Exposing Grand Corruption in Kenya

Game Theory,
Mkuu shukran sana ila naomba hii habari uiweke kule kwenye siasa maanake nimeona kipande hiki kimenifanya nigune na kujiuliza maswali mengi...
Crown Agents -Tanzania

Crown Agents has worked for the Tanzanian government since 1963, and has maintained a presence in Dar es Salaam since 1976.. Crown Agents Services (Tanzania) Limited was incorporated in 2001.
We have engaged with government departments and donors to gain a detailed understanding of government procedures and methodology for procuring goods, works and services. We are currently providing procurement advisory services to water and energy sectors under Millennium Challenge Corporation funding.
We work alongside ministries and agencies to strengthen public procurement processes, building capacity and develop human resources. Since 1997 we have worked with the Tanzania Revenue Authority providing technical assistance, IT, capacity and training to assist in improving their revenue generation....

Bila shaka kule (Siasa) tunaweza pata habari nyingi za nyumbani jinsi hawa jamaa wanavyotumaliza!

Where is the so called smatta in this yeye aki sikia ya tanzania he is the first to comment< when it comes to kenya"s ills yeye kimya. Like i said before this guy is a hypocrite and nothing else.

Huyu mtoto wa Kenyatta ni dagaa tuuu na katika watu huyu hahesabiwi kabisaaaa

Hivi ushawahi kumsikia JOSHUA KULEI? kama hujawahi basi ujue huyu jamaa hakusoma kama unavyomwona ZUMA lakini mikoba yote ya Moi alikuwa anabeba yeye..in other words ndio kama CONSIGLIERI au tumwite TOM HAGEN figure wa the Godfather BABA MOI

Then kama unamtafuta Michael CORLEONE wa Moithen why look far wakati GIDEON MOI yupo?

Jamaa wana estimate in UK alone hakosi close to 1 billion POUNDS kwenye account

At the end of the day haya mahela yote yanaenda kukaa tu in foreign bank accounts au kununua foreign property na kunufaisha uchumi wa wazungu.

Kwanini haya mahela yote yasiwe invested hapa East Africa?

Kuna kitu hapa.

At the end of the day haya mahela yote yanaenda kukaa tu in foreign bank accounts au kununua foreign property na kunufaisha uchumi wa wazungu.

Kwanini haya mahela yote yasiwe invested hapa East Africa?

Kuna kitu hapa.

Kikojozi,

Jamaa wanajua wameharibu hapa EA na nd'o maana wanapeleka hela
kubwa kwenye hizi foreign accounts. Kisha wanajua kua with time watu
watahamasika na kuanza ku-demand haki yao.Na iwapo wanamajumba
biashara na mashamba basi watu watayamiliki tu.Nd'o halisi inayowakumba
mabepari ulimwengu mzima.

Kikojozi,

Jamaa wanajua wameharibu hapa EA na nd'o maana wanapeleka hela
kubwa kwenye hizi foreign accounts. Kisha wanajua kua with time watu
watahamasika na kuanza ku-demand haki yao.Na iwapo wanamajumba
biashara na mashamba basi watu watayamiliki tu.Nd'o halisi inayowakumba
mabepari ulimwengu mzima.

Si ndo hicho kinachonishangaza.

Kwanini mtu aibe matrilioni ya fedha huku akijua hawezi kuyafaidi kwa raha nyumbani kwake nchini mwake?

This is the principal difference between ufisadi wa kizungu na wa kiafrika. Mzungu atawekeza his ill gotten money in his own economy na kuzifaidi. Hata akifungwa, wananchi wenzake watafaidi hizo pesa na vitegauchumi.

Hapa Afrika fisadi litaiba na kupeleka hela ulaya where neither himself nor his family and countrymen will enjoy the money and assets acquired. You're a (dirty) trillionaire but living like an ordinary honest millionaire.

Whats the point of ufisadi then? Either these people have been mentally enslaved by their Western masters or are plain stupid.

