Kenya Airways does it again, truely the pride of africa

livefire

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2011
KENYA AIRWAYS AND CAPITAL MARKET AUTHORITY ANNOUNCE SHARE ISSUE DATES

An elaborate presentation by the Chief Executive and Group Managing Director of Kenya Airways, Dr. Titus Naikuni, rang in the countdown towards the 30th of March, whenthe new share issue will be formally launchedin the market, following the final approvals last Friday by the Capital Market Authority of Kenya.

This will be the largest ever share rights issuein the Eastern and Central African region, if not the whole of Africa, aimed to raise some 250 million US Dollars in new capital, and as afurther novelty, 49 percent are already subscribed firmly by the Government of Kenya, which holds 23 percent and KLM / Air France which holds 26 percent of the issued shares.

Kenya Airways, initially formed in 1977 after the breakup of the old East African Airways, was put on the path of privatization by the Kenya government in 1996 and has since grown from strength to strength carrying over 3 million passengers last year and showing operating profits every year since.

Dr. Naikuni pointed out that the overall financial requirement until 2011, when the airline was to have grown from the present 34 aircraft to 119 aircraft, a fleet of dedicatedfreighters included, will be in the region of a staggering 3.6 billion US Dollars while in the near term some 151 million US Dollars were due for fees to EXIM Bank in the United Statesto issue guarantees for the purchase of aircraft already ordered and new orders to be placed very soon.

Amongst other developments was it mentioned that the B737-800 fleet will grow from the present 5 aircraft to 10 by 2014/15 and to 18 by 2018/19 financial years while the fleet of B777s of 300ER, 200LR and 200ER make is set to grow to 4 each and 12 overall. The presently ordered B787 Dreamliners are under current assurances by Boeing due to arrive from March 2014 onwards, no longer by the end of 2013 and the 9 under firm order and 4 options are likely to be sharply raised to meet the fleet and route development plans of The Pride of Africa 10 years from now.

From the current 55 destinations in 45 countries on 4 continents KQ intends to fly to 115 destinations in 77 countries on all continents from JKIA, also a reminder for the Kenya Airport Authority to pull up their socks and complete the expansion works presently underway and begin the long overdue construction of a second runway and yet another terminal, without which Kenya Airways plans would be in tatters for lack of infrastructure at their hub airport.

The trading in shares for Kenya Airways will close this Friday, 19th of March and will then not resume until the 12th of June.....
for entire document follow link,

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...kQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHnlY5ahgyoDfY4ldlnPlXr3LGB_Q

https://wolfganghthome.wordpress.co...ights-issue-after-cma-grants-final-approvals/

Kenya airways has floated a ksh 20.6 billion rights issue,the largest in the region so far. It aims to increase it passenger fleet from current 34 to 107 planes in next ten years. Sisemi kitu.

As usual Kenya airways does it again, a five star airliner, and with the current successful build of the wajir airstrip into an airport, the infrastructure upgrades in the city center and the proposed Taveta airport, the airline company is setting up itself to reap maximumly and would also see a emergence of east African airways, under Kenyan management

Jameni hebu nielimisheni Shirika la Tanzania Air bado lipo. Mbona tunasikia tu Precision Air ambayo pia inamilikiwa na Kenya Airways. by the way does Tanzania have an Air Force?. Naona kuna flightmania bongo.

some people r fools imagine they r floating shares and a fool like Mbugua in the clip is saying " a calculator failed to translate US$ 3 bio. into Ugandan Shillings" yet they expect Ugandans to buy those shares! Typical of Kenyan arrogance wait till Ugandan oil start flowing to be yapping that nonsense! Just to assure him those shares will be snatched by foreigners than Kenyans themselves!

some people r fools imagine they r floating shares and a fool like Mbugua in the clip is saying " a calculator failed to translate US$ 3 bio. into Ugandan Shillings" yet they expect Ugandans to buy those shares! Typical of Kenyan arrogance wait till Ugandan oil start flowing to be yapping that nonsense! Just to assure him those shares will be snatched by foreigners than Kenyans themselves!

before you talk crazy please give us pointers about Tz airlines. We dont need petrol dollars to sit pretty nice as always buh its coming. At an expected retail price of kshs. 50/= for diesel you can gez what the economy of Kenya will be like. At present we buy the commodity at around kshs. 100-110 per liter. SS as of last year told the Kenyan delegation they would sell it at Kshs 39/= per liter, i put the price at 50 for govts tax manenos. Try figure what will happen to the kenyan economy then and you'l realize Ugandan oil wont change a thing soon. Keep whining bro, you got no airline to warrant the tanzanian tag to it yet you are here trying to shout bitter Ugandans will buy more shares? Study national shares and how they are issued. Kenya comes first with a quoted percentage allocated to them, E.Africa second then foreigners can grab the rest.

Jameni hebu nielimisheni Shirika la Tanzania Air bado lipo. Mbona tunasikia tu Precision Air ambayo pia inamilikiwa na Kenya Airways. by the way does Tanzania have an Air Force?. Naona kuna flightmania bongo.

Nchi inayoongozwa na watu wa aina ya Kikwete na grupu lote la CCM unategemea itakuwa na uwezo wa kuona mbali zaidi ya matumbo yao yanapofikia?

This is a fantastic business move, poor ATC, wish you could at least learn from our dear neighbours. Congratulations to KQ!!!!

