Hidden in Einstein's Math: Faster-than-Light Travel?

Highlander; I compare "your imaginations" on the current state of affairs of the particle accelerators as those of Albert Einstein, when in his livelihood, did imagine the future technology by looking at the pace by which the same technology was advancing, which latter on forced him to utter this statement "I do not wthi what weapons world war III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with stones and sticks". I could imagine today how precise he was, so to speak. Yes, he wasn't accurate, but rather precise. I'm in Africa doing fine with my current employment but feeling I could have been able to do more than just what I'm currently doing. Actually, I'm not feeling bad but rather somehow frustrated, when it comes to just witnessing something in forms of let's say, reported research findings which are somehow INCOMPREHENSIBLE by the normal human brain, those sort of wonderful things some people cause to happen. Might be a mixture of both curiosity and frustrations,...., frustrations not that I do not have a job or rather a stable type of icome perttinent with my country's economic level, but rather of the feeling that PERHAPS I WAS SUPPOSED/DESTINED TO DO BETTER THAT WHAT I'M CURRENTLY DOING, probably similar to what is being done by the CERN's, NASA's ect, etc. By the way, Curiosity Rover will be on a mount sharp probably by February 2013 and NEW HORIZONS is now more than half-way of its Journey to Pluto, since it start in 2006. Sometimes stories as these do not appeal to the brain of an ordinary mind individual like me that just normal human beings of similar shape and brain like mine, are doing all these things. BIG UP SANA HAWA JAMAA, NAWAKUBALI KUPITA KIASI (you will excuse me for this in case you are not a swahili speaker)
Nimekusoma Mkuu. Labda nirekebishe kidogo msimamo. Ni kitu chema 'kunia' mafanikio. Lakini vi vizuri pia kuwa mkweli wa hali halisi. Nadhani Albert Einstein alitabiri World War IV itabigwa kwa sticks and stones kuleta maama kuwa our known civilization will destroy itself in World War III, na masalia ya binadamu wataopigana World War IV watakuwa kama watu wa ujima kwa kuwa civilization kama tunavyoijua itajimaliza katika World War III. And that is very possible. Dokezo ni kwamba nakubali na kukuomba uendelee 'kunia' mafanikio ya kisayansi ya hali ya juu kwako binafsi, lakini pia mafanikio ya kisayansi makubwa katika hili eneo letu la Afrika Mashariki. Umetumia Kiswahili na siwezi kujua kama unaongea ukiwa wapi katika hili eneo letu Kiswahiliphone. Mimi ni Mtanzania. All the best!

Nimekusoma Mkuu. Labda nirekebishe kidogo msimamo. Ni kitu chema 'kunia' mafanikio. Lakini vi vizuri pia kuwa mkweli wa hali halisi. Nadhani Albert Einstein alitabiri World War IV itabigwa kwa sticks and stones kuleta maama kuwa our known civilization will destroy itself in World War III, na masalia ya binadamu wataopigana World War IV watakuwa kama watu wa ujima kwa kuwa civilization kama tunavyoijua itajimaliza katika World War III. And that is very possible. Dokezo ni kwamba nakubali na kukuomba uendelee 'kunia' mafanikio ya kisayansi ya hali ya juu kwako binafsi, lakini pia mafanikio ya kisayansi makubwa katika hili eneo letu la Afrika Mashariki. Umetumia Kiswahili na siwezi kujua kama unaongea ukiwa wapi katika hili eneo letu Kiswahiliphone. Mimi ni Mtanzania. All the best!
Highlander;

Looks like we will have to convert the thread into a private talk, why not pm me? Mwezi ujao nitakuwa Tanzania pia.

You are probably wondering why there is so much interest and excitement on this subject from my side. This is an area which tickles my imagination a great deal. An area which concerns human curiosity of the highest order. In 1982 I was lucky to visit a particles accelerator near San Jose California and I have always marveled at that extent of human ingenuity in search of facts. they had photographs of streaks of the passage of little particles called quarks I think, but they were not themselves visible as you suggest--if I remember correctly. Have a great day!
Hii nadhani itakuwa ni replica ya ile iliyoko Uswisi. You will never come to forget this experience hata kama utakuja kuishi miaka 200!

Hii nadhani itakuwa ni replica ya ile iliyoko Uswisi. You will never come to forget this experience hata kama utakuja kuishi miaka 200!

By the way it was actually 1981; not 1982. the December of 1982 had I traveled back to Dar. So it was actually December 1981 with my host family from San Jose.

By the way it was actually 1981; not 1982. the December of 1982 had I traveled back to Dar. So it was actually December 1981 with my host family from San Jose.

Was it a visit just for funny or something professional was tied with your host family i.e. had your host family had any professional relationship with the people working at the Particles Accerelator center?

Was it a visit just for funny or something professional was tied with your host family i.e. had your host family had any professional relationship with the people working at the Particles Accerelator center?

nilikuwa nafukuzia bba marekani wakati huo, na ile ilikuwa safari ya kutalii tu; nothing professional. nitakusimulia vizuri siku nyingine. the only thing physics has in common with business ni kwamba kotekote tunatumia alama za kujumlisha, kutoa, kuzidisha na kugawa. beyond that hizi ni dunia mbili tofauti kabisa! upo?

Einstein was a real thinker, but from what i read two years ago, Einstein said time travel was possible (you have just verified it!!!) but he said we can only go foward in time but for us to go back in time we must travel beyond speed of light
Yes, that means the natural principle that "effect precedes the cause" will be reversed i.e. time travel beyond the speed of light will reverse this natural principle, so that "it will then be possible for the cause to precede the effect",..., amazing uuhh!

