I was at a birthday party and somebody received a phone asking us to watch a news chanel as one tower was hit by an airplane. It was not clear whether it was a terrorist attack or an accident (but the likelihood of an accident was very small).
The journalist started to speculate, recapping on the history of the WTC, the possible involvement of Alquaeda etc.
Just as we were watching, there was a threat on the Pentagon and aerial images of the building were broadcasted. I watched more that 5 TV channel and I had this unconfortable feeling the journalist were happy to have such a hot topic to broadcast live....
Just then a secont plane came and hit the second tower... I was o horified I couldn't speak. Then somebody with us at the party said: If it is alquaeda then islam shouold be erradicated.
I am a muslim, that is when I realised the negative impact on islamist terrorism on Muslims all over the world. I didn't say a thing, I stood up and left the room.
Niliendelea kuangalia news from home and in much disgust I saw the US declaring war againd terror, develop the concept of axis of evil and start the war on Afganistan, then Irak, then pointing Syria, Lebanon, Somalia and many other countries that are now facing civil unrest (I don't say there is a link but it looks suspicious).
My memories: who can actually do that to civilians????? My thaught at the pick of the war: The US government of that time had no scrupules to use the death of its own citizen to make money and fame and destabilize other sovereign countries... their were no better than the terrorist they were unconvincingly huntting. My thinking today: What a mess......