First give Respect to CCM if You are to Remove it from Power!

Keynez

JF-Expert Member
Feb 12, 2007
Recently, I was reading a story of Moise Katumbi, a wealthy billionaire in DRC and a former ally to the then President Joseph Kabila. He had all the wealth and influence but all of that wasn't enough to prevent his enemies stopping him to become a Presidential candidate, let alone re-enter the country after his own self-imposed exile. Katumbi did a lot of things right but forgot one important thing, he didn't seek blessings from Dar es Salaam.

After more than 25 years since the last African liberation victory was won, CCM is still able to churn out Swahili-speaking Presidents from Zimbabwe to Mozambique. We might even have a future Chinese President in our midst.

Uprooting CCM as close as it may seem and as easy as it may look, it's important to remember you are talking about an organisation that has enjoyed enough time to build its roots and establish strong relationships locally and abroad. The biggest mistake any one who want to remove CCM from power can ever make is to overlook this undeniable fact.

Recently I was reading a news report of FM Palamagamba Kabudi talking to Libyan representative and all Kabudi reported after the meeting was about talks of Investments, assuming we don't know anything about what's really going on in Libya today. Is that all they talked about? Can you really sit down today and talk to a Libyan leader without talking about escalating Libyan internal political situation?

Recently I was watching an interview of this South African most respected Hip Hop legend named Tumi aka Stogie T. What surprised me was to find out he was actually born and grew up in the Morogoro region at a camp formerly used by South African freedom fighters. Do you now understand what I am trying to say here?

My little amateur understanding of politics, diplomacy and international relations tells me that you need to make serious political connections with other organisations and peoples especially in this part of the world if you are to defeat an organisation like CCM. Stop dealing with Musukumas and Jerry Murros, those are just distractions, you have much bigger fish to fry. Also learn from Muslim Brotherhood and the rookie mistakes they made after acquiring power so that you don't repeat them. They lost power as quickly as they acquired it.

Tundu Lissu, the man I truly admire for having real tenacity and persistence is a true embodiment of a Swahili saying 'Kumpiga chura teke ni kumuongezea spidi'. I think for the very first time we have a true opposition leader who has been anointed, separated and ordained for a great mission since Nyerere in the 1950's. I seriously hope he doesn't continue to waste it on meet-and-greet arrangements which neither increase his influence locally or abroad nor expand his understanding of matters of politics.

Lissu need to spend every second of his God-given life to brainstorm with big brains who understand power and how to acquire it. I have seen him repeatedly making some mistakes that shows me he doesn't have serious advisers around him. For example, when he was in Washington he mentioned President Trump but not in a very positive light. Also, talks of democracy and human rights however noble they are will not automatically give him the keys to power. This is especially important to keep in mind in closed-door meetings. He need to remember he is in a game of give-and-take. That's all there is to it.

What is he prepared to give them in exchange for them removing their support to CCM? This is a very hard complex question. When he is not building serious coalitions and relationships with fellow African political and social organisations, this is the only other thing he need to be thinking about. These two, and only these two hold the keys to his future political success.

Respect your enemy. Jesus even went further and said Love your enemy. There is a great secret to that wisdom.

Happy Easter to you all,

He is Risen! He is Risen!

Thinking!
Consistently, I have been discouraged by a new generation of JF member. They tend to equate football match noise making that enhance impetus to players, synonymous to political performance. Politics never grow out of noise making. IQ enhancement!

Now you are saying about CCM and its tentacles to the outside. My thinking is that, CCM can go but not under this poor quality and structure of opposition parties. CCM's out connection can't make it immune to shake-up because the outsiders are similarly in shambles. The kind of leaders we have in the opposite side would have been useful in the 1950s and 1960s, not in today's independent Tanzania. You can't expect to be governed by non-professional people, at this literacy level! It tests bitter but, let fact be said, openly!

