In Defence of H.E Dr Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete

JK in reality has very good and strong management skills and knowledge, this is evidently from his being accepted in many international forums. This is a strength to appreciate. This leaves us with a question, is a leader made or born? My hypothesis is that, with the current situation, having limited leadership skills can always be a risk of you being a leader to be trapped in circumstances you never wished to be trapped at, an existing systems and syndicates. He is a party leader but not the party himself (as opposed to Nyerere or Mkapa when he assumed chairmanship). The Leading party has strong and vicious people if he don't take matte sensitively, the country will go in array!
But lets be honest here, the government is functioning. Even if we are not happy based on our expectations!
There are times I was wondering if I don't want him, whom else do I want? If I don't want CCM which party do I want? Because I will not go excited without being strategic, and for the opposition to take leadership does not mean the country will settle lets be honest here! It may even be seriously worse since the CCM (as an opposition) may also not be happy with the party in place.
So I suggest, if we have to work out a strategy, lets focus our energy on workable means of all having an alternative mechanism that will function for the development of this nation. Starting with the Constitutional reforms, and then Laws and Policies improvements!

My friend, do not try to run away from your shadow!! Believe me or not, our biggest problem and obstacle to the development of our country is the ruling party and is CCM in particular. The moment we manage to get lid of it you will see change coming to this country same as Kenya and Ghana. There is no country which has developed with the liberating party. So far the ruling elites believe they are on top of the game and that's why they get away with everything they do including murder.

I agree with you that the constitutional reform may be a good starting point but do you think HE JK is really up for it??? The WIKI leaks has already revealed the truth!! The committee he has said to establish is just to cool things down. I do not see any commitment on that, just trying to buy time.

c1.jpg

Najua mtahamaki lakini sie wengine we dont like following the crowd na najua kuwa it's not a fashionable view, and I'm not saying he is faultless, but much of the so called criticism being heaped on H.E Dr Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete is unfair.

Kama walivyo our in house JF armchair critics I can launch my own catalogue of complaints against JK lakini , but I've no appetite right now to join what increasingly (especially after last year's FREE, FAIR & DEMOCRATIC elections) sounds like a mob lynching from Jamii Forum's so called ''GREAT THINKERS''.

What i fail to understand from these JF CYBER CRITICS who are so keen to mislead us into the idea that the electorate doesn't like JK is beyond comprehension. Yes, this is an odd thing to say about a politician afterall I don't expect to like any of them, they are hardly going to be my dinner guests let alone play football with them. I want them to do a good job; what I feel about their personalities is irrelevant.

I'm not saying that Dr Kikwete is faultless. Of course not. He is workaholic, his Chief of Staff lacks key political skills in building alliances and in conveying clarity. He probably has personal faults (who doesnt)? – but there is a dangerous myopia afoot here. Think big picture and politics is always about the least worst option. In that frame, MUUNGWANA is a no-brainer. In the midst of the global financial crisis that hit commodity producing country such as ours, the worst in decades, he didn't dither (as he is often accused of by some section of the media) and he didn't flinch from making decisions involving huge sums of money. Who can imagine that Rev SLAA (with his primary school leaver as his Vice President) would have had the experience and confidence to have acted as decisively.

There's something out of control about the way JK is vilified by the CHADEMA and its cyber army and it goes a lot deeper than him. It seems to me that we have developed, over quite a long period of time, an extraordinarily immature politics which is riven by a series of contradictory and paradoxical demands. And at some point someone has to stand up for him in the wake of all the attacks.

This kind of immaturity then translates into the way that our President is treated: you wanted him them to be 'ordinary' but also 'special'; 'decisive' but also 'humble'; 'honest' but also 'polished'; 'pragmatic' but also 'principled' Some of you screamed for him tell the truth such as having a new Constitution but, when he did set up a observatory committee , you went berserk for doing do.

And when these impossible demands are - by definition - not met you react with fury. JK like many other few has been caught by this culture. Perhaps it is also the case that he doesn't really have the skills to find a way of half-way dealing with it but, ultimately, there is no way of dealing with it.

In a way, we have become ungovernable.

Try to demonstrate usefully idea and not to contradict youself.

Thank you very much Mr SLIDINGROOF for expressing your own perspective about the subject you have introduced.
However I would like to differ with you in the following aspects
In the first place, you are hoodwinked to believe that all human beings should have the same way or inclination of thinking.You are very wrong gentlemen, you have got to realize that there can be no such kind of society, especially in a contemporary world where people have different interests, views and diversity of opinions.

So you need to know that Tanzania is currently practising multiparty politics or democracy, and one one of the quaint-essence of such democracy is the diversity of views and opinions.Thus this is what is exactly happening in this country.Some people, for example, think that Mr president (JK) is'nt leading this country according to their expectations, in other words, they strongly feel that the president and his team has to a great extent failed to meet peoples' expectations.That has been a basis of a fervent criticism hurled to the president.

