Home of AC Milan, Official Thread

Barcelona have already got some names on their shortlist for a replacement for Luis Suarez, these forwards who are tearing it up in Europe are being targeted.

According to Spanish outlet AS, one of Barcelona’s main priorities in next summer’s transfer window will be to sign a striker, it is reported that the La Liga champions are eyeing a forward between the ages of 20 and 26 years old.

AS report that Inter Milan’s Lautaro Martinez, PSV’s Donyell Malen, AC Milan’s Rafael Leao and Lille’s Victor Osimhen are on the club’s radar.

It’s added that the La Liga champions will focus on a move for a striker from January. The Catalan giants will need to get everything in gear very early to avoid the risk of losing out on their main targets in the summer.

Lautaro Martinez is the highest-profile name on the list, Don Balon understand that the Argentinean talisman’s price tag is at about €56m. Calciomercato report that former Arsenal academy star Malen is being valued at around €56m.

Leao’s an Osimhen’s values haven’t been reported though, we’d expect it to be much higher than the fees that the commanded this summer.

AC Milan signed Leao from Lille for €35m, as per Goal. Whilst Lille signed Osimhen to bolster their forward ranks for €12m according to Get French Football News.

That means Barcelona’s prime targets are worth a minimum of a combined €158m.

luis suarez
Suarez is approaching the twilight years of his career, but his game-winning double vs Inter Milan shows that he’s still a game-changing clinical finisher.

All of the youngsters have had amazing starts to the season, it’s easy to see why they’re finding themselves on Barcelona’s radar.

It’s not surprising to see that the Blaugrana are eyeing a move for a centre-forward to succeed Suarez, but what would the potential marquee signing of an ace mean for Antoine Griezmann…

Does the addition of a striker mean that the Frenchman will be moved onto the wings, or will the new signing just act as a backup to the former Atletico Madrid star?

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport though – as cited by MilanNews.it – not all that Pioli wants to change is on the training pitch.
The new coach has also prioritised the dietary aspect of his methodology, the paper writes.
The goal is to group together and take care of the diet, something which is viewed as important both for personal relationships within the squad and also allows the club to have greater control over what the players eat
The players will have both breakfast and lunch together at one big table rather than lots of small ones, before and after training respectively.
In summary: alarm clock, breakfast at Milanello, team training and lunch. In this way two meals will be organised and supervised

Former Lazio captain Stefano Mauri has revealed what Milan fans can expect from new head coach Stefano Pioli.
The Rossoneri earlier in the week that Marco Giampaolo had been sacked as head coach after just 111 days in charge – the shortest reign of any manager in the club’s history.
During his official presentation on Wednesday, the 53-year-old stated that there are three key principles which he wishes to instil into the current squad of players.
Mauri played 303 games for Lazio in all competitions and worked with Pioli from 2014 to 2016, and he told Calciomercato.com what it’s like to work with him.
“I was undoubtedly happy because he is a very good person, a serious professional,” he said.
“He deserved this opportunity, I am sure he will get the most out of this team. He is a hard worker and therefore from this point of view he will not be able to tell him anything.
“He is very good at making a group, trying to make people understand the importance of the concept of team and society beyond that of individuals.”
Milan fans got the hashtag #Pioliout trending worldwide expressing their disappointment at the decision, but Mauri believes he will win the fans over.
“The fans are right that they express their disappointment but I don’t think it’s a matter of Pioli but more towards the corporate situation of recent years at Milan and I am not referring only to this management by Boban and Maldini.
“It is normal that after Giampaolo they would have expected a coach with a different international experience, I am convinced that in the end Pioli will do well and will make the Milan fans think again.”
On the system that Pioli prefers, he added: “Pioli made us play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 from time to time and I was outside on the right of attack.”
During his official presentation on Wednesday it was reiterated that the goal for this season is a top four finish.
“They are real expressions, if he has accepted a situation like that of Milan he wants to say that he believes first and foremost in the value of the squad.
“He believes he can do well, that what we have seen so far is inferior to the possibilities of the team and to be able to intervene on the team on a mental and motivational level.
“He knows how to work well on the self-esteem of his boys, if he talked about the Champions is because he really believes in it . Maybe it will be difficult to reach it this year but they will certainly try.
“I think he has a Champions League team, the only one really ahead of the others is Atalanta. Both Fiorentina and Lazio and Roma, who for one reason and who for another, are all struggling and have lost points in Championship.
“Milan is only a few points away from these realities, the only one is Atalanta which already has 5 points on Lazio and Fiorentina, if Gasperini’s boys were to miss two or three games you find yourself already there fighting for the fourth place.
“Do not forget that Milan is not in the Europa League, is not involved in European competitions that take away so much from the physical and mental point of view.”
On former team-mate Lucas Biglia: “I believe he will start from Biglia because he knows how he works every day, what he asks for.
“Above all, at the beginning it can give that little something extra in terms of character because it has a great international experience and in a difficult environment like that of the Argentine national team.
“He also knows the Milan environment and can make a difference then when he gets to know Bennacer better he will also rotate them according to the needs of the team or the characteristics of the opponent.
“Pioli is very good at understanding the weak and strong points of the opponent to put in field the most suitable team for that game.”
A lot of emphasis has been placed upon Pioli helping the likes of Krzysztof Piatek and Lucas Paqueta to find their form.
“Paquetà is a very strong player, it is more a mezzala than a trequartista,” Mauri continued.
“He is very good technically. He is a mezzala, but in some cases he can go behind the striker to rec