Then, you are saying something confusing about Lissu. Like above, Lissu was supposed to be a politician in 1970s in countries like Rhodesia and SA, where the rulers, having seen what had happened to other african countries were really aggressively protecting their surrounding. Then, they needed sacrificial politicians. In today's TZ, NO! No thanks! btw. he is not an intelligent man rather a person with self appreciation. He behaves like Homo sapiens amidst four legged animals. No room for others, no room for new ideas.

At my first glance on the heading I wondered why on the earth this fella decided to write in english. But I've come to realise that kiswahili would'nt have done better justice.

I hope the die hard revolutionaries have caught you very correctly.

CCM has to give its respect to the National Electoral Commission which is not free and fair also it needs to thank the fact tgat the constitution outsting jurisdiction from courts on presidential electoral results for CCM knows without the Police, Wakurugenzi wa Uchaguzi, and etc they cant stand a free and fair election...

The only problem with our opposition parties is that they only struggle to remove CCM from power.

They repeat the same mistake over and over.

Thinking!
Consistently, I have been discouraged by a new generation of JF member. They tend to equate football match noise making that enhance impetus to players, synonymous to political performance. Politics never grow out of noise making. IQ enhancement!

Now you are saying about CCM and its tentacles to the outside. My thinking is that, CCM can go but not under this poor quality and structure of opposition parties. CCM's out connection can't make it immune to shake-up because the outsiders are similarly in shambles. The kind of leaders we have in the opposite side would have been useful in the 1950s and 1960s, not in today's independent Tanzania. You can't expect to be governed by non-professional people, at this literacy level! It tests bitter but, let fact be said, openly!

Then, you are saying something confusing about Lissu. Like above, Lissu was supposed to be a politician in 1970s in countries like Rhodesia and SA, where the rulers, having seen what had happened to other african countries were really aggressively protecting their surrounding. Then, they needed sacrificial politicians. In todays TZ, NO! No thanks! btw. he is not an intelligent man rather a person with self appreciation. He behaves like Homo sapiens amidst four legged animals. No room for others, no room for new ideas.

I will agree with you on the weaknesses of the opposition parties. I have highlighted some of them repeatedly for years. Some of these are so obvious and probably 'easy' to fix, you wonder why those leaders don't take action.

But then again, maybe those are not really mistakes as we believe them to be, maybe they are there by design!

Principles of politics haven't changed much since the days of Julius Caesar and they will remain so for the foreseeable future.

In my humble opinion, support from neighbors or lack thereof is what separated Jonas Savimbi from Paul Kagame.

If I were Lissu when the time come for real political battles, I'll have few retired military generals come out in support (maybe at the expense of forfeiting their retirement pensions). I will have few political parties in other African countries hold rallies in my support. These things not only will give some confidence to the fearing masses of Tanzania but will also shake CCM as they will start questioning themselves if their base is still really there.

That's how Trump became President. You need to create your own rules if you are to defeat the establishment.

The only problem with our opposition parties is that they only struggle to remove CCM from power.

They repeat the same mistake over and over.
You would be a genius fellow if you had advised on those alternative mechanisms you think are viable. Don't just lay aside and throw blames to others as if what they have been doing is for themselves and their families.

You would be a genius fellow if you had advised on those alternative mechanisms you think are viable. Don't just lay aside and throw blames to others as if what they have been doing is for themselves and their families.
sorry that's not my job.

I don't have that luxury! !

Keynez,

..i have a slightly different point of view frm yours.

..first of all, its was the sacrifices of Tanzanians, and not ccm, which was crucial in the southern african liberation struggle.

..freedom fighters were trained by OUR ARMY not ccm's "army."

..Nachingwea, Bagamoyo, Kongwa, Mgagao, were army camps/ establishments, not Tanu or ccm.

..Now, fast forward to "CCM and Tz ya Magufuli" and my opinion the current regime has no solidarity with the former liberation movements.

..Since he came to power President Magufuli has not attended any Sadc meeting. That shows you how much value we put on Sadc and how commited we are to the ideals that established it[sadc].

