Is UPDF Museveni's Wathmen or just another Rug Tag Army

kayundi2

JF-Expert Member
Feb 2, 2009
I am not impressed in what is going on in Uganda.It seems that UPDF--Uganda's national Army has just been turned to be another Police Organ.Its not something new to see these soldiers coming out of barracks fully armed with archaic tanks to confront civilian unrest as if they have become anti-riot police!!!

I am a Kenyan and i have never seen Kenyan Army tanks in the streets or Villages since i was born.I am only told that they came out during 1982 Attempted Kenyan Airforce Coup.Another time i saw Three Kenyan tanks on the streets of Nairobi was when we were promulgating the New Constitution last when the Army put them on Display as a sign of posterity.

I have this feeling that UPDF is no longer a proffessional Army but an outfit out to protect Museveni and his croonies.Major.Felix Kulagiye...shame on you.And if you are in Uganda and you voted for Museveni...shame on you too

Well the UPDF has always been political. I mean it was created out of he NRM and it therefore highly sympathetic to the NRM. The UPDF will view assaults on the NRM platform as an assault on them and take it very personally.