- Nov 2, 2008
Mtanganyika...Hapa cha uongo ilikuwa lazima uruke kiunzi ukikamatwa km kawaida yako.
Ujuzi wangu uko katika nyanja hizo hapo chini.
Nilulize kitu kutokana na hayo nitakujibu ikiwa ninalo jibu:
- PUBLICATIONS/RESEARCH PAPERS/ARTICLES
- The Life and Times of Abdulwahid Sykes 1924 –1968 The Untold Story of the Muslim Struggle against British Colonialism in Tanganyika, Minerva Press London, 1998 translated into Kiswahili as Maisha na Nyakati za Abdulwahid Sykes 1924-1968 Historia Iliyofichwa Kuhusu Harakati za Waislam Dhidi ya Ukoloni wa Waingereza, Phoenix Publishers, Nairobi, 2002.
- The Torch on Kilimanjaro, Oxford University Press, Nairobi, 2006
- Contributing author for an African anthology: The Mermaid of Msambweni and Other Stories, Oxford University Press 2007, Nairobi.
- Contributing author Dictionary of African Biography (DAB), Oxford University Press 2011, New York.
- Uchaguzi wa Busara, Abantu Publications 2008, Dar es Salaam.
- In Praise of Ancestors (1987) Africa Events (London).
- Abdulwahid Sykes: Founder of Political Movement (1988) Africa Events (London).
- Islam and Politics in Tanzania (1989) Al Haq International (Karachi)
- The Plight of Tanzanian Muslim (1993) Change (Dar es Salaam).
- Tanzania - The "Secular" Unsecular State (1995) Change (Dar es Salaam).
- The Question of Muslim Stagnation in Education in Tanzania - A Muslim Riddle (Paper presented at the Conference of the Global World of the Swahili Intercultural Dialogue on the Indian Ocean Zanzibar, February 20 - 23, 2003).
- Islamic Education and Intellectualism in Eastern Africa ‘Themes from the Pulpit in Tanganyika (Tanzania Mainland) 1800 – 2000’ (Paper presented at International Symposium on Islamic Civilisation in Eastern Africa Kampala, Uganda organised by the Islamic Conference Research Centre for Islamic History, Art and Culture (IRCICA), Istanbul and the Islamic University in Uganda, Mbale December 15th – 17th 2003).
- Sheikh Hassan bin Ameir - The Moving Spirit of Muslim Emancipation in Tanganyika (1950 – 1968) (Paper presented at Youth Camp Organised by Zanzibar University, World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY) and Tanzania Muslim Students Association (TAMSA) 27th February – 4th March 2004).
- Islamic Movement and the Christian Lobby in Tanzania - the Experience of the late Prof. Kighoma Ali Malima (1938 – 1995) (Paper Presented to Tanzania Muslim Students Association (TAMSA) Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) Morogoro 11th April 2004).
- Terrorism in East Africa the Tanzanian Experience (Paper Presented at the Conference on Islam, Terrorism and African Development University of Ibadan, Nigeria 8th - 10th February 2006).
- Al Marhum Sheikh Kassim bin Juma bin Khamis (1940 – 1994) and the Pork Riots of 1993. (Paper Presented at the Regional Conference on Islam in Eastern Africa: Islam Encounter with the Challenges of the 21st Century 1st - 3rd August 2006, Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
- 14. Muslim Bible Scholars of Tanzania – The Legacy of Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (1918 – 2005) Paper Presented at the International Symposium on Islamic Civilisation in Southern Africa Organised by The Organisation of Islamic Conference Research Centre for Islamic History, Art and Culture (IRCICA) The National AWQAF Foundation of South Africa (AWQAF SA 1 – 3 September 2006 University of Johannesburg.
- Tanzania: A Nation Without Heroes Seminar Organised by IFRA French Institute for Research in Africa and BIEA British Institute in East Africa 23rd and 24th September 2013 at IFRA Nairobi.
- Awards: Several Awards
- Visiting Scholar: (2011)
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
- Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO), Berlin.
- OTHER COUNTRIES VISITED
- Zambia, Ethiopia, Great Britain, Swaziland, Msumbiji, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Sudan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen, Uganda, Switzerland, Iran, France, Netherlands, Turkey and Abu Dhabi.