Is there an entry Visa fee for Burundi & Rwanda?!

Hi all,
Wabunge wetu wako Dodoma wakati huu. Ninyi ndugu zetu mlio Tz, tafadhalini sana fikisheni hii issue kwa Reps wenu ili waulize tupate msimamo. I tell you guys, IT WAS SO HUMILIATINGLY PAINFUL, me standing there and listening to that arrogant twit giving me the lip about "if you dond pay USD20, get baki to where you kamu furom"!!(accent not mine!!) Pse pass it on to our Wabunge, ili tujue status quo. Thanks.

Hi all,
Wabunge wetu wako Dodoma wakati huu. Ninyi ndugu zetu mlio Tz, tafadhalini sana fikisheni hii issue kwa Reps wenu ili waulize tupate msimamo. I tell you guys, IT WAS SO HUMILIATINGLY PAINFUL, me standing there and listening to that arrogant twit giving me the lip about "if you dond pay USD20, get baki to where you kamu furom"!!(accent not mine!!) Pse pass it on to our Wabunge, ili tujue status quo. Thanks.

Resi, it is very unfortunate that we are pointing our fingers to the Barundi and forgetting our rude immigration officers. I tell you, Tanzanians are not exceptional on this. Rwanda and Burundi do not charge Ugandans and Kenyans probably due to their COMESA agreements. But they charge Tanzanians because we also charge them. This issue has been discussed several times and currently Tanzania has been exempting delegates from Burundi and Rwanda. Rwanda stopped charging us when w entered into a bilateral agreement that exempts visa fee for up to 60days renewable. Just this year we introduced another cumbersome procedure of asking for yellow fever certification from people coming from Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. Nilishuhudia watu wakidungwa sindano pale KIA na kulipishwa fedha kwa kuwa hawakuwa na certifications hizo. This is an NTB that has no relevance here. Watu wangapi wanavuka mipaka kwa njia za panya na mipaka yetu ya Sirari, Namanga Ndabaka, Mtukula nk! Je hao nao wachanjwe! Kwa kweli mimi naona hata sis hatuna will ya kuendeleza jumuia hii na ndiyo maana tukiguswa kidogo tunalalamika. Tuna mawazo kama ya mwenzetu mmoja hapo juu kwamba wote hawa wanaangalia Tanzania ili kujineemesha! Kujineemesha my foot! What a lame excuse. Rwanda is almost corruption free na infrastructure zake zinaridhisha. Kigali is clean. Go to Nairobi and Kampala the way people spend tells you that there is money in the country!

Last edited:
The way people spends tells that there is money in the country??!!oh my dog! does it mean there are no people spending at all in Dar?My friends from Kampala envy Dar es Salaam for spending, may be it depends on what type of spending so to speaking-even in Zimbabwe people are still spending bigtime!.

The way people spends tells that there is money in the country??!!oh my dog! does it mean there are no people spending at all in Dar?My friends from Kampala envy Dar es Salaam for spending, may be it depends on what type of spending so to speaking-even in Zimbabwe people are still spending bigtime!.

When I say spend, I mean spending in all its facets. Ukienda kwenye nchi isiyo na ukwasi unajua tu mama wala siyo kuangalia eneo moja tu! Tanzania ukiacha sehemu chache chache za mjini, umasikini unauona kabisa.

When I say spend, I mean spending in all its facets. Ukienda kwenye nchi isiyo na ukwasi unajua tu mama wala siyo kuangalia eneo moja tu! Tanzania ukiacha sehemu chache chache za mjini, umasikini unauona kabisa.

hii inaniambia kuwa Uganda na Kenya spending ni kwenda kwa mbele na huko hakuna umaskini! ooh dog!hebu tuambizane vizuri kuspend in all its facets kunacorrelate vp na umaskini au utajiri wa watu.

Jobo,

I appreciated your insight in the matter, you seem to be reasonably acquinted with the details.

It is one thing to say Rwanda and Burundi stand to gain more by fully implementing freedom of movement with regards to its EAC neighbors, which is an unimpeachable fact, and quite another to say "wote hawa wanaangalia Tanzania ili kuneemeka"

I trust the same intellect that provided that otherwise thoughtful -albeit spotted- post above will enable you to distinguish between the two.

Jobo,

I appreciated your insight in the matter, you seem to be reasonably acquinted with the details.

It is one thing to say Rwanda and Burundi stand to gain more by fully implementing freedom of movement with regards to its EAC neighbors, which is an unimpeachable fact, and quite another to say "wote hawa wanaangalia Tanzania ili kuneemeka"

I trust the same intellect that provided that otherwise thoughtful -albeit spotted- post above will enable you to distinguish between the two.

