First give Respect to CCM if You are to Remove it from Power!

The only problem with our opposition parties is that they only struggle to remove CCM from power.

They repeat the same mistake over and over.
In our old days those gangsters were so called hand to mouth parties .period

To root out this power crenching giant will.probably involve blood shed.
Their lust for power is beyond control they may go even to hell so as protect their power.
May be we ask Keynez, to change to Kiswahili majadiliano. This is a kind of thrd we need for better JF. In the past, it has been concluded that in Africa, two political parties; SA-ANC and TZ-CCM are mammoth parties. They are deep-rooted for historical reason. They therefore need special thinking of whoever struggling to unseat them.

The lust for power is explainable. CCM used to attract politically incompetent people. They never fit to be called politicians. they were just opportunity grabbers, mostly for financial opportunities. Unfortunately, the kind of political system allowed government apparatus less powerful to these people such that, the hangout had never been eradicated. You remember the now weak Kisena slapping a police officer somewhere in Shinyanga then, walked away unpunished! Such immunity and enjoyment will hardly be relinquished by anyone, so easily, peacefully.

However, I can see the good of Magufuli. Magufuli is not appreciating such nonsense. He had never enjoyed such political benefits, ever in his life history. We can see how he is squeezing CCM to the ground. To him, he just needs positive, physical achievements. Unfortunately the raias are also confused! They like being massaged even when nothing will be achieved, like it was during Kikwete's awamu ya 4. Kikwete was yielding to fellow members since he originated from similar people who still think politics should be everything! Nonsense, actually!

May be we ask Keynez, to change to Kiswahili majadiliano. This is a kind of thrd we need for better JF. In the past, it has been concluded that in Africa, two political parties; SA-ANC and TZ-CCM are mammoth parties. They are deep-rooted for historical reason. They therefore need special thinking of whoever struggling to unseat them.

The lust for power is explainable. CCM used to attract politically incompetent people. They never fit to be called politicians. they were just opportunity grabbers, mostly for financial opportunities. Unfortunately, the kind of political system allowed government apparatus less powerful to these people such that, the hangout had never been eradicated. You remember the now weak Kisena slapping a police officer somewhere in Shinyanga then, walked away unpunished! Such immunity and enjoyment will hardly be relinquished by anyone, so easily, peacefully.

However, I can see the good of Magufuli. Magufuli is not appreciating such nonsense. He had never enjoyed such political benefits, ever in his life history. We can see how he is squeezing CCM to the ground. To him, he just needs positive, physical achievements. Unfortunately the raias are also confused! They like being massaged even when nothing will be achieved, like it was during Kikwete's awamu ya 4. Kikwete was yielding to fellow members since he originated from similar people who still think politics should be everything! Nonsense, actually!

Feel free to transform this discussion into Kiswahili! I just felt I could explain my original thoughts much better in English.

Competing with a party like CCM with 'special thinking' as you put it is a wise approach because it helps you to see unconventional and/or necessary paths you must take that you would otherwise be blind of. Some of these paths may look similar to what CCM took in the past. To me, that's where the real wisdom of respecting and loving your enemy comes from.

As for your Magufuli comment. What is his base of support? If he isn't relying on CCM's ways of doing things like you claimed, what ground is he standing on? Do you think his approach is sustainable and good for the future of our country?

If his aim was solely to get positive results while changing CCM for the better, don't you think letting the opposition parties thrive rather than crush them with his iron fist would have been to his advantage?

If you ask me, the opposition need a brutally honest leader just as much as CCM does!

Feel free to transform this discussion into Kiswahili! I just felt I could explain my original thoughts much better in English.

Competing with a party like CCM with 'special thinking' as you put it is a wise approach because it helps you to see unconventional and/or necessary paths you must take that you would otherwise be blind of. Some of these paths may look similar to what CCM took in the past. To me, that's where the real wisdom of respecting and loving your enemy comes from.