At the end of the day, utakuja realize that hata hawa jamaa, i mean nchi zilizoendelea, Bretton Woods Institutions etc kwa namna moja au nyingine wana-fuek grand corruption in Africa, coz wana benefit sana.

I refer to the Book UNTAPPED(Scramble for Africa's Oil), cha John Ghazvinian, utaona ni jinsi gani nchi zilizoendelea na WB/IMF waki-plunder Africa r'ces for the expenses of Millions of poor Africans!

On top of that, Paul Collier kwenye kitabu chake cha THE BOTTOM BILLIONS, tells us the same vicious scenario!, Angola mwaka juzi income waliyopata from Mafuta ni zaidi total ammount of loans from IMF/WB to Africa, lakini wat's going on in Angola?..cheki na Ghazavinian!

Poor Africans!

I am writing this for my fellow great thinkers.

If anyone of you have studied carefully the people behind the mega corruption scandals in Kenya and Tanzania, you will realise that they have similarities in module operandi as well as their origin.

Although in planning and executing these mega scandals, they are always supported by their puppets from the government or the ruling party. And both scandals are in one way or another connected to financing elections.

I might be seen as a racist in this matter but since this is the reality, let me just say it.

Below are the key similarities between TZ AND Kenya corruption.

a) Both were planned and hatched by Asian tycoons in collaboration with their local puppets(Kamlesh Patni, Tanil Somaiya, the Jailed Somaiya in Kenya who is wanted in TZ, Rostam Aziz, Karim Kurji, Subhash Patel, Sailesg Vithlani, Jeetu Patel, etc)
b) Nearly 80percent of these mega scandals involve the Central Banks(BOT, CBK)
c) All these scandals have strong connections to financing elections(Goldenbag, Anglo Leasing, EPA)
d) 90 percent of these scandals involve international procurement or tendering process
e)Majority of these scandals are either left stranded or die a natural death before the court of law.
f)Its investigation takes so long time for the unknown reason.

As a serious nation, we should not hesitate to fight corruption just because in so doing we will be dubbed racism. We know that there are our fellow Africans trusted by the public who have also collaborated with these Asian Tycoons including Vijisenti, Uhuru Kenyatta, Gidion Moi, Nicholas Biwot, Peter Noni and many more.

The time has come for Africans to say no to grand corruption no matter in so doing we are being seen as racists. When Iddi Simba launched the empowerment program under Uzawa, the same puppets strongly opposed him saying, he was preaching racism.

A nation of 40million like Tanzania can't be held hostage by few Asians who stash billions of monies abroad in the name of investment. Manji can finance Young Africans million times, but that doesnt make him a clean person before our eyes as the members of the public. And so does Rostam.

He can have thousands Dossier for the PCCB, but he will not deny Kagoda at any cost, because truth never dies. Sh40billion is alot of monies.

To those puppets, once you are challenged, please USITUKANE JIBU HOJA.

We know that you have benefited from the looted billions, but just tell your bosses to file tax return from 2000 to 2008. We need audited report by well recognised Auditing firm.

TRA for fearing of losing their job, have been reluctant to approach Rostam Aziz through Caspian which transacted business with Geita Gold Mine and Barrck worth $50million, but filed a tax a return $5million between 2004 and 2008.

See you later, I am catching my flight to NBI-London

At the end of the day, utakuja realize that hata hawa jamaa, i mean nchi zilizoendelea, Bretton Woods Institutions etc kwa namna moja au nyingine wana-fuek grand corruption in Africa, coz wana benefit sana.

Sio utakuta...... NDO WANAFUEL HII CORRUPTION NA KUNUFAIKA NAYO.

Wazungu wanajua kabisa kwamba hawa corrupt third world rulers (sadly overwhelming majority are African) wanakuja kudeposit millions of dollars ambazo hawawezi ku-account for in Swiss and other western banks and yet the wazungu welcome them with open arms and broad smiles then they definitely are acomplices in the looting.