I agree! I understand that part of the accession agreement signed by Burundi and Rwanda was to try and easen free movement of persons and remove visa control. As for the free movement of persons, I know that negotiations for the EAC common market protocol that will entail the four freedoms (labour/persons, goods, services and right of establishment and residence) was supposed to be concluded this year. There are a lot of hitches though, so we may have to wait and see what comes out of the negotiations.

hii inaniambia kuwa Uganda na Kenya spending ni kwenda kwa mbele na huko hakuna umaskini! ooh dog!hebu tuambizane vizuri kuspend in all its facets kunacorrelate vp na umaskini au utajiri wa watu.

No comment!

kwa hiyo comment yako kuhusu spending is misleading?

It is not misleading, but I do not think it was the most important part of my contribution. What I was saying (and you seem not to get it in your medulla) is that our country is economically backwards than most of the EAC countries! This can be gathered from the way people spend and ofcourse infrastructure! If you have been to Nairobi, especially the western part of the city you would not argue with me on this. I had an opportunity of visiting some other places of Kenya, very few of them are impassable. It is not the same case with our Tanganyika! I do not want to mislead anyone, and by the way I am not a microeconomist so my assessment may have a bigger margin of error!

kwa hiyo comment ya hapo juu iliyoandikwa kwa maandishi ya orange na font kubwa hadi inaumiza macho wakati wa kusoma kuhusu spending is misleading?

Pole, if you want, I may edit it!

Pole, if you want, I may edit it!

I had an opportunity of visiting some other places of Kenya, very few of them are impassable.

you better do! je kuspend sana kunamaanisha hakuna umaskini kwa mfano wa Nairobi na Kampala ukilinganisha na Dar es Salaam? what are those soma few places you visited which are impassable in those cities? and what are impassable places in Tanganyika (if you meant Nairobi and Kampala could be compared to Tanganyika at large)

you better do! je kuspend sana kunamaanisha hakuna umaskini kwa mfano wa Nairobi na Kampala ukilinganisha na Dar es Salaam? what are those soma few places you visited which are impassable in those cities? and what are impassable places in Tanganyika (if you meant Nairobi and Kampala could be compared to Tanganyika at large)

Places like garisa, mandera, lamu, Bondo, Kisii, Kisumu, Homabay, Nakuru, Eldoret( to name but a few). Hivi ubishi wako mbona siuelewi? Labda kiswahii utaelewa vizuri zaidi. Sijasema kuwa hakuna maskini huko, nasema uchumi wao na maisha yao ni mazuri ukilinganisha na sisi Tanganyika. In Uganda I have been to Entebe, Jinja and Masaka.

Places like garisa, mandera, lamu, Bondo, Kisii, Kisumu, Homabay, Nakuru, Eldoret( to name but a few). Hivi ubishi wako mbona siuelewi? Labda kiswahii utaelewa vizuri zaidi. Sijasema kuwa hakuna maskini huko, nasema uchumi wao na maisha yao ni mazuri ukilinganisha na sisi Tanganyika. In Uganda I have been to Entebe, Jinja and Masaka.

kwa hapa Tanganyika, Mwanza, Mbeya, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Dar es Salaam to name a few wana maisha mabovu kulinganisha na hiyo miji uliyoitembelea (ambayo imeongezeka sasa na siyo nairobi na kampala tu). Na huko pia wana maisha ya kilalahoi tu kama sisi. Kuna wenye nazo na wanaoishi maisha ya chini. Spending does not have any significant relationship with maisha mazuri. Kama huelewi ubishi wangu basi ujue sibishani.

kwa hapa Tanganyika, Mwanza, Mbeya, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Dar es Salaam to name wana maisha mabovu kulinganisha na hiyo miji uliyoitembelea (ambayo imeongezeka sasa na siyo nairobi na kampala tu). Na huko pia wana maisha ya kilalahoi tu kama sisi. Kuna wenye nazo na wanaoishi maisha ya chini. Spending does not have any significant relationship with maisha mazuri. Kama huelewi ubishi wangu basi ujue sibishani.

Good, it is healthy to talk to economists, now I know I am talking to one. Nilitumia maneno na sehemu nyingine, didnt mean to limit it to Nairobi and Kampala peke yake.

Good, it is healthy to talk to economists, now I know I am talking to one. Nilitumia maneno na sehemu nyingine, didnt mean to limit it to Nairobi and Kampala peke yake.

write what you do mean amid indicate you do not mean - dash and brackets are there for you-