As for your Magufuli comment. What is his base of support? If he isn't relying on CCM's ways of doing things like you claimed, what ground is he standing on? Do you think his approach is sustainable and good for the future of our country?

If his aim was solely to get positive results while changing CCM for the better, don't you think letting the opposition parties thrive rather than crush them with his iron fist would have been to his advantage?

If you ask me, the opposition need a brutally honest leader just as much as CCM does!
Saying, the opposition parties need a brutally honest leader, that will be an elephant to fight! CCM has always been advantaged by her control over state apparatus. The opposition won't enjoy such privilege. On Magufuli's approach and likely success, that is obvious. There is no permanent way of CCM's modus operandi. The reason is simple. CCM has multitude of members and leaders who actually need her than she needs them. You may think that they are power makers but they are beggars of CCM's mercy. Whoever is put aside by Magufuli, regrets. Seeing those picked as lucky people. Everyone wishes to be part of Magufuli's nominees. How will they be cohesive to the extent of unseating or letting him down?

Look at this scenario, Lowasa defected, then he was followed by other so called senior leaders. He is back, they are also back begging for huruma and msamaha! Can these be an asset to CCM? NO! btw. why did powerful Lowasa see himself useless outside CCM? He is now back possibly begging to be considered for powered committees. He will continue begging while making sure that no one sees him as one of the opposers of Magufuli.

Recently, I was reading a story of Moise Katumbi, a wealthy billionaire in DRC and a former ally to the then President Joseph Kabila. He had all the wealth and influence but all of that wasn't enough to prevent his enemies stopping him to become a Presidential candidate, let alone re-enter the country after his own self-imposed exile. Katumbi did a lot of things right but forgot one important thing, he didn't seek blessings from Dar es Salaam.

After more than 25 years since the last African liberation victory was won, CCM is still able to churn out Swahili-speaking Presidents from Zimbabwe to Mozambique. We might even have a future Chinese President in our midst.

Uprooting CCM as close as it may seem and as easy as it may look, it's important to remember you are talking about an organisation that has enjoyed enough time to build its roots and establish strong relationships locally and abroad. The biggest mistake any one who want to remove CCM from power can ever make is to overlook this undeniable fact.

Recently I was reading a news report of FM Palamagamba Kabudi talking to Libyan representative and all Kabudi reported after the meeting was about talks of Investments, assuming we don't know anything about what's really going on in Libya today. Is that all they talked about? Can you really sit down today and talk to a Libyan leader without talking about escalating Libyan internal political situation?

Recently I was watching an interview of this South African most respected Hip Hop legend named Tumi aka Stogie T. What surprised me was to find out he was actually born and grew up in the Morogoro region at a camp formerly used by South African freedom fighters. Do you now understand what I am trying to say here?

My little amateur understanding of politics, diplomacy and international relations tells me that you need to make serious political connections with other organisations and peoples especially in this part of the world if you are to defeat an organisation like CCM. Stop dealing with Musukumas and Jerry Murros, those are just distractions, you have much bigger fish to fry. Also learn from Muslim Brotherhood and the rookie mistakes they made after acquiring power so that you don't repeat them. They lost power as quickly as they acquired it.

Tundu Lissu, the man I truly admire for having real tenacity and persistence is a true embodiment of a Swahili saying 'Kumpiga chura teke ni kumuongezea spidi'. I think for the very first time we have a true opposition leader who has been anointed, separated and ordained for a great mission since Nyerere in the 1950's. I seriously hope he doesn't continue to waste it on meet-and-greet arrangements which neither increase his influence locally or abroad nor expand his understanding of matters of politics.

Lissu need to spend every second of his God-given life to brainstorm with big brains who understand power and how to acquire it. I have seen him repeatedly making some mistakes that shows me he doesn't have serious advisers around him. For example, when he was in Washington he mentioned President Trump but not in a very positive light. Also, talks of democracy and human rights however noble they are will not automatically give him the keys to power. This is especially important to keep in mind in closed-door meetings. He need to remember he is in a game of give-and-take. That's all there is to it.

