Mdada wa kitanzania, Glory Seruhere- Kichwa cha Makerere University 2009

Shadow

JF-Expert Member
May 19, 2008
Tanzania girl who topped Makerere Education Written by Simon Musasizi Sunday, 14 February 2010 16:08
muk-best.jpg
Josephine Seruhere

The 60th graduation at Makerere University was another milestone for Uganda’s oldest university. Out of the 13,766 graduands presented for award of degrees and diplomas in various disciplines, 6,936 (50.4%) were female, while 6,830 (49.6%) were male.
But more importantly, out of the best three students, two were female students, including the best overall student.

Glory Josephine Seruhere was one of the top brains. The Tanzanian student came third with 4.83 CGPA, just 0.05 points below the overall winner, Emmerentiana Mbabazi, who got 4.88. The highest possible CGPA is five points.

The Bachelor of Arts in Communication Skills and French student had already left the university’s Freedom Square when her name was called out for recognition.

“When I came for graduation, I just knew I had a first class degree and that was it. I never knew I was one of the best three students,” Seruhere told Observer School. Getting a first class at Makerere, she admitted, was hard work. From the time Seruhere joined Makerere in 2006, her lowest CGPA was 4.58 and she only worked to improve on it.

“I always wanted to graduate with a first class and my colleagues always teased me that I was overambitious,” Seruhere said.
“There are times when I worked so hard and the results were not that good. I would feel a little bit insecure but work even harder. My policy was that if I did my best to get 98%, why would I do mediocre work in another coursework?” she said.

She added: “I had a good relationship with my lecturers. If the coursework was complicated, I wouldn’t hesitate to consult them. I also interacted with my colleagues. I was friendly to everyone. I enjoyed discussions because it is through discussions that you reaffirm what you know.”

Josephine is daughter to Justin Seruhere who once worked with the Tanzanian High Commission in Uganda, and Tavita Seruhere, a nurse in Dar-es-Salaam who also once worked in Uganda.

“My parents paid my tuition in time. This gave me peace of mind. I used to see my colleagues hustle around the last hour,” she noted.

The last of two children, Seruhere went to McKinnon Road Nursery School, Nakasero Primary, Namugongo Girls Primary, Kabojja SS and St. Noa Girls Zana where she wrote her O-level exams, scoring 10 points in eight subjects.

She then joined Gayaza High School where she did PEM/A but surprisingly performed poorly, scoring only 10 points.
“It is not that I wasn’t working hard. I had a lot of issues going on back home,” Seruhere said. Around that time, her parents had filed for divorce, something that destabilised her.

With the poor performance, it was now impossible for Seruhere who loved sciences so much to pursue her favourite course in Telecom Engineering.
She instead opted for Arts but even when she was admitted, she didn’t do it wholeheartedly.

“It was a totally different world. I wasn’t even sure where it would lead me,” she said. She had been offered three subjects; Organisational Studies, Philosophy and Literature in English.
“I looked at the three and couldn’t see where [they] would lead me.”

She applied for a change of subjects to major in Communication Skills and French. Seruhere now plans to go for a postgraduate in International Relations at the Centre for Foreign Relations in Dar-es-Salaam. Her ambition is to work with the Foreign Affairs ministry.

Source: http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7208&Itemid=106

haya sasa ndo maneno
hongera sana bibie
umetutoa kimasomaso

Congrats. A call for all of us here. Do not think of divorcing especially when you have kids!!! The impact is felt. See how she was disturbed academically when her parents filed for divorce!!! It hurts jamani. Give life a second chance!

Hongera sana Mama hii inathibitisha tena kwamba si kila mwanamke anayeingia chuoni ni lazima apate msaada toka kwa wanaume au apate degree ya ......... Once again Congratulations! and all the best

Mwebale Nyoo nyabo.

Nimepita hapo, I know what it takes to get that class my dear lady. Big up!

Asante mama kwa kuwakilisha safi. Lakini haitoshi kufauru vizuri bali kutumia elimu yako kwa ajili ya maendeleo ya jamii nzima. Natumaini atafanya kazi safi kwa uadilifu. Ila kwa mazingira ya nchi yetu hii.... Kutokuwa fisadi yataka moyo hasa wanavyo ku influence hawa jamaa!

To the the Lady I say, "Job well done."
Congrats. A call for all of us here. Do not think of divorcing especially when you have kids!!! The impact is felt. See how she was disturbed academically when her parents filed for divorce!!! It hurts jamani. Give life a second chance!
This is a flawed reasoning. divorce na kufanya vizuri kunahusiana je? Kwa nini isiwe kwamba kwa kujua kuwa maisha baada ya hiyo talaka hayatakuwa kama zamani kwa hiyo akaongeza bidii? Ina maana wanaofanya vizuri ni wale wenye wazazi wawili? Vipi kuhusu Obama.

Hongera sana Mama hii inathibitisha tena kwamba si kila mwanamke anayeingia chuoni ni lazima apate msaada toka kwa wanaume au apate degree ya ......... Once again Congratulations! and all the best
Mwingine huyu hapa, umejuaje kwamba hakupata msaada wa wananume. Unachukuliaje msaada?

To the the Lady I say, "Job well done."

This is a flawed reasoning. divorce na kufanya vizuri kunahusiana je? Kwa nini isiwe kwamba kwa kujua kuwa maisha baada ya hiyo talaka hayatakuwa kama zamani kwa hiyo akaongeza bidii? Ina maana wanaofanya vizuri ni wale wenye wazazi wawili? Vipi kuhusu Obama.

Mwingine huyu hapa, umejuaje kwamba hakupata msaada wa wananume. Unachukuliaje msaada?

This is not flawed reasoning, binti mwenyewe amekili kuwa issues za wazazi wake kuachana zilimsibu katika masomo yake kwa wakati huo when the divirce proceedings were taking place; sasa huwezi kufananisha divorce ya wazazi wa Obama na divorce za kiswahili ambapo mtoto anaishi na mama wa kambo na kuteswa ile mbaya; wazungu ni tofauti kidogo kwani hata wakiachana bado wanakuwa na ukaribu, unlike waswahili ambapo talaka inakuwa ni uhasamma moja kwa moja!!

Back
Top Bottom