't want to die. I still want to live. I still have a lot of things I want to achieve. I will not die easily. I will live."

Davis closed his eyes. All the moments of his life suddenly popped into his mind. When he felt that he could no longer survive, he seemed to hear the sound of something.

[Ding]

[Conditions fulfilled]

[Initiate system installation]

[10%, 30%, 50%, 70%, 90%, 95%, 100%]

[System installed successfully]

[System merges with host]

[Heir Status activated]

[Warning!]

[Host in an emergency. Rescue system activated immediately]

[Initiate healing process using available MP]

Davis' body was suddenly enveloped in green light for nearly two minutes. The ring on his hand glowed green during the healing process. His body returned to normal after the healing was completed as if he had never experienced any accident.

[The healing process is complete]

Davis began to open his eyes, blinking a few times until his vision became clear. "Am I dead?"

Davis sat on the road, observing his body, pressing it a few times. He found traces of blood on most of his clothes, but strangely he didn't feel any pain.

Davis scanned the surroundings. "I'm still at the scene of the accident. Am I dead now?"

Davis stood up, surveying the surroundings again. "I don't see my body lying in this place. Did someone take my body to the hospital? If so, why is this place so deserted? Shouldn't there be police lines and such?"

David suddenly fell silent. "I should have realized that my existence is completely unimportant. I'm nothing more than-"

[Welcome, Host]

[Congratulations You have successfully qualified to activate the Ultimate Heir System. From today onwards, the system will be your companion]

Davis was so shocked that he jumped back. "Who was talking to me just now? Is it possible that a ghost is going to be my companion in this place?"

[I am the system. We are already connected]

"Show me who you are. Come out and don't hide!" Davis twisted his body as his gaze scanned the surroundings. Surprisingly, he did not find anyone nearby. He only found his electric bicycle burning on the side of the road.

[Currently, the system has no form yet, but the system can talk to the Host through the Host's mind]

"Stop playing with me! Hurry up and get out!" Davis froze when he saw the ring on his finger emitting blue light. "What happened to this ring?"

[The ring you are wearing is our current link. You can say "open" to unlock your status]

"It's weird, but I'll give it a try. Open."

A holographic screen instantly appeared in front of Davis coming from his ring. The screen showed Davis' personal information.

[1. Personal Information]

[Name: Davis]

[Place, date of Birth: Oaktown, August 25, 1998]

[Age: 25 years old]

[Blood Type: O]

[Father: Information not yet available*]

[Mother: Information not yet available*]

[Status]

[Heir status: Level 1 (10/100)]

[Note: $1,000,000 has already been used for your healing process from your recent accident]

Davis was so shocked that he fell. He touched the holographic screen and found his hand going through it. "What is this all about? It's like I'm seeing player status in a game I've seen before. Is all this real?"

[You can simplify the display by pressing the "minimize" button]

Davis pressed the "minimize" button. The information screen changed to be simpler than before.

[Host Name: Davis]

[Heir Status: Level 1 (10/100)]

Davis observed the writing on the screen carefully. "The information I see now is not much different from the player characters in a game I've seen, except for MP which usually means Mana Points or Magic Points."

Davis paused when he saw the family name "Miller". He touched the words and a small screen suddenly appeared accompanied by a system sound.

[Miller family information will be unlocked when the Heir Status reaches level 40]

"The Miller family? I've never heard of the Miller family before. Is it true that Miller is my family name?"

Davis smiled despite his confusion. He suddenly fell silent when he saw that the information about his father and mother was still not available. When he touched the words "information not yet available", a small screen appeared and the system spoke again.

[Your parents' information will be unlocked when the Heir Status reaches level 60]

Davis scratched his hair in increasing confusion. "Heir Status? What does that mean? In the description on the screen, my heir status is still level 1. How can I increase my status?"

[Heir status is a status that indicates your current status within the Miller family. It can increase or decrease depending on your success or failure in completing quests from the system. If you complete the quests, you will earn MP (Money Power) and EXP (experience points) to increase your Heir Status. The amount of MP and EXP earned is adjusted to the difficulty level of the quest. But if you fail to complete the quest, your MP and EXP will be reduced according to the level of the quest you are running]

[Each time your Heir Status increases, your Health Point, Strength, Intelligence Defense, and Agility will also increase]

Davis massaged his increasingly dizzy head. "If this system was really real, it should have appeared when I was alive. I definitely wouldn't have suffered like the life I've been living."