What is he prepared to give them in exchange for them removing their support to CCM? This is a very hard complex question. When he is not building serious coalitions and relationships with fellow African political and social organisations, this is the only other thing he need to be thinking about. These two, and only these two hold the keys to his future political success.

Respect your enemy. Jesus even went further and said Love your enemy. There is a great secret to that wisdom.

Happy Easter to you all,

He is Risen! He is Risen!
This sounds like : give respect to the devil (satan) if you are to remove it.

But in reality:
Give your life to Jesus and the devil will go away!

Recently, I was reading a story of Moise Katumbi, a wealthy billionaire in DRC and a former ally to the then President Joseph Kabila. He had all the wealth and influence but all of that wasn't enough to prevent his enemies stopping him to become a Presidential candidate, let alone re-enter the country after his own self-imposed exile. Katumbi did a lot of things right but forgot one important thing, he didn't seek blessings from Dar es Salaam.

After more than 25 years since the last African liberation victory was won, CCM is still able to churn out Swahili-speaking Presidents from Zimbabwe to Mozambique. We might even have a future Chinese President in our midst.

Uprooting CCM as close as it may seem and as easy as it may look, it's important to remember you are talking about an organisation that has enjoyed enough time to build its roots and establish strong relationships locally and abroad. The biggest mistake any one who want to remove CCM from power can ever make is to overlook this undeniable fact.

Recently I was reading a news report of FM Palamagamba Kabudi talking to Libyan representative and all Kabudi reported after the meeting was about talks of Investments, assuming we don't know anything about what's really going on in Libya today. Is that all they talked about? Can you really sit down today and talk to a Libyan leader without talking about escalating Libyan internal political situation?

Recently I was watching an interview of this South African most respected Hip Hop legend named Tumi aka Stogie T. What surprised me was to find out he was actually born and grew up in the Morogoro region at a camp formerly used by South African freedom fighters. Do you now understand what I am trying to say here?

My little amateur understanding of politics, diplomacy and international relations tells me that you need to make serious political connections with other organisations and peoples especially in this part of the world if you are to defeat an organisation like CCM. Stop dealing with Musukumas and Jerry Murros, those are just distractions, you have much bigger fish to fry. Also learn from Muslim Brotherhood and the rookie mistakes they made after acquiring power so that you don't repeat them. They lost power as quickly as they acquired it.

Tundu Lissu, the man I truly admire for having real tenacity and persistence is a true embodiment of a Swahili saying 'Kumpiga chura teke ni kumuongezea spidi'. I think for the very first time we have a true opposition leader who has been anointed, separated and ordained for a great mission since Nyerere in the 1950's. I seriously hope he doesn't continue to waste it on meet-and-greet arrangements which neither increase his influence locally or abroad nor expand his understanding of matters of politics.

Lissu need to spend every second of his God-given life to brainstorm with big brains who understand power and how to acquire it. I have seen him repeatedly making some mistakes that shows me he doesn't have serious advisers around him. For example, when he was in Washington he mentioned President Trump but not in a very positive light. Also, talks of democracy and human rights however noble they are will not automatically give him the keys to power. This is especially important to keep in mind in closed-door meetings. He need to remember he is in a game of give-and-take. That's all there is to it.

What is he prepared to give them in exchange for them removing their support to CCM? This is a very hard complex question. When he is not building serious coalitions and relationships with fellow African political and social organisations, this is the only other thing he need to be thinking about. These two, and only these two hold the keys to his future political success.

Respect your enemy. Jesus even went further and said Love your enemy. There is a great secret to that wisdom.

Happy Easter to you all,

What a shit have you written? Despite you underwent courses on International relations and Diplomacy as you claim(possibly street courses) but you cannot differentiate between espionage and a political party,it's TISS that played party in erecting presidents in those nations for the fresh interests of Tanzania and not CCM.
The oppositions do not hate CCM,but CCM does hate them.

