How To Hide Important Files

Invisible

Robot
Feb 11, 2006
hide-imp-files.gif
The title seems kind of weird and interesting but its definitely possible. You can easily hide important files inside a picture such that the file becomes totally impossible to trace. This Windows trick is not a new one and probably most of you would already know about it but for those who don’t, it can come of great use anytime.
The file you want to save inside a picture can be of any extension e.g. exe, txt, mp3, avi or any other. This is probably the most secure way of hiding your private files in case you share your computer with your family members and you don’t want them to get a peek of your hidden files.
You will be needing WinRAR to perform this trick but as it is one of the world’s most commonly used software so I would assume that everyone reading this tutorial has got it already.
Here is how it goes:
  1. Open C: Drive and make a folder in it e.g. “sizlopedia”. Put both the files i.e. the file that you want to hide and the image inside which you want to hide the file into this folder
  2. Select both the files and make a compressed RAR archive e.g. “secret.rar” out of them
  3. Open Run and type in “cmd” to open the Command Prompt. Now type “cd..” and press enter and repeat this once again. Type “cd sizlopedia” to open the folder (where “sizlopedia” is the folder that I am using in this tutorial)
  4. Type the command
    copy /b maria.jpg + secret.rar safe.jpg
    and press enter
  5. Thw new picture safe.jpg is now the nested Picture file which has the hidden file saved inside it. Change its extension from .jpg to .rar anytime to access or extract the hidden file
Definitely cool and amazing trick.

Very useful. Is is this WinRAR a freeware?

Nah,

It's a shaware buddy. I have it, it's easy to get it. I am working on how to keep you updated once the new release for freeware is available. They sometimes give it for a couple of days and later the offer expires. Keep an eye on this forum

Can i download it from the net and use as Trial version for a while?How?

Back
Top Bottom