Mchezaji UAE afunga penalti kwa Kisigino

Lucchese DeCavalcante

JF-Expert Member
Jan 10, 2009
376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fworld_of_sport__10%2Fworld_of_sport-37131533-1310990953.jpg%3FympZbWFD.2H9APjC
Theyab Awana became an internet sensation after his cheeky backheeled penalty for UAE against Lebanon went viral - but he could now face a ban from his own football association.
Awana was subbed by coach Srecko Katanec three minutes after the penalty because he felt the action was disrespectful and the incident sparked a debate on the merits of showboating with our own Armchair Pundit among those weighing in on the issue.
Now UAE team manager Esmaeel Rashed has spoken of his disgust at the action and warned Awana that he should expect some sort of punishment.

''This should not have happened. I think what happened is disrespectful. We cannot accept anyone in our team who does not respect the opponent and does not respect the people who are working, or the supporters," he told the National newspaper.
''There are many forms of punishment. We could send him away from the team. We could make him pay a fine.''
However, Rashed did say that Awana has shown remorse for his penalty since the story went global.
"The player, he is very sorry. He said: 'I did wrong. I made a mistake. Tell the team I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry I did this thing,'" he said.
"In the end, he's young, but he has to know what are the good things and the bad things. I think he will learn from this moment. He's really, really upset and very worried. From when he was sitting with us today, he's blaming himself.''
If you haven't seen the amazing penalty - watch again below

‪Spettacolare RIGORE battuto di tacco!Awana Diab punito dal CT per un GESTO IRRISPETTOSO!‬‏ - YouTube