The architect behind one of the designs for a new San Siro hosting Milan and Inter assures it’ll be “better than the Tottenham Stadium,” which they also planned.

The two clubs are eager to construct a new arena next to the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, at which point they can then tear down the iconic structure.

They reduced the shortlist down to two designs, one with concentric rings around the stadium, while the other by architects Populous would have slats based on the Duomo di Milano and Galleria.

“We started out with the desire to create something unique for the city of Milan,” architect Alessandro Zoppini told Radio Sportiva.
“We used the two principle symbols of Milan, which are the Duomo and the Galleria. We wanted a stadium that was extremely functional and could with the full context around it revamp an urban zone that is currently underdeveloped. The ground where it’d be built is currently unused for six days out of seven.

“It’s a stadium that will be even better than recent project, such as the Tottenham Stadium (also designed by Populous). It’ll have a great atmosphere for the fans, but also be open to all those who live in the area.
“It’d recycle energy resources and have less of an audible impact on surrounding homes. We plan to plant thick trees that will completely surround the stadium.

“We’re ready to start tomorrow if we’re chosen and the arena can be completed in three and a half to four years. We worked for over a year on the feasibility of reconstructing the Stadio Meazza, but it’s like an old car: it uses up too much energy, makes too much noise and doesn’t have modern comforts, so it’s basically an obsolete structure.”

Former AC Milan boss Arrigo Sacchi believes that Paolo Maldini and the rest of the leadership admitted to a mistake by sacking Marco Giampaolo.

Giampaolo was dismissed as head coach earlier in the week after just seven games and 111 days in charge, the shortest reign of any manager in the club’s history.

Stefano Pioli was named as his replacement on Wednesday despite protests from fans signing a two-year deal, though il Corriere della Sera believe he will be gone at the end of the season if Milan do not qualify for Europe.
Sacchi – who recently voiced his opinions on Giampaolo and insisted he should not be sacked – spoke at the Sports Festival on Friday about his old club/
“To sack a coach immediately is like saying ‘We were wrong’,” he said, via MilanNews.it .

“I have known Giampaolo for a long time, I wanted him when I was manager in Parma and when I was in charge of the national team I asked him to come and coach the Under 21s.
“I was sorry he left because he is good, but I don’t know what happened.

“There is a greater good for Milan and all the players I coached: now there are Maldini and Boban, to whom I wish all the best.”

Ancelotti to La Gazzetta dello Sport: "Restarting a club as big as Milan is not easy, but i think the current management has the ability to do so. Of course, there are problems of psychological, physical and technical nature, and of investment."

Silvio Berlusconi claims Milan can become great again by handing the club back to him and hits back at Ivan Gazidis. “Bankruptcy? You can say that in the toilet.”

The former President was asked about comments current CEO Gazidis made during Stefano Pioli’s presentation Press conference, claiming Elliott Management deserved more credit for saving a club on the verge of bankruptcy and demotion to Serie D.

“These are phrases someone should only say if he walks into the toilet and closes the door first,” Berlusconi told TeleLombardia.
“As for how we get Milan back to being the great Milan of the past, that is simple, yet at the same time difficult to make happen: give the club back to Silvio Berlusconi.”

Milan and Inter are trying to construct a brand new stadium, a project that Berlusconi did develop several years ago before abandoning it.
“These are lovely projects, I am sure it’ll be a modern and beautiful arena. We are fond of San Siro because we won everything there, every spectator gets a good view and I hope that a solution is found to prevent the old stadium being knocked down. Otherwise, I’d propose the city give it to Monza.”
Berlusconi is still in football, as he now owns Serie C club Monza, with Adriano Galliani as his CEO.