[Warning!]

[A truck is speeding towards you!]

[Dodge immediately before you get into an accident that causes your MP to decrease again]

Davis suddenly turned around when he saw two points of light approaching from the end of the road.

[Warning!]

[Warning!]

Davis was surprised to see that a truck was already quite close to him.

"Hey idiot, what are you doing in the middle of the road?" A truck driver thrust half of his body through the window. "Get lost before I hit you!"

"He saw me?" Davis pondered. "I'm still alive?"

"Get out of the way!" The driver was forced to brake the truck to a stop in front of Davis. He rushed down, pulling Davis' shirt collar tightly. "Do you want to die? If you want to die, don't make it hard for others!"

Davis was silent for a while. "Can you see me?"

"Of course I see you, TSK! If I didn't, I would've driven to the end of the road!"

"So, I'm alive now?"

"TSK! Don't test my patience! Get out of the way!"

"But I just had an accident. Look at the way I look now and my electric bike burning on the side of the road! I've died and become a ghost."

"You fool!" The truck driver prepared to hit Davis.

[Warning!]

[Truck driver preparing to hit you]

Davis chose to ignore the warning, but the blow was blocked by his reflexively moving hand. "My hand managed to catch that guy's hand."

"TSK!" The truck driver was annoyed that his punch was stopped. "I'm more afraid of not having money than seeing ghosts! Get yourself checked by a doctor if you want to know if you're alive or not!"

The trucker rushed up the truck, honking the horn while Davis was still standing in the middle of the road. "Get out of the way!"

Davis finally moved to the side of the road, watching the departure of the truck that was traveling quite fast. "So, I'm still alive after that accident."

Davis looked at the hologram screen again. His finger pointed at the MP usage record of $1,000,000 used for his recovery process from the accident. A video feed suddenly appeared.

Davis saw footage of his body being slammed and rolled around by a car hit from behind. He was shocked when his body was enveloped in green light and woke up again in the same confusion as he had a few minutes ago.

"If I did have an accident and had to be hospitalized until I recovered, it would probably cost me the equivalent of $1,000,000."

Davis smiled as he looked at his ring. "Is it because of this ring? This system came into being when I was wearing this ring."

[Ding]

[Main Quest has been created]

[Quest: Look Like an High-Class Family]

[Quest duration: 60 minutes]

[Reward: 50 EXP + $500,000]

Davis was surprised when he saw the information on the holographic screen, reading carefully. "The first quest has appeared and it's an easy one. I just have to dress like a high-class family. But I don't have the money to buy luxury items. I kept my wallet under the seat of my electric bike. My wallet might have been burnt."

[You can use your Money Power to buy the things you need]

"I have $999,000,000 Money Power in the system. If I can use money power, I am very rich now. I'm probably richer than anyone else in this city." Davis smiled. "But how do I use Money Power?"

[Say "print" if you want the system to print your special card]

"That easy?" Davis still didn't believe this fully. "There's no harm in trying. Print."

A white light suddenly appeared in front of Davis. As the light disappeared, a black card that read World Exclusive Bank in gold ink appeared.

Davis accepted the card, touching each section. When he turned the card over, he found the name "Davis Miller" written in gold ink. "This card looks great. Can I use it?"

[You used $10,000 of Money Power to print your special card. You have $998.990.000 Money Power left now]

[Main Quest completion time: 58 minutes 15 seconds]

"I have a lot of questions in my head right now, but I have no other choice but to follow the quests given by the system. I want to know if this system is real or not."

Davis surveyed the surroundings. "I have no choice but to walk. I'm lucky that this place isn't too far from the city center."

The rain was pouring down again when Davis started running towards the city center. When he entered the city, Davis observed one by one the shops on the left and right sides of the street.

[Main Quest completion time: 50 minutes]

The rain slowly stopped. Davis ran on the sidewalk as he scanned the buildings one by one. He didn't care about the disgusted stares from people.