So, if this is a case then perhaps there is a possibility of time travel, right?
It might be that, in this world, everything is possible, only that we are currently missing the right techology to get things done in the way we wish. Looks like eEvery idea can be practically implemented

nilikuwa nafukuzia bba marekani wakati huo, na ile ilikuwa safari ya kutalii tu; nothing professional. nitakusimulia vizuri siku nyingine. the only thing physics has in common with business ni kwamba kotekote tunatumia alama za kujumlisha, kutoa, kuzidisha na kugawa. beyond that hizi ni dunia mbili tofauti kabisa! upo?
Bado umo humu jukwaani?

Per current Physics, faster than light travel is already possible.

Any light that is coming to us from far enough to have enjoyed the advantages of the expansion of space, will have travelled an average speed that is faster than that of light. This is facilitated by the expansion if space.

This is why the age of our universe, per current physics, is 13.8 billion years, but the radius of the observable universe is 45.7 billion light years.

But this, in most cases, is not very meaningful in a practical sense.

Time dilation does not produce, nor is it produced from faster than light speed. It is simply the slowing down of the passage of time in the frame of reference of person B due to person A moving fast.

Any light that is coming to us from far enough to have enjoyed the advantages of the expansion of space, will have travelled an average speed that is faster than that of light. This is facilitated by the expansion if space.
I do not clearly get this idea for light to travel at an average speed faster than that of light, since its speed is the same everywhere and in all frames of references. Moreover, are you saying, the universe expands at a speed faster than that of light? In order to be understood clearly, you probably need to relate your explanations with the rate of expansion of the universe in parsec

I do not clearly get this idea for light to travel at an average speed faster than that of light, since its speed is the same everywhere and in all frames of references. Moreover, are you saying, the universe expands at a speed faster than that of light? In order to be understood clearly, you probably need to relate your explanations with the rate of expansion of the universe in parsec
The speed of light, in a vacuum, is constant. That speed does not increase. If you carry a torch on a spaceship traveling at 10% the speed of light, the light from that torch will not travel at 110% the speed of light. It will still travel at 100% the speed of light.

So you are right in saying the speed of light (in a vacuum albeit) is a constant. Regardless of frame of reference.

With one big exception.

The exception is, this does not account for the expansion of the universe.

Light is leapfrogged to travel faster than the speed of light, by the expansion of space.

If this was not so, we would not be able to see anything further away than 13.8 light years. Because the age of our universe is 13.8 light years.

The galaxy GN- z11 currently has a proper distance of 32 billion light years from earth, but yet we can see its light that started to travel to us a mere 13.4 billion light years ago.

This light has travelled 32 billion light years in 13.4 light years.

The average speed of this light, buoyed by the expansionnof the universe, is almost 2.4 times that of the speed of light.

The expansionnof the universe is 72 kilometers per second per megaparsec.

In 2001, Wendy Freedman determined space to expand at 72 kilometers per second per megaparsec - roughly 3.3 million light years - meaning that for every 3.3 million light years further away from the earth you are, the matter where you are, is moving away from earth 72 kilometers a second faster.

Please allow me to ask a dum questions
Makanyaga. What category of speed do you put electrons moving between two computers connected by some kind of magnetic force on two different continents? And has that speed passed the speed of light?
Electrons do not move ,just vibrate from one another

Light is leapfrogged to travel faster than the speed of light, by the expansion of space.

If this was not so, we would not be able to see anything further away than 13.8 light years. Because the age of our universe is 13.8 light years.

The galaxy GN- z11 currently has a proper distance of 32 billion light years from earth, but yet we can see its light that started to travel to us a mere 13.4 billion light years ago.
Are you sure that everything we are currently observing in our universe, is actually existing at the moment and that some of observations are not likely to be coming from some Galaxies which belonged to another universe which existed before our own, and thereafter the universe wholly went into extinction, at most some 32 billion light years ago?

Are you sure that everything we are currently observing in our universe, is actually existing at the moment and that some of observations are not likely to be coming from some Galaxies which belonged to another universe which existed before our own, and thereafter the universe wholly went into extinction, at most some 32 billion light years ago?
What do you mean by "existing at the moment" ?

Relativity forbids such a statement.

"At the moment" is only relevant if you define the frame of reference. What do you mean by "at the moment"? Which moment? Where? On earth? Andromeda? Betelgeuse? Sombrero?

A lot of the stars we see have supernovaed millions of years ago.But we still see them shining bright because their supernovae "moment" has not reached us.

What is your point?

How would some gqlaxies from qnother universe be observabke from ours?

Can you name one galaxy that is not from our universe?

A lot of the stars we see have supernovaed millions of years ago.But we still see them shining bright because their supernovae "moment" has not reached us.

What is your point?
That there was another universe that wholly went into extinction, be it by by supernovae explosions or anything, at most 32 Billion Years ago, and that one of its galaxies was Galaxy GN- z11 you have mentioned

That there was another universe that wholly went into extinction, be it by by supernovae explosions or anything, at most 32 Billion Years ago, and that one of its galaxies was Galaxy GN- z11 you have mentioned
You do not need that theory to explain that galaxy and that distance. Relativity can explain that galaxy and that distance without needing a separate universe.

Moreover, your theory is sheer speculation, you have provided neither the mathematics nor the observation data to support it.

You do not need that theory to explain that galaxy and that distance. Relativity can explain that galaxy and that distance without needing a separate universe.

Moreover, your theory is sheer speculation, you have provided neither the mathematics nor the observation data to support it.
It was not a theory, but just an assumption on your assertion about the distance to the earth from Galaxy GN- z11

Back
Top Bottom