The west gets to enjoy the lion's share of these funds with the fisadis enjoying only a token. The fisadis are like brainwashed hypnotised zombies robbing poor citizens in their countries and delivering the proceeds to their western slavemasters in the western capitals.

Shame.

Where is the so called smatta in this yeye aki sikia ya tanzania he is the first to comment< when it comes to kenya"s ills yeye kimya. Like i said before this guy is a hypocrite and nothing else.

Smatta is reading the posts without commenting, he is analyzing ish and doing a little google research to post more scam from my country. I can not support corruption, because thats the only thing dragging this beautiful country behind.

BTW, I aint no hypocrite, am just a patriot who cant swallow hateful posts from you and your brothers.

Smatta is reading the posts without commenting, he is analyzing ish and doing a little google research to post more scam from my country. I can not support corruption, because thats the only thing dragging this beautiful country behind.

BTW, I aint no hypocrite, am just a patriot who cant swallow hateful posts from you and your brothers.

I have never posted any hateful comments about Kenya. On the other hand I have seen what you have sad about Tanzania & Tanzanians. If you don't think your comments are hateful then you must have a whole different definition of the word.

Sh6 billion lost in Kenya Pipeline scam

Published on 22/06/2009
By David Ohito

Just as it was smarting from the unresolved Sh7.6billion Triton saga Kenya Pipeline Corporation has again been hit by a multi-billion-shilling scandal.

Details of a massive fraud involving the corporation and contracted suppliers have emerged and the shocker is that you the taxpayer will pay an extra Sh6 billion sunk into a project that remains incomplete. It is the familiar story of cost variations for which our state corporations, especially the cash cows such as those in the energy sector, are legendary.

"Unjustified scope changes were deemed to have been as a result of either incompetence or deliberate intention to defraud," the KPC board concedes in its minutes of a May 10th meeting.

This is the project launched by the president and prime minister last year, only for Kenyans to learn the two had been duped. The launch ceremony for the project took place before KPC could attain the increased capacity they had greatly publicised.

One of the audit reports was by Public Procurement Oversight Authority dated April, while the other was KPC’s internal self-examination.

In all cases, employees of KPC who traditionally would speak to the Press refused on this one, conceding it was "very sensitive’’ and was about the ‘top’.

A blow-by-blow account of a secret audit report shows how the project could have been turned into a cash cow through fraudulent contracts as management flouted rules of procurement resulting in huge losses.

The reports come against the backdrop of the Triton oil scam whose dust is yet to settle with several suits awaiting KPC in court.

In shocking details, the report says, "recommendations on officers implicated in both the PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC) report and the KPC Line 1 capacity enhancement project were too lenient."

Audit experts estimate that KPC may lose up to Sh5 billion in the Line 1 capacity enhancement-pumping project, which has seen several top managers, fired.

Pump capacity

The project’s task was simple — to increase the oil pumping capacity between Mombasa and Nairobi depots at a cost of Sh2.6 billion. But what followed is all too familiar to Kenyans because of cost variations the project has gobbled up Sh8.1bilion. Worse still, it is incomplete, and so still ‘thirsts’ for more money.

Energy Minister Kiraitu Murungi, who when the Triton saga broke out said he too was in the dark, also says he has not seen the report on KPC’s fresh scandal.

Reached for comment, Kiraitu who fought off claims of corruption in his ministry as sleuths hunted for Triton director Yagnesh Devani said he had not seen the report.

When Kiraitu, a lawyer by profession, left Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission’s offices after the Triton Affair was busted, he told journalists: "I was not involved in the scandal in any manner and I am here as a complainant."

He was then under pressure, as he may this week, to explain at what stage he came to know of the scandal and what action he took.

However, independent sources confirmed Kiraitu is expected to table a report of investigation from different audit bodies to the Parliamentary Energy committee this week.

Waiting for report

Curiously, even as the minister kept quiet, the chairman of the Parliamentary Energy Committee, Mr James Rege, revealed: "We had a long meeting with Kiraitu and (Energy PS) Patrick Nyoike and they admitted it was a big problem. The minister is expected to give us a report by Wednesday."

