Kibaki launches the Biometric Voters Registration (BVR).

Huwezi kulinganisha uandishi wa Katiba ya Kenya na hiki kiini macho kinachoendelea Bongo! Trust me hapa kwetu hamna hiyo kitu ya katiba mzee.
I read that the Tanzanian Constitution Review Commission has a facebook page that is collecting views of Tz citizens its your duty to participate in the process. Honestly why can't you have more faith in your country as a Kenyan i may not see the intricacies behind the Tanzanian constitution making process that is making you doubt it. The fact is the present constitution from 1977 umepitwa na wakati. An example is how will Tanzanian share revenue generated from its resources the latest being gas, what if gas is found just off the coast of Zanzibar such issues may be solved by adequate laws that are entrenched in the constitution. The old kenyan constitution was good for its time but extremely bad for the present it led to rotten institutions and a decaying country.The 2007 post election violence is one of its outcomes.

I read that the Tanzanian Constitution Review Commission has a facebook page that is collecting views of Tz citizens its your duty to participate in the process. Honestly why can't you have more faith in your country as a Kenyan i may not see the intricacies behind the Tanzanian constitution making process that is making you doubt it. The fact is the present constitution from 1977 umepitwa na wakati. An example is how will Tanzanian share revenue generated from its resources the latest being gas, what if gas is found just off the coast of Zanzibar such issues may be solved by adequate laws that are entrenched in the constitution. The old kenyan constitution was good for its time but extremely bad for the present it led to rotten institutions and a decaying country.The 2007 post election violence is one of its outcomes.
The validity of any constitution is derived from its process-making. If you **** up the process from the beginning then do not expect to get validity from the provisions nicety. A siting President, elected through a bad constitution, appoints his cronies to draft a constitution and you want me to waste my time to advise them? For what? NO! Tanzanians have to wait for a long time to write their constitution. What is going on right now is a desperate attempt to build a false legacy. Period.

tuwaache tu hao wasonge mbele! sisi tuendelee na science zetu za kutengeneza matego ya kunasana! pathetic!

DNVoterReg2711.jpg

Geofrey Ouma is registered as a voter in Kondele Kisumu on November 27, 2012.

BDBVR2111g.jpg

A voter has his finger prints taken during the Biometric Voter Registration exercise at St Teresa's Girls Secondary School Nairobi on November 20, 2012.

BDBVR2111tv.jpg

A voter during the registration exercise at St Teresa's Girls Secondary School Nairobi on November 20, 2012.

DNRegister2011f.jpg

Lore Lokitaung Lokoritadara is registered as a voter at Lodwar Mixed Primary School in Turkana Central Constituency, Turkana County on November 20, 2012.

dnMoi1911.jpg

Former President Daniel arap Moi (seated) is taken through the voter registration exercise by Mr Stephen Ngeno of the Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission at his Kabarak home in Rongai constituency on November 19, 2012.

DNBVR2011I.jpg

President Mwai Kibaki (centre) is registered as a voter by IEBC Chief Executive Officer James Oswago (right) during the launching of the exercise at Kenyatta International Conference Centre in Nairobi, November 20, 2012.

DNRAILA2711c.jpg

Prime Minister Raila Odinga (right) is registered as a voter at the Old Kibera registration centre, Nairobi on November 27 2012. His wife Ida (left) and son Fidel also registered.

DNRAILA2711f.jpg

Tanzania is currently drafting a new constitution. These are issues which Tanzanians need to ensure that they make themselves heard on . For us Kenyans it took 1500 lives (post election violence) to pass a new constitution and try to make some key reforms. The BVR kits were part of electoral reforms. I believe its only a matter of time for all EAC to carry out such reforms.who says to copy and paste is a bad thing as long as it benefits you, do it. Most of china's earlier tech was ripped of from the west. It is simply a case of technology transfer how will the EAC become the manufacturing center of Africa as predicted, if we don't try and acquire and modify technology,policies and development models from other countries.

Well said, however the fight for a new constitution and the fight to abolish the one party State (which was ironically tabled in parliament back in the day by guess who?), started back in the 1990s. Kenya has lost more than 1500 citizens fighting this cause. It just so happened that more people died at the same time in the last elections, in my opinion. Nevertheless you are right about technology. No need to re-invent the wheel, just improve on it. Tanzanians need to fight those thugs out of government. Good luck

Sasa hapa Tanzania itakuwa deal ya wachache kupiga pesa na kuleta vifaa fake ambavyo pia watachakachua kwenye database yake.....watasita sita sana kuanzisha hadi wapate kampuni fake itayoweka vitu fake fake ili waweze ku temper na hiyo system....tutasikia tusubiri tu

Back
Top Bottom