Davis stopped in front of a luxurious building. Heaven Hall was the most famous place in the city of Leaventown. It had complete facilities ranging from clothing and accessories outlets, salons, entertainment, and sports facilities to lodging. He had heard Heaven Hall mentioned several times by the Anderson family.

"This is the most suitable place." Davis walked toward the entrance, but a guard suddenly blocked his way.

"This place doesn't accept beggars like you. Stay away before I get rough with you," The guard said in a cold voice.

"I didn't come to beg. I came to buy some clothes and shoes inside. Let me in."

"Stop bragging! I often hear the same words from beggars who barge in. After being let in, they just make a mess inside."

"I already said that I'm not a beggar. I have enough money to enter Heaven Hall."

"It’d take you years just to buy the cheapest piece of clothing in Heaven Hall. Leave now!"

Some pedestrians began to stop, watching Davis and the guard's feud. They started whispering, looking at Davis in disgust.

"Look at how you look now! You're even worse than the beggar who came last week. Your coming to Heaven Hall will only disturb the other visitors. If you take one step forward, I'll kick you and haul you off to jail."

Davis saw his appearance in the window. He was soaking wet with an appearance not much different from a beggar. "I have-"

[Warning!]

[Guard prepares to hit you]

Davis moved to the side as the guard threw a punch. The guard was surprised because he didn't expect his attack to be dodged.

‘This is amazing’, Davis thought.

Three other guards approached the entrance. With the instruction of the first guard, they began to surround Davis. Some passersby started making videos.

[Main Quest completion time remaining: 45 minutes]

Davis observed the guards one by one. He was a self-taught martial artist because he has been practicing since he was a teenager. He had also been involved in several fights with thugs on the streets. However, facing four well-trained guards would not be easy.

[Ding]

[Sub Quest has been created]

[Quest: Defeat the Four Guards within Two Minutes]

[Quest duration: 2 minutes]

[Reward: 5 EXP + $50,000]

Davis was surprised to see a holographic screen suddenly appear in front of him. He thought about making a plan to defeat the four guards.

"I want to make a bet. If I can knock you guys out in two minutes, you have to let me in. But if I lose, I'll leave and never come back. Do you agree?"

"Alright." One of the guards spoke.

"But I want ...."

The four guards suddenly attacked without wanting to wait for Davis to finish speaking.

Davis jumped up, kicking two of the guards in the face until they were pushed back and collapsed. The pedestrians were shocked when they saw Davis' action.

[Two guards have been defeated]

[Sub Quest: Defeat All Four Guards within Two Minutes: 2/4]

[Sub Quest completion time: 1 minute 50 seconds]

[Main Quest completion time: 44 minutes]

Davis moved to the side to avoid the ambush of the other two guards. He exchanged punches and kicks with both guards for a while. Davis managed to keep up with the guards even though he was pushed to the side of the road.

Davis almost fell because he failed to block the kick of one guard.

As another guard was about to ambush him, he moved to the side, throwing a flowerpot. When the guard caught the flowerpot, he quickly kicked the flowerpot until the guard who caught it fell.

[One guard defeated]

[Sub Quest completion time: 1 minute 20 seconds]

[Main Quest completion time: 43 minutes 30 seconds]

Davis was pushed forward when the last guard kicked him in the back. When he turned around, the guard was ready with a punch. Davis managed to dodge and retreat to keep his distance.

Davis and the guard engaged in punches and kicks for nearly a minute. More and more pedestrians came to watch the fight, including people near the entrance of Heaven Hall.

[Warning!]

[Sub Quest completion time: 20 seconds]

[Main Quest completion time: 42 minutes 30 seconds]

Davis was silent for a moment as he looked back at the holographic screen. His guard was down until the last guard managed to land a kick to his stomach. Davis endured the pain, quickly catching the guard's leg. Unfortunately, he was kicked hard again.

[Warning!]

[Sub Quest completion time: 10 seconds]

[Main Quest completion time: 43 minutes 20 seconds]

[Start counting down Sub Quest completion time: 10, 9, ...]

Jaribu manybooks.net