..Have you ever imagined Mwalimu Nyerere not attending the frontline states meetings for 3 years? What would have been the state of the Southern Africa armed struggle?

..we read in the news about the incident in which CCM did support the resolution of the former liberation movements which condemned Morocco's occupation of Western Sahara.

..The only AU Heads of State summit that President Magufuli has attended is the one that voted to re-instate Morocco membership to the African union.

..Now, was it a coincidence? Or the vote to re-instate Morocco was so important and our President wanted to show our support and solidarity to Morocco?

..You should have heard what President Mugabe said about all the head of states who supported Morocco.

..And now the question becomes: can Tz be solidarity with Morocco and yet claim to support freedom and self-determination of all Africans?

..Je, CCM ya Magufuli ina tofauti gani na UNITA linapokuja suala la KUSALITI vyama vya ukombozi?

NB.

..masuala ya Tundu Lissu na wapinzani wa Tz nitayaweka kiporo kwa leo.

Cc Nguruvi3, Pascal Mayalla, Mag3, BAK

Recently, I was reading a story of Moise Katumbi, a wealthy billionaire in DRC and a former ally to the then President Joseph Kabila. He had all the wealth and influence but all of that wasn't enough to prevent his enemies stopping him to become a Presidential candidate, let alone re-enter the country after his own self-imposed exile. Katumbi did a lot of things right but forgot one important thing, he didn't seek blessings from Dar es Salaam.

After more than 25 years since the last African liberation victory was won, CCM is still able to churn out Swahili-speaking Presidents from Zimbabwe to Mozambique. We might even have a future Chinese President in our midst.

Uprooting CCM as close as it may seem and as easy as it may look, it's important to remember you are talking about an organisation that has enjoyed enough time to build its roots and establish strong relationships locally and abroad. The biggest mistake any one who want to remove CCM from power can ever make is to overlook this undeniable fact.

Recently I was reading a story of FM Palamagamba Kabudi talking to Libyan representative and all Kabudi reported after the meeting was about talks of Investments, assuming we don't know anything about what's really going on in Libya today. Is that all they talked about? Can you really sit down today and talk to a Libyan leader without talking about escalating Libyan internal political situation?

Recently I was watching an interview of this South African most respected Hip Hop legend named Tumi aka Stogie T. What surprised me was to find out he was actually born and grew up in the Morogoro region at a camp formerly used by South African freedom fighters. Do you now understand what I am trying to say here?

My little amateur understanding of politics, diplomacy and international relations has showed me that you need to make serious political connections with other organisations and peoples especially in this part of the world if you are to defeat an organisation like CCM. Stop dealing with Musukumas and Jerry Murros, those are just distractions, you have much bigger fish to fry. Also learn from Muslim Brotherhood and the rookie mistakes they made after acquiring power so that you don't repeat them. They lost power as quickly as they acquired it.

Tundu Lissu, the man I truly admire for his real tenacity and persistence is a true embodiment of a Swahili saying 'Kumpiga chura teke ni kumuongezea spidi'. I think for the very first time we have a true opposition leader who has been anointed, separated and ordained for a great mission since Nyerere in the 1950's. I seriously hope he doesn't continue to waste it on meet and greet arrangements which neither increase his influence locally or abroad nor increases his understanding of matters of politics.

Lissu need to spend every second of his God-given life to brainstorm with big brains who understand power and how to acquire it. I have seen him repeatedly making some mistakes that shows me he doesn't have serious advisers around him. For example, when he was in Washington he mentioned President Trump but not in a very positive light. Also, talks of democracy and human rights however noble they are will not automatically give him the keys to power. This is especially important in closed-door meetings. He need to remember he is in a game of give-and-take. That's all there is to it.

What is he prepared to give them in exchange for them removing their support to CCM? When he is not building serious coalitions and relationships with fellow African political and social organisations, this is the only other thing he need to be thinking about. These two, and only these two hold the keys to his future political success.