Sometimes learn to reason with your mind and not emotions!What is foolish about Mr Mbugua stating a fact!? take your calculator and translate $4b in UG shillings and c if you will succeed!....your currencies are just sickening!!..about the oil i can bet, the main beneficiaries of Ugandan oil will be Kenyans, its a fact and u can take it to the bank! but we will start with Southern Sudan oil first while building the infrastructure that will set in motion the process of benefiting from that resource..we don't have mineral resources to brag about but we have been blessed with intellectual resources that no one can match in the region,that's why we are the largest service based economy in east,central and southern africa.Kenya airways is doing us proud and with low fuel prices we might benefit from our partnership with Southern Sudan..this will go a long way in reducing the cost of doing business and KQ(among other companies) will be able to add its fleets and routes...South African and Qatar Airways,Emirates and Ethiopian Airlines should watch this space.

Sometimes learn to reason with your mind and not emotions!What is foolish about Mr Mbugua stating a fact!? take your calculator and translate $4b in UG shillings and c if you will succeed!....your currencies are just sickening!!..about the oil i can bet, the main beneficiaries of Ugandan oil will be Kenyans, its a fact and u can take it to the bank! but we will start with Southern Sudan oil first while building the infrastructure that will set in motion the process of benefiting from that resource..we don't have mineral resources to brag about but we have been blessed with intellectual resources that no one can match in the region,that's why we are the largest service based economy in east,central and southern africa.Kenya airways is doing us proud and with low fuel prices we might benefit from our partnership with Southern Sudan..this will go a long way in reducing the cost of doing business and KQ(among other companies) will be able to add its fleets and routes...South African and Qatar Airways,Emirates and Ethiopian Airlines should watch this space.

I tell u at the moment if SS wishes ur "goodies" u will definitely comply..., with that over-expectation! such people like u get screwed for sure in life! Just FYI the "Jonglei people" r demanding to be annexed out of SS now being the true owner of those reserves and being marginalized by bigger tribes like the Dinkas and Nuers! In any scientific calculator there r exponential forms so i did not see the base of that mockery! And keep wishing on Ugandan oil, Instead of Kenyan....! while Total n other companies r doing heavy exploration on Lake Tanganyika basin....if u were smart u should be worrying of the situation whereby discoveries happen there how will dynamics of oil economics will be changed? But the thing is ur thinking is limited and hence no reason to talk to u on those big stuffs that u don't know anything about!

I tell u at the moment if SS wishes ur "goodies" u will definitely comply..., with that over-expectation! such people like u get screwed for sure in life! In any scientific calculator there r exponential forms so i did not see the base of that mockery! And keep wishing on Ugandan oil, Instead of Kenyan....! while Total n other companies r doing heavy exploration on Lake Tanganyika basin....if u were smart u should be worrying of the situation whereby discoveries happen there how will dynamics of oil economics will be changed? But the thing is ur thinking is limited and hence no reason to talk to u on those big stuffs that u don't know anything about!

You need serious prayers...Congo has mineral estimated to be worth $32Trillion! richer than the GDP of US and EU combined but where is it!..Singapore is a very tiny country with just a population of approx 5Million people out of which 3.2M are Singapore citizens..the country does not have any natural resources..it solely depends on trade but has a GDP of around $291Billions...You can discover all the oil or minerals you like but it will not intimidate us in any way since having those minerals only makes you richer on paper but real riches are with those who transform those resources into cash,that's where Kenyans come in ..i like the Bank of India advert i saw the other day..it was written..."God created people, Kenyans created assets"

You need serious prayers...Congo has mineral estimated to be worth $32Trillion! richer than the GDP of US and EU combined but where is it!..Singapore is a very tiny country with just a population of approx 5Million people out of which 3.2M are Singapore citizens..the country does not have any natural resources..it solely depends on trade but has a GDP of around $291Billions...You can discover all the oil or minerals you like but it will not intimidate us in any way since having those minerals only makes you richer on paper but real riches are with those who transform those resources into cash,that's where Kenyans come in ..i like the Bank of India advert i saw the other day..it was written..."God created people, Kenyans created assets"

u see.... u didn't even understand what i meant but always quick at bragging ati Kenya will benefit with Ugandan oil most while already the railway has been diverted! On proven economic sense u will only benefit via offering access of Ugandan oil to the overseas market since Museveni has refused to export crude! But that can change if let say Lake Tanganyika basin discovers oil since even the pipeline gateway will shift from the much talked Lake Albert to Kampala to Eldoret to maybe lake Albert-Kigoma-Tanga! U seem u were a very slow learner at school to discuss big issues that's why even a Bank of India slogan can arose u to make it a big story, damn grow up young boy....!

u see.... u didn't even understand what i meant but always quick at bragging ati Kenya will benefit with Ugandan oil most while already the railway has been diverted! On proven economic sense u will only benefit via offering access of Ugandan oil to the overseas market since Museveni has refused to export crude! But that can change if let say Lake Tanganyika basin discovers oil since even the pipeline gateway will shift from the much talked Lake Albert to Kampala to Eldoret to maybe lake Albert-Kigoma-Tanga! U seem u were a very slow learner at school to discuss big issues that's why even a Bank of India slogan can arose u to make it a big story, damn grow up young boy....!
...You seem to be very optimistic. I indulge you to be rational!

...Why its always about....."mine is bigger, yours is not"?.

...Look. when you are growing up, you'll not know whats in store for you in the future. It'll always depend on many things, "diet" been one of them!

...You seem to be very optimistic. I indulge you to be rational!

i gave u a scenario cause most of u seem not to be conversant of oil economics! many Kenyans here keep yapping arrogantly on things like "we will benefit most on Ugandan oil" while the company Total has not even come up with a final say where the pipeline will pass and even the feasibility study isn't out yet!

Back
Top Bottom