He added: "Kiraitu said the report was ready. We are waiting for the report so that we can scrutinise it."

Several procurement issues have emerged ranging from flawed procurement to single sourcing.

A board meeting on May 14 resolved to ease out officers indicted in the fraud investigation, and a subsequent meeting on June 2 ratified the decision that sent home several senior managers.

Principal audit findings pointed at how the original project entailed the purchase of two 880 metres cubed/per hour pumps. However, with the approval of the ministries of Finance and Energy, the pipes were increased to three but of a lower capacity — 440 meters cubed per hour pumps. This way the firm expected to reduce the overall cost but that was not to be — the cost simply went up.

"For unexplained reasons, only two 440 metres cubed per hour pumps were purchased and the overall cost went up by over Sh419 million,’’ the audit report says.

In yet another scam, the cost of site camps were omitted from the main contract and KPC is likely to spend Sh106.5 million more than the quoted Sh297 million.

The KPC board says it will lose at least Sh846 million from contractor claims. The board’s minutes project another Sh531 million will be lost through unjustified payments.

Contract handling

The audit findings also point at fraudulent contract management singling out how the contracts for Plant Area Civil Works and KPLC sub-stations were changed to make them open-ended with the possibility of drawing payments indefinitely.

The report says: "Lapses were noted in project monitoring and controlling processes. The internal audit department raised red flags during the pre-audit of progress payments and project reviews but they were ignored."

The board paper says the tender oversight committee breached procurement law and ratified contract variations while not being recognised under public procurement law.

The board also owned up to illegal approvals and ratifications. Solicitor General Wanjuki Muchemi said the report revealed possible criminal negligence and complicity.

Source:
The Standard | Online Edition :: Sh6 billion lost in Kenya Pipeline scam

Naona umeamua kuifungulia thread kabisa mkuu. Ngoja nitaipitia taratibu kisha nirudi kucomment.

Naona umeamua kuifungulia thread kabisa mkuu. Ngoja nitaipitia taratibu kisha nirudi kucomment.

Hii ishu nd'o imeniudhi kweli...

Just as it was smarting from the unresolved Sh7.6billion Triton saga Kenya Pipeline Corporation has again been hit by a multi-billion-shilling scandal.

Details of a massive fraud involving the corporation and contracted suppliers have emerged and the shocker is that you the taxpayer will pay an extra Sh6 billion sunk into a project that remains incomplete

Ab it seems there is a smaller fish taking bait for this. Hakuna mtu mkubwa zaidi ya huyo Kiraitu to be implemented on this scandal?

Masikini!! Hizi hela zote zinazoibiwa zingetumika kwa maendeleo ya nchi, Kenya ingekuwa mbali sana kuliko sasa. It's a hell lot of money

btw just like ROSTAM the Godfather baba Moi hakuna sehemu hata moja ambako utakuta signature yake kwenye haya madudu...ohh by the way Baba Moi ana certificate ya ualimu tuu siku hizi mnaziita Diploma
Poa mkuu GT. Nimeelimika kiasi kikubwa na post zako.

Masikini!! Hizi hela zote zinazoibiwa zingetumika kwa maendeleo ya nchi, Kenya ingekuwa mbali sana kuliko sasa. It's a hell lot of money
They have eaten too much, its sickening. The numbers keep multiplying and no one takes responsibility of the obscene amounts dissapearing. We dont want the law to fry the small time corrupt officers, we need the whales, the walrus and the sharks to be in shackles, for the mwananchi to be confident with the system esp the judiciary.

Our leadership has failed us and the only person to blame is us (the citizens) for voting in the worst breed of thugs in history. We are learning the hard way and it pains me (a tax payer) to be constantly reading on the dailies on how ministers are shamelessly embezzling our money- Where are revolutionary concious minds when you need them, (ama wata appear just before the elections???)?

Back
Top Bottom