The academics, intellectuals and even section of the ordinary people are attacking weak leadership of the president manifested in: failure to tackle corruption,neglecting peoples' needs and aspirations.The top leadership seems to be indecisive in handling big issues which affect or hinder social, economical and political development of this nation.

Secondly you have concluded that this country conducted a free and fair elections.Did you mean 100 per cent free and fair elections? I think so.That is absolutely preposterous because there are incontrovertible evidences to substantiate that there have been several irregularities and other shortcomings which undermine what you call free and fair elections.There are so many barriers to smooth transition to democracy in this country.Such barriers which are of course embraced by the ruling party, includes presence of the URT constitution that to a great extent favours the ruling party CCM. refer to the formation of the National Electoral Commission, its functions and limitations.The URT constitution for example, prohibits individuals, court of law and other institutions to challenge presidential results once declared by the NEC.That it self erase what you call fairness in elections at the presidential race.

Under such circumstances, it is absloutely outrageous and absurd to make an erreneous conclusion that the elections were free and fair. I would advise you that, If at all you what to make such a conclusion,make a research and prepare a report to answer this question:To what extent was the election free and fair in Tanzania 2010 general elections? I give you only eight months to do the assignment.

You also need to know and understand that many people at this juncture, particularly, a well informed section of the population, academics, leaders of political parties etc), have been frustrated and disillussioned by the current country's weak leadership.There is a widespread wave of corruption and other vices which not only affect ordinary citizens but also have the potential to impoverish our nation.The people strongly feel that the head of state isn't doing enough to address such problems. For those who are conversant with public administration can clealy identify the president lacks important qualities in public leadership.Such qualities include, being tough and strong, empathy, vision, problem solving skills, and integrity.And this partly explains why only 61 per cent voted for him (2010 elections) as compared to 2005 elections where he scored above 80 per cent of the cast votes.Thus the declining in per centage simply gives us one message that his popularity and that of his government is declining, if not in its moribund.

Lastly,what you call political immaturity does't bring sense at all taking into consideration the state of current politics Tanzania.Looking at what is happening on the ground,every right thinking person would agree that a vast majority of the local population is increasingly becoming interested to participating in the day to day political life.People have realised the negative consequences of having bad leaders (incompetent and even corrupt leaders), and that is why there is an escallating wind of change.People want change, change, change, and nothing more.They now want visionary leaders who will lead the nation with dedication, stability and character.

The world history has always told us that it is an impossible task to obstruct social change as you are likely to face a forcefully approach to change, blood revolution, like what has happened in Tunisia, and now Mubarak of Egypt if being haunted by the same spirit.Here in Tanzania, in pubs, daladala, learning institutions, and even in public offices, people are expressing their dissatisfaction, anger and also questioning on the competence, willingness and ability of the current government to lead the nation to a prosperous future.

Any government can succeeed to govern its people only if it is employs skillfulls to meet peoples' demands, needs and aspirations.The leadership which is capable of looking for practical solutions to the viccissitudes of life facing the people.That leadership is now lacking in Tanzania.The criticism is likely to go unrelented untill the real change takes place on the ground.

c1.jpg

Najua mtahamaki lakini sie wengine we dont like following the crowd na najua kuwa it's not a fashionable view, and I'm not saying he is faultless, but much of the so called criticism being heaped on H.E Dr Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete is unfair.

Kama walivyo our in house JF armchair critics I can launch my own catalogue of complaints against JK lakini , but I've no appetite right now to join what increasingly (especially after last year's FREE, FAIR & DEMOCRATIC elections) sounds like a mob lynching from Jamii Forum's so called ''GREAT THINKERS''.

What i fail to understand from these JF CYBER CRITICS who are so keen to mislead us into the idea that the electorate doesn't like JK is beyond comprehension. Yes, this is an odd thing to say about a politician afterall I don't expect to like any of them, they are hardly going to be my dinner guests let alone play football with them. I want them to do a good job; what I feel about their personalities is irrelevant.

I'm not saying that Dr Kikwete is faultless. Of course not. He is workaholic, his Chief of Staff lacks key political skills in building alliances and in conveying clarity. He probably has personal faults (who doesnt)? – but there is a dangerous myopia afoot here. Think big picture and politics is always about the least worst option. In that frame, MUUNGWANA is a no-brainer. In the midst of the global financial crisis that hit commodity producing country such as ours, the worst in decades, he didn't dither (as he is often accused of by some section of the media) and he didn't flinch from making decisions involving huge sums of money. Who can imagine that Rev SLAA (with his primary school leaver as his Vice President) would have had the experience and confidence to have acted as decisively.