A few weeks ago, Berlusconi joked that there ought to be a friendly between Monza and Milan, assuming his team would win 3-0.
“That was a joke… I don’t know Marco Giampaolo or Stefano Pioli personally, so I don’t want to comment on things I’m not involved in.”

Franck Kessié played the full game in Ivory Coast's 3-1 win over DR Congo earlier today. Wilfried Kanon (22'), Nicolas Pépé (44') and Wilfried Zaha (95') scored the goals.

Krzysztof Piątek played 2 minutes as a substitute in Poland's 2-0 win against North Macedonia this evening. Przemysław Frankowski (74') and Arkadiusz Milik (80') scored the goals.

Ante Rebić played 30 minutes as a substitute in Croatia's 1-1 draw with Wales this evening. Nikola Vlašić (9') and Gareth Bale (48') scored the goals.

Silvio Berlusconi claims Milan can become great again by handing the club back to him and hits back at Ivan Gazidis. “Bankruptcy? You can say that in the toilet.”

The former President was asked about comments current CEO Gazidis made during Stefano Pioli’s presentation Press conference, claiming Elliott Management deserved more credit for saving a club on the verge of bankruptcy and demotion to Serie D.

“These are phrases someone should only say if he walks into the toilet and closes the door first,” Berlusconi told TeleLombardia.
“As for how we get Milan back to being the great Milan of the past, that is simple, yet at the same time difficult to make happen: give the club back to Silvio Berlusconi.”

Milan and Inter are trying to construct a brand new stadium, a project that Berlusconi did develop several years ago before abandoning it.
“These are lovely projects, I am sure it’ll be a modern and beautiful arena. We are fond of San Siro because we won everything there, every spectator gets a good view and I hope that a solution is found to prevent the old stadium being knocked down. Otherwise, I’d propose the city give it to Monza.”
Berlusconi is still in football, as he now owns Serie C club Monza, with Adriano Galliani as his CEO.

A few weeks ago, Berlusconi joked that there ought to be a friendly between Monza and Milan, assuming his team would win 3-0.
“That was a joke… I don’t know Marco Giampaolo or Stefano Pioli personally, so I don’t want to comment on things I’m not involved in.”

Lucas Paquetá played 5 minutes as a substitute in Brazil's 1-1 draw with Nigeria earlier today. Joe Aribo (35') and Casmeiro (48') scored the goals.

Chelsea offer out of favour star to European giants AC Milan
AC MILAN

One of Chelsea’s out of favour stars has been offered to Serie A
giants AC Milan, the defender has struggled to make an impact in
the first-team since his arrival.
According to via MilanNews.it , agent Sascha Empacher (owner of
SPOCS sports consultants) was present at Casa Milan recently to
discuss a few of his clients.

It’s understood Empacher offered the Italian giants to sign out of
favour Chelsea star Abdul Baba Rahman, the left-back is currently
on loan at La Liga side Real Mallorca.

As per the Guardian , the Blues signed the Ghana international four
years ago for an initial £14m. Given his lack of playing time, we
doubt the west London club have paid any bonuses to Augsburg.
Baba Rahman joined the Blues four years ago.
Rahman has struggled massively with injuries since he moved to
Chelsea, the ace was injured on his second appearance for loan club
Mallorca.

Football.London understand that Rahman will be out for a few weeks
with an injury to his right-knee. The 25-year-old has only recently
recovered from a serious knee injury.
The defender has only made 23 appearances for the west London
side during his four years at Stamford Bridge.
Surprisingly before loaning him out this summer, the Blues extended
the ace’s contract by one-year – until 2022, as per Chelsea’s official
website.

Perhaps this was just an effort to preserve some transfer value on
the defender before the Blues attempt to move the star on – he
clearly doesn’t have a future at Stamford Bridge.

AC Milan are stepping up their pursuit of a new right-back to replace
Andrea Conti, according to a report.
That particular position is one where Milan have not enjoyed much
continuity this season, with Davide Calabria having already received
two red cards and Andrea Conti struggling for form.

Calciomercato.com – who cite Tuttosport – are reporting that the
latter will be allowed to leave on loan in January, which means the
Rossoneri are now looking for a replacement.
A report from the same outlet claims that there are three possible
names being considered: Tottenham’s Serge Aurier, Everton’s Djibril
Sidibe and Lille’s Mehmet Zeki Celik.

