Kikwete's obsession with a bloated cabinet exposes a weakened president

You're right Ruta but remember something, the guy is handsome and this fact contributed much on him becoming president.
That is why is concerned with portraying himself all over the universe rather than serving his presidency.

Ruta, is this an examination of JK's strength within the political spectrum or a ruling system imposed by a rigid and outdated constitution? Given the rather mixed literature on size and performance, shouldn't the debate be on the quality of government's contribution rather than on the number of politicians filling up the cabinet? Additionally, the argument of whether or not JK consolidates power through enhanced clientelism, should be secondary to the mechanisms in place facilitating the observed rent-seeking undermining the fundamental essence of participatory democracy, the fulfillment of the social contract.

PatPending.........i truly appreciate your contributions....................we elect leaders to serve us not to look for constitutional loopholes and avoid filling their constitutional imperatives.................a new constituional dispensation offers an opportunity but what we have is the same class acting unconstitutionally to deter us from getting a good mother law through using ordinary laws to institute a constitutional altering process

There is an inherent need to capitalize on the ongoing constitution review process to effectively commit successive presidents to the greater needs of the electorate instead of providing them freedom to serve their party needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right Ruta but remember something, the guy is handsome and this fact contributed much on him becoming president.
That is why is concerned with portraying himself all over the universe rather than serving his presidency.

Kyaiyembe...........................the guy is a good copycat too. he is lazy thinker then he over-relies on past experiences to drag the nation backward to Utopian.............distractions...............

The only tjing he can be proud of ni kwamba Wantanzania walio wengi ndiyo wanaamka kutoka usingizini, wakijamaliza kupiga mswaki atakuwa anamaliza mda wake!
Na bahati mbaya baadhi ya waliowahi kuamka na ndiyo walio wengi walinawa kimya kimya wakaanza kupata kufungua kinywa kimyakimya pia lakini nao wajue kuwa:
"time is not on their side anymore they will have to pay what didn't belong to them but they're possessing"
Stupid grumpier!

That is a major concern...Did we elect him because we knew he could change the lives of tanzanians or was it because he was handsome and so called 'young'. Didnt we all know about his past before we gave him the office. what lessons have we learned since then...how should our next president look like,be like or where they come from...what criteria should we use this time around...and the worst thing is we gave him 2terms...after his first five years he should have been shown the door. This system of a president must serve 2terms(10yrs) is outdated..5yrs is enough for one president.

That is a major concern...Did we elect him because we knew he could change the lives of tanzanians or was it because he was handsome and so called 'young'. Didnt we all know about his past before we gave him the office. what lessons have we learned since then...how should our next president look like,be like or where they come from...what criteria should we use this time around...and the worst thing is we gave him 2terms...after his first five years he should have been shown the door. This system of a president must serve 2terms(10yrs) is outdated..5yrs is enough for one president.
I agree with a say that "to every successive man there is a woman behind!" but for this guy there"re women. and that"s why he came back, may be with some maneuver also.

I agree with a say that "to every successive man there is a woman behind!" but for this guy there"re women. and that"s why he came back, may be with some maneuver also.

Can we say reiterate by saying to every successive man(JK) there is a son behind him ! and this son is Ridhiwani who is struggling to take over in CCM after JK!"

Can we say reiterate by saying to every successive man(JK) there is a son behind him ! and this son is Ridhiwani who is struggling to take over in CCM after JK!"

Mkira sioni Ridhiwani kama ana nia au uwezo wa hata kufikiria kuichukua ccm yeye anachofanya ni kujilimbikizia mali wakati baba yake yuko ofisini na pale inapowezekana kupanga safu za maswahiba wake wamlinde wakati baba atakuwa hayupo madarakani. Angelikuwa ana malengo ya kutwaa nchi ingebidi awe waziri au ashike wadhifa wa juu ndani ya ccm................

The only tjing he can be proud of ni kwamba Wantanzania walio wengi ndiyo wanaamka kutoka usingizini, wakijamaliza kupiga mswaki atakuwa anamaliza mda wake!
Na bahati mbaya baadhi ya waliowahi kuamka na ndiyo walio wengi walinawa kimya kimya wakaanza kupata kufungua kinywa kimyakimya pia lakini nao wajue kuwa:
"time is not on their side anymore they will have to pay what didn't belong to them but they're possessing"
Stupid grumpier!

Kyaiyembe the time for them to pay for their complicity is drawing near and near......

mtotowamjini are you sure that we really elected hima and he did not steal; our votes through TISS and NEC?

Kyaiyembe .............Is this how you define success? Clinging to power for the heck of it?

Mziba If Kikwete is not a hostage of sectarian interests who else is he not to act decisively and end the circle of oficial embezzlement of public funds?

Which one is better? To be loved or to be feared, that is the question, I think one might guess which philosophy JK Nyerere perused. The article has used the adjective word “recalcitrant”. I think that, my friend may not be a weakness attribute. It is a defiance.
In the 15th century, \Machiavelli had a little advice on similar matter. the piece was tittled the quality of a prince.

“A prince therefore must not mind acquiring a bad reputation for cruelty in order to keep his subject united and loyal, for with very few example he will be more merciful than those who, because of too much mercy, allow disorder to continue, from which spring killing and plundering, for these usually harm the whole community, while the executions that come from prince just harm particular individuals”. [Nicolo Machievelli] 1505

I think Nyerere read that.

I can say to him he succeeded.

Beside all unlawful means used to put him there, most women supported the guy!. And the reason behind "HANDSOME!"

Kyaiyembe....I can only hope this nation is not so desperately to turn to idol worshipping..............if so we are finished...........

Which one is better? To be loved or to be feared, that is the question, I think one might guess which philosophy JK Nyerere perused. The article has used the adjective word "recalcitrant". I think that, my friend may not be a weakness attribute. It is a defiance.
In the 15th century, \Machiavelli had a little advice on similar matter. the piece was tittled the quality of a prince.

"A prince therefore must not mind acquiring a bad reputation for cruelty in order to keep his subject united and loyal, for with very few example he will be more merciful than those who, because of too much mercy, allow disorder to continue, from which spring killing and plundering, for these usually harm the whole community, while the executions that come from prince just harm particular individuals". [Nicolo Machievelli] 1505

I think Nyerere read that.

Mziba...........Am no Machiavellian..........worshiper,though........I believe an effective leader has and ought to serve a larger cause irrespective of inner pressures he is confronted with particularly from those die-hard party activists and opportunists................it is not just staying in power for the heck of it..........though

Mafisadi waliojiita wanamtandao chini ya edward lowasa na rostam ndio waio tafuta zuzu wakuweka ikulu ili wao waibe, ndo balaa tulilonalo mpaka 2015 labda myazi mungu atunusuru, the only goog thing is atakuwa niraisi wa mwisho kutoka CCM hiyo anamsaada wake pia kaika kulet mabadiliko

Back
Top Bottom