There's something out of control about the way JK is vilified by the CHADEMA and its cyber army and it goes a lot deeper than him. It seems to me that we have developed, over quite a long period of time, an extraordinarily immature politics which is riven by a series of contradictory and paradoxical demands. And at some point someone has to stand up for him in the wake of all the attacks.

This kind of immaturity then translates into the way that our President is treated: you wanted him them to be 'ordinary' but also 'special'; 'decisive' but also 'humble'; 'honest' but also 'polished'; 'pragmatic' but also 'principled' Some of you screamed for him tell the truth such as having a new Constitution but, when he did set up a observatory committee , you went berserk for doing do.

And when these impossible demands are - by definition - not met you react with fury. JK like many other few has been caught by this culture. Perhaps it is also the case that he doesn't really have the skills to find a way of half-way dealing with it but, ultimately, there is no way of dealing with it.

In a way, we have become ungovernable.

Lazima we umechanganyikiwa kidogo, kwanza ongea kingindo tukuelewe vizuri wengine tumesoma shule za kata.
WAKILIPWA DOWANS HAPAKALIKI..""""" Unatuchanganya Bwana ...!!!

Mwl. Nyerere was absolutely right when he knocked him out of the presidential race in 1995. Otheriwse, we could pay a bigger price than now. Indeed, Mwl. was intelligent.
Mwalimu alishasema JK ni chekibobu (nahisi ndio mwanzo wa jina cheki sista kwa kina dada ila sina hakika) Pointi ni kwamba kama JK alishaonekana boga toka mwaka 1995 wakati jamaa ana kama miaka 45 hivi tujiulize kwamba huo uchekibobu utamuisha lini? Si ndio anazeeka nao tena jama.

HAVING SAID ALL,

Kikwete can be a good leader BUT not as President, Head of State and Chief in Command.

There are many good leaders down here but only good enough to lead their families.

The only thing JK can boast of all is the charisma to connect, popularity the same way David Beckham has among Britons.

Would therefore conclude that JK features among the Celebrities we have in Africa!!!!!!!!!!

Sliding roof naona umepitwa na msemo usemao kizuri chajiuza na kibaya chajitembeza!
Its the people to judge him through his actions and developmental activities

Mtoa mada kajitahidi sana kubwabwaja bila kutoa hoja kwa sababu hana hoja ya utetezi.

Jamani eh, nimesoma kwa makini thread hii - kitu nilichogunduwa ni kufuatia terms anazo zitumia na slangs, inaonyesha wazi wazi ni mtu aliye somea Merikani au ni mfuatiliaji mkubwa wa siasa za vyama viwili wahasimu Merikani, mara nyingi wanatumiaga terms hizo hizo - alichofanya humu ni ku-copy na ku-paste tu na kuri-fine hapa na pale; sina haja ya kumtaja jina lakini watu wenye analytical mind sharp watagundua ni nani.

Back to point, mimi sina shaka huyu mtu atakuwa yu karibu na JK, hivi kwa nini hatumii ukaribu wake kumshauri kwa nia njema tu kwa ajili ya ustawi wa nchi yetu! Mimi naona anacho fanya hapa nikujaribu kujikomba/kumtetea kinafki tu JK wakati akijuwa hali alisi nchini hikoje - watu kama hawa wanampotosha sana JK na hawafahi kabisa kuwa karibu naye kwa sababu hawamwambii UKWELI; mtu anakuwa na ujasiri wa kutetea mambo ambayo hata mtoto mdogo anaona hayako SAWA, anachofanya hapa ni kutaka aonekane anamtetea JK lakini deep down wala hajali chochote, ni publicity STUNT tu.

It is very conspicuous that JK is in paranoia of tunisphobia and egyphobia. For your paramuthetic, it is coming.

Immoderate retrogression in the public sector, and in government spending, combined with corruption and poor productivity formed one part of the equation. So from the president on down we now hear that new businesses are the key to job creation. This truth has long been evident to anyone willing to look at state statistics. One need not be an economist to see why this is so.

Let's not quibble over use of the word, but let us also not allow loose usage to muddle what we are after. If we want job creation and kill poverty in Tanzania (in a growing economy), that benefit cannot be provided by people improving our bureaucracies.

Where is the "better life for every Tanzanian"?" A better life will not come down like manna from heaven," the President J.M Kikwete said, but he failed to create jobs for the people.

Do you remember these pathetic words: "According to Mr Kikwete, so far, four mining firms of Golden Pride, Geita Gold Mines and Tanzanite One have already started paying income tax. Barrick Gold will start paying income tax soon."? Where is the money?

Do you remember these words as well:
"Mr Kikwete said the economy was growing at an "admirable rate" despite drought and escalating fuel prices that had raised the cost of living. The global economic crisis had also compounded the situation last year."

"Despite the many challenges, we have every reason to congratulate ourselves for the job well done! An average economic growth of 6.9 per cent during the past five years is, by any definition, one of the highest in the world," he said.