In addition, Milan will send a scout to Paris for the game between
France and Turkey on Monday with the objective of watching Celik,
who is apparently valued at €20m .
Tuttosport does also claim meanwhile that Spurs have made it clear
that Aurier is not for sale in January.

How Stefano Pioli's first AC Milan side could look like vs Lecce

AC Milan will face Lecce in a week when Serie A resumes after the
international break and it will be the first match on the Rossoneri
bench for Stefano Pioli, who has been preparing with the team at
Milanello for almost a week now.

The former Inter and Fiorentina manager is settling in and is
gradually constructing his line-up for his first Serie A encounter as
Milan's coach. There will be no huge revolutions but the 53-year-old
is ready to make some changes to freshen things up for the team.
As reported by Gazzetta dello Sport today (via milanlive.it), the
defence appears rather outlined with Donnarumma, Conti, Musacchio,
Alessio Romagnoli and Theo Hernandez forming the back four.

Meanwhile, the midfield will see some changes. Lucas Biglia is likely to
be used in the regista role, where he starred for Pioli's Lazio team in
the past. The Argentinian is set to be accompanied by Franck Kessie
and Lucas Paqueta on the flanks.

There are also clear ideas for the attack. Suso is set to play on the
right, Piatek in the centre, while Rafael Leao on the left side of the
attack. Pioli wants to rely on the Portuguese starlet, who has proved
to be fundamental from the derby onwards, despite the negative
results.

Still hamjapata right coach, Milan mnapaswa kuangalia pia nje ya italia. Kule ujerumani kuna makocha wazuri, mngejaribu kule. Lakini hii ya kuangaika na wataliano ni kupoteza muda.
Polli anarekodi gani? Kufundisha Fiorentina na lazio ndio vigezo mlivyoona vya kumpa club kubwa kama milan! Soon naye ataonyeshwa mlango wa kutokea.

According to a report from La Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday (via MilanNews.it), the belief of the club’s hierarchy is that the squad is a bit too youth-oriented at present.

As a result, they apparently believe that experience is needed to add to the current team, and it will be a major objective in January to add more seasoned players.

Milan have been linked with a number of big names such as Juan Mata, Mesut Ozil, Javi Martinez and Thomas Muller – all of whom fit the aforementioned criteria.

📰 CorSport: Leao a major target for Barcelona; #ACMilan have no intention of selling

Demetrio Albertini criticised Milan for “starting from scratch, scrapping everything they built the year before. “They ought to learn from Juventus.”

The Rossoneri fired Giampaolo after losing four of the opening seven Serie A games, bringing in Pioli following problems in securing Luciano Spalletti.
“It’s always difficult to judge from the outside, but the moment you hire someone like Giampaolo and are target a certain type of football, you know it’s going to take some time,” former Milan midfielder Albertini told Tuttosport.

“Quite frankly, seven games isn’t enough to think you can see that work pay off. Perhaps Milan found themselves in a situation they weren’t expecting and preferred to change early on. Evidently, problems emerged that had not been taken into account. It’s a defeat for everyone when a Coach is dismissed.
“Pioli has experience in dealing with negative moments. I just hope the team can quickly understand what the new Coach can give, because the real problem for Milan now is how far they are off the important areas of the table.”

Albertini’s former teammates Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban are now Milan directors, but he spies a worrying trend at the club.
“Everyone knows how much they care about Milan, but then we’ll have to see what the results say. The real problem at Milan is that every year they start from scratch and completely scrap everything they built the year before.

“A club like Milan cannot think of taking it one day at a time. They must always have an objective and aim for the top. Targeting a Champions League place is the bare minimum of what Milan ought to be doing. Winning it would be a dream, but I cannot think of a target other than a top four finish.

“This is the winning card played by Juventus in recent years: a club that became modern while maintaining an incredible sense of belonging. Milan ought to do the same as Juve.”

The Rossoneri are also planning to tear down the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza and build a new structure in conjunction with Inter.
“On the one hand, San Siro is history, but on the other, it cannot be a modern home for Milan and Inter. If I could, I’d want to restructure the Stadio Meazza, because any player can be made great in that venue.”

Kaka: "It's difficult to understand what's happening when you are not inside. According to the management the manager was one of the problems and with the change it was solved, but it's not easy to judge from outside. As a Milanista I wish that things go well."

Kaka: "Pioli has just arrived. Let's hope that Milan can recover quickly. I wish the coach a good luck and I hope he can deliver good work."

Back
Top Bottom