Kuzimia

Katabazi

JF-Expert Member
Feb 18, 2007
Salaam.
Mimi nilipata ajali kwenye ndege na kufanyiwa operation ya kichwa(celebral spinal fluid)ilikuwa inavuja kupitia kwenye kitobo kilichotakana na hiyo ajali.
Hivyo ilikuwa nikiinamisha kichwa maji yanatoka kama bomba ambalo maji yanataka kukatika kupitia pua ya kushoto,lakini nikiwa niko straight hayatoki na wala mtu hawezikujua kuwa nina tatizo.
Baada ya operation na hicho kitobo kuzibwa nikaambiwa na Dr.kuwa huenda nikawa napatwa na degedege(seizures) au meningitis.
Akanipatia dawa-tegretol kuwa nizitumie kwa miaka kama 5-kila siku kidonge1.
Lakini kwenye kama baada ya miaka 2 nikawa napata hiyo degedege(Nakakamaa na kuzimia kwa dakika kadhaa) na hivi karibuni nilizimia hadi kupelekwa ICU kwa siku 3 nikiwa sijifahamu.
Naomba mwenye kufahamu naweza kupata wapi tiba ya hii degedege hata kama ni TZ au nje ya nchi au kama mwenye kujua dawa anisaidie.
Ingawa hainitokei mara kwa mara(interval ya kama mara 4 kwa mwaka)lakini inaninyima raha.Hata kama ni dawa za kienyeji niko tayari kujaribu.
Natanguliza shukurani.
Katabazi Rakey-rakeyescarl@yahoo.ie

Sitanii wala sifanyi mzaha. Nina uhakika hata wewe unajua kuwa kwa Mungu hakuna tatizo dogo wala kubwa. Yeye ni daktari/ mganga mkuu na yupo karibu sana nasi. Upendo wake wa kutufia ndio dawa yake njema. nakushauri tu hebu mwambie Mungu unataka nini. Nina uhakika utapona kabisa

Pole sana. Ajali ya ndege ulipona! Una bahati. Pamoja na kuendelea kumuomba Mungu kawaone ma-dr bingwa wa masuala ya ubongo na mishipa ya fahamu pale Muhimbili hospitali kama uko hapa TZ.
Dawa za kienyeji nina wasiwasi kama zitakusaidia.

First of all I would like to express my sympathy for your sufferrings. From your partial explanations , it appears that you fractured your skull in the accident, in some way the base of your skull, which led to the CSF leakage. Usually,depending on the degree of the injury,it maybe necessaty to repair the fracture by surgical means,which is what your doctor did exactly. Based on the thorough evaluation of the injuries you incurred, there maybe some complications (post- traumatic complications). These may include, infections/inflammation (as in meningitis),headaches or migraine etc. It's most likely that there was soft tissue injuires as well, in this case brain injury.(a.k.a traumatic brain injury,TBI).
Traumatic brain injury ,brain damage might lead to the so called Post-traumatic seizures (PTS),which when occur repeatedly become Post traumatic epilepsy (PTE),there's a slight chance that,this is what you are experiencing now.

treatment and prognosis:
I am sure that your doctor has done an evaluation based on the lab results, brain imaging,neurological examinations,serum electrolytes (bases,acids,salts), at least to determine whether the seizure is caused by a change in your body's biochemistry, such as hyponatremia (low sodium).If not, then i would suggest that you do such tests.

Now, the question here is, did you have seizures before?? because,Not all seizures that occur after trauma are PTS; they may be due to a seizure disorder that already existed.

Neuroimaging is used to guide treatment. Visit any major hospitals like muhimbili in TZ or other developed countries,if you have the privilege,where there are high tech medical facilities(equipments, like MRI, CAT-SCAN,etc), and highly trained neurosurgeon/neurologist.I am rest assured that you will get very appropriate help there.

From what i know now as a 5th year medical student,seizures that result from TBI are difficult to treat,they can be controlled rather by the anticonvulsants.

Drug therapy:
Anticonvulsants;drugs often given intravenously shortly after injury include
phenytoin-also goes with trade names like Phenytek,Infatabs,or Eptoin.
sodium valproate-goes by different names, an iv injection-Depacon,Syrup – Depakene etc.
carbamazepine-sold under trade names like Tegretol, it's the one you are using now.
phenobarbital- the most used worldwide.

Prognosis;
may depend on a patern and frequency of the seizures.

As for tradition medicine, i dont know much, but it's worthy trying, if non of the above works. Also keep praying my brother. For any other questions let me know, i will be glad to help.

mwisho:
kama yote hayo juu yamefanyika sawa sawa basi endelea kutumia dawa kwa maelekezo ya daktari, epuka kutumia dawa pasipo na ufahamu au bila maelekezo ya daktari wako. Na endelea kuhudhuria hospitali for routine chek-ups and evaluation.Na pengine tuvute subira kwani kwa wagonjwa wengine wa aina yako inachukua hata miaka 10 mpaka 15.Mwisho nakutakia afya njema.

Back
Top Bottom