Those words of Mr. President are ambivalent disloyal, perfidious, and unveracity.

Hi Max,

I like your comments, they befit our president perfectly well. I think it isn't his mistake, it was catastrophic from the very beginning to go for JK instead AS. Personally I did not believe he would make a good president. Why? JK was surrounded from the very beginning of his nomination campaign by greedy people, he did not question them why they were amassing their worthy to support him. Many business tycoons of asian origins volunteered their resources to carry him. I knew they would want some return at the end of the day.

Mwalimu said there is no money making business at the state house, JK saw differently, he is a political entrepreneur. He saw an opportunity to make money and he might have made promises to pay back. This (the last five years) is a payback period. He has to pay or rather provide a space for these thugs who supported him twice to recoup their investment. Currently the government does not have enough funds in its coffers to even pay for some of its workers in sensitive public sectors. CCM sucked all government money during election campaigns, they were so much worried of opposition that they openly decided to use government moneys, now here we are!!

As a result we are all suffering. and even much worse Tanzanians are yet to believe in the peoples power. Most Tanzanians are yet to realize the value of their vote. We can't blame CCM for everything, People, we wananchi share the lions share of blame. We see things we can't take action, we believe so much in our weakness that we don't dare to dare. We see things falling apart and what you can hear people saying is ''tutafanyeje bwana''. Somebody called people's power, it can change things thought to be mountains of challenges. Only if we believe we can.

But we ourselves must change first before we think of others. We need just one man or woman with determination to change Tanzania and that might be you or me. Who will bell the cat?

My reading of JKs actions suggests that he is a very weak person, a person who does not have a stand of his own. He takes his position after learning what ther others in crowd have decided to support. During the CC meeting in which Dowans was deliberated there were strong voices in support of the Dowans payments and he happily obliged, when he met the MPs of his party he learnt that there strong voices opposing the payment of Dowans, he too concurred with them as well.

He is a very dangerous leader and in times of crisis like the one we are in he is a walking bomb, only time will tell.

He has now decided to use very crude means to garner support by dividing this great nation on grounds of religion, a sin he will deeply regret, waswahili husema VITA HAVINA MACHO!

Hamwoni hata jema/fanikio moja la JK? Ngoja niwatajie machache:
1. UDOM- Chuo Kikuu kikubwa kabisa Tanzania.
2.Sekondari kila Kata. Watoto wamefeli, ndio. Lakini zipo. Ni kuziboresha tu.
3.Uhuru wa kuongea, mawazo, habari kuliko wakati mwingine wowote.
4.Amejenga na kukamilisha miradi yote mikubwa ya barabara kubwa nchini.
5.Nilikwenda kijijini kwangu Dec iliyopita nikakuta kuna huduma ya internet.
6. ZAnzibar ni NCHI sasa.

Hiyo internet wanatumia mishumaa? Mcheni Mungu! Those who access internet are reckoned as a "CYBER WING OF CHADEMA", then if that is the case, your village is CHADEMA stronghold.

kwa kiingereza kwa kisawahili jk ameonyesha udhaifu wa uongozi, waziri wake atasema hiki leo, katibu mkuu wa chama vile atakuja na mwingine kila mtu ( who is the man of the house? RA, EL, RK?) ili mradi serekali ya ushikaji inaendelea wanangoja kumaliza muda wao

Hi Max,

As a result we are all suffering. and even much worse Tanzanians are yet to believe in the peoples power. Most Tanzanians are yet to realize the value of their vote. We can't blame CCM for everything, People, we wananchi share the lions share of blame. We see things we can't take action, we believe so much in our weakness that we don't dare to dare. We see things falling apart and what you can hear people saying is ''tutafanyeje bwana''. Somebody called people's power, it can change things thought to be mountains of challenges. Only if we believe we can.

But we ourselves must change first before we think of others. We need just one man or woman with determination to change Tanzania and that might be you or me. Who will bell the cat?

Salisalum, you are good. I like your last two paragraphs.

Like John F. Kennedy said in his inaugural speech "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." Finally, whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world, ask of us the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own.

A speech by John F. Kennedy can be described as a motivational speech, persuasive speech or inspirational speech. A Quote or citation from the Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You speech by John F. Kennedy provides an illustration of, or allusion to, the famous events of the day during the era of John F. Kennedy.

And this is what you said salisalum "But we ourselves must change first before we think of others" which reminded me of what JFK said "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country".

Thanks.

Walking bare footed never make him workholic. She is again in action chanting his USANII behaviour . He want to show us that he is hard worker while in his heart knows that he want to distract your attention from shouting on corruption and DOWANs.He he need your sympathy so that he may continue his UFISADI.

He is using uncleaness strategy to clean himself but I believe he will never make it

Back
Top Bottom