Thinking!
Consistently, I have been discouraged by a new generation of JF member. They tend to equate football match noise making that enhance impetus to players, synonymous to political performance. Politics never grow out of noise making. IQ enhancement!

Now you are saying about CCM and its tentacles to the outside. My thinking is that, CCM can go but not under this poor quality and structure of opposition parties. CCM's out connection can't make it immune to shake-up because the outsiders are similarly in shambles. The kind of leaders we have in the opposite side would have been useful in the 1950s and 1960s, not in today's independent Tanzania. You can't expect to be governed by non-professional people, at this literacy level! It tests bitter but, let fact be said, openly!

Then, you are saying something confusing about Lissu. Like above, Lissu was supposed to be a politician in 1970s in countries like Rhodesia and SA, where the rulers, having seen what had happened to other african countries were really aggressively protecting their surrounding. Then, they needed sacrificial politicians. In todays TZ, NO! No thanks! btw. he is not an intelligent man rather a person with self appreciation. He behaves like Homo sapiens amidst four legged animals. No room for others, no room for new ideas.
Do you want the oppositions to get armed by guns so that you would say that they're strong?

Saying, the opposition parties need a brutally honest leader, that will be an elephant to fight! CCM has always been advantaged by her control over state apparatus. The opposition won't enjoy such privilege. On Magufuli's approach and likely success, that is obvious. There is no permanent way of CCM's modus operandi. The reason is simple. CCM has multitude of members and leaders who actually need her than she needs them. You may think that they are power makers but they are beggars of CCM's mercy. Whoever is put aside by Magufuli, regrets. Seeing those picked as lucky people. Everyone wishes to be part of Magufuli's nominees. How will they be cohesive to the extent of unseating or letting him down?

Look at this scenario, Lowasa defected, then he was followed by other so called senior leaders. He is back, they are also back begging for huruma and msamaha! Can these be an asset to CCM? NO! btw. why did powerful Lowasa see himself useless outside CCM? He is now back possibly begging to be considered for powered committees. He will continue begging while making sure that no one sees him as one of the opposers of Magufuli.

What you call a begging culture isn't restricted to CCM members and Presidential nominees, this is a culture that affect all of us.

I believe in Tanzania we have what I would call 'deliberate inefficiency'. When I learned about it after seeing it in the education system, it really opened my eyes. I then saw how widespread and systematic it is affecting sectors as far as sports, arts/entertainment and overall private sector. You can't change such a system easily or by conventional approaches, I'm sorry!

Generally policies that are created to oversee the private sector are meant to restrict not to regulate it. This makes all of us at the mercy of the government and for that matter CCM. I wouldn't support such a slavery system.

To remove CCM you need to use shock and awe strategies. I said recently here, CCM doesn't like to be in the defence. It's not a very a comfortable place for them. You put them under real pressure with sustained elements of surprise, sooner or later they will collapse.

I will agree with you on the weaknesses of the opposition parties. I have highlighted some of them repeatedly for years. Some of these are so obvious and probably 'easy' to fix, you wonder why those leaders don't take action.

But then again, maybe those are not really mistakes as we believe them to be, maybe they are there by design!

Principles of politics haven't changed much since the days of Julius Caesar and they will remain so for the foreseeable future.

In my humble opinion, support from neighbors or lack thereof is what separated Jonas Savimbi from Paul Kagame.

If I were Lissu when the time come for real political battles, I'll have few retired military generals come out in support (maybe at the expense of forfeiting their retirement pensions). I will have few political parties in other African countries hold rallies in my support. These things not only will give some confidence to the fearing masses of Tanzania but will also shake CCM as they will start questioning themselves if their base is still really there.

