Impunity

Tunisia alijiua kijana mmoja kutokana na manyanyaso ya vyombo vya DOLA yaliyoendelea kule na kwingineko katika dunia ya WAARABU ni jambo litakalobaki katika HISTORIA miaka mingi ijayo. Najiuliza kwa nini WATANZANIA hatuko hivo?

Ni watanzania wengi wanaofia mikononi mwa polisi nchi hii lakini hakuna wa kuwasemea tuunganishe nguvu yetu kuupinga utawala huu dhalimu ama kwa kura au nguvu ya wananchi!

Tanzania todate, a police state
Vengeance and hate, freedom abate
Enter mate, leave justice at the gate
The fate, our country of late

They pay you too much, service of the lip
The media batch, whole curve is on the bleep
Some even find excuses, self censorship
While me and my muses we shoot from the hip

National security by popular credulity
Purity of a masochists surity
Fruiting in this labor of cruelty
This eulogy of an Eden, for me and you you see

From Sao Hill to Tanangozi, mourning Mwangosi
With my posse, wondering what the course is
A trend that blends political assasinations
With thinly veiled quixotic grandiosity in the name of the nation

This impunity and immunity, in our community
Death of a nation, gross intimidations, violations
Blunder after blunder, weak propaganda
Is this any better than Idi Amin of Uganda?

Arrow spears machetes arm these stanzas
Gather the youth, Mtwara to Mwanza
As I penetrate their fortress in artful expression
While we police the police at the station

Caretakers turned lawbreakers
Quakers turned gunshakers
Bakers turned bread fakers
With double decker moneymakers turned blood takers

Excuse me while I switch into my Juvenal modus
In modest "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Who's to police the police, in war or peace
This malice of malice,caricaturing of justice, must cease

We carry the guilt of complicity (for some) and complacency (for the majority). No single evil human being or a band of criminals can cower an entire nation into submission to evil deeds short of the support of those two characters of the people themselves. All dictators have thrived on those factors. Let now each of us go into our inner depths to root out the causes of this growing catastrophe (impunity) that threatens to lay waste to our beloved Tanzania!

We carry the guilt of complicity (for some) and complacency (for the majority). No single evil human being or a band of criminals can cower an entire nation into submission to evil deeds short of the support of those two characters of the people themselves. All dictators have thrived on those factors. Let now each of us go into our inner depths to root out the causes of this growing catastrophe (impunity) that threatens to lay waste to our beloved Tanzania!

this is deep stuff!!!

This impunity and immunity, in our community
Death of a nation, gross intimidations, violations
Blunder after blunder, weak propaganda
Is this any better than Idi Amin of Uganda?

an ovation for that line... I like the way the beat goes like the Sukuma drumming during harvest time!

Ni kidhungu na kithwanglishi!. Ngoja nikachukue kamusi ya kidhungu na kutafuta mkalimani wa kithwanglish!

Tanganyika haijawahi kupata uhuru. Kilichofanyika mwaka 1961 ni kubadilishana utawala ambapo aliondoka mkoloni mweupe akarithi mkoloni mweusi na kukabidhiwa sheria za kikoloni, jeshi la polisi la kikoloni, magereza ya kikoloni na mfumo wa serikali wa kikoloni. THIS NOT YET UHURU.