Mechanical Maintenance

Buswelu

JF-Expert Member
Aug 16, 2007
• Multinational Mining Corporation
• Tanzania, East Africa Location
Pangea Minerals is a subsidiary of Barrick Gold Corporation and is presently constructing the Buzwagi Mine, in North-western Tanzania, Kahama District, Shinyanga Region. Qualified Maintenance Mechanics are needed. The mine is situated near Kahama town, approximately 120 km south of the city of Mwanza in the western Lake Victoria goldfields district.

Reporting to the Mine Maintenance Superintendent, your duties will include:
• Ensure that works comply with Tanzanian Mining (safe working) Regulations and the Barrick Buzwagi Health, Safety and Environmental site requirements;
• Ensure that works are performed to the approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and that Job Hazards Analyses (JHA) are carried out prior to commencement of tasks;
• Ensure Field Level Risk Assessments are continuously undertaken during execution of the works;
• Perform services and repairs of Company equipment as scheduled in sound engineering standards;
• Ensure tasks are performed in planned time to achieve optimum equipment availability;
• Perform dewatering operations and HDPE pipe welding functions;
• Care and good use of all hand and electric tools issued;
• Participate actively in training programs to enhance individual development of the mechanic and that of services men and artisans;
• Deputise for Maintenance Supervisor as required;
• Be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilisation of the resources and encourage teamwork across Teams;
• Results on any other duties that may be assigned to fulfill the overall business objective;
• Participation in Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure that the PML commitments to the Tanzanian government with respect to the development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability are achieved;

To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
• FTC in Mechanical Engineering qualification from a recognised Institution;
• Tanzanian driving license and able to drive;
• At least two reliable referees one being from a previous job;
• Commitment to continuously improve current protocols;
• Ability to actively partake in skills and technological transfer for effective succession planning;
• At least two years experience in maintenance and repair of minor plants preferably in open pit operations;
• Experience in services and repair of light vehicles, minor plants like lighting plants, diesel engine driven dewatering pumps, generators, HDPE pipe welding functions, mobile and fixed cranes;
• Computer skills in Maintenance and Planning software;
• Team player;
• Strong conceptual thinking ability;
• Resilience and Resourcefulness;
• Performance Orientation;
• Strong Influencing Skills;
• Decisiveness;
• Strong commercial acumen;

Applicants should send a written application including a current CV addressing the above criteria. Provide full details of previous and current employment, qualifications and referees to OE Manager, Buzwagi Mine, Box 105529, Dar es Salaam.
Fax: 022-2601866 & E-mail: recruitment@buzwagi.com.
Internal applications must be channeled through the respective head of department and must be received before 25 September 2008
Applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.

i complete my college education in 2006 at mbeya technical college,i took mechanical engineering in level of FTC,now iam working with private company(MATRAC (T) LTD)

i complete my college education in 2006 at mbeya technical college,i took mechanical engineering in level of FTC,now iam working with private company(MATRAC (T) LTD)
Eeeh yamekuwa hayo? Hapa kuna Barrick kwani?