That's how Trump became President. You need to create your own rules if you are to defeat the establishment.
The US political status is unlike Africa,those people are equipped with Democracy ,Trump did not get in power as you claim

The US political status is unlike Africa,those people are equipped with Democracy ,Trump did not get in power as you claim

Trump didn't use conventional means to win the Presidency. He wouldn't get near WH if he did. I was telling people he was going to win when everyone was still looking at him as a joke even before the primaries. I know my shhhh.

Btwn, I never claimed to attend international relations class, I think you misquoted me.

Happy Easter to you all,

CCM propaganda tool , a typical Lumumba fanatic ....what a dumb fool you are !

This sounds like : give respect to the devil (satan) if you are to remove it.

But in reality:
Give your life to Jesus and the devil will go away!

By respect I don't mean bow down to the enemy. It means don't be blinded with anger and enthusiasm to defeat him that you fail to learn from his ways. It's from that knowledge that effective strategies to defeat him will come from.

Why does the Bible call the serpent the most clever animal in all of creation? Isn't that a statement of respect?

Bu respect I don't mean bow down to the enemy. It means don't be blinded with anger and enthusiasm to defeat him that you fail to learn from his ways. It's from that knowledge that effective strategies to defeat him will come from.

Why does the Bible call the serpent the most clever animal in all of creation? Isn't that a statement of respect?
If that is what you mean, kudos!
You are spot on

Tundu Lissu is as close of a brutally honest leader as you can get! He just need to develop courage to also openly criticise and correct his fellow opposition leaders or those that he seek votes from including civil servants.

They have been pretty shy to speak out against certain segments of the population thinking they will lose their votes. Magufuli's speaking style is what Mbowe and the like should have had years ago. But then again, I still doubt Magufuli's sincerity!

Tundu Lissu is as close of a brutally honest leader as you can get! He just need to develop courage to also openly criticise and correct his fellow opposition leaders or those that he seek votes from including civil servants.

They have been pretty shy to speak out against certain segments of the population thinking they will lose their votes. Magufuli's speaking style is what Mbowe and the like should have had years ago. But then again, I still doubt Magufuli's sincerity!
I always say no to Lissu's ideas because of his biased inclination. He is kind of a person who believe in legal framework as the only way to development. He never argue of economy, social development, education, science and the likes. He will never be a good leader as long as he can't listen to other ideas parting laws. he has closed mind!

He seems thinking of his court legal achievement being a thing of all to appreciate, which is wrong. Socially we know him being corrupt like any other MP. He is just another money maker to whom, I can't place my trust. Do you know how his sibling became a member of the Bunge la Katiba? Is he different from other money eaters?

About Magufuli, like all human races, he has some sort of insincerity. No human would claim having such quality because we all have adrenaline and life preconceived behaviour. But, comparatively, he is a saviour! we were too far from sincerity level of modern development. A point where a girlfriend was powerful than a cabinet minister! Shame upon us!

Happy Easter to you all,

Thanks for this post!!!!! useful one

Lisu is not politician, if we are serious about who politicians real are

What kind of democracy America have, if every elected president pushes hard to get in as many supreme court judges who can rule in their favour.

I always say no to Lissu's ideas because of his biased inclination. He is kind of a person who believe in legal framework as the only way to development. He never argue of economy, social development, education, science and the likes. He will never be a good leader as long as he can't listen to other ideas parting laws. he has closed mind!

He seems thinking of his court legal achievement being a thing of all to appreciate, which is wrong. Socially we know him being corrupt like any other MP. He is just another money maker to whom, I can't place my trust. Do you know how his sibling became a member of the Bunge la Katiba? Is he different from other money eaters?

About Magufuli, like all human races, he has some sort of insincerity. No human would claim having such quality because we all have adrenaline and life preconceived behaviour. But, comparatively, he is a saviour! we were too far from sincerity level of modern development. A point where a girl friend was poweful than a cabinet minister! Shame upon us!
Lissu, Kabwe, Magufuli they all shared similar attitude. My Way Or No Way

Back
Top Bottom