Respect your enemy. Jesus even went further and said Love your enemy. There is a great secret to that wisdom.

Happy Easter to you all,

He is Risen! He is Risen!
Excellent piece, well researched and said.

Thinking!

Then, you are saying something confusing about Lissu. Like above, Lissu was supposed to be a politician in 1970s in countries like Rhodesia and SA, where the rulers, having seen what had happened to other african countries were really aggressively protecting their surrounding. Then, they needed sacrificial politicians. In todays TZ, NO! No thanks! btw. he is not an intelligent man rather a person with self appreciation. He behaves like Homo sapiens amidst four legged animals. No room for others, no room for new ideas.
Another excellent responce of the original article, loved your views.

Thinking!

A nice comment ! The comment has impressed me !!

What you have said is the fact and you have commented frankly !

Keynez,

..i have a slightly different point of view frm yours.

..first of all, its was the sacrifices of Tanzanians, and not ccm, which was crucial in the southern african liberation struggle.

..freedom fighters were trained by OUR ARMY not ccm's "army."

..Nachingwea, Bagamoyo, Kongwa, Mgagao, were army camps/ establishments, not Tanu or ccm.

..Now, fast forward to "CCM and Tz ya Magufuli" and my opinion the current regime has no solidarity with the former liberation movements.

..Since he came to power President Magufuli has not attended any Sadc meeting. That shows you how much value we put on Sadc and how commited we are to the ideals that established it[sadc].

..Have you ever imagined Mwalimu Nyerere not attending the frontline states meetings for 3 years? What would have been the state of the Southern Africa armed struggle?

..we read in the news about the incident in which CCM did support the resolution of the former liberation movements which condemned Morocco's occupation of Western Sahara.

..The only AU Heads of State summit that President Magufuli has attended is the one that voted to re-instate Morocco membership to the African union.

..Now, was it a coincidence? Or the vote to re-instate Morocco was so important and our President wanted to show our support and solidarity to Morocco?

..You should have heard what President Mugabe said about all the head of states who supported Morocco.

..And now the question becomes: can Tz be solidarity with Morocco and yet claim to support freedom and self-determination of all Africans?

..Je, CCM ya Magufuli ina tofauti gani na UNITA linapokuja suala la KUSALITI vyama vya ukombozi?

NB.

..masuala ya Tundu Lissu na wapinzani wa Tz nitayaweka kiporo kwa leo.

Cc Nguruvi3, Pascal Mayalla, Mag3, BAK

JokaKuu,

I understand your point of view but the reason that I gave it all to CCM is the fact that since 1992 they have claimed everything good and noble as being theirs. It is possible that more than 50% of their physical assets are what you would claim to be national assets but they still own and benefit from them. Now they even raid funerals and claim dead bodies. It's not right but they still do it!

It's not any different from CCM claiming TANU successes, including our very own independence, even though those two organisations are not necessarily the same thing!

I gave them those accolades just as a sign of respect you would give to someone stronger than you before you tell them how you really feel about them. Don't look too much into it.

Tanzania started pulling from hardcore political stances during the Kikwete presidency that's why Americans loved him. Pan-African political seeds were already planted decades ago, the hard work was already done now they are just enjoying the harvest.

Magufuli attending or not attending SADC meetings may seem like a serious gesture of neglect to most of us but I don't think it affects our relationship with them a great deal.

Restoring our relationship with Morocco also had very little to do with Magufuli's worldview but more with the new direction in international matters the country decided to take years ago. I also hold serious reservations about Magufuli but I wouldn't put this one on him.

When those two journalists, one of them South African were kidnapped and nearly disappeared, South African government showed it support to Tanzania. These are the kinds of harvests I am talking about. All Tanzania needed to do was make a phone call. You need to shake up and weaken these bonds if you are to defeat CCM.

Lastly, Tanzania has now turned into a classic case of fascism. As days go by its roots are becoming more entrenched and will require a lot more effort and intellect to uproot